UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 a dream of the Seal of Solomon... 

Post a dream of the Seal of Solomon...
Greetings All - ! I am inspired by the material I find in the forum. Please accept my first post in light of all the interesting dream work and analysis that has come before. It's great to join in and be a part of this meaningful enterprise. :lol:

I would like to relate a dream experience:

Last night (March 15) I had a dream that an old friend of mine, Mary, was giving a lecture or dissertation on the "Seal of Solomon". She told me she had been travelling around lately, and from this I assumed she was now busy giving this lecture in various locations. In the dream I did not really believe Mary would be a person to give what I assumed would be a scholarly lecture, as she is a childrens' teacher, though most intelligent. (In real life, Mary is a very natural and friendly person, quite without artiface and with a good sense of humour.).

There were not many people in the lecture hall. Mary had a large board on a stand with, I believe, an illustration of the Seal upon it. This was her only prop. I believe the colours in the Seal included red, and maybe black, but I feel that the black might have been the background to the actual picture, not 'on' the Seal itself ( I did not actually 'see' if for sure the picture on the board was of the Seal or not, but in the dream I just sensed that it was). We were in a large hall, like an auditorium, and were seated in a grouping of chairs that stood in the center of the place upon a pale wooden floor. The chairs were in small rows and faced where Mary stood. There was nothing else around to be seen. The light in the hall was even and natural, at a comfortable level. I believe there were large windows on the side walls, but they weren't near to us. There may have been ceiling lights as well. It was peaceful there.

Mary stood and spoke quietly. It was interesting because she spoke more like she was telling a story and was not using the usual lecture style. Her quiet voice, due to I don't know what - shyness? - was a bit of a problem, however, because there was a very tall, large man in the audience who kept interrupting her and interposing his own thoughts. He was wearing a pale greyish shirt and had lots of muscles. He had ideas of his own which he assumed were the right ideas. I was in the audience, and I thought, oh well, he has his problems... I believed I knew that his 'social' problem, that of interrupting and not listening, was due to his pride. But I was not completely sure. Maybe it was his need for control, I thought. He seemed as if he was maybe a soldier or some other athletic type. He was not quite middle-aged, still in his prime, very opinionated. But he had some ideas too, despite his rudeness. It was quite strange. The ideas he had seemed to be about a different topic, I sensed, seemed to diverge from the lecture topic itself, though I don't remember in what way.

In the dream I was concerned that Mary was not powerful enough in her delivery as the lecture proceeded, indeed I wondered if her ideas could even be heard properly. This irritated me, and the powerful man's intrusions irritated me still more, though at the same time I was also secretly thankful for the intensity of his delivery in comparison to hers. In the dream I knew that this was a strange combination of feelings to be having and I felt a little conflicted.

Suddenly a most important thing occured: Mary revealed that the "Solomon's Seal" was none other than the famed Merkaba, the vehicle for the soul's ascension! In the dream I understood the Merkaba to be a type of 'body' that was to be 'activated' by some means. On this important note, a final clue appeared, coming either from the content of Mary's words or from out of my own head within the dream, which was this: " the Merkaba is the Silver Chair ". I did not know what this meant, but rather 'sensed' what it meant, which was very informative somehow...
The dream continued on past this point but it is muddled in my mind, except for the fact that the entire rest of the night I seemed to have an ongoing dream about this new material I had learned, as if I was now attempting to USE this material . There was a definate 'alterered dimensional' quality to the proceedings, wherein I laboured to achieve something, I don't know exactly what, but it was to be a great success if only I could get it 'right'. I thought perhaps I had a 'handle' on it at the very least, but it was difficult...

