UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:41 am

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
 Hermetic system behind Major Arcana of Tarot 

Post Re: the alien
Kristin wrote:
Thus are we not, in fact, ourselves, the very so-called aliens onto whom we project our discomfort and fear, as well as our innate divinity and associative saviour complexes (an insight most recently mentionned by Suzanne, further amplified by Jan) -- certainly not literally, no, but psychophysically speaking?

As Dr. Roth well said above - "Such an ego is in fact "alien," since nobody, and especially scientists as well as psychologists, accepts it and thinks that the Logos ego is the only one", and agree with him completely. And yes, I do know about this 'savior complex' too. I've tried to deny it, but it's simply there - not a blessing or a curse, but a weight of responsibility (useful weight, I must say).

Kristin wrote:
In other words, in the largest sense, we will hope to feel no more this 'alienation' from one another, hence the cosmos, one fine day, and perhaps that day we will not expect a 'saviour' from without anymore, one that either falls from the sky or springs from the beleagured earth body, but only understand that the 'saviour', as in all the myths and stories, is quite simply us, and that the VNS and the subtle body aspect (that 'alien' other at present) can provide for us the very manna or soma we seek, if we would only just reconnect with the Well within (which Evgeniy also just recently stated in her own words in one of her lucid posts).

Kristin (with a thanks to your incredibly thoughtful and authentic post above, Jan, the one entitled "the Dark Feminine" -- that is just perfectly said, spot on ...)

I think the process of 'moving the focus point' is already going on in modern society. I mean the expectation of 'savior' - it's moved from 'Heaven' or any other 'outer world' towards 'inner world' of a man himself. Take a look at modern 'mythos' - from gods and demigods of ancient times we moved to 'superheroes' and then - to ordinary people recovering their 'inner strength' (I'll write a post about it in another thread). So my look on our future is pretty optimistic )

By the way, why 'her' posts? I haven't associated with my feminine part of the psyche that much yet :)

Last edited by Wayfarer on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm
Founder

Post Re: the alien
Evgeniy

Wayfarer wrote:
By the way, why 'her' posts? I haven't associated with my feminine part of the psyche that much yet :)

I think that some people here believe that you are a lady 8) They feel your Eros ego :D

Remo

PS: You can call me Remo here.

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Post he/she
hey Evgeniy,

my apologies -- incredibly you were a person I could not particularly, through your writing style or particulars of sensibility, associate specifically as either 'male' or 'female'. That is a first for me! But it was not your name that kept me from sure recognition (though names help). It was a FEELING I had that was just very peaceable, namely the feeling that there is no particular bias or judgement lurking there, no idea of the 'instant fix', and, just as Remo said above, the strength and flexibility of your 'eros ego' can be very much felt, Evgeniy (don't be surprised!). Thus I related to you as a 'woman' in a way, but in fact not specifically 'that' either, as you can see.

This constitutes for me a magical occurence. In the larger sense, it's a sign that people are capable of authentic wholeness, of profound inner metamorphosis and the 'quantumn leap', culminating in the creation of a truly human BEING (the hermaphroditic paradigm!).

Thanks very much, Evgeniy, for what you are bringing to the banquet table -- let the journey continue!

sincerely,
Kristin

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Post p.s)
That movement from 'gods' to 'demingods', on down to 'superheroes' and from there to ordinary people "recovering their inner strength", which you mention above? Such a template of progression I would like to investigate some more for sure, Evgeniy, whenever you get the chance.

Also, your overlay of the sign for radioactivity with the Seal of Solomon hits a chord with me. Very evocative, something there in that for sure..

best, K

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Post Re: No H for Enoch
Junis wrote:
Hey Chris,

Quote:
His work with the Enochian (no 'H') Calls which culminated in The Vision and the Voice lead to his work with the most modern and urbane goddess, Babalon (Her proper Enochian spelling). She's a real bad girl, and when you call her she cums. Just ask Jack Parsons.

I'm a little wiseacre myself, so I can't resist the temptation: 'Enochian', the term which John Dee coined in reference to the biblical patriarch Enoch, in German is 'Henochäisch'. So, I guess, I flunked my laguage test, he? There goes my Green Card :cry:

Jan

Yeah, I had the feeling it might be some German wordplay.

C

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:08 am
Founder

Post Synchronous Synchronicity = Twin process
Evgeniy & All

Wayfarer wrote:
As I've said before, there is an interesting dichotomy in the word 'sense' - it is a 'meaning' and a 'physical feeling' at the same time.

Perfect! As you know, Carl Jung postulated that we have to find the meaning of a synchronicity to really develop further. In fact, this is the development or the individuation process of the Logos ego. We look at the common symbolic content of the sync, and in the moment when its meaning comes to mind -- what is the process I call the spontaneous (a-causal) inner quantum leap or singular inner radioactive decay in a symbolic language (the result of the twin process) on the psychic level -- the ego is enlarged/broadened. The feeling belonging to such a insight is completely different to the one we reach with logical thinking. I described one of the most important examples of this process of the synchronistic enlargement of the Logos ego in Relationship of Carl Jung’s Depth Psychology to Quantum Physics and to Archetypal Psychosomatics. It was in fact this Kappa synchronicity that showed me that we have to extend the energy term -- physical energy on the one hand and objective psychic energy on the other; what in a neutral language I call outer and inner spirit-psyche -- by the (magic) matter-psyche, the energy of the unus mundus (that seems to correspond to physical negative energy / vacuum energy / cosmological constant / Tesla's free energy / dark energy).

Perhaps two decades ago, I began to dream about so-called "synchronous synchronicities". I looked it up and realized that all this began with a dream from 14.7.84. As I see, I shortly mentioned this type of synchronicity in
Synchronicity versus Material Incarnation in the thread "Dreams of Carl Jung's Reincarnation". I describe this dream in Return of the World Soul and would like to quote it here:

Quote:
“The government of England (or perhaps the Queen of England; I am not sure) decided to do some research on the question whether consciously experienced ‘synchronicities’ could have an influence on the state of the world and on the fate of humankind. The government or the Queen also asked Marie-Louise von Franz to give a statement on this topic. She decided however to send the letter to me to answer.

From somewhere (I do not know where and I also wonder if there was anything about the subject in the letter) I got some details about such ‘synchronicities.’ Of course, when I woke up I forgot most of these details. However, I remember one tiny but important piece of information: the ‘synchronicities’ had to be of the type of ‘synchronous synchronicities,’ i.e., ‘synchronicities,’ in which the inner and the outer phenomena happen exactly simultaneously (and not more or less simultaneously as in common synchronicities).

In the dream such a decisive event that creates a ‘synchronous synchronicity’ is also described: I am the passenger in a car and am reading the work of Carl G. Jung. He describes this sort of ‘synchronicity’ as a bridge between two natural landscapes. They are however separated by exactly this highway where we drive. The piers of the bridge are in place, the bridge, however, is missing (see image 6.10).

Figure 6.10:
Synchronous synchronicity as the missing bridge

In the moment, when I read this passage in Jung’s work, I spontaneously looked up and realized that precisely in this moment we passed exactly this scene in the outside. Further there was a detail which I did not notice in Jung’s description: in the left pier there was a built-in house.

I get further the information from somewhere that the landscapes were once connected by a natural hollow, but were then separated by a ‘cultural effort.’ It is exactly this separation why we are now in need of constructing the bridge of ‘synchronous synchronicity.’ The latter corresponds to the construction of the bridge, which connects the two landscapes again.”

