UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:01 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Need Advice 

Post Need Advice
Lately, I've caught myself getting really frustrated. I can't put on my finger on it, either. Right now, I'm going through a stressful period where I feel as though I made the right choice (in moving to Arizona/transferring Universities). However, I am fed up with this traditional education system. I do not like feeling like I'm being forced to choose a path for me to walk before I have even gotten to the sign posts. I maybe be an idealist in this sense, but I sincerely feel I am meant for something more than just a college degree and whatever job I could lure my way with that piece of worthless paper.

I don't mean to post my personal problems, as I'm sure you all have your own personal quarrels to overcome. I'm just asking for some advice. I do believe in fate, in some sense. Synchronicity implies this in some respects (being at the right place at the right time, coincidentally so as to have meaning). I have always lived life in the flow of things, never fearing the future or regretting the past. But I feel imprisoned in this system that seems to me like a garbage chute of a cycle [go to school, get brainwashed, force to pick a degree which in turn forces to pick a career path, etc., then die.] My true passions of studying the type of stuff we speak about on this forum are what I think about. I am not motivated to do anything else, besides think in awe about life and create art and have an open heart to fall in love and to help others reach their dreams. I just don't know how to go about this, because it is not a step by step process. It must be something that just comes my way. And I feel like I'm waiting for some inevitable opportunity to come along and release me from this misery. I feel I am right, but I do not want to end up disappointing myself and struggle through years more of this daily bullshit.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any advice any of you fine people can give me.

Michael

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:24 am
Post need advice
Michael you said: Lately, I've caught myself getting really frustrated. I can't put on my finger on it, either. Right now, I'm going through a stressful period where I feel as though I made the right choice (in moving to Arizona/transferring Universities). However, I am fed up with this traditional education system. I do not like feeling like I'm being forced to choose a path for me to walk before I have even gotten to the sign posts. I maybe be an idealist in this sense, but I sincerely feel I am meant for something more than just a college degree and whatever job I could lure my way with that piece of worthless paper.

Hi Michael.

It would be helpful if you could tell us how old you are and what you're studying at the university.

What do you love to do? What is your passion?

There's nothing wrong with a college degree and in this society it is almost necessary. You need your basics before you venture off into your own individual vocation.

Let us know.

Best Frances.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:10 pm

I've been through several changes of major:
computer science, philosophy, film, and now geology and thinking about either going into psychology or back to philosophy to just finish as quickly as I can.

My passions are studies of the unconscious and the afterlife, parapsychology, art, among many other things...

I know a degree has become a necessity these days, but I feel like I should be able to be successful without one.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:17 pm
I'm 21.
I've been through several changes of major:
computer science, philosophy, film, and now geology and thinking about either going into psychology or back to philosophy to just finish as quickly as I can.

My passions are studies of the unconscious and the afterlife, parapsychology, art, among many other things...

I know a degree has become a necessity these days, but I feel like I should be able to be successful without one.

Hi Michael.

You are at the age when you're trying on many different hats. There's no hurry! Everything in its season. Life goes by so fast (believe it or not!) Just keep tasting the nectar of every flower of experience and trust in your journey. Trust that what is yours will come to you. Trust the inner invisible thread that is guiding your path.

Good luck.

Frances.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:49 am

Post Live Well and Prosper!
Hey Michael;

All I can offer is that the voyage you are on now is going to happen anyway, whether you have lots of time to study the stuff you really love right now or not. This means that you just need to pace yourself a bit now. The trip is ON, so just hold tight and do the stuff you need to do to get out of school in reasonably good shape. I was always glad in the end (as banal as it may seem to you right now) that I got a diploma, even though it didn't end up in a career. It stood me in good stead when people would ask me what I'd been up to etc. I didn't have to expend the energy trying to explain to them what I was 'really' doing with my life! In fact, I have never ended up having 'a career', only a series of experiences which mysteriously led me onward to end up where I am today - hanging out on this forum, writing my own stuff on my own time (poetry etc.), reading and studying alchemy etc. at home, and meanwhile doing gardening work, which is the vocation I chose for myself later (in my thirties) as a sideline, instead of 'working for the man'. I did do several jobs over the years in several graduation related fields, and it was good for me at the time, but meanwhile my own personal journey has kept flowing on of its own accord and has really ended up being what I have 'done' with my life without my having to think about it too much anyway, even despite all the other stuff I ended up doing (or sometimes 'having to do'...)

It's a pretty rich experience, this one you're on. You may think you've chosen it, but I am sure 'it' has chosen you, so just relax about it and let it weave it's magic. After all, what you 'do' in life is ultimately really about 'how you live', what kind of a person you demonstrate yourself to be over the years, what kind of integrity you have and how much love you have for yourself - first. If you love yourself you'll see that being gentle with yourself on this journey is really the best choice. Enjoy the amazing existence you've been gifted with - everything is happening the way it should. You'll find your real subjects of interest will just slowly meld into your life and shape it, and you'll soon be doing something or several things worthy of your inner convictions (you ARE even now you know! -).

You know all of this already. But here's something you might not have thought about yet: the best thing I EVER learned is that being GROUNDED is the best medicine. This is a high frequency trip, and the information you're learning can burn you out fast. Get situated in some kind of grounding process right away, and make it a consistent practice as much as possible. Eat and sleep well and consistently. Take either Tai Chi or Yoga (you may already be, of course) and do it consistently. Get 'into'your body, don't just let your head be the last and final location of your life. Take up gardening. Walk every day. BE in nature. Swim. You get the idea. But whatever you do, do it at a moderate pace and with focus. Let go and 'drop in' to the body. That will be your place of peace. The body of the Earth will help you with this.

Peace, bro. Live well, and prosper!
K

(ps.) what Remo is talking about - with the 'body centered imagination' - will give you all the answers you need to make good decisions. Just 'drop in' to your gut, let things go, and watch what answers 'arrive'. They come in image flashes, pictures, intuitional insights, inspirational feelings. Sometimes they arrive in dreams, sometimes in broad daylight. You already do it no doubt. Don't get obsessed about what your head is doing, or if it's your head or your body or what that's talking to you - just 'drop in', let go and TRUST process. Be like 'water'. You already know how to flow, as you say. Don't let the devil of too much thinking trick you into thinking that you're anywhere but in the right place at the right time. THat kind of thing always happens as you get older - it's almost as if the earlier 'trust' you once had, starts to fade. It doesn't really go away, it just gets replaced by layer upon layer of suspicions, worries etc. Don't let them take over and pile up - throw those suckers out the minute you spot them crowding in on your pure golden growing Selfhood. Dont' ever believe in them, just get back to focusing and equilibrium whenever all that worldy woe stuff starts coming up again --- Adopt a Zen master stance today :wink: (but one further word of advice: make sure though not to repress your stuff - get it out in a journal or whatever, but never repress your emotions - don't emulate any one or anything if repression of your own best instincts is ever part of the project...)

Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:59 am

Thank you both very much for your replies. I would not ordinarilly ask for advice. I've just been feeling overwhelmed after becoming tossed into my situation relatively quickly. I will heed your words.

Thanks again.

Appreciative,
Michael

Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:28 am
Founder

There is nothing I can add. Kristin has said everything that is important.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]