UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:56 am

[ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
 Nest Shitting... Head For The Hills... 
Founder

Post Re: A Valdez Toxic Effect Reminder
Gregory & All

Gregory Sova wrote:

Quote:
The oil fumes fry brains (gray matter), attack the CNS and the respiratory system.

It seems Remo's message about the need to let the "voice" of the lower chakras be "heard" takes on an ominous tone. Living in harmony with Nature (it also has a soul and is not just so much dead matter to be exploited) like the reverence the Native American’s had for the land looms.

Gregory

Yes, it is one of my oldest anticipations that when we do not consciously realize these archtypal needs and developments they will concretize. Years ago I also thought that the HIV is a concretization of our non-acceptance of the Eros Self/Eros ego fusion.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

Post Russian Submarines and BP Oil Leak
I found this on the BBC website today:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/science_and_ ... 564798.stm

Maybe someone knows whether it would be technically feasible?

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:50 am

Post Russian Submarines
Patrick,

Took a look at the link you posted. No indication of its well head capping abilities.

Perhaps we don't learn anything new if we always are able to solve our problems with more technology.

As I type this in I am "hearing" that song...

What The World Needs Now ... Is lovE, Sweet lovE...

It's that coniunctio lovE "cry" of the pelican Roger writes about.

It's The Return of the World Soul warning coniunctio lovE Remo writes about.

How to get the (head-strong) mules to listen...

Gregory

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:54 am

Quote:
Patrick wrote:

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChxLGnIwCU

A clip from Walt Disney's 'Fantasia' (1940). Says a lot about modern technology and its abuses, including the BP Oil Spill. Unfortunately there is no wizard to put it right again.

I certainly don't think that technlogical fixes are any sort of solution to an attitude that can only see the natural world as an object to be exploited. And this attitude is so deeply ingrained within us that probably only catastrophic events will change anything (I know that I have a thoughtless technocrat in my own psyche, who might perhaps learn new habits, but not easily). The Russian spokesman gives no details as to how the well could be capped, although he claims that it is possible. That would presumably be a topic for exploration.
http://freepressinternational.com/2010/ ... -oil-leak/

I seem to have picked up a thread of thought online suggesting that the responsible authorities are not entirely trustworthy.

Roger's book is available in English translation on Amazon UK:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CRY-P%C3%A9LICA ... 791&sr=8-1

I am sure that you are right about the nature of any real solution.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Post Clarification
Patrick,

I did wonder if you were hoping for a technology fix to help ease mankind out of this particular situation. This would only help the criminal elite banksters, politicians, news media, religions, corporations… who have highjacked the evolving of the planet and the authority of the Gods.

I guess at some level we all wish for the "flow" to stop. But these days I wish it would stop in a way that the World Soul would like to see our over populated ravaging of the planet STOP by uniting those lower and upper Egypt crown states of the masculine and feminine principles it would seem - that coniunctio melting together of the minds STATE. Like this something really new and conscious changing may come out of that longer suffering - that fastest horse to wholeness Jung recommends. It is a dark hope - but as you know there is light in the darkness.

Where in the HELL is that Avatar Maker Moby-Dick?

Moby-Dick; I Will Destroy You
The antidote is to enter the other center of knowing, the belly brain =’s depend on your folly (dimmed mind), the 2nd chakra.

Quote:
The soul depends on your folly, not your wisdom. Red Book, p. 264.

Quote:
Folly - A lack of good sense, understanding, or foresight.

It’s the following of the Pink Panther Peter Seller’s lucky, acausal bungling mindset approach that disposes one to be a fool and like this know no-thing in one's approach to the Dark Lord - that kind of bended knee. Well, my long struggling experience of entering into the depths speaks.

Quote:
The Whiteness of the Whale
Whiteness is described (in Melville’s Moby Dick) as symbolizing the impersonal, infinite, eternal undefined vastness that lies behind the personal, particular, concrete, and ordinary phenomena of everyday life. It is the original undifferentiated whole before it has been refracted – dismembered as it were – into its particular component parts. It is the infinite and impersonal that has never been subjected to the personalizing process, that is, the process which incarnates the eternal forms in personal, particular manifestations and images. If the (white) spirit remains completely disembodied with no personal, temporal, material expression or imagery, it becomes a blinding horror, wholly transcendent, that provides no personal, particular, immanent aspect by which to relate to it.