Of course we see that here the motif of the bridge comes in, which was the topic of the thread The Living Bridge

It would lead too far to interpret this dream. Thus, I only say that some years ago I realized that this dream shows in a symbolic way the process I call today the twin process of Body-Centered Imagination and Symptom-Symbol Transformation. It contains some sort of synchronicity on the level of vegetative matter [what in a neutral language I call the (magic) matter-psyche], and the event is synchronous, since the two processes of the transmutation of physical energy into the magic energy of the beyond, and its re-transmutation into physical energy with higher order are synchronous.

In short, I would say that this is the parapsychological and especially psychokinetic extension of Carl Jung’s synchronicity. Or synchronicity on the matter/subtle matter level, which leads to incarnation on the material level (i.e., physical matter/energy with higher order). It seems that the process leads also to reincarnation of specific deceased in the VNS of specific living humans.

Oh, all this is so complicated to explain. Thus, I stop here and try to "collect my thoughts" a little further.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed May 16, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post BCI and Healing The Disease of The World
All

Wayfarer wrote:
Our method was to find and 'refine' this 'sense' from objects, using what I may call 'sensual meditation. It started with a simple Zen exercise: "To understand what a 'speed' is, imagine a sport car, riding fast on a highway. Now remove from this image a car and a highway - what is left is 'speed' itself." Using that as a guidance, we started to meditate upon 'sense' of some objects, processes, even abstract concepts leaving out the outer image and concentrating only on inner 'sense in the belly' that appeared in the process of meditation.

Much food to digest! To me it seems also that you did some sort of BCI. What is new to me is the concentration on other humans and especially on "abstract concepts." In the case of disease I see the connection: First, one concentrates on the symptom, and then "empties" it by transforming it into its "vegetative parallel." Then, because of the "twin process," the "synchronous synchronicity," a re-transformation takes place. The result is physical matter/energy with higher order = recovery of the disease.

One can now apply the whole procedure to the "disease of the world." If one feels that the time is right -- this is the very important aspect, and it corresponds to the kairos, the qualitative moment of time that is described in my dreams as the "hole in physical time" (in my dreams and visions also represented as the vagina of the world soul) -- one enters a BCI: One concentrates on the outer phenomenon that causes a panic, empties the head/CNS and tries to come down into the belly/VNS. Then healing images (or perhaps also vegetative sensations) appear. They could heal the "sick world's body" (and even the universe's) as well as the "sick mind/spirit of today's world."

This would correspond to the fantasies in this forum about

the savior of the world.

I guess that something like this happened in me in 1986 during Chernobyl. In panic I entered a BCI, and then in the outer reality UFOs came down from the heaven and reduced the intensity of the radioactive radiation to one fourth. Without this a thermonuclear explosion had taken place and at least half of Europe had been wiped out.

See The Chernobyl UFO and the subtle body

I know another example of a man, who welcomed some of the most horrible deceased dictators and "butchers" during such vegetative states of the mind. Then they told him that he had redeemed them. In my interpretation this means that the negative karma produced by them in the beyond had been extinguished.

I guess that my dream described in New Creation of the World as the End of the World talks about this application of the "synchronous synchronicity."

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:03 pm
Profile WWW

Post "When will they ever learn?" - about nuclear power
Good Morning, Remo: Last night before going to sleep, I saw an article online and E-mailed its link to myself at 2/19/2010 11:29:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time -- Check out New Nukes? A Three Mile Island 'Survivor' Says Not So Fast.
Quote:
President Obama's move to revive nuclear power, with $8.3 billion in federal loan guarantees for two reactors in Georgia, has special resonance for those of us who experienced the Three Mile Island nuclear scare. In retrospect, the T-shirts that said "I Survived TMI" were overly dramatic. But at the time it didn't seem that way -- which may be why I'm deeply ambivalent about the second coming of nukes.

In March 1979, I was in my 20s, the only woman among five reporters in the cramped Associated Press bureau at the state Capitol in Harrisburg, Pa. And I was a newcomer. I had been there just six weeks when the report came in that state troopers had shut down a reactor in Middletown, about 10 miles down the Susquehanna River.

It was the start of a terrifying few days during which we all learned phrases like "partial core meltdown" and "fuel rods" and "containment building." Some of the first foreign journalists to arrive were from Japan, evoking the spectacularly un-reassuring memory of the A-bomb and rampant radiation sickness. But then, nothing at the time was reassuring. The AP sent in radiation suits and drew up a helicopter evacuation plan. I was to be on the first flight out; the hope was to preserve my ability to bear children.

It never came to that (and a few years later I had two sons). Still, there were surreal and heart-pounding moments that remain vivid today. I remember driving through Middletown in unseasonably warm weather a day or two after the episode began, my car window wide open. Suddenly a radio announcer barked an emergency warning: Bursts of radiation coming from the plant! Close your windows! Stay indoors! I closed the window and tried not to panic.

I remember the Hersheypark Arena evacuation center, teeming with pregnant women, preschool children and out-of-town media. I remember going to see "The China Syndrome," a film about a core meltdown at a nuclear plant, during the TMI siege -- and the gasps throughout the theater when one of the characters said a meltdown could contaminate an area "the size of the state of Pennsylvania."

There was the celebrity-packed 1979 No Nukes concert in Washington. I attended as a private citizen (wearing a Solar Power T-shirt, it can now be told) and saw John Hall of the band Orleans lead an all-star chorus of "Power," an ode to "the warm power of the sun" and a protest of "atomic poison power" (get the full flavor of the moment in this YouTube clip). There was also the modest Harrisburg version of the Gridiron Show, where journalists poke fun at the powerful. We pranksters rewrote Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now to parody then-Gov. Dick Thornburgh's positions on nuclear power.

The more serious aftermath of TMI included lawsuits, cancer scares, years of debate over who should pay for the billion-dollar cleanup, and the dramatic moment when cleanup workers in space suits would enter the containment building for the first time. It was before cell phones and laptops. Reporters skirmished angrily over two available landlines (yes, I was one of them) and one poor guy -- who wasn't at the scene -- sent out a bulletin from his office trumpeting the milestone. Except the door had stuck and no workers got inside that day. Seven years later came Chernobyl, the nuclear meltdown that forced the evacuation of more than 336,000 people and is ultimately expected to kill 4,000.

Given all that, it's not surprising that nuclear power has been on hold in the United States since TMI, with 104 plants supplying about 20 percent of U.S. electricity. But nor is it surprising that it seems poised for a comeback. Last year, Gallup found that 59 percent of the public favored nuclear power. The industry has been far more focused on safety since TMI, both in procedures and design...

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/02/19 ... ?icid=main

Here is the You Tube video mentioned above -- a protest in 1979.

Quote:
More from the article: What about some of the other players from the TMI era? John Hall, the "No Nukes" musician, is now a congressman from upstate New York and he's still fighting nuclear power. W. Wilson Goode, a former Philadelphia mayor who now works with children whose parents are in prison, is another opponent. He was chairman of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission when it had to figure out how much, if anything, utility customers should pay for the accident cleanup.

Goode says his views were shaped by the concerns of people living around the plant and "the almost reckless ways" that the utility management dealt with the accident. "Every nuclear plant we build, we run a risk of a catastrophe at some point ... that cannot be controlled," he told me. "No one has yet convinced me that it is something we can make safe. And the fact is they're easy targets for terrorists."

Thomas Cochran, a senior scientist in the nuclear program at the Natural Resources Defense Council, advised the NRC on the TMI cleanup and a law firm on how to spend $5 million from a successful class action lawsuit (they did cancer studies and installed radiation monitors near TMI). He says federal help to the nuclear industry -- on proliferation, risk insurance, waste disposal and now loan guarantees -- is giving an unwarranted financial edge to huge plants that take 10 years of lead time to plan and build. It's especially galling to Cochran that Obama is selling nuclear power as a way to cut carbon pollution and slow climate change.

