UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:23 pm

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
 The Coming Guest by John Woodcock 

Post Re: The Coming Guest by John Woodcock
jwoodcock wrote:
I want to follow from one of Remo’s comments concerning the connection between eros and political-historical events. Remo points us to Pauli’s discovery of this connection through his dreams:

In a letter three and a half months later he stresses that the dreams, linking Eros with political events are continuing, which is ‘extremely surprising and unexpected for me.’
We can now understand why the Nobel laureate returned to these strange dreams from the early 1930’s, when he mentions in the above letter from 1954 to Marie-Louise von Franz a recent dream about a secret laboratory, in which radioactive isotopes have been isolated without his knowledge. It is even more remarkable that Marie-Louise von Franz also had a dream at this time , in which she was asked to find the ‘psychological equivalent to the atomic bomb .’ Neither of them was, however, able to understand the problem, since its solution comes from the level of the psychophysical reality or unus mundus.

Now in my book I report a dream (p 28-29) I had which also makes this connection:
Attachment:
Pic1.jpg

Attachment:
Pic2.jpg

I welcome any further comments

John,

I do not know if it's a good association but the first time I read your dream I thought the recent Benetton ad. (Advertising = desire)

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 pm
Founder

John,

When I talk of "Eros in its most general meaning" I mean the counter-principle to Logos. Logos is cutting in pieces; Eros is the contrary. The principle of Eros is based on what I call the psychophysical nonlocality. As you perhaps know, the background of quantum physics is nonlocality. This was proven by a guy called Alain Aspect in the early eighties.

Quote:
Wiki: Stated more simply, the experiment provides strong evidence that a quantum event at one location can affect an event at another location without any obvious mechanism for communication between the two locations. This has been called "spooky action at a distance" by Einstein (who doubted the physical reality of this effect). However, these experiments do not allow faster-than-light communication, as the events themselves appear to be inherently random.

Thus, when entering the state that I call the Eros consciousness, one is able to observe exactly such random events. In a mythological terminology I call them the spontaneous (= acausal) creations of the world soul. When such events happen, they have happened in one person, but also "psychophysically nonlocally", i.e. in the whole universe.

It seems that this idea could be the gift that has gone.

The second, the political part could mean that by such procedures observed by specific humans because of psychophysical nonlocality the ennemies -- Gorbachev and Yeltsin were ennemies -- become friends.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

In the German Wiki about Alain Aspect they write that Aspect's results falsify Einstein's conception of local hidden variables. Einstein together with Podolsky and Rosen created a thought experiment, the EPR paradox, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPR_paradox , with the help of which he tried to prove that quantum physics is not complete. He states that with the help of yet unknown hidden variables we will once in the future see that also quantum physics is causal. With the falsification of this statement Alain Aspect proved that this idea is wrong: there are no hidden variables; quantum mechanics is acausal and nonlocal.

This is the basis of my theory of psychophysical nonlocality.

In the German Wiki they write also that there are (only) two interpretations of Aspect's results:

1) 'Ghostly action at a distance' (which Einstein tried to prove as nonsense, but did not succeed), or
2) That quantum physical formalism talks of objects that cannot be seen as parts of physical reality

I would say that both interpretations are right. When we consider the existence of psychophysical reality, we can say that there are in fact ghostly actions at a distance (psychophysical nonlocality), and that the objects of psychophysical reality do in fact (first) not belong to "our world." By their psychophysical nonlocal effects onto "our world" they become, however, real -- in the case when we observe these random events (the spontaneous creation of the world soul).

In Part II of Return of the World Soul that will be published in 2012 as an ebook, I will talk about all this.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

In the thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1060 , UFO Hovers Over Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock, I am also talking about the she-bear and the sphere.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

A further reference to the she-bear and the sphere is in viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1060&p=12236#p12236

There I show also the stupid interpretation of Carotenuto: the [Russian] she-bear is "a veiled reference to [the Russian] Sabina Spielrein." This is a typical Freudian reduction to a complex of the personal unconscious. However, when we interpret this teleologically, we can say that in Jung the Hermetic alchemical myth was constellated: the she-bear is not the "Anima" (projected on Spielrein) but the archetype of the anima mundi (the real projection into Spielrein). Since in this way the archetype of the coniunctio was constellated, Jung fell in love with Spielrein.

A side note: As Zwi Lothane shows, there is not one written proof that Spielrein and Jung had a sexual relationship! And he found and studied much more letters than Carotenuto.

Remo

PS: I think that I had the same problem! Only by writing Return of the World Soul and by much suffering I was able to withdraw this incredibly deep projection into many women. See also the dedication of Return.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 am
Profile WWW

The whole contention of my book which is the subject of this threaded discussion is that Jung’s carving on the wall of Bollingen is an augury ie hints of events “still hidden in the archetypal realm”. Jung offered a reductionistic interpretation himself but then went on to say that he knows least of all what it means. An augury by definition cannot be explicated ie reduced to the ‘already known’ as Caretenuto did. My book shows how one can address an augury if one gives up any ‘irritable reaching after fact and reason” (Keats). Instead we can open up, to the augury, like Rilke:
Because we are alone with the unfamiliar presence that has entered us; because everything we trust and are used to is for a moment taken away from us; because we stand in the midst of a transition where we cannot remain standing. That is why the sadness passes: the new presence inside us, the presence that has been added, has entered our heart, has gone into its innermost chamber and is no longer even there, - is already in our bloodstream. And we don't know what it was. We could easily be made to believe that nothing happened, and yet we have changed, as a house that a guest has entered changes. We can't say who has come, perhaps we will never know, but many signs indicate that the future enters us in this way in order to be transformed in us, long before it happens.

Lastly, given that there is indeed no documentation to support or deny a sexual relationship between Spielrein and Jung, only the enigmatic “poetry” that Spielrein speaks of, then we are in a position to imaginatively explore their relationship and its telos more deeply. I do so in my essay which may be found at: http://www.lighthousedownunder.com/spielrein.pdf.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2