UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 am

[ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Reply to topic
 Dreams and Synchronicities of the Other Genesis 
Founder

Post Dreams and Synchronicities of the Other Genesis
With Jan's post

Call Me Ismael -- #137 as Avatar Maker?
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ght=#10530

I was reminded of an age-old dream of January 17, 1982:

Quote:
Dream and Synchronicity of the other Genesis:

Abraham, after having fathered his son Isaak, did not have sexual intercourse anymore with Sarah. In her deep sexual misery Sarah asked her servant to make sex with her. The servant was a Nubian, an Ethiopian. This way, Sarah's second son was conceived and born.

This second son, Ismael, is the ancestor of a new race (lineage?). This is the lineage of the Arabs, the far-outers, castaways, outcasts, pariahs. [These last terms were explicitely mentioned in the dream.]

When I had this dream in which the ancestry (parentage?) of Ismael was changed -- in contrast to the story in the Old Testament he is the son of Sarah and her servant, and not of Abraham and the maid -- I did not at all know anything of the history of ancestry of the Arabs. Then, synchronistically, by accident I found a book (Marius Baar, Abendland am Scheideweg; "Occident at the crossroads" !!!) in which I read the real story.

I will amplify this dream in this thread, since it anticipates my whole life after 1982.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Renouncing the Diploma of the Jung Institute
In March 1982 I decided to renounce the diploma of the Zurich C.G. Jung Institute because of ethical and scientific reasons. This decision was supported by a dream, in which a voice told me to do so!

Later I realized that Wolfgang Pauli had exactly the same reproach to this institute; see http://psychovision.ch/synw/jungneoplat ... ep1.htm#31

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Dream and Synchronicity of the Other Genesis
Remo Roth wrote:
With Jan's post

Call Me Ismael -- #137 as Avatar Maker?
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ght=#10530

I was reminded of an age-old dream of January 17, 1982................

.....................I will amplify this dream in this thread, since it anticipates my whole life after 1982.

Remo[i]

Hi Remo, I was reading Remi's post while you were posting. When I saw that you were referring to a dream in 1982, I realized that today my 1982 dream-vision notebook showed up again while sorting through stuff and moving boxes around in my "office" which really acts mostly as a storage area. I did not have to search for it, which I would have had to do yesterday, and could go right to it and bring it out here to my computer area in my living room. I figured I would look up January 17, 1982. No such luck. The first half of the year wound up partly type written and is elsewhere... to show up whenever it happens to do so. Then it occurred to me to just go ahead and look at what is available from May and June of that year. I found myself in the midst of pages that mention the man I was dating at the time. Considering you had just posted about a history of the Arabs theme... it may indeed be somewhat of a synchronicity that he went a couple of years later to live in an Arab country for some years. Well, it is 3:13 AM my time now, so I need to get to sleep. Suzanne

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post The Ethiopian as Conscious Suffering
The Ethiopian is a main figure in Jung's Mysterium Coniunctionis. See http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... _p1k_e.htm .

The depth psychologist's interpretation of the beheading of the Ethiopian as the development of the thinking function is one of my main criticisms on MC. I show in the above section of Holy Wedding that by this Jung regressed into a completely Neoplatonic world view, and this way suppressed the very deep Hermetic aspect shown in his dreams and visions -- and last not least in his love life.

Thus, I conclude:

Quote:
In my estimation of Carl Jung’s work the above conclusions are the absolutely decisive ones. In them the depth psychologist replaces the “great suffering and grief” by thinking and extraverted sensation and regresses like this back into the unio mentalis, i.e., Active Imagination. This is the reason why he cannot advance to the unio corporalis, in which thinking is consciously suppressed for the purpose of the conscious suffering. In fact, what he proposes is a repression of the (inferior) feeling function – exactly the contrary he demands for the creation of the wholeness of the quaternarian consciousness.

