UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:50 am

[ 5 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Rémi - Here's a quarternity for you: Life of Pi 

Post Rémi - Here's a quarternity for you: Life of Pi
Rémi - Here's a quarternity for you. The current movie Life of Pi featuring a tiger at sea in a lifeboat - the boat here is Pyche – a symbolic feminine shape on the ocean - and the tiger, named Richard Parker is Self.

But Self/Richard Parker evolves from a life-boat quarternity of four animals; a hyena, a zebra (injured) and orangutan and a Bengal tiger.

In his monograph Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky" Jung said - back in the 1950s - that he didn't know what then meant but may be a synchronicity - a parallel event to accompany the shift of events to the entry of Aquarius; UFOs being a "rite of entry" to that passage. A century ago Kenneth Burke, a influential American philosopher, suggested the rise of robot movies - Karel Čapek first used the word in 1920 in his play R.U.R. – Rossum’s Universal Robots - implied the rise of the Power Principle and the loss of individualism in the rising century. As a parallel event, it is possible to see UFOs accompanying the rise of Asian influence in the west. The UFO visions recede as Asia ascends to global dominance in economy and culture. Tiger is a primary symbol of the East, like Dragon. I recall a dream Mats presented here of a tiger eating a golden fish. To a westerner the golden fish would suggest the ancient consciousness – collective unconscious - of the Christ and what used to be called Christendom, being devoured by the East. This dream occurred as I recall when Hu Jintao was visiting Washington, D.C.

Ang Lee's movies - like this one - often show the East has a harmonious, holistic place (Eat, Drink, Man Woman and The Life of Pi) and America as it's Shadow, a boulevard of broken dreams (Brokeback Mountain and The Ice Storm staring Sigourney Weaver as a beat-me-daddy dominatric cooking dinner at Thanksgiving.

In this regard, Lee is more a political writer on a sophisticated scale. However, my son who is studying acting in London reports that the great and true artist, Hayao Mayosaki, is having his great movie Princess Mononoki performed on stage for the first time in London. Princess Mononoke, the wolf girl, is anima incarnate coming out of the forest to restore dominance in the world over the mother of steel and iron. It may be significant that this happens now in London.

This archetype is rising fast in the U.S. "The Hunger Games" featuring another rustic young woman with bow and arrow in hand brings a fundamental challenge to the current existence in which political discussions and debates are indistinguishable from quiz shows. A new generation still in high school bonds with Katniss, the rising hero. It is significant that Katniss, like Princess Mononoki, uses ancient tools for her liberation; bow and arrow, while the totalitarian opposition uses technology.

Possibly Lee, who is an American citizen, still experiences Shadow from leaving his home place. I believe John Lennon did when he left England and moved to New York. Franz Boaz, called the father of anthropology, said it takes three generations to metabolize.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Rémi - Here's a quarternity for you: Life of Pi
Thank you Bernie.
I read the book years ago, because of a quaternity I saw between the movie Pi (Darren Aronofsky, 1998) and the book House of Leaves (MZ Danielewski, 2000).
The last scene of the movie echoes to its beginning, in which a young girl asks the hero two arithmetic riddles, that he easily solves. But at the end Max Cohen autolobotomized himself to forget the big secret of the Tora ('tiger' in Japanese), chased by many people.
These last riddles are
255 x 183 = ?
Max says nothing and the girl has to give the answer, 46665.
Then she asks
748 : 238 = ?
Still no answer, and the movie breaks here.
The answer would be 3.14..., i.e. Pi, title of the work, and it's quite amazing that one of House of Leaves endings is the annex II-a, showing a set of 4 documents, numbered 175079, 001280, 046665 and 081512. Clever people can guess last one has to be read 08-15-12, letter ranks for H-O-L, House Of Leaves, title of the work.
The previous number is in the two works the same one, 46665...

I saw for the first time the French speaking version of Pi a few weeks ago, and I had the surprise to hear this penultimate riddle had been changed in 255 x 1280, and 1280 is the second document of HOL!!!
Another translation curiosity is that the main character of HOL, Johnny Truant, became in French Johnny ERRAND, anagram of DARREN (Aronofsky).
From my enquiries I guess all these curiosities are just coincidences (but maybe syncs). I posted some things on a US forum, but I go much deeper on my French blog.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:20 am
Profile WWW

You can see here how the tiger as Son emerged from the Four as the Christ singularly emerged from the Christian quarternity of Father Son Holy Spirit and Mary. . . Interesting as well that tora means tiger then tiger is symbol of Indian Hindu, Tibetan Buddhist and Japan.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Bernie, all,
On last June, 28 I have seen the 3rd car 4444 since I'm involved with Jung's 4/4/44.
The first one was French, on August, 15 2010 (the Assumption of Mary, that Jung thought as a 4th), the 2nd one a Croatian on Jan, 12 2012, and this one is a German from Pienneberg, giving the id PI :

Funny that the other letters are SU, meaning "water" in Turkish, as in the movie Life of Pi Pi is lost in the Ocean.

I collected recently on my blog a set of fiction works in which Jung appears as a character.
http://quaternite.blogspot.fr/2013/05/fictions.html
I found 16 works, and I would be grateful to anyone that could give me other hints. The blog is in French, but I hope a Google translation will be OK to get a good idea of the stuff.
In a second part I study fiction works in which Jungian ideas are important, but I didn't quote all the works I know of.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 am
Profile WWW

Remi - The cover of Sgt. Peppers is a study in itself, in which The Beatles drop their "old skin" and rise out to "the dance of life and death" in new outfits. This is a significant artifact of a time of important transition in the world and Jung is top row center.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]