UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:21 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 I Ching coniunctio 

Post I Ching coniunctio
Concerning Pauli's world-clock vision (which I discuss in my complementarian self article, that I've now extended). I now remember that, in 2008, I had a similar dream in which appeared two gigantic concentric circles, that had formed out of clouds and covered a great part of the sky. They consisted of I Ching hexagrams (from the ancient Chinese oracle book). They were somewhat diffuse as they were made up of clouds. I did not connect it with Pauli's vision, which I, by then, had forgotten all about. The I Ching contains 64 hexagrams. Hence this is, too, an image of the coniunctio where 32 units appear in each circle. Half the hexagrams belong to the heavenly yang principle, and 32 to the earthly yin principle. (I take it that the inner ring consisted of yin hexagrams and the outer of yang hexagrams.) Although the rings are concentric, and not intersecting, the meaning should be similar. But the meaning of the 32 × 2 units escapes me. However, in the continuation of the dream there was also to be a coniunctio, in some sense, with a woman who arrived there simultaneously (as upper - so lower!). I was going to live in some kind of school, a brown wooden house in the wild region, for a considerable time. I thought I should relate this dream because it could be relevant to the understanding of the coniunctio.

Mats

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:20 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: I Ching coniunctio
Mats, great article, was very glad to read it. As I've said in another topic, your system of two orthogonal discs/planes reminded me of complex numbers - horizontal being real and vertical - imaginary part. So, as I understand it, you are basically speaking about complex nature of Self. I think it is truly a next step in an evolution of human's psyche. But as I am currently perceiving it, resulting complex Self, complex reality (equal to fully awakened anima mundi and unus mundus in all its glory) will be orthogonal both to the horizontal and vertical planes of current models of Self. It will be long sought tertium datur, mercurial hermaphrodite, and not just some summa oppositoria. But it's only my opinion, and your article is very insightful and enjoyable.

About I Ching - I would take yin and yang lines of hexagrams as an imaginary and real units. Then, instead of simply summarizing them, (which would give you only 7 different resulting numbers), I'd use them in some other mathematical function - something resulting in harmonic oscillation, like y=e^ix. Of course, it's only my strange idea for now, and maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with I Ching, but I'll think about it a while. Maybe fractals will help us here?

It is quantifiable, I'm pretty sure about it.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]