"It's not a good idea for the government to go around subsidizing uneconomical technology," Cochran told me. "You're in effect putting your thumb on the scale and penalizing technologies that provide climate relief faster and cheaper and more safely than nuclear power."

To the extent that Obama offered the nuclear loan guarantees to win Republican votes for an energy and climate bill, Cochran added, the move came too early: "From a crass political standpoint, he should have used it as a bargaining chip."

Politics aside, Cochran and Thornburgh -- a Republican -- agree that the great unresolved issue is how to dispose of nuclear waste. It is ironic that Obama demonstrated a renewed commitment to nuclear power in the same month that his budget sounded the death knell for the highly controversial Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository in Nevada.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/02/19 ... ?icid=main

Suzanne

P.S. "When will they ever learn?" - about nuclear power <<<This post title actually refers indirectly to the video that Patrick linked to on over on the Blog where Marlene Dietrich sang a very moving rendition of "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?" -- Long Time Passing -- about the tragedy and futility of our cyclical wars. "When will they ever learn, when - will - they - ever - learn... as Marlene sang it in her older years is very... deeply expressed... FEELING, not just words.

LINK to Patrick's post: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=9574#9574

Last edited by Suzanne on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:49 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Symbol for Radioactivity, Wheel Image and Seal
With the symbol for radioactivity I was always reminded on the one half of Nicholas von Flue's Radbild (wheel image) that demonstrates the lances piercing into the heart (the yellow part of the radioactivity symbol). One can of course also demonstrate the similarity to the Seal.

In fact, artificial radioactivity is created when the "heart" of the atom, the nucleus, is split.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post "The savior of the world" - our inner processes?
Hi All, At 4:22 PM my time in Virginia, I just now changed the name of this post to reflect what Remo had added below at 2:16 PM my time about inner processes being needed to counter the outward destructive activities such as the use of nuclear power. QUOTE: We can stop this only with the help of the inner process I tried to describe above and people here begin to live. IMO, this inner process is the real revolution that "stops the nuke missiles directed to "Jerusalem".END

Next is the start again of this actual post before I made the name change:
Remo Roth wrote:
Re: Symbol for Radioactivity, Wheel Image and Seal

With the symbol for radioactivity I was always reminded on the one half of Nicholas von Flue's Radbild (wheel image) that demonstrates the lances piercing into the heart (the yellow part of the radioactivity symbol). One can of course also demonstrate the similarity to the Seal.

In fact, artificial radioactivity is created when the "heart" of the atom, the nucleus, is split.

Remo

Hmmmm, I would not exactly call this a synchronicity, but it did kind of surprise me just now. I was looking up a reference in an article from 1972 that I posted quite some time ago on the Ann-Suzanne Blog. It was entitled Forces of Death and Life: The Nuclear Crisis, An Article by Sigurd Rascher Autumn, 1972 in The Journal for Anthroposophy.

Remo, in your post above earlier this morning, you said:
Quote:
Much food to digest! To me it seems also that you did some sort of BCI. What is new to me is the concentration on other humans and especially on "abstract concepts." In the case of disease I see the connection: First, one concentrates on the symptom, and then "empties" it by transforming it into its "vegetative parallel." Then, because of the "twin process," the "synchronous synchronicity," a re-transformation takes place. The result is physical matter/energy with higher order = recovery of the disease.

One can now apply the whole procedure to the "disease of the world." If one feels that the time is right -- this is the very important aspect, and it corresponds to the kairos, the qualitative moment of time that is described in my dreams as the "hole in physical time" (in my dreams and visions also represented as the vagina of the world soul) -- one enters a BCI: One concentrates on the outer phenomenon that causes a panic, empties the head/CNS and tries to come down into the belly/VNS. Then healing images (or perhaps also vegetative sensations) appear. They could heal the "sick world's body" (and even the universe's) as well as the "sick mind/spirit of today's world."

This would correspond to the fantasies in this forum about

the savior of the world.

I guess that something like this happened in me in 1986 during Chernobyl. In panic I entered a BCI, and then in the outer reality UFOs came down from the heaven and reduced the intensity of the radioactive radiation to one fourth. Without this a thermonuclear explosion had taken place and at least half of Europe had been wiped out.

See The Chernobyl UFO and the subtle body

I know another example of a man, who welcomed some of the most horrible deceased dictators and "butchers" during such vegetative states of the mind. Then they told him that he had redeemed them. In my interpretation this means that the negative karma produced by them in the beyond had been extinguished.

I guess that my dream described in New Creation of the World as the End of the World talks about this application of the "synchronous synchronicity."

Remo

When I just saw this in the very last two paragraphs in the Forces of Death and Life article, I decided to paste in here only this much rather than the nuclear emphasis itself.
Quote:
... A thinking not limited to an awareness of things and their interplay, however complicated, but one able to grasp and recognize the forces that created them and still are active in them; a thinking that allows us to become aware of these forces in an altogether concrete manner, yet not patterned on the thinking of concepts of a physical nature — yes Nature, because now in our thinking we need to rise above her. This alone will enable us to recognize the “nature” of fission as a death force and give us the moral strength to make the decision not to use it, neither in war nor in peace. Otherwise the spiritual being that gives men the impulse to promote a nuclear development in an electrified civilisation will remain unrecognized.

How important this is was pointed out by Rudolf Steiner when he said that it is one of the secret aspects of the spiritual world, that evil forces can retain their power only as long as we are not conscious of them. The development of consciousness, of the awareness of certain evil spiritual forces can be compared to the daylight, dispelling evil spirits. Rudolf Steiner suggested that we make as strong and as clear an inner picture of these inimical forces as we possibly can so that we learn to recognize them. Then we find that we are also creating a counter-picture of them in our mind, and this acts like the light, forcing them to flee. The power of Light! It gives life to our planet, it warms our hearts, it illuminates our minds! Might it not be that the supreme force in the world also will give us renewed energy, if we but resolve to cooperate with it!

http://wn.rsarchive.org/RelAuthors/Rasc ... index.html

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 pm

My name 'Jan' in the U.S. is a femal name, so all official letters I would receive during my various stays were adressed to a Ms. Jan ... So, you have all my sympathies, Evgeniy :)

Well, it's simply unusual to me. Although I was mistakingly addressed as 'she' when in one community used a nickname 'Jade Wayfarer' (in regard to color only), it's still not common.

Jan wrote:
As to 'Babalon'. I guess, I'm just pretty much done with the 'bad girls' for now. Maybe I needed them to crush my little logos ego for a while, maybe some 'big shots' need em for some intricate twisted 'repentance' business. Maybe they'll resurge back into my life on a different level at some point, and I'll finally get that 'real message', which my chicken fear of the dark has concealed so far?

Well, I suddenly remembered a "Litany Against Fear" from "Dune":

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

My point is - at some point you'll have to go through it's image anyway, but, of course, only when your own 'gut feeling' will tell you to do so. Good luck in advance!

Kristin wrote:
my apologies -- incredibly you were a person I could not particularly, through your writing style or particulars of sensibility, associate specifically as either 'male' or 'female'. That is a first for me! But it was not your name that kept me from sure recognition (though names help). It was a FEELING I had that was just very peaceable, namely the feeling that there is no particular bias or judgement lurking there, no idea of the 'instant fix', and, just as Remo said above, the strength and flexibility of your 'eros ego' can be very much felt, Evgeniy (don't be surprised!). Thus I related to you as a 'woman' in a way, but in fact not specifically 'that' either, as you can see.

No apologies needed - I'll just consider at as a compliment from you and from 'unus mundus' altogether ) I just wonder now - how this particular feeling may change when I'll meet my own Eros Ego a little closer? Time will tell...