On the contrary, in my opinion, in exactly this moment, the thinking type – and in fact any type – is not allowed to “sublimate” the suffering and to repress the negative feelings by transforming them with the help of Active Imagination into a cognition. No “creation by cognition”[5] is announced here, but a “creation by observation,”[6] in which the imaginating consciousness just observes in a state of the Wu Wei, the active passiveness, what happens in its inside and in the body.

The reader may decide for themselves what to think – or better feel – about my above statement. It is a conclusion that comes from the background of my own and also from the experiences with my patients. Therefore, I for my part am convinced that the depth psychologist’s interpretation of the monocolus as the thinking function to be developed is inadmissible. In this moment of the transition from the unio mentalis to the unio corporalis the further development of the conscious spirit-psyche, and thus Carl Jung’s interpretation of the monocolus, the “uniped” is out of place. The ithyphallic Osiris and the dying king of Hermetic alchemy, the vegetative god of the underworld belonging to the sol niger, the obscured Logos principle we have much more to compare with Purusha, the Hindu god of creation – living in the heart of the humans – , dismembered for the goal of a new creation. It is the Anthropos or the world soul who initiates by their suffering a vegetative creation and incarnation process not based on the spirit-psychic background and producing new ideas, but on the intermediate realm of the matter-psyche, of the world soul in the macrocosmic and the body soul in the microcosmic case. By such a co-suffering of the introverted consciousness with the dying god, with Osiris or Purusha, and also with the dying nature of today, an introverted creation by observation – compensatory to the creation by cognition of depth psychology as well as of science – is possible, which could perhaps compensate the threatening danger of the total destruction of nature and of mankind in the anticipated apocalypse of the near future.

Today, I realize that the incredible cold and heartlessness I always felt in the Zurich C.G. Jung Institute has its very root in this development in Jung himself. This is why we need a complement to his theory based on his "personal equation," i.e. thinking as his main function. I realized further, especially in my ms Holy Wedding, how this complement could look for me personally. And as the reactions on this ms show, it seems also to be true for some other people -- the "Arabs," who because of their typology (introverted feeling/intuition) are outcasts and pariahs in our Western world.

Further, I guess that a development of a complement to Jung's theory could also show the archetypal conflict between the Christian and the Islamic world. Perhaps this insight could be the first step to a cure and healing of this deep split in our world.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:26 am
Profile WWW

Post Abraham's wives & sons and the four types
Recently I received email from an Israeli Jew who wrote because of an article I wrote about the bombing of the NY Trade centers as temple destruction as a gateway to our age – the age of Aquarius – and compared it to the destruction of Temple Mount at the beginning of the age of Pisces. There is an important movement in Israel today to cut off relationship with the United States as this will destroy Israel. The journey to the United States is the journey of Golem and the image of Golem persists in American quaternity pop culture. This picture for example of the Fantantic Four by a NY artist shows golem in the mid-20th century: His name in this Quaternity (father, son, trickster, psyche) is Ben (“son” in Hebrew).

My Israeli friend and the others I spoke to and wrote about are part of this movement. I agree with them. When you try to practice your old European religion in the U.S. it becomes a shadow. I believe I am their only supporter in the U.S. and I am not Jewish. We talked about the “two wives” of Abraham and subsequently the two sons, Isaac and Ismael. I suggested to my Israeli friend that the two sons of Abraham could be considered Rome and Constantinople and the four personality types could be seen there as Europe rising. Constantinople feeling/intuition (Orthodoxy 1 AD to 500 AD) and Islam (500 AD to 1100 AD when Constantinople became Muslim – the Hagia Sophia has been both an Orthodox church and a Muslim temple). Tolstoy said that if you walk South from Russia it becomes Islam by degree. The music illustrates this as well. Rome the extravert, thinking and sensing, Catholic (1000 – 1500 AD) and Protestant (England and the U.S. in particular rising to power, 1500 AD to 2001 AD). The distinction should be made that Protestantism rose exclusively out of Catholicism and was Rome's "second face." Likewise, as Tolstoy said, Islam bears a closer relationship to Orthodoxy.