...I have many thoughts about this dream, but in end I think it is quite simple. It is one of those 'macrocosm in the microcosm' dreams to be sure! Definately I am conflicted in myself as to finding to the proper way to communicate my truth, and I recognize that the quality of 'listening' is the receptive quality which allows for information to be comfortably digested. What came to mind today is the following adage:

"It is better to understand, than to be understood"

As for the Merkaba vehicle information - I take that to be the unvarnished truth, a treasure from the unconscious. I have long believed in this vehicle, and I have had dreams 'about' it before, but never in connection with the Seal of Solomon - that is something! The word "Merkaba" has never before actually been said out loud in my dreams until now. I have 'flown' in dreams, of my own accord and so on, and I have had interdimensional experiences wherein I was working with 'grid' energy and going in and out of places, and just managing to keep it together, which I take to be the energy of that vehicle - the Merkaba, here "the Silver Chair" - at work, a kind of 'frequency attunement vehicle' that is difficult to pilot!

As for the actual title, 'The Silver Chair' - my feelings about this are quite baroque! I need more time to consider it, but it does 'fit' well. Many things come to mind...

What can this all mean for the subject of the Coniunctio? Interesting. :shock:

O.K. - that's it!
Best,
K

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:21 am
Founder

Post Re: a dream of the Seal of Solomon...
Hello Kristin

Thank you for joining our forum. And what a great dream!

First of all I would like to clarify something. In the thread "Intrusion" I have stressed the importance of associations for an objective interpretation of a dream. In other dream threads we did however not follow the association method, but amplified with archetypal, biological, physical, etc. material.

This seems to be a contradiction. Therefore I'd like to clear the matter:

There are two sorts of dreams, personal and archetypal ones. For understanding a personal dream it is -- as least if one would like to interpret the dream according to Carl Jung – important to follow the association process. The latter must be followed in a very, very serious manner. Mostly it is the absolutely most important process. If one associates like this, suddenly, the interpretation emerges out of the "unconscious" (which is however the instance that knows!). Like this one avoids as much as possible a projection of own prejudices and complexes into the dream. The result is an interpretation, which is as objective as possible.

With archetypal dreams there is a great difference. There -- if one would like to work according to Carl Jung's method -- one amplifies. To understand this term it is best just to look what an electrical amplifier does: It amplifies. Thus the amplification phase serves the goal to amplify the meaning of the dream, and the method is more or less the same as with the association process, but one associates with the deepest ideas (archetypal ideas) of mankind. This is admissable as long as one accepts that the collective unconscious has a knowledge of it own. The amplification process is then the attempt to liberate this preconscious knowledge (the latter in the meaning of Carl Jung and not in the meaning of Sigmund Freud).

This process can dure years. For now 33 years I'm doing now more or less nothing else than amplifying the Seal of Solomon. Thus it is of course a great joy for me that Kristin dreams of the Seal at the opening of the UNUS MUNDUS forum.

A last remark: Also archetypal dreams have parts which belong to the indivdual who dreamt the dream. Thus, one should also associate with parts of the dream. This I do however not here, just because some people do not like to present their specific problem in public. In amplifying the dream we try therefore to extract the collective meaning.

It is however very important that we distinguish these two principles, the association and the amplification. As much as I see, Jungians amplify mostly too quickly, and loose like this the personal meaning of the dream ... and of course also the dreamer. In the case of a therapy this is thus very dangerous – and rightly criticized by Freudians, who, by the way, stay much more with the personal problem.

In the next post I will give some ideas to Kristin’s dream.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Quote:
Merkaba
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word Merkaba (etymology Hebrew: מרכבה "chariot", derived from the ancient Hebrew consonantal root r-k-b with general meaning "to ride (an animal, in a chariot)") is used in the Bible (Ezekiel 1:4-26) to refer to the throne-chariot of God, the four-wheeled vehicle driven by four Cherubim, each of which has four wings and four faces (of a man, lion, ox, and eagle). In medieval Judaism, the beginning of the book of Ezekiel was regarded as the most mystical passage in the Bible, and its study was discouraged, except by mature individuals with an extensive grounding in the study of traditional Jewish texts.

In modern esoteric teachings, it is taught that the MerKaBa is an interdimensional vehicle consisting of two equally sized, interlocked tetrahedra of light with a common center, where one tetrahedron points up and the other down. This point symmetric form is called a stella octangula or stellated octahedron which can also be obtained by extending the faces of a regular octahedron until they intersect again.