When an archetype has not been adequately personalized or mediated in one’s outer life experience, this defect can sometimes be remedied by a process of inner mediation through the imagination. The refraction process which breaks up infinite whiteness into particular manifestations (GJS: colors) to which the ego is capable of relating can be promoted by the image-making powers of the imagination.
Melville’s Moby-Dick, An American Nekyia, Edinger, pp. 81, 84.

Quote:
The descent into the unconscious is always dangerous. It can be visualized as being devoured by the whale-dragon, as going down into a dark cave or into the castle of the evil magician. We go there to get something. As a rule, it is a valuable treasure or a marvelous precious stone. Or it is a virgin who must be saved. In each case, this is about bringing up an archetypal value. At frist, this is done in a certain degree of unconsciousness. We do not know exactly what we caught fishing in the depths. Subsequently, however, we again come up into the world of light, and there the brought-up content mixes with the conscious contents. It is compared with them, or it can be realized – undoubtedly as acme, a climax. Or there follows a frightening insight into a certain situation, or also a positive insight. And then there follows the lysis, leading us back to the point from which we started. At the beginning there is a conscious problem with which somebody is burdened. He then slips into the unconscious background, comes into the instinctual life, and brings up an archetypal form that enriches him.

We find a way out, because the archetype is that form of the process that makes the eternal melody of all life possible; it blends melodically into a solution, into another form, with no consideration for the life or death of the individual. When somebody reaches the archetype in a dream, he has, so to speak, found the treasure, the key with which the closed door can then be opened, or a magic with which the dangerous situation can be exorcized. C.G. Jung, Children’s Dreams, pp. 162-163

Gregory

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Post The Hostile Brothers
Jan,

The long road to the second stage of the coniunctio, the unio corporalis was preceded by the necessary psychological sequence that the first stage, the unio mentalis lead the way. Thus has the great, destructive, unresolved, archetypal drama been playing out on the stage of human history. Thus is man in a terrible predicament for he is caught between “the Alchemical Stone” and a hard place.

In this regard I share the following snippets from the third chapter of Edinger’s commentary on Moby-Dick – a worthy read. Something Ed pulled together while working to become a Jungian analyst as I recall.

As you note in one of your posts above this conflict between the Logos and Eros STATES has a historical record of its struggles. This is why there will be no peace in Israel or Palestine… - at least not the way the world leader’s and the common folk approach the problem for they are apparently clueless about its deeper root. Historically it has been characterized as the problem of the hostile brothers as the following Jacob-Esau quote illustrates – a lead-in to the beginning of the larger quote from Moby-Dick which fleshes out the scale of the difficulty. Perhaps like this we catch a glimpse of the challenge that faces humanity in our time as a larger worldview tries to come into consciousness. I hope there are miracles forthcoming…

Quote:
When the boys grew up, Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the field, but Jacob was a peaceful man, living in tents. (Genesis 25:27). Genesis 25 records the birth of two boys to Isaac and Rebecca. From the very beginning, God said that their descendants would become two nations. From the start, it seemed as they were struggling against one another in fierce competition.

Esau's descendants did develop into the nation of Edom (Islam connection), while Jacob's, who's name was later changed to Israel (Christianity connection), became the nation of Israel. The conflict between the brothers continued into adulthood, and ultimately, the nations that came from them were often at war with one another through the centuries (Numbers 20:14-21; 2 Samuel 8:13-14; 2 Kings 8:20-22).

Quote:
ISHMAEL, THE ALIENATED ONE

Moby-Dick BEGINS with the striking sentence, “Call me Ishmael,” setting the theme of all that follows. We are immediately confronted with the Biblical figure of the rejected outcast, the alienated man.

At the beginning of Judaic mythical history stands the figure of Abraham, the progenitor of the Jews. Like Adam before him, Abraham had two sons – Isaac, the legitimate, accepted one, and Ishmael, the illegitimate, the rejected one. In the sixteenth chapter of Genesis, the angel of the Lord speaks to Hagar, saying,

Quote:
Behold, you are with child, and shall bear a son; you shall call his name Ishmael [literally, “God hears”]; because the Lord has given heed to your affliction. He shall be a wild ass of a man, his hand against every man and every man’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.