Kristin wrote:
That movement from 'gods' to 'demingods', on down to 'superheroes' and from there to ordinary people "recovering their inner strength", which you mention above? Such a template of progression I would like to investigate some more for sure, Evgeniy, whenever you get the chance.

I already started a corresponding thread here, but I'm not particularly happy with it for now - I have a feeling that something is missing there. Oh well, I hope that in time it all will 'come out right'.

Remo wrote:
It was in fact this Kappa synchronicity that showed me that we have to extend the energy term -- physical energy on the one hand and objective psychic energy on the other; what in a neutral language I call outer and inner spirit-psyche -- by the (magic) matter-psyche, the energy of the unus mundus (that seems to correspond to physical negative energy / vacuum energy / cosmological constant / Tesla's free energy / dark energy).

...and this:

Remo wrote:
Thus, I only say that some years ago I realized that this dream shows in a symbolic way the process I call today the twin process of Body-Centered Imagination and Symptom-Symbol Transformation. It contains some sort of synchronicity on the level of vegetative matter [what in a neutral language I call the (magic) matter-psyche], and the event is synchronous, since the two processes of the transmutation of physical energy into the magic energy of the beyond, and its re-transmutation into physical energy with higher order are synchronous.

...made me think about physical muscular tension in the lower part of the belly which appears before some 'induced magical experience' - I mean mostly flight and other 'magical effects' in my dreams, including spontaneous 'teleportation' or pyrokinesis. But it appeared in times of really important and stressful situations in my life too - and, after it's normal/good resolution I've felt absolutely tired, although there was no physical work at that time. So, just like in electrical resonance and other similar processes, we need to 'spend' some of the physical energy of our bodies (in a normal, causal way), to start the process of 'physical-magical-physical' transformation? I'll meditate upon it some more...

Oh, and 'Living Bridge' topic resonates with me greatly too, I'll BCI it as soon as I can.

Now I want to get back to my original visions/interpretation of Tarot Arcana, and I think I'll start another thread on my understanding of 'coniunctio', Seal of Solomon and 'Living Bridge' altogether - there are some very interesting insights coming from my memory right now.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:46 pm
Founder

Post Re: "When will they ever learn?" - about nuclear p
Suzanne

Suzanne wrote:
President Obama's move to revive nuclear power, with $8.3 billion in federal loan guarantees for two reactors in Georgia, has special resonance for those of us who experienced the Three Mile Island nuclear scare. In retrospect, the T-shirts that said "I Survived TMI" were overly dramatic. But at the time it didn't seem that way -- which may be why I'm deeply ambivalent about the second coming of nukes.

In the sixties and seventies we also demonstrated against the nuclear power plants. Today, however, I think that all this extraverted activity is more or less useless. We can stop this only with the help of the inner process I tried to describe above and people here begin to live. IMO, this inner process is the real revolution that "stops the nuke missiles directed to "Jerusalem".

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: "When will they ever learn?" - about nuclear p
Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne

Suzanne wrote:

In the sixties and seventies we also demonstrated against the nuclear power plants. Today, however, I think that all this extraverted activity is more or less useless. We can stop this only with the help of the inner process I tried to describe above and people here begin to live. IMO, this inner process is the real revolution that "stops the nuke missiles directed to "Jerusalem".

Remo

Hi Remo, You must have missed what was said in my later than that one post in this regard:
Quote:
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 am

"The savior of the world" - our inner processes?

Hi All, At 4:22 PM my time in Virginia, I just now changed the name of this post to reflect what Remo had added below at 2:16 PM my time about inner processes being needed to counter the outward destructive activities such as the use of nuclear power. QUOTE: We can stop this only with the help of the inner process I tried to describe above and people here begin to live. IMO, this inner process is the real revolution that "stops the nuke missiles directed to "Jerusalem".END

Quote:
See all of post for the details... This part is what was said back in 1972 in this form:
Forces of Death and Life: The Nuclear Crisis, An Article by Sigurd Rascher Autumn, 1972 in The Journal for Anthroposophy:

How important this is was pointed out by Rudolf Steiner when he said that it is one of the secret aspects of the spiritual world, that evil forces can retain their power only as long as we are not conscious of them. The development of consciousness, of the awareness of certain evil spiritual forces can be compared to the daylight, dispelling evil spirits. Rudolf Steiner suggested that we make as strong and as clear an inner picture of these inimical forces as we possibly can so that we learn to recognize them. Then we find that we are also creating a counter-picture of them in our mind, and this acts like the light, forcing them to flee. The power of Light! It gives life to our planet, it warms our hearts, it illuminates our minds! Might it not be that the supreme force in the world also will give us renewed energy, if we but resolve to cooperate with it!

"The savior of the world" - our inner processes?
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=9736#9736

Suzanne

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:31 pm
Profile Personal album

While it is important to face one's fears and maybe even some collective one's one shouldn't start creating 'artificial fear', or face everything, which one dislikes. I mean, do you drink acqua regia just because you are afraid you might die from it, or butanoic acid because you dislike it's malodor? Not a literal comparision, of course. But you see what I mean.

Of course I didn't mean to artificially amplify your fears and confront them. However, from my experience, if it exists somewhere inside you at some point you'll have to face it anyway - otherwise it will 'incarnate' itself in the 'outer world' and you'll lose the advantage of your own 'field'. I think that 'physical incarnation' of smell of butanoic acid in your apartment was just a warning of such danger.

But that's only my point of view, of course. In my life I've several times faced 'my worst fears' and was forced to integrate them in my 'inner structure' as a 'power source' - otherwise, quite possibly, right now I would be dead/seriously crippled (physically or mentally). So, back to your analogy, I won't drink any poisonous substance, because I'm not afraid of it - and not interested, either ) But if, for some reason, I would feel my own fear of poison at some point - I would try to 'integrate' this fear as soon as possible, for it to not 'incarnate' in my physical reality. It is one of he lessons I've got from Shmakov's book, by the way.

Remo wrote:

Yes, I quite agree with you here. As I can see, not only in my country, but everywhere on the globe 'outer expressions' of protest became just a useless political show. No, for it really to work, there have to be more of 'attuned' people, 'feeling with their guts' that something is really wrong here. That's why I loved recent "Avatar' movie - it resonated widely, not only n minds of people, but in their 'guts' as well. And each of us here can be of a great help to this process. And we'll not just 'dispel evil spirits', no - as I've tried to say to Jan above, we may turn their (sometimes really great) strength to the healing, and not destruction. That's what I'm hoping for, at least.

Now back to my Tarot visions at last...

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Post Empress
This vision was much shorter than previous, but very intense also. It began with a vision of a small beach covered with silvery-gray sand. I knew this image for some time now - it was my 'inner place' for new beginnings, timeless and never changing. The sky there always looked like the sand itself - silvery-gray - but brighter and lighter a bit. Dark and heavy waves were not black like in last vision, but 'leaden' and lifeless. The beach 'stuck in one moment' - nothing ever changed in it, and even the waves on the sea were just 'one and the same wave', endlessly falling on the beach.

Then, at some point a window, or 'portal' opened above the sand. World beyond that portal was scary, but strangely alluring at the same time - dark endless ocean, with stormy clouds above it. Lightnings and twisters were sought everywhere, but overall visibility was strangely good. And from this world young woman stepped on the beach - there was some strange harmony in her movements, and her three steps somehow changed the whole beach. Her own image changed greatly too - from some bright 'heavenly-like' image to pretty ordinary girl in a plain linen dress, with long hair and self-made bracelets on her wrists and feet.

Although she looked quite 'feminine', there was something of a tomboy in her - with her age about 20. Tanned skin and linen bag completed her image of 'hippy girl'. The beach now looked like an ordinary Crimean sand beach, sky turned into plain blue sky and the sea became ordinary sea.

