UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Tensions in US/European relations after 9/11 
Founder

Post Tensions in US/European relations after 9/11
My son Simon has written his Matura Paper (in English!) with the title

Tensions in US/European relations after 9/11

http://www.psychovision.ch/maturarbeit.pdf

The paper was awarded the best possible mark. As his father I also think that it is a very ripe work for a young man of 18 years. I am very proud of my son.

Perhaps some people of the forum are interested in reading this paper.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

Post Bravo!
Bravo, Simon! That is a most interesting paper. You set it up so well, with all your arguments leading to your very valid and solid conclusions, but it was also so engaging and inspiring. The English is very clear, incredibly readable. I salute you!

I wonder what will happen next in international relations? As a Canadian, I will say that Canada is in a very strange, possibly (and it is coming true even now) dangerous, position as a next door neighbour to 'Bushes' United States of America. Mexico is in a similar position, but treated in an even more inferior way. It is shameful. For the most part, the U.S. acts as if neither of our countries even exist (except when they want to go on holidays). It is as if we have already been completely assimilated by American culture,which, though it appears to the contrary, is actually not at all true. I do know many Americans who feel very disturbed by the developments in their country and it is so hard to be a dissenting American at this time in history.

I lived in the United States on and off for many years and there are so many thoughtful and intelligent people there who are caught in a struggle for their very identity. Many of my American friends are environmentalists, who are facing a very hard battle now in their effort to put a stop to the way their government is treating our planet. All I can say is that we have GOT to get beyond the static idea of 'nationalism' and into a whole other set of values as the EU has set out to do. Unfortunately, I do not feel very hopeful that this kind of development will occur any time soon here in North America. (In general, Canadians are not very nationalistic, which is great - we are far more regional and generally secular, just as most Europeans).

Well Simon, you have brought up much 'food for thought' with your excellent paper. Thanks for letting us read it here on the forum and here's hoping we will be hearing from you some more in the very near future.

Most sincerely,
Kristin

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:31 am
Founder

Post PS
Perhaps I should add that I did not help Simon with one word. He did it all alone, I swear it.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Impressive
Sure it is a wonderful work.

Further it sets out the basis for a deeper analysis of the collective complexes and archetypal play at the core of the situation.

Great job indeed!

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:50 am
Profile Personal album

Post The View from the edge of a Cliff or and from an Abyss??
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne ... e_edge.htm

Thank you

Lewis Lafontaine

"I do not want anyone to be a Jungian... I want people above all to be themselves... Should I be found one day only to have created another 'ism' then I will have failed in all I tried to do." Carl Jung

Mon May 14, 2007 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]