UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 am

[ 1 post ] 
Reply to topic
 HOL (=profane) 

Post HOL (=profane)
I felt like opening a new topic, as something that cames out from the 11:11 phenomenon seems Howling Out Loud.
On Nov 12th I talked in this post about the 2 nouns translitterated HUL from Hebrew.

I kept aside the adjective, for I feared it would take me too far.
It reads hol (or 'hol, or chol, but the first letter is the direct ancestor of H) and means "profane".
Well HOL was the original English word for WHOLE, from Greek holos, which gave later HOLY and HEAL (German heilig and heilen). See there :

Quote:
The word "holy" is also derived from the same Greek root--"holos"--and so is "health". In old and middle English whole was spelled hol, and then holle. The W was only added much later, probably for no particular reason. English wouldn't be English if it wasn't quirky.

So HOL is holy in English, and profane in Hebrew.

I had this on my mind on 12th and 13th, thinking about many echoes, and on 13th evening there was this post by Jan talking about 'sacred sexuality' and 'profane sexuality'.
I came to HUL (or HOL as there is only one Hebrew letter for O and U) from my name, SC-HUL-Z, where SCZ are Ogham letters written with 4 strokes, which made me think of sex, or sechs (German 6).

When writing the 2 HOL, in English and Hebrew letters,
HOL חול
it has to be thought that Hebrew is written from right to left, so that gives a mixed palindrom, which I relate particularly to a poem by French (Jew) Edmond Jabès :
L'UN ... NUL (the one ... none)
I see too English possibilities, as
HOL ... LOW (as as seen above hol became whole)
and German
EIN ... NIE (one ... never)

I'll stop for this first exposure with the 6 (sechs) letters on the 6 poles of a Seal of Solomon.
I recall that Salomon/Shlomo comes from shalem, which means complete, whole.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]