But at the same time she had an aura of 'vitalizing energy' subtly shining around her. She was lightly smiling and really looked like she was enjoying herself greatly. Portal had closed and girl walked down the beach, seemingly looking for other people - now I've sensed their presence, but could not see them anyway. I've tried to follow her, but vision ended abruptly. Trying to get back to that vision later showed the same picture, or the pictures of Crimean-like hills, covered with green grass and various flowers.

This vision made me really happy, energetic and 'light-hearted' for the week I've meditated about it. But still, I was interested in the 'world beyond portal', and tried to look in it for some time. I haven't got far in it, because 'it was not time yet', but that's another story.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:04 pm
Founder

Post Panic as the power source
Evgeniy, All,

Wayfarer wrote:
Of course I didn't mean to artificially amplify your fears and confront them. However, from my experience, if it exists somewhere inside you at some point you'll have to face it anyway - otherwise it will 'incarnate' itself in the 'outer world' and you'll lose the advantage of your own 'field'. I think that 'physical incarnation' of smell of butanoic acid in your apartment was just a warning of such danger.

But that's only my point of view, of course. In my life I've several times faced 'my worst fears' and was forced to integrate them in my 'inner structure' as a 'power source' - otherwise, quite possibly, right now I would be dead/seriously crippled (physically or mentally). So, back to your analogy, I won't drink any poisonous substance, because I'm not afraid of it - and not interested, either ) But if, for some reason, I would feel my own fear of poison at some point - I would try to 'integrate' this fear as soon as possible, for it to not 'incarnate' in my physical reality. It is one of he lessons I've got from Shmakov's book, by the way.

When I developed BCI/SST (since 1988) I first did it for the cure of physical disease. Then, I realized that it is also a useful tool for psychic troubles. My dreams told me that the most potent application of BCI/SST is fear, dread and especially panic. Today, I see that the treatment of panic with the help of this tool is some sort of a symbolic straitjacket: one consciously dresses oneself with it, cannot thus run away into extraversion, and this way transforms panic into something very positive, into a "power source" as Evgeniy correctly expresses this transformation. It seems that such a "power source" can -- because of the existence of psychophysical nonlocality between the inner and the outer world -- also change the outer world: evil forces are transmutated into good ones. As for example during the catastrophe of Chernobyl.

I am so happy that there are other people who have this fruitful experience; and I hope that more and more people learn to deal with panic in this way.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The ferryman on the Styx is angry with mankind
Just in this moment I am dealing with a dream from Jan 16, 1999 that talks about this subject:

In this dream I hear a voice telling me: „There are events, which happen simultaneously in the inner and in the outer world."

This insight is not only intellectual, but completely "erfüllend", i.e., "filling." It "fills" my mind, but especially my body, as well as the surrounding with a completely new quality. The best analogy to all this is an experience of Carl Jung's:

Quote:
At times I feel as if I am spread out over the landscape and inside things, and am myself living in every tree, in the splashing of the waves, in the clouds and the animals that come and go, in the procession of the seasons ... here is space for the spaceless kingdom of the world's and the psyche's hinterland.[MDR, p. 252]

It is the experience that Hermetic alchemy called the multiplicatio, the multiplication of the lapis into the whole universe, or the alchemical gold gilding the whole surrounding. It is exactly this multiplicatio of the so-called red tincture on the background of psychophysical nonlocality that Wolfgang Pauli paralleled with radioactive radiation (see section 5.4.6 of Return, quoted below).

In Hermitic alchemical terms this is the union of the (Eros) ego with the unus mundus (in my terminology, with the Eros Self).

The dream continues as follows:

The multiplicatio of the red tincture, or the psychophysically nonlocal „spreading out“ (as I call it today) of such events is symbolized by a ferryman with his ferry. Of course I immediately associated Charon on the Styx of Greek mythology, the Styx being the river between the world of the here and now and the world of the beyond, of the deceased.

In the dream the ferryman is himself „the inner-outer world,“ the intermediate world between our world and the beyond. He was incredibly furious that humans of today cannot believe that this world of the synchronous intermediate world exists.

In waking up I realized – perhaps it is again a voice that tells me this – that what we call UFOs are the contents of this inner-outer world – of the unus mundus

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Radioactivity and the multiplicatio of the red tincture
Quote:
5.4.6 Radioactivity and the multiplicatio of the red tincture

As we have seen in section 2.2, Pauli’s reaction to his Fludd/flood synchronicity at the foundation ceremony of the C. G. Jung Institute in 1948 was the composition of a paper he called “Background Physics” (“Hintergrunds-physik”). He postulated there a “neutral language,” which should describe the supposed common background of physics and depth psychology in neutral terms. As he writes in letter [37P] , he would like to add “radioactivity” to this list of neutral terms.

The reason for such a strange addition is that in 1935 he began to dream about such physical expressions. The stranger or magician, Pauli’s inner guru, used them however in a very different way than what he was familiar with in physics. We have further seen that these unpublished dreams bring physical expressions, (especially the radioactive nucleus), together with parapsychology, with magic, with sexuality and the Eros principle, and eventually with past and future history.

After a period of resistance against this “abuse” of physical terminology he described later in his “Background Physics” , Pauli began to understand that there must exist a deeper world, beyond the split between physics and depth psychology, he called the psychophysical reality, in which these expressions have an extended, a physical-symbolic meaning.

Further, during his preoccupation with Robert Fludd and alchemy, he had seen that in this Medieval counter-current to the official Christianity an intermediate sphere had been postulated (some sort of subtle body) – of course on a much more archaic level – that we can describe with the term psychophysical reality (or unus mundus).

This is the reason why Pauli compares (in 1949) the radioactivity of quantum physics with the alchemical red tincture describing a subtle matter “multiplied” into the whole universe out of one or a few sources, the lapis. In letter [37P] he writes :

Quote:
“With regard to the example in question - that of ‘radioactivity’ - what strikes me first from the psychological angle is that a far-reaching parallel exists with what the alchemists referred to as the ‘production of the red tincture’.” [Emphasis mine]

Of course, as Pauli also stresses in a letter [47P] from December 12th, 1950, the radioactive nucleus is another source of multiplicatio as is the red tincture, insofar as “the radioactive rays generally produce new radioactive centers where they encounter matter.”

The physicist talks of a “far-reaching parallel“ between the extraction of the red tincture and the radioactive decay, which means that he was really astonished about the phenomenological parallelism between the alchemical and the modern physical term. On the other hand he knew that the red tincture and the infans solaris radiated from the lapis, defined in an intermediate world between matter and spirit, i.e., in the psychophysical reality or unus mundus. Thus, Pauli’s phenomenological comparison of the red tincture with radioactivity is a hint that he began to anticipate the radioactive decay on a deeper, psychophysical level.

As we know, in contrast to the alchemical red tincture, the physical radioactive multiplicatio has a destructive transformation effect on the matter in its neighborhood . This destructiveness distinguishes the modern invention in a decisive way from the alchemical red tincture. Here the question arises whether with the artificial liberation of radioactivity, we do not play the dangerous game of the sorcerer’s apprentice who cannot stop the destructive effects of his deeds on the psychophysical level?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Post Emperor
I'm currently trying to 'put together' some of my experiences considering dealing with personal/collective 'demons', and it requires a completely different thread, so for now I'll just post here more of my Major Arcana visions.