In his books, researcher and physicist Drunvalo Melchizedek describes this figure as a "Star Tetrahedron", since it can be viewed as a three dimensional Star of David [Seal of Solomon; RFR]. By imagining two superimposed "Star Tetrahedrons" as counterrotating [1], along with specific "prana" breathing techniques, certain eye movements and mudras, it is taught that one can activate a non-visible 'saucer' shaped energy field around the human body that is anchored at the base of the spine. Depending on the height of the person doing the exercise, this field is about 55 feet across. Once activated, this 'saucer' shaped field is capable of carrying ones consciousness directly to higher dimensions.

This qoute of Wikipedia shows that the Seal of Solomon and the Merkaba are connected. Further, there is also the idea of a throne(-chariot), which is of course similar to the "silver chair". Silver is the color of the Hermetic alchemical queen, i.e. the femine principle per se. It is the counterprinciple to the king, the gold.

In Hermetic alchemy the "silver chair" is thus the principle of the queen, in which the dying old king enters for its regeneration and reincarnation.

I think that this is a very good example of the existence of the preconscious knowledge. The "unconscious" knows that the chair = Merkaba and the Seal belong together.

Remo

PS: The pilgrim's image I use in my Synchronicity page belongs also to the wheel of Ezekiel (see above left), which is the symbolical equivalent to the throne-chariot above (the Merkaba) and to the Seal of Solomon:

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Founder

In his books, researcher and physicist Drunvalo Melchizedek describes this figure as a "Star Tetrahedron", since it can be viewed as a three dimensional Star of David [Seal of Solomon; RFR]. By imagining two superimposed "Star Tetrahedrons" as counterrotating [1], along with specific "prana" breathing techniques, certain eye movements and mudras, it is taught that one can activate a non-visible 'saucer' shaped energy field around the human body that is anchored at the base of the spine. Depending on the height of the person doing the exercise, this field is about 55 feet across. Once activated, this 'saucer' shaped field is capable of carrying ones consciousness directly to higher dimensions.

The difference of my interpretation to the "esoteric" is the fact that I assume that this process does not deal with a higher consciousness (in the meaning of the Logos), but with a "higher corporeal state", i.e., with what the (real) esoteric tradition calls the subtle body, the glorified body or the deified body for the afterlife. There are many different methods for coming in contact with this "transformed body", as e.g. my Body-Centered Imagination.

Thus it is very interesting that Kristin's dream talks also of a "body", which should be "activated". This body exists in fact in a world with an "altered dimensional quality", in "higher" dimensions (which are however not thought of to be higher in relation to the spirit, but to the body -- a difference which seems to me very important for us Western people, much too much in the head).

As much as I know the esoteric literature, only in Hermetic alchemy and in Taoism the emphasis is on matter and the body. All the other ones always emphasize the spirit. Only in the former two the body is regarded as a positive "thing" with its own energy, completely different to the energy term of Western physics. It is what I call the feminine energy -- not controllable by masculine laws and therefore hated by Neoplatonic people (who always assume that evil matter must be treated by the good spirit with the help of general laws created by the masculine mind...).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:03 am
Profile WWW

Post how to 'activate' the body?
....a few related ideas following Remo's line of thought....

Yes, the body is the 'location' where the Work is accomplished. It does not occur somewhere else - we do not do the work of individuation on some other level of existence, somewhere where mind/brain alone exists, quite separate from matter. Why else would we be here, in this so-defined 3rd dimensional world, each of us WITH a body attached to our heads, if this were not the case? You can view the model metaphorically or literally, the outcome is the same. It is rational that we must engage the body - in other words 'matter' - to arrive at the proper equation. The body is the force, the Merkaba, and there are many levels of intelligence within the body which have yet to be accepted, let alone acknowledged, by our conventional worldview.

