UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 UM 

Post UM
On a new French blog about Jung, the guy that runs it remarked on Apr 3 that there was a mistake in the first page of Jung's Red Book, made with 4 Bible quotes in Latin, Isaiah 53:1-4; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:14; Isaiah 35:1-8, followed by
Quote:
manu propria scriptum a C. G. lung anno Domini mcmxv in domu sua Kusnach Turicense

In the 3rd quote Jung wrote PLENUMUM instead of PLENUM, then he just put the last UM inside brackets, [UM], probably not to waste too much the page.
Here is the translation of the quote, with the wrong word underlined :
Quote:
John said: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory; the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth. (John 1:14).

German:
Quote:
Und das Wort ward Fleisch und wohnte unter uns, und wir sahen seine Herrlichkeit, eine Herrlichkeit als des eingeborenen Sohnes vom Vater, voller Gnade und Wahrheit.

This puzzled me for several reasons :
- I remarked on my English blog there was a lack at the end of the RB, on p. 187 Jung purposely didn't paint the initial of "Als alles in mir vollendet war (...)". Funny that voll(endet) is built on the same root as voll(er).
- The added letters are UM, like us Unus Mundus, who form a kind of Plenum of neognostics Jung friends.
- What comes next is a bit intricated. In this same month I had a heavy confirmation of a theory I have about the Rennes-le-Château affair. I stated the whole thing was a pataphysical hoax, and I learnt a man who had a prominent role in the case was indeed a pataphysician. He is the one who wrote the encoded parchments in Latin which were supposed to have been found and deciphered by priest Saunière.
In one parchment, made from a little known codex of Luke, which was only identified a few years ago, the word DOMUM seems written DUMUM.
As for other words, the point seems to indicate that the word has to be turned upside down, and the UMUM part gives something that can be read as Greek ωλενη, ôlenê, meaning 'forearm', 'cubit'.
This word has strong echoes in the affair, and one of its French equivalents is 'aune', a word that can be read the same upside down...

Something I didn't yet think about is that UM- is a German prefix that has to do with upside down : umdrehen is to turn on the other side, Umseite is the back of a sheet...

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm
Profile WWW

Post Several mansions in the DOMUM
Jung wrote:
Cherisey wroteImage

I just thought that if I turn upside down just D and MU from DUMUM, I can obtain something that looks like PLENUM, after rearranging the letters:

It's a bit tricky to have to read LEN in Greek letters, another turn of N gives something a bit more satisfying:

Last edited by rémi on Mon May 02, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post fisherking
It has to be said too that the man who wrote the parchment with the word DUMUM was Philippe de Cherisey (1923-1985), who was a public personality (radio, cinema). He wrote too several books, among them the crazy novel Livre à vendre (1977) in which Jung appears. Among psychoanalysts he is said to be the only romantic one. He is mentioned again about the death of a kingfisher in his garden.

I had to look in a dictionary to learn this word 'kingfisher' (French 'martin-pêcheur', German 'Eisvogel'), which reminded me of the Fisher King in the Grail story.
It's Philippe de Cherisey and his friend Plantard who imagined the Grail was the Sang Real, the blood of Christ running in the veins of Merovingian kings, and Cherisey built a genealogy 'proving' Plantard was from the same lineage.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post E pluribus UM UM...
Jung wrote:

Took me about a week to think of this: I started this topic UM about the repeat of letters UM, and this topic was doubled. If I remember well, after I submitted the first post, I had a message telling Internet Explorer couldn't display next page. I came back to previous page, my post was still there, and I submitted it again, successfully but I learnt after that my first attempt had been successful too.

In the annexes of the Red Book, there is Systema Munditotius, the first mandala Jung constructed in the year 1916, wholly unconscious of what it meant (but maybe this statement refers to RB's first mandala ?):
http://www.gnosis.org/Jung_first_mandala.html
Anyhow the middle line goes from INANE (empty) to PLENUM (complete)
PLENUM has the same meaning as Greek Pleroma, which is the external circle of the mandala.
In this first go, Jung called emptiness and completeness SPATIUM INANE (void space) and VIS PLENUM (power of full):

Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]