This one is Emperor - and it was one of the most pleasant and comfortable experiences in this series. It started with a vision of a tavern - or the Tavern, to be precise. It was the place for all the heroes and adventurers from all ages and realms to come together and talk about their heroic accomplishments, plan future adventures, discuss local news and politics and so on. So, as strange as it seemed, the Tavern was really a 'center of the world', where all really important decisions were made, and historic events were 'conceived'. Also there was an atmosphere of spiritual kinship of some sort - more like 'comradeship' than 'brotherhood'. Anyway, it was a really good place, but with pretty simple and ordinary interior.

I just sat there at one of the tables and observed insides of the Tavern, when I've noticed that Tavern-keeper, who stood at the bar, nodded me slightly - but all other visitors seemed unaware of my 'presence'. At this moment I understood that owner of this place, Tavern-keeper was the Emperor himself. He was tall and sturdy built - really big man with long golden hair and beard, reminding me of a lion's mane. He looked calm and peaceful, with kind and slightly ironic look of his eyes, but I knew that he was aware of every detail of everything happening in the Tavern, and he even had the power to 'balance the events' in the moment of their birth, so that world would continue to turn around this Tavern and would not take any dangerous 'tilts'.

His dress was really plain and simple - linen cloth and leather vest, belt and shoes. Only two details were 'standing out' - shiny golden square buckle of his belt (there were four strange symbols, but I couldn't take a closer look) and massive golden key attached to this belt (on the right side). In all, this Emperor resembled the Taoist 'perfect ruler' - now I would say that he was in 'wu wei' all of the time. And his Tavern stood in the center of everything you can imagine - every hero visited it before and after his adventure, it accepted visitors from any age or 'world', and time spent in it was active and passive rest at the same time, 'introverted' and 'extroverted' evenly. Without this Tavern the whole realm would just fall apart - it felt like absolute truth back there. That's why there were never any fights, even between 'mortal enemies'.

So, this vision revealed me much about the nature of true power and authority - a good lesson up to this day.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm
Founder

Post Re: Empress
Evgeniy,

Wayfarer wrote:
But at the same time she had an aura of 'vitalizing energy' subtly shining around her. She was lightly smiling and really looked like she was enjoying herself greatly. Portal had closed and girl walked down the beach, seemingly looking for other people - now I've sensed their presence, but could not see them anyway. I've tried to follow her, but vision ended abruptly. Trying to get back to that vision later showed the same picture, or the pictures of Crimean-like hills, covered with green grass and various flowers.

This vision made me really happy, energetic and 'light-hearted' for the week I've meditated about it. But still, I was interested in the 'world beyond portal', and tried to look in it for some time. I haven't got far in it, because 'it was not time yet', but that's another story.

I think that this is the experience of the "energy of the world soul," of what I call the (magical) matter-psyche, the "energy of the beyond" entering "our world." It is the experience of what I call the "singular inner quantum leap," the moment in which one realizes the constructive and healing aspect of the transformation of matter-psyche into spirit-psyche (i.e., physical energy as well as psychic energy) with higher order. It seems that this transformation or even transmutation is possible since the "other world" is psychophysically nonlocally connected to "our world." It is also the experience of the (modern) mystic.

I am so happy that you had this experience before you had read about my theory and BCI, since like this it is an independent confirmation of it.

To "vitalizing energy" see also http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#2098

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post "A window, or 'portal' opened"
The experience of entering the beyond by a window or portal, and its connection to Eros consciousness (and UFO encounter and NDE) I describe in the following part of section 6.12.3.4 of Return of the World Soul:

Quote:
The reader can surely imagine that phenomena like UFO encounter are experienced as somehow otherworldly. This is the reason why in many cases they cause real conversion experiences, which themselves lead into the different UFO cults, especially of the contacters. The destructive aspect of such a spontaneous change in the spirit-psyche of the witnesses is the well known UFO sect’s phenomenon. The members believe to be chosen by a new godhead, and thus fall into a big inflation, a megalomania. Further, since their consciousness is so extremely extraverted, they think that they have to tell the world their new “truth.”

We know further that UFO encounter can also spontaneously heal disease, or on the contrary let the witnesses become sick. Thus, it is also possible that the experiencer realizes inner acausal phenomena on the level of his own body. This would correspond to a re-psychification of his body, which is, as we will see below, equivalent to the transformation of bodily matter into the vegetative or subtle body that happens in SST/BCI, in the latter however not unconsciously, but consciously.

I am conscious about the fact that I present here the scientific reader an almost unbelievable theory. Thus, they may perhaps shake their head because of the above interpretation of UFO encounter. I would however like to remind them again of Carl Jung’s hypothesis concerning a second consciousness connected to the VNS in his synchronicity article already quoted above . There he also presents a case of deep coma of a patient after a very difficult birth . In this state she had a near death experience. In it she first was lifted up to the ceiling, where she saw herself lying in the bed, deadly pale, with closed eyes. Further, she saw the doctor pacing up and down the room excitedly, as if he had lost his head. Her mother and her husband were frightened and thought that she will die. She, however, knew that she will come back again. Further, she experienced something that I would like to quote literally :

Quote:
“All this time she knew that behind her was a glorious, park-like landscape shining in the brightest colors, and in particular an emerald green meadow with short grass , which sloped gently upwards beyond a wrought-iron gate leading into the park. It was spring, and little gay flowers such as she had never seen before were scattered about in the grass. The whole demesne sparkled in the sunlight, and all the colors were of an indescribable splendour. The sloping meadow was flanked on both sides by dark green trees. It gave her the impression of a clearing in the forest, never yet trodden by the foot of man. ‘I knew that this was the entrance to another world, and that if I turned round to gaze at the picture directly, I should feel tempted to go in at the gate, and thus step out of life.’ She did not actually see this landscape, as her back was turned to it, but she knew it was there. She felt there was nothing to stop her from entering in through the gate. She only knew that she would turn back to her body and would not die. That was why she found the agitation of the doctor and the distress of her relatives stupid and out of place.”

After she had awoken from her coma, about fifteen hours later , “she made a remark to the nurse about the incompetent and ‘hysteric’ behaviour of the doctor during her coma” and “she described in full detail what had happened.” Thus, “the nurse [was] obliged to admit that the patient had perceived the events exactly as they happened in reality.”

In this vegetative state of near death experience Carl Jung’s patient experienced however also the “other reality,” the Beyond, the unus mundus. Actually she observed exactly at the border between the concrete outer life and the inner world, which corresponds in its deepest aspect to the Beyond. Further, she did not perceive these worlds with her physical eyes, but with an “inner eye.” We can therefore conclude that it is the inner eye, the observational organ of the belly brain psychophysically nonlocally connected to the outer world, which has the ability to realize inner-outer phenomena.

Jung describes a further example, in which extra sensory perception (ESP) went even much further. He writes :

Quote:
“During a state of collapse the patient noted the splitting off of an integral consciousness from his bodily consciousness, the latter gradually resolving itself into its organ components. The other consciousness possessed verifiable ESP.” [especially telepathy and precognition; RFR]

Then he presents the above quoted idea that

Quote:
“These experiences seem to show that in swoon states, where by all human standards there is every guarantee that conscious activity and sense perception are suspended, consciousness, reproducible ideas, acts of judgement, and perceptions can still continue to exist.”

Further he concludes that there seems to be

Quote:
“A shift in the localization of consciousness, a sort of separation from the body, or from the cerebral cortex or cerebrum which is conjectured to be the seat of conscious phenomena.”

And he postulates that this other consciousness has its seat in the VNS. Extrasensory perception is, however, only possible since the VNS has the ability of inner-outer, psychophysically nonlocal perception. In Carl Jung’s as well as in the case of UFO encounter we have the same nexus. Jung’s example shows like this that the observation mode experienced in UFO phenomena is possible.

The Sufis say: "Die before you die!"