It bears repeating that if the deep work of integration is ultimately successful, then, having reached a different level of consciousness, we can 'touch' any other level of being (other people, creatures, plants, minerals, even other dimensions), with an achieved 'radiance' - the quality of wholeness - while continuing to remain intact in and 'of our Selves'. (We really must have the stone to achieve the radiant effect. There is no other way.) This ability to touch or reach so-called higher or 'other' levels of consciousnes cannot occur if the brain is the only organ that has been accessed to that end. It seems to me that that is not the way for us, that that is rather a way to try to 'lose' ourselves, to 'escape from ourselves' (to escape our ego state, in other words, at least here in N. America...), rather than to 'discover' our Selves. Nevertheless, it becomes quite difficult for most to undestand where the 'sideline' journey leaves off and the true one begins. We seek means of escape from the middle path all the time, and that is the trouble with the idea of utilizing psychotropic drugs, sex etc. to induce trance states and so forth. The drugs might be useful, as Transpersonal psychologists would have it, if the use was carefully monitored, the substances used to that end pure and naturally sourced, and so on, and the result then was to allow people to access the sense that there really IS another level of consciousness beyond this one (which they have heretofore believed to be the 'real' one, the only one). In some cases this result has been achieved and people have gone on to quest forth on their own, usually without needing to use the induced trance state again as 'prop'. This would be the best case scenario, I would imagine. But one look at our world and what is going on in it, the level of addiction and so forth, and we can see that this particular route on the path of individuation is probably not the best choice for most.

In another example of 'escape technologies' posing as possible routes to integration, it strikes me, for instance, that 'trance' states induced through tantric sex practice (as utilized by Westerners, at least) might, in some way, NOT be impacting the 'real body' in the way some people may believe that it is. It is difficult to explain, but somehow I do not think that the body that is said to be engaged during these rites is the same body that Remo speaks of in his discussion. I mean that it may be an imagined 'body' that is being accessed through such rituals, but meanwhile the real body still stands outside of the equation, waiting to be correctly accessed/addressed by other means. This idea has only just occured to me, though I understand that in the ancient east, tantric sex practice was a sacred, venerable ritual of great integrity, wherein the woman and the man met one another in the center on equal ground to practice their yin/yang 'coniunctio'. (The question here might then be: do we in the west really understand what the practice of tantric sex sets out to accomplish? I am sure some do, but that many others do not, and therefore, can we actually use it properly for the desired end result?)

I don't know where this line of thought is leading, except to say that to try to escape does seem to be futile, in the end. When we stay 'with the body' we find, instead, that we come to understand this maxim, and with this understanding arises then some other sensibility, far beyond the drama of the ego bound world. But first, we must face the fact that we cannot have everything all of the time! We want our experience, but we also want to be in complete control of it - we want to be able to induce experiences, have our stimulation, and then just as easily jump out of it again, maintaining our ongoing ego-involvement with the world as we go. This is the unreasonable state the world has arrived at, though within it there are still those who subscribe to another task for a different end.

In regard to the process of integration, Taoist Zen precepts, just as the symbolism of Hermetic alchemy, show(s) us that the whole effort CAN be recognized as 'simple' only AFTER the initial complexity of the issue has been faced and gone through (this includes both the melancholy which comes from initial disengagement, as well as the real suffering that come with the work). Thus there is the Zen 'koan', which is utilized in order to prove this very point! One reads the Tao, but up until a certain time it makes very little sense. Then one day, perception dawns and the veil falls away. This is where the work moves far beyond the (most probably) temporary success of the induced trance-like state. This is the work of the basic uphill climb, where we learn important things, both small and large, along the way, as opposed to a 'synthetic' rush up the mountain, where we briefly embrace a mainly virtual experience, our 'cart placed far forward of our horse', the horse which is our fantastic as yet untapped body (perhaps the cart and horse TOGETHER is the Merkaba, just as it seems in the tarot card "The Chariot", as with Ezekiel's vision...).

Cheers -
Kristin

Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]