Following Isaac’s birth, Ishmael and his mother, Hagar, were cast into the wilderness to die. God preserved Ishmael, who, according to tradition, fathered the Muslim peoples. Thus, at the very outset, the seed of Abraham was split into two streams, into a pair of opposites. To Isaac and Judeo-Christianity, Ishmael is the adversary, the opposing alternative which must be rejected and repressed. But to himself, Ishmael is the rejected orphan who through no fault of his own has been cruelly cast out and condemned to wander beyond the pale. Ishmael is, therefore, the prototype of the alienated man, the outsider who feels he has no place in the nature of things.

Melville’s other writings show that he was preoccupied throughout his life with the figure of Ishmael, the orphan, the child who was bitterly hurt. In Mardi he writes, “sailors are mostly foundlings and castaways and carry all their kith and kin in their arms and their legs,” and in Redburn, “at last I found myself a sort of Ishmael in the ship, without a single friend or companion.” In Pierre, after a shocking experience the hero

Quote:
felt that deep in him lurked a divine unidentifiableness, that owned no earthly kith or kin. Yet was this feeling entirely lonesome, and orphan-like. Fain, then, for one moment, would he have recalled the thousand sweet illusions of Life, … so that once more he might not feel himself driven out an infant Ishmael into the desert, with no maternal Hagar to accompany and comfort him.

In Redburn, the young man, parting from his mother as he goes off to sea, thinks,

Quote:
Perhaps she thought me an erring and a willful boy, and perhaps I was, but if I was, it had been a hardhearted world and hard times that had made me so. I had learned to think much and bitterly before my time… Cold, bitter cold as December, and bleak as its blasts, seemed the world then to me; there is no misanthrope like a boy disappointed; and such was I, with the warm soul of me flogged out by adversity.”

Melville’s Ishmael mood lasted all his life. In old age, he underscored these lines in a poem by James Thompson:

Quote:
Pondering a dolorous series of defeats
And black disasters from life’s opening day

Melville had what might be called an “Ishmael complex.” As with every major complex, it had two sources: personal life experience and identification with an archetypal image. Probably, the major personal cause was the insanity and death of his father and the family’s subsequent hardships – most likely experienced unconsciously as a personal rejection by the father.. Melville was twelve and a half years old at the time, a striking similarity to the Biblical Ishmael, who was replaced by Isaac at the age of thirteen. In addition, he was rejected by his mother, for favored her first son. From the archetypal standpoint, Melville was in the grip of a figure in the collective psyche. Isaac and Ishmael are only one of many pairs of hostile brothers, one of whom is accepted by God, the other rejected. Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, and even Christ and Satan represent the same theme. The opposing brothers embody opposite existential states, acceptance and rejection. As I developed in Ego and Archetype, acceptance and rejection are properly alternating phases in the developmental process. They must be experienced cyclically if one is to reach full maturity. To become identified with only one of these opposites leads to an arrested development. As Esther Harding has pointed out in an unpublished paper, it is the fate of the accepted son to be a sacrificial victim, while it is the fate of the rejected son to be banished to the wilderness. Thus, the one-sided experience of acceptance can be as damaging as rejection.

There area suggestions that the relationship between Melville and his older brother, Gansevoort, was molded by the archetype of the hostile brothers. Herman (Her-man) was the rejected one, Gansevoort the mother’s favorite. We have already noted Melville’s poem beginning,

Quote:
I made the junior feel his place,
Subserve the senior, love him too.

Gansevoort’s life followed a course strangely reciprocal to Herman’s. In their youth Gansevoort was the conventionally successful one, opening a law office and later becoming prominent in politics. Herman, on the contrary, was lost and aimless, finally going to sea on a whaler. In 1844, Gansevoort campaigned vigorously for James Polk as president. When Polk was elected, Gansevoort was awarded a post at the American legation in London. Meanwhile, Herman was discovering his own calling as a writer, Typee was published in 1846, and that same year, Gansevoort, after helping Herman find a publisher in London, died of an obscure illness at the age of thirty. It seems that Herman’s success was Gansevoort’s failure. At least, the course of events is compatible with the theory that Herman and Gansevoort where mutually identified with the archetypal pattern of the opposite brothers: as one waxes, the other must wane.

