UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:34 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Introduction: Mercurivs 

Post Introduction: Mercurivs
Hello, my name is Lance.

I'm 38, married, formerly a youth minister, M.Div, working on M.S. in Counseling.

Toward the end of my time in seminary, I had some of my own unique experiences. This and my recent theological education sent me fumbling through the darkness until I discovered Jung. After finding Jung, I explored some of the same hermetic understandings that I assumed he did. At the end of the day, or at least after about 7 or 8 years, for me, hermeticism is something that one reads and studies in private for insight and understanding. It's not my main goal to be some sort of great hermetic master or something. My main goal is to use whatever insights I gain into psycho-spiritual reality chiefly for my own development, and from there, to aid in the development of others as need arises, whatever their worldview or belief system.

That's the home-position I keep coming to and that's what's led me here.

Hope to meet you in the forums!

Peace.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Post Re: Introduction: Mercurivs
Well, the waters here are quite deep, I see. I like it, but we'll see how well I can swim. I have some vocabulary to learn.

I'm the kind of person who stumbled his way into the whole transformation of psyche. There was definitely a Pandora's Box moment back there, and it had to do with all of the topics so well discussed here.

Since then, I occassionally have the experience of ... what to call it...? It's as if my dreaming life becomes projected onto my waking life. Not with hallucinations of any sort except that could be called hallucinations of meaning - projections and projected stories, dramas... I've learned a lot about how to handle it all from the hermeticists, but I always seem to want to stand apart from them. I don't quite fit the mold. Since the publication of the Red Book, I've begun to wonder how Dr. Jung's process played out. It seems to have evolved more naturally and unexpectedly at times, like my own.

Anyway, those are the thoughts stimulated today.

Peace.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]