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Fenestra aeternitatis & singular quantum leap
Evgeniy, All,

I hope you don't mind that I insert here parts of Return of the World Soul. You needn't read them, if you have the task to remain in the Eros ego, and thus all this is too intellectual. To me it is important to interweave these parts with the phenomena Evgeniy experienced independently of my theory.

In the next section I describe MLvF's approach to the so-called fenestra aeternitatis, the window into eternity, in her book Number and Time. I show further, why she, as well as Jung and Pauli, did not see the solution: they were not yet able to theoretically realize what I call the matter-psyche, the magic energy of the unus mundus and of the beyond, and the singular quantum leap, though all the three experienced such otherworldly phenomena.

Quote:
6.12.3.3 Marie-Louise von Franz’ anticipation of the fenestra aeternitatis
and the solution of the problem of physical incarnation out of the unus mundus

In her book Number and Time Marie-Louise von Franz shows that the idea of energy precedes the conception of time, as empirically proven by Jean Piaget’s research with children. This is the reason why archetypal personifications of time in mythology and history were gods representing energy. She brings the examples of the Hindu gods Krishna and Shiva and their representations of Maha-Kala, great time and Kala-Rudra, all-consuming time, as the energy of the universe. The name of the goddess Kali is derived from Kala, which is etymologically connected to kairos.

In ancient Iran it was Zurvan, who himself split into Ormuzd and Ahriman. In Mithraism Ahriman became the (evil) god of linear time, Zurvan akarana, however, the eternal reality behind clock time. Further, in Mithraism there was Aion , eternal time as a world creating principle, in contrast to the Greek god Chronos, linear time. For our concern a further amplification is very important: in the Gnosis of the Corpus hermeticum, the predecessor of Hermetic alchemy, the Demiurge created the universe and time as both Chronos and as becoming, Genesis. The Mayas, finally, believed that the god of the ninth world imprinted the vulture “cuch” on his back, representing an eon of 3.600 years.

Marie-Louise von Franz concludes that behind the personification of time there exists “the archetypal image of a god in his world-creating energy” and interprets the latter as the objective psychic energy in the meaning of Carl Jung. In my terminology we would call this principle inner spirit-psyche. In contrast to this interpretation, (bearing in mind the bipolarity of the energy term) I call this principle matter-psyche, the energy of the unus mundus, symbolically represented by the anima mundi.

In some of the above examples the god of time is split into two, into a personification of eternal time, the time of psychophysical reality, and the representation of the chronological time of our world. If we combine these two different times with the idea of the singular acausal quantum leap out of the unus mundus (the singular radioactive decay on a psychophysical level), we obtain the idea of the singular acausal incarnation act observable by the “radioactive ego,” the Eros ego.

Marie-Louise von Franz was attracted by the bipolarity of the divine time representations and came very close to the above idea. She showed that ancient Chinese culture realized the union of eternal and chronological time with the so-called fire clock (see figure 6.12):

Figure 6.12:
Chinese Fire Clock

Quote:
“This type of clock was constructed by spreading a combustible powder over a labyrinth and igniting it at one end, so that its burning head crept slowly forward like a fuse. Time was marked off according to the progress of the fire. The labyrinths were usually mandala-shaped (see illustration). Such clocks depicted the pattern of a relatively closed system.”

Then she mentions that by the gap in the rim – marked as an I – this time mandala was open to human contact, and continues:

Quote:
“Practically speaking, this 'hole' in the mandala of the fire clock signifies the spot at which man relates himself to time, and at which he … can exert an influence on time … Time has a ‘hole’ at this spot, where it begins and ends. This hole in the time-space continuum figures as an archetypal motif in other contexts. The fenestra aeternitatis (‘window into eternity’) plays an important role in Western alchemy. In the Middle Ages the Virgin Mary was extolled as the ‘window of enlightenment’ or ‘window of escape’ (from the world), and in alchemy these attributes were transferred to the philosophers' stone.”

Marie-Louise von Franz shows further that Paracelsus’ pupil, Gerardus Dorneus, was also fascinated with a similar idea, the spiraculum aeternitatis, the airhole into eternity, and continues:

Quote:
“[Dorneus] recommended a kind of alchemistic exercise in meditation, in which the instinctual aspect of the body was first to be subdued, by separating soul and spirit from it. Then soul and spirit were to be fused into a unio mentalis in order to be reunited subsequently with the purified body [consisting in the so-called unio corporalis; RFR].”

In all that has been shared at this point the reader can imagine that I do not agree with Carl Jung’s and Marie-Louise von Franz’ interpretation of the philosophers’ stone as the goal of the unio mentalis, the Neoplatonic goal of the opus and the first phase of Dorneus, corresponding to Jung’s quaternity in the Heavens . The philosophers’ stone, the lapis (which stresses the material aspect of the goal and does not belong to the Christian Heaven) is symbolically equivalent to the Seal of Solomon and the philosophical gold with its ability of gilding the surroundings or the whole universe. The lapis, the Seal and the gold all represent the first goal of the second phase of the alchemical opus, the unio corporalis or coniunctio. Translated into modern terms we can say that these symbols correspond to the bipolarity of the energy term, the necessary background for the twin process, i.e. the transformation of spirit-psyche into matter-psyche and vice versa.

In the first phase, the Neoplatonic unio mentalis, such a double transformation is however not included. This part of alchemy corresponds to the liberation of the spirit from matter and its ascent to Heaven, the spiritualization of matter and of the instincts – in modern terms: psychoanalysis. In the second phase, however, the spirit-soul, the result of the unio mentalis, has to come down again and re-unify with the body or with matter in general. According to Marie-Louise von Franz this aspect developed by Dorneus is absolutely unique in Medieval alchemy. Dorneus called this second phase the unio corporalis, and as we have seen its modern form is Body-Centered Imagination. Both correspond to coniunctio, to the Holy Wedding of Hermetic alchemy – the main subject of this book. In this second phase not only the spirit-psyche has to come down from the Christian Heavens, but matter also has to transform into matter-psyche and to ascend – though not into the Christian Heaven, as in the dogma of the Assumption. In contrast to the dogma the god and the goddess of equal worth, (spirit-psyche and matter-psyche), meet in the middle, in an intermediary realm, which is neither matter nor spirit, but the excluded third, the tertium non datur. In this subtle realm best symbolized by the bipolar Seal of Solomon, the god and the goddess, the representatives of spirit-psyche and matter-psyche, have sexual intercourse to create the infans solaris, the equivalent to the red tincture and the quintessence. In Paracelsus’ words, the second goal of the unio corporalis is the subtle body. As we remember, Wolfgang Pauli was fascinated with this process also anticipated by Robert Fludd. In Paracelsus’ opus the red tincture, the quintessence, the infans solaris and the subtle body lead to the vita longa, the long life, which is the healing and life essence to cure physical disease on the one hand, and on the other it is the necessary vehicle for the eternal life in the Beyond.

Let us return to Number and Time. To demonstrate the bipolarity of time Marie-Louise von Franz also presents the famous copper engraving The Spiritual Pilgrim discovering another world, in which “the pilgrim leaves ordinary space-time behind and glances through ‘the window of eternity’.” (See figure 6.13)

Figure 6.13:
The spiritual pilgrim discovering another world

In the upper left corner there is a double wheel representing Ezekiel’s vision from the Old Testament . Von Franz reminds us that the double wheel is a so-called double mandala containing eternal and chronological, linear time. Of course we are immediately reminded of my mandala from 1974 [see my avatar], which is made of two times nine sectors of circles; the “Zweierkreise,” the circles of the two, and the “Dreierkreise,” the circles of the three. Some years later I read in Number and Time that in ancient China number two was the beginning of the feminine series of even numbers, and number three was the beginning of the masculine series of odd numbers. Thus, my mandala represents the re-unification of the masculine linear time with the feminine eternal time, as does Ezekiel’s double wheel.