If Melville was personally identified with the figure of Ishmael, what he wrote out of that identification has a more than personal meaning. In our Judeo-Christian culture, Ishmael represents the opposite attitude. To speak as Ishmael means to speak from a position outside the orthodox and conventional. It means the antithesis of collective, conscious values. Ishmael is an anti-Isaac and, by extension, an anti-Christ. Hence, the introduction of his name in the novel’s first sentence prepares for the Luciferian contents that follow.

Most of the action is seen through the eyes of Ishmael, the narrator of the tale. He will thus represent the author’s ego, the operative conscious attitude, an alienated attitude determined largely by Melville’s experiences of rejection. His novel speaks so deeply to us today because this state of alienated meaninglessness is so prevalent in twentieth-century man. In the story of Ishmael’s voyage we recognize dimly the state of our own souls.

If there is any doubt that the name Ishmael symbolizes a state of alienation and despair, this doubt cannot survive a reading of the first paragraph:

Quote:
Call me Ishmael. Some years ago – never mind how long precisely – having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen, and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before the coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos gut such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off – then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. IF they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.

This mood of a “damp, drizzly November in the soul” is the psychological starting point of the whole drama. It is a state of depression, emptiness, and alienation from life values. Meaning is gone, and without meaning life is intolerable – hence the thoughts of suicide. Today, this state of mind commonly leads a person into psychotherapy. When old values and one’s habitual life orientation have been lost, when libido has drained off into the unconscious, an oppressive state of sterility and hopelessness sets in. Odysseus’ mood before his Nekyia is characteristic:

Quote:
…my spirit was broken within me and I wept as I sat on the bed, nor hand my heart any longer desire to live and behold the light of the sun.

Since the descent into the unconscious involves a reversal of the usual flow of psychic energy, its initiation requires an urgent psychic need. The opening paragraph of Moby-Dick strikes the same note, as do almost all the classic examples of the Nekyia.

Here is Job’s description:

Quote:
Let the day perish wherein I was born.
And the night which said
“A man-child is conceived.”

Why did I not die at birth,
Come forth from the womb and expire?
Why did the knees receive me?
Or why the breasts that I should suck?
For then I should have lain down
And been quiet:
I should have slept. Job: 3

Moby-Dick could be called the American Faust. Ishmael and Ahab are primordial images that lie deep in the American soul. This makes the study of Moby-Dick, for an American particularly, much more than an intellectual exercise.

These mythological and literary analogies demonstrate that Melville was writing out of the universal, archetypal theme of the night sea journey, or descent to the underworld. The theme has no national or racial boundaries. It is found everywhere because if refers to an innate, necessary psychic movement which must take place sooner or later when the conscious ego has exhausted the resources and energies of a given life attitude. To find the new attitude and new energies to rejuvenate the sterile, empty conscious state, a descent to the unconscious must be made to contact what Goethe calls “infinite nature” whose breasts are the wellsprings of life. While Melville’s theme is thus a universal, basically human one, the imagery, the specific content which embodies and gives it concrete realization, is typically American. Moby-Dick is the first major product of the American imagination to give authentic expression to the mythological depths of the collective American psyche.

The theme of alienation may also have a particular relevance for the American mind because all Americans are immigrants, or recent descendents of immigrants. The experience of being uprooted from a mother country and transplanted to an alien wilderness is in the psychic heritage of all of us. Most American genealogies go back to dissidents, malcontents, and enslaved. Americans have always fancied that the future was theirs, but the lack of a past is a perennial source of cultural inferiority feelings (which we compensate by technological arrogance). Ishmael and his obverse, Ahab, could well symbolize a major complex in the collective American psyche.

