UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Set of 6+1 Pictograms 

Post Set of 6+1 Pictograms
Here is the series of 6+1 pictograms I transcribed in the fall of 2008. They are 6"x6" , the medium is gouache on watercolor paper.
They move in order, flowing one to the next like a narrative with the exception of #5 to #6. When #5 was complete in its conception, there was a *snap* and #6 appeared almost simultaneously to it.

The last one was included more deliberately by me for the sake of completeness. It is something of a response to a friend's comment that if we kept on the trajectory we were on, we'd be "in a pickle" - an American idiom that means to be in big trouble. It's a pickle mountain on fire.

Image, Image, Image

Image,Image,Image

Great thanks to Remo and Roger for a place to share these.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:00 am
Profile Personal album
Site Admin

Post Re: Set of 6+1 Pictograms
Thanks to you, Beth, and I mean it...

Love

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Pickle Mountain
Beth,

Hope you don't mind if I share my reaction to your 7th image - something you characterize as being a "pickle mountain on fire".
Attachment:
Christmas Tree.jpg
Christmas Tree.jpg [ 38.17 KiB | Viewed 1682 times ]

When I saw the image I immediately saw a "Christmas tree on fire" - with the lower chakra transpersonal flame colors of red, orange and yellow. The reign of the Logos Self is certainly “in a pickle” at our time in history and could very much use some input from the chthonic "voices" of the lower chakras. It struck me as if this "tree" was submerged into the fondue of the Earth - "coating" it like this with its lower chakra "knowing".

Gregory

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Roger :-)

No i don't mind Gregory - they've been offered. For discussion or whatever...

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile Personal album

beth wrote:

Hi Beth,
Nice to hear and see from you again.
Your second pictogram made me at once think of Epidaurus circle standing for Telesphoros:
Telesphoros was the godchild of recovering, to whom Jung dedicated his resurrection of 1944, with the Bollingen stone.
Well it's just a little circle in a big circle, but it was for some ancient Greeks a distinct symbol for Telesphoros, among many other symbols which can be seen here:
http://lespierresquiparlent.free.fr/cer ... daure.html

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Fourth Sermon
beth wrote:

I just read few pages of the book "The Gnostic Jung"

<< [...]The growing spirit is the spirit of civilization; it ever seeks to create forms wherein life may expend,may build and make itself more secure. The burning one, on the other hand, seeks life in movement, change, adventure, battle and at times even in conflict and violence. The growing one is peaceful, the burning one is warlike; civilization is conserving and often conservative, while the opposing dynamism is revolutionary[...]

"Good and evil are united in the flame. Good and evil are united in the growth of the tree. Life and love oppose each other in their own divinity" -thus declares the Fourth Sermon. The Sermons bring to our attention that only in the coexistence and mutual inherence of the burning and the growing forces of being in the process of living can the secret of ultimate wholeness be discovered. >>

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi Beth, these are great. My very first impression was that you 'should' write a book. Your work seems like it is trying telling you that.

This is my 5¢ (used to be 2, but, inflation :) )

(so...to extend my attempt at mild humor, I was going to mention also that pennies are no longer minted)

So, silver hey?

:)

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]