In the continuation of the argument about the specific content of double mandalas Marie-Louise von Franz wonders whether these two different times are somehow “interlocked.” She says that “the manner in which they may contact each other remains obscure.” She cannot answer this crucial question. Let us examine why.

Based on what we saw in the section about the Pauli effect, we can say that eternal time, the unus mundus together with the Beyond, are linked with linear time, the time of our world, exactly by the singular acausal quantum leap in the kairos. The “accidental” time of the coniunctio is not measurable by the will-dominated Logos ego, but is perceived by the “radioactive” ego, the Eros consciousness in the moment of the observation of the “synchronous synchronicity” Thus, if we become conscious of the existence of the Eros ego and enter it by abandoning the Logos ego, the observation of creation and incarnation phenomena out of the unus mundus becomes possible.

We can also see why Carl Jung and Marie-Louise von Franz were not able to solve the enigma of incarnatio, a decisive topic the depth psychologist began to discuss with Wolfgang Pauli in May 1952 . Already in 1911, in his early work Transformationen und Symbole der Libido (Transformations and Symbols of the Libido), Carl Jung defined the objective psychic energy as unipolar, and he never changed his opinion. It is true that together with Pauli he was able to realize the complementarity of physics and depth psychology, however, (as mentioned in a letter to Pauli ), he refused to enter the unio corporalis, the coniunctio of Hermetic alchemy. Thus he also avoided the above defined twin process, in which with the singular acausal quantum leap the unobservable X transforms into matter-psyche, and the latter into spirit-psyche with altered quality. In its core Jung’s theory remained therefore Neoplatonic and causal (the liberation of the spirit out of matter). However with the synchronicity concept Jung approached acausal Hermetics, which created a contradiction between a causal and an acausal theory. Pauli was aware of this contradiction, but could not find the way out. Though both Jung and Pauli experienced strange phenomena proper to this reality (the depth psychologist for example in his visions after his first heart attack , the physicist in the psychokinetic effect named after him), neither of them were able to include the necessary structure and process into a psychophysical theory, the Seal of Solomon, the bipolar energy term and the twin process belonging to it, because of the theoretical limitations of the unipolar energy term.

During these 50 years that passed by since the death of Jung and Pauli, phenomena began to happen in an accelerated manner, that can be understood neither with the help of Neoplatonic science nor with Jung’s depth psychology. I am referring to the UFO phenomenon, which must be explained on a psychophysical level. We will realize that these phenomena cannot be the definite solution of the Hermetic enigma, since the witnesses are not conscious of the possibility of observing with the Eros ego. Since in a physical-symbolic language the latter corresponds to the observation of singular psychophysical radioactive decays by the radioactive consciousness, first we have to return to radioactivity.

The Eros ego, in contrast to the Logos ego is able to observe such incarnation events similar to what all mystical traditions describe as the opening of the ego to infinity, to the Beyond, and to God. Looking back to the above, we can conclude that Wolfgang Pauli in his Odeon Pauli effect unconsciously approached the “hole in the time-space continuum” (M.-L. von Franz), the fenestra aeternitatis. We will see at the end of the book that for a conscious realization of such a union with the unus mundus he had had the task to give up the idea of the spin and the neutrino/antineutrino on the psychophysical level.

Today, I am convinced that MLvF, Jung and Pauli must reincarnate (into the VNS of specific humans; see Reincarnation in a Modern View) to fullfil this task of observing the singular inner quantum leap or the singular inner radioactive decay (in a symbolic language).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:58 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 am

I want to thank you about your posts - I read them very carefully, and they give me some insights into my own visions, sensations and thoughts, but for now I need some time to 'put them all together'. For now I'll say that idea of connection between time, death and incarnation (considering Empress, the 'window to Beyond' and reincarnation of people in VNS) was already present in my visions (Especially Arcana X and XIII, Wheel of Fortune and Death), but I didn't understood them back then. So to say, Death (XIII) is the 'reflection' of Empress (III), and their visions were paired somehow (I'll explain it at the proper time). Now I have much to think and meditate on.

Jan, the Emperor that you have drawn from your deck is a good sign as I can see it. It seems that you 'integrated' some of his energy into yourself, so this card may now appear more often in your readings - it's a common enough thing, as I know. Good luck with it )

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Post The Hierophant
Hi all,

seeing Titian's painting in another thread today reminded me of my Hierophant vision - first one of the 'darker' visions of Major Arcana. By 'darker' I don't mean scarier or more evil - I just mean that there is some 'shadow' in this visions, that just adds depth to the whole picture. But that's just my own thoughts, so for now I'll just describe my vision as it was.

This vision was very 'immersive', and as in some long and clear dreams I already knew some prehistory to it: a great civilization of mechanical beings (some sort of cybernetic hivemind, with 'limited personalities' in it's individual members) reached a top of their evolution, facing unavoidable extinction from entropy at some point. It didn't matter that they had billions or even trillions of years in advance, they still clearly saw that it was their only path. So the great experiment was conducted - to create a being capable of reversing entropy, or solve their problem in some other 'unpredictable way'. To create an unpredictable being using their fully predictable, computable and measurable methods and instruments was not an easy task, so all of their resources were given to their Head Researcher - a being with the most 'fitting' mindset.

So the vision begins just before the final stage of his experiment - creating first really 'alive' creature. Head Researcher stands on a top of a great structure, reminding of Mayan pyramids or ziggurats of Ur. Head Researcher is a tall, cybernetic figure, parts of it shining crystal (not visibly connected in some places), and parts of it - pure colored light. He overlooks a great city - 'capital' of their whole civilization, and there are two big structures standing in front of the ziggurat. On his left hand there is huge holographic sphere, containing 'archives' of their civilization - all their experiences of all times. On the right hand there is a deep shaft, going deep into the ground - main power source, resonantly connected with all power sources of all their planets, space stations and so on. So, plainly speaking, there is absolute Knowledge and absolute Power available to Researcher, and he intends to use them all.

Behind Researcher there is an altar made of simple stone. Above it a dim figure is floating - it has shape of a human body, but there are no details, just some shimmering 'quantum mist'. Researcher knows that his experiment has a good chance of destroying their civilization completely, but he is still intended to do it. He is a first (and very well may be the last) of them, who believed in this 'human' being without complete and clear calculations. So he can't predict outcome of his experiment, but still he is absolutely calm and concentrated on his task - he just don't know how to be somehow different.

Vision always ended just before the final moments of this experiment - when this human figure had to become alive. Also there was some visions of other cybernetic beings trying to stop this experiment, but failing because of some reasons they could not understand. So Researcher thought that it was this 'human being' from the future altering the past to ensure it's own birth, but it still didn't change anything in his resolve.

Although very 'technogenic' in it's nature, reality of this vision was really 'alive', and whole vision just gave me a little 'emotional shock'. Of course, most of the symbols in the vision were 'rooted' in the classic 'Tarot Hierophant' image, and I really loved good science fiction stories as a kid, but in the whole this mix was a surprise for me )

From this vision started my deeper understanding of 'perfect servant' as an archetypal image - which led to very unpleasant discovery of 'Necrophant' in myself, and some more 'neutral' discoveries. Number of Hierophant is V - so he is a first projection of High Priestess. Not an incarnation of 'Mysterious Wisdom', but her first medium and servant. His ambivalence is seen much better (his reflection is Devil, after all), but he still has some 'divine insight', that places him above second projection of High Priestess - Justice.

Well, I think I can get back to the theory when I start to post here translations of Shmakov's book, so I'll get to my evening meditations and sleep for now...

Best of luck to all,
Evgeniy.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next