The sea is an image of the collective unconscious, the infinite mother nature out of which all life comes. Depending on the conscious attitude with which it is approached, it can be the source of treasures and new life, or it can be the womb of nonbeing that swallows up the weak, regressive ego. Whenever the activated unconscious is being faced, the conscious attitude is of crucial importance. An earnest, responsible attitude is imperative, for to approach the activated unconscious with a passive, escapist intent can be courting psychic suicide. It is the difference between diving into water purposefully or falling into it backward. In light of this distinction, the first paragraph of Moby-Dick strikes an ominous note; it clearly shows an element of regressive escapism in Ishmael’s taking to sea. Furthermore, the whole tone of the narrative in this opening paragraph is lacking in earnest and serious intent. There is a flippant, half-humorous approach to a matter of the utmost gravity. This careless, almost jocular attitude is sometimes seen in patients beginning psychotherapy. It is a defense against a profound fear of the unconscious and generally indicates a weakness of the ego. The opening sentences tell us that Ishmael’s night sea journey is going to be an unusually perilous one.

Gregory

P.S. Here is a little background on Edinger - Ed’s Obituary; d. 17 July 1998. I am so grateful for the fruit that falls from his opus because it made Jung's writings far more accessible.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:01 am

Post This Thing of Darkness
Gregory, Jan,

There has been a high profile story running in the UK media for some time. Basically, an embittered man by the name of Raoul Moat left prison after serving a short sentence for assault, and shot his ex-partner and the mother of his child (she survived), and her new partner (he didn't). He then shot and injured an unarmed policeman, having now declared a vendetta against the police. Moat was hunted down by the police, and the ending seemed inevitable - surrounded by armed police marksmen, he shot and killed himself.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/10588869.stm

This was a man consumed by rage, although his use of steroids may have been a factor in his violent mood swings. According to one report, his last words were "I haven't got a father", and "Nobody loves me". Whether this is true or not, it certainly has a symbolic resonance.

I am a rather passive person - I avoid conflict, and tend to back down in confrontations. This then simmers away under the surface, and will occasionally explode over some incident. But recently, whilst following this story unfolding, I seemed to feel a surge of black rage, almost seeping up from the earth. Fury and resentment against those who had had deceived, neglected or rejected me. I don't mean to suggest that I have been particularly badly treated in my life, only that there is a part of me that feeds on such feelings.

Is this the Shadow, in the Jungian sense? I don't suppose labels really matter, but I suspect that I must come to terms with him. As Prospero said of Caliban in 'The Tempest',

'This Thing of Darkness I Acknowledge Mine'

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:34 am

Post 137 years
So this topic 959 sees the return of 137 :
959 = 137 x 7 (July ?)

About Moby Dick there is an American professor, Viola Sachs, who teaches in France and who wrote a book about a structure of the novel involving Dürer's magic square, of 16 numbers summing 136, with a constant of 34 for each row or column :
"Moby Dick or The Whale, by Herman Melville" has 34 letters;
The novel has 135 chapters + 1 epilogue = 136.
Actually there is a kind of prologue with 2 sections, so one could point as well to numbers 137 or 138.

I do not remember if she mentioned Ishmael's 137 years.
Actually there are two others biblical figures that lived 137 years, Levi whose sons will form the holy tribe of priests, and his grandson Amram, Moses's father.

All this echoes with my previous post on UFO..., where a study with Bible Code led me to number 136, which was first supposed to be the (reversal) value of Fine Structure constant.
I found the pattern 4-1 in Jung's life on Sep 8, 2008, which was the first day of pataphysical year 136. Now we are still in year 137, and I received the same day as my birthday booklet the last 137 issue of the pataphysical periodical review, with an article about the Fine Structure constant, by a well-known French physicist who is also a pataph.

Midrashic sources (post biblical) give the lifespans of the 12 sons of Jacob, while only Levi and Joseph are precised in the Bible. This was used for a Bible Code test, showing good odds, but IMO it doesn't prove anything, as we don't know how many unsuccessful trials were made besides this, and anyhow it could prove anything only to people trusting Midrashic sources, i.e. people who don't need to be proved anything.
The Bible Code results before computer time are far more astonishing.

Writing this makes me aware of the difference of 17 years between Amram (137) and his son Moses (120), who wasn't allowed to see the promised land because he didn't trust God's word. Jung was "given" another 17 years, maybe the one that were taken to Moses ?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:20 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Post The ‘Bright’ Shadow
Hi Patrick,

Quote:
I am a rather passive person - I avoid conflict, and tend to back down in confrontations. This then simmers away under the surface, and will occasionally explode over some incident. But recently, whilst following this story unfolding, I seemed to feel a surge of black rage, almost seeping up from the earth. Fury and resentment against those who had deceived, neglected or rejected me. I don't mean to suggest that I have been particularly badly treated in my life, only that there is a part of me that feeds on such feelings.