This way all time in the west can be seen as rising out of Temple Mount. For “the return” to be successful Temple Mount should be seen as a four external-cornered mandala – Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Islam - but with an exclusive Abrahamic center. Time spirals outward from Temple Mount. Time spirals inward from Temple Mount. Temple Mount is the benign Brahma moment between outward time and inward time.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Post Christian/Islam split
The contention between Orthodox and Catholic goes back even further than the Christian/Islam split and was amplified outward to U.S. vs. U.S.S.R. But yielded to Christian/Islam split full blown in 1979. Ethnic irish Catholics in Boston had conflict with the outside Protestant world which dominated then changed the Catholic world. I made the case that we did not leave the church, the church left us. As Joseph Campbell pointed out Vatican II removed the cohesion over centuries when they removed Latin from the Mass. Also, the priest turned from the people to God the other way around, representing God to the people at the Sacrifice of Mass - it was authoritarian and made no connection and made no sense as a symbolic sacrifice. But the biggest error in my opinion was in picking a Polish (or German - the next will be Quebocois) pope. As in "Lost" they let the essense out of the bottle and globalized the Catholic Church. That was in 1978. The next year Islam globalized with Ayatoleh Komeini - the Twins had gone global. I think it is not possible to put the genie back in the bottle because no one in Rome any longer understands these things.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post Catolic/Orthodox and Christian/Islam splits
It is interesting that when the Christian/Islam split awakened in 1979 with the Ayatolah Komeni in Iran and continues till today with the U.S., the U.S. vs. U.S.S.R. split, an extention of East/West, Catholic/Orthodox split at least from the Council of Trent, dissolved within ten years.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Inner Healing > Outer Healing
Bernie,

thank you for these amplifications. I am convinced that we can only heal this split in ourselves. If this healing is deep enough, because of what I call the psychophysical nonlocality of the unus mundus also the split in the world could be healed.

This idea is analogous to one Carl Jung wrote about in a letter from 1929 and to the so-called tikkun in Isaak Luria's Cabala. I mentioned these two quotes many times in other threads. They are so decisive that I repeat them here. The former:

Quote:
“So far as I can grasp the nature of the collective unconscious, it seems to me like an omnipresent continuum, an unextended Everywhere. That is to say, when something happens here at point A which touches upon or affects the collective unconscious, it has happened everywhere.“ [Letters, Volume 2, p. 155]

I would write „unus mundus“ instead of „collective unconscious“, since the former contains the matter-psyche, Jung’s c.u. however not.

And re Luria's tikkun in the same letter:

Quote:
“Here the thought emerges for the first time that man must help God to repair the damage wrought by the Creation. For the first time man’s cosmic responsibility is acknowledged.” [Letters, Volume 2, p. 155]

I would like to stress that Jung realized the problem, because of his Neoplatonic prejudice was however not yet able to solve it.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Dream of Pan Ku
Already six days before the above dream, on January 11, 1982, I had the following deeply archetypal dream:

Quote:
Dream of Pan Ku:
I am in China. There I find an age-old huge grave. People have begun with archeological excavations. Under a canvas I discover something huge in this grave. I pull it away and see the body of a huge man. Immediately I realize that this is PAN KU.

To me, the most important part of his body is the region of his hip! I measure it and this way I can calculate his height. He must be ten times as tall as a human, 17 to 20 meters.

Already in the dream I am reminded of Platon's world's body. [Today I know that meant was the world soul, the anima mundi. Since I was too much on the side of the soul, the body of the world soul is stressed.]

Then, I hear a thunder, and I am reminded of the hexagram #51 of the I Ging: Chên / The Arousing (Shock, Thunder).

I had thrown the I Ging a short time before, when I asked it for my near future. [At the beginning of 1981 I moved to another flat, from Zurich zu Kusnacht-Zurich; the place where Jung lived and where also the C.G. Jung Institute moved to (from Zurich)].

There was one change in the hexagram, in stroke #2:

Quote:
Six in the second place means:
Shock comes bringing danger.
A hundred thousand times
You lose your treasures
And must climb the nine hills.
Do not go in pursuit of them.
After seven days you will get them back again.

This pictures a situation in which a