Is this the Shadow, in the Jungian sense? I don't suppose labels really matter, but I suspect that I must come to terms with him. As Prospero said of Caliban in 'The Tempest',

'This Thing of Darkness I Acknowledge Mine'

I hear you about being naturally rather passive – your first two sentences pretty much describes how I lived the first 40 years of my life. Eventually I had to get in touch with my anger which in Jungian terms would be what became my growing shadow. In standard psycho-babble I eventually found out my behavior label was passive-aggressive. So, whenever I came to that fork in the psychic road I rarely chose to deal with a situation by taking the aggressive posture and let out some anger. But as you know eventually wholeness comes calling and that is about being crucified between the opposites. It got messy when I slowly started trying to find my way into spontaneously expressing my anger but I soon found out one can always go back and clean up later. In Jungian terms this would be a part of your “bright” shadow for if it is redeemed it is like pure gold. One finds their power again in a new way.

When the black rage rises one technique is to write letters you do not mail to freely help take the lid off the backlog. Then watch your dreams or images as they arise when you meditate and process those at a later time. For myself I eventually sought help via Jungian analysis (it is a luxury only a few can afford) as the whole thing came due and I wound up too depressed and too ignorant about psychology to try to handle it on my own. I needed to learn the basics from someone who knew about such things.

Quote:
I seemed to feel a surge of black rage, almost seeping up from the earth. Fury and resentment against those who had deceived, neglected or rejected me.

This comment also fits with how I would imagine the WS feels about how Her creation treats Her. Thus your "complex" is a divine complex heavily charged in our time and it wants to be redeemed. Like this you become a part of the divine drama that seems to want to unfold in our time and thus directly linked to the subject of this thread as the earth heaves oil in the Gulf.

Gregory

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Post This Thing of Darkness
Thanks for comments, Jan and Gregory.

I have started to pour my rage into a fantasy story. Up to about 2000 words so far, so a long way to go before it becomes anything like a novel. But one's inner actors do seem to come alive and develop if you let go. It is their story, not mine.

Best,

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited by Patrick Booker on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Post Agent Orange Witch's Brew Arriveth
All,

Looks like some evidence for Agent Orange effects on American soil. Not a good sign in my opinion. No more Flordia oranges?

Toxic Rain In Miami From Gulf Oil Leak, Plants & Trees Dying

Quote:
BP and the EPA are lying to us!! They have created a toxic Witch's brew in the Gulf and it is evaporating into the rain clouds now. Check out this video proof of damage to flora in Miami after what should have been three days of nourishing rains. If you substitute 'Mafia' or 'Mob' for 'BP', it will help you understand better who you are dealing with, lying criminals who worship only money and power.

Video – Palm Trees Look rather convincing

Gregory

P.S. It is more likely that BP ='s Black Pig ='s dark feminine principle weighs in. Head for the Hills...

The Nigredo begins,

Oh-oh, Fire-Water Fries Moby-Dick

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Post Further Delays Capping Well
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10616596

Again?

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:32 am

Post Brothers
Gregory has spoken of the hostile brothers, who compete for their father's blessing. Perhaps related, there is another pair, represented by Castor and Pollux, and by Gilgamash and Enkidu. I know that Gilgamesh and Enkidu are not brothers, but Enkidu's death drove Gilgamesh to seek for the secret of immortality. The issue is life and death, as with the Greek twins. One immortal and one mortal, and on Castor's death, Pollux asked that they share their immortality.

Here are pairs who love one another rather than contesting their birthright. But there is still a problem with 'twoness'. The oscillation that is somehow incomplete when viewed through the lens of Logos thinking, but perhaps completed when a third is involved?

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 am

Post Nest Shitting Galore
All,

The following seems to confirm our worst fears!

Could The Gulg Oil Spill Trigger A Cataclysmic Methane Bubble?

Quote:
A huge ragged gash on the ocean floor hundreds of feet long has been reported by the NOAA research ship, Thomas Jefferson. Before the curtain of the government enforced news blackout again descended abruptly, scientists aboard the ship voiced their concerns that the widening rift may go down miles into the earth.

That gash too is hemorrhaging oil and methane. It’s 10 miles away from the BP epicenter. Other, new fissures, have been spotted as far as 30 miles distant.

Measurements of the multiple oil plumes now appearing miles from the wellhead indicate that as much as a total of 124,000 barrels of oil are erupting into the Gulf waters daily-that’s about 5,208,000 gallons of oil per day.

Northwestern University's Gregory Ryskin, a bio-chemical engineer, has a methane extinction theory: The oceans periodically produce massive eruptions of explosive methane gas. He has documented the scientific evidence that such an event was directly responsible for the mass extinctions that occurred 55 million years ago, when masive combustible clouds produced by methane gas trapped under the seas and explosively released could have killed off the majority of marine life, land animals, and plants at the end of the Permian era—long before the dinosaurs arrived.

If the methane bubble—a bubble that could be as big as 20 miles wide—erupts with titanic force from the seabed into the Gulf, reports Helium.com, "every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will immediately sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists participating in the salvage operation will die instantly. An ocean bottom collapse would follow, instantaneously displacing up to a trillion cubic feet of water or more and creating a towering supersonic tsunami annihilating everything along the coast and well inland. Like a thermonuclear blast, a high pressure atmospheric wave could precede the tidal wave flattening everything in its path before the water arrives."

Is knowledge of the potential methane threat why the U.S. gov't and BP is trying prevent with the reporting blackout?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 pm

We are all being lied to - of that I am sure. This video is interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guKQkzuX ... re=related

And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijAWJ0bhOI

All we get in UK media is BP version. Yet another delay - apparently US government has doubts about BP planned tests. They can't sit on it for ever.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:49 pm

I watched this series of videos by Matt Simmons earlier. I found it chilling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHyIn43iXo

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Post Playing Chicken
All,

I just read the following -why do they choose to play chicken with this dangerous situation?

BP – Feds Clash Over Reopening Capped Well – Evidence For Seep Has Appeared

Quote:
A seep and possible methane were found near the busted oil well. The official spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity Sunday because an announcement about the next steps had not been made yet.

The concern all along - since pressure readings on the cap weren't as high as expected - was a leak elsewhere in the wellbore, meaning the cap may have to be reopened to prevent the environmental disaster from becoming even worse and harder to fix.

The official, who would not clarify what is seeping near the well, also said BP is not complying with the government's demand for more monitoring.

BP Holding The Gulf Hostage To Hide Acutal Flow Rate

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 am

I have just looked at your links, Gregory. In my last post, I gave a link to a video presenting the views of Matthew Simmons, an independent oil consultant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHyIn43iXo

There is also an earlier series af videos, and an article:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHyIn43 ... re=related
http://freepressonline.com/main.asp?Sec ... cleID=7615

Basically, his view is that BP have lied consistantly about the real situation, that the well they are now capping is not the main source of the problem, and that the US adminstration eventually discovered the real situation but preferred not to disagree in public. It was evident early on that Obama was showing a great deal more caution than BP regarding the success of the new measures. I think that we need a bit longer to assess the situation, and I very much hope that Simmons is totally wrong.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:31 am

It looks like the BBC have picked up on the latest developments now:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10679973

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:32 am

Post Flagging The World With...
Patrick,

Thanks for the links.

Don't know why they keep playing games with this well. Must be a concern about even the bottom kill working. In any event the $2+ Trillion dollar a year economy in this region is taking a serious hit. BP's token $20 Billion claims fund is chump change.

Matthew Simmons I have been following as well. Strange, but I can never find any hard evidence for his claims, like the NOAA data about the seafloor blowout miles from the rig. Given the past behavior of the criminal elite, like on the UFO coverup, I guess we can only expect the BS to continue regarding this USO/UEO on the seafloor.

Gregory

If It Smells Like BS - Then It Is Most Likely BS

P.S. Further link,

http://www.opednews.com/articles/PRESSU ... 8-468.html

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks for new link.

Quote:
From website of Daily Telegraph, 19th July 2010:

"When seeps are detected, you are directed to marshal resources, quickly investigate, and report findings to the government in no more than four hours.

"I direct you to provide me a written procedure for opening the choke valve as quickly as possible without damaging the well should hydrocarbon seepage near the well head be confirmed," Mr Allen said on Sunday in a letter to BP Managing Director Bob Dudley.

This doesn't strike me as the way you normally talk to someone that you trust.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Post Danger Signs
The Well’s Corked, But Public and Government are Left in the Dark

Quote:
It would not be surprising if pressure from below the stoppered and damaged Deepwater Horizon well were forcing gas up out of the ground two miles away. “The rock layers in the two and a half miles below the sea floor have what are called growth faults,” he explains, “and if you activate these faults through drilling operations and the gas starts pushing up through them, from over two miles below the surface, it only has to move upward at a 45-degree angle to come out two miles away.”

Pipe Within Pipe Betrays Wellbore Integrity

Quote:
The gushing BP oil well is a mystery still unfolding, and late last month, a team of scientists from the Energy Department discovered a new twist: Their sophisticated imaging equipment detected not one but two drill pipes, side by side, inside the wreckage of the well's blowout preventer on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

BP officials said it was impossible. The Deepwater Horizon rig, which drilled the well, used a single pipe, connected in segments, to bore 13,000 feet below the ocean floor. But when workers cut into the wreckage to install a containment cap this month, sure enough, they found two pipes.

Gregory

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 pm
Site Admin

http://www.opednews.com/articles/BP-NUCLEAR-OPTION-Spells-M-by-Dr-Tom-Termotto-100724-467.html

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:25 pm
Profile Personal album

Post matria potestas
This makes me feel deeply sad.

We have been addicted to the Clock, which has to do with control and with gain only. Precise and complete control is apparently humankinds' most fetishistic dream. Meanwhile, the Ocean presents us with a litmus test, that of our success or failure as stewards of the Earth.

For some time now I've considered logos and causality to be analogous with the quality of a Clock, eros and acausality as instead synonymous with the quality of an Ocean. The Clock is thus a false god/dess. We indeed worship 'craven idols', as our 'clock' is only the tiniest fragment floating in the OCEAN of 'no-time', that Great Sea of Everywhere/Nowhere.

We have failed at this great test. We have destroyed the 'trust' of the earthbody.

I leave my body/soul open for guidance and do not succomb to despair.

Kristin

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Post quartz
Hi,

this is purely instinctual. Kristin's post 'prompted' me to look at this... I am more interested in what is written metaphysically than of the stone itself in this quote, I honestly don't know how much 'power' I would place as being in a stone.

The vibratory aspect of quartz is curious to me though, could it's global presence be feeding us with a vibration that grates us? Sleep in the dark, wake in the light, etc... but does this mean that we all have to have the accuracy of a clock in our day-to-day lives? Time is money and all that...

I wonder what subtle effect quartz has on the human body and mind, en mass - as a result of 'time / quartz, etc'. It also produces a rhythm that is easy to see. *Focault's Pendulum just popped in mind - don't know why.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_clock

*by what is written in this quote, it would seem natural that 'man' is headed for an awakening of sorts. I wouldn't normally talk about 'awakening', but I let that go for now.

Thanks,
pascal

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:38 am

Post synchronicity?
Pascal, a strange thing happened -- right before logging on and reading your post tonight, I arbitrarily placed 2 quartz crystals on the corners of my laptop. I wanted to see how they would look sitting there. Secondarily I wondered if they might actually help by protecting me from EMF"s and such emitted by the computer. Interesting. You've been prescient before when posting on the forum, and it seems you're onto something once again tonight!

I do btw feel that minerals and rocks are energetic allies for us here on earth. I have been the recipient of their powers of both clearing and energizing many times. They are very subtle, their power comes from the eros realm I feel. Some are yang, some yin in resonance. When conscientiously cared for, when respected, they are powerful indeed, but only on their terms. They are symbiotic with us though when they 'sense' we are in sync with the elemental kingdom, I feel.

I am prompted by your post to say that despite the horrible disaster happening in the Gulf (furthermore, the Atlantic Ocean too, soon), I do however feel there is some kind of 'awakening' at hand.

with best wishes,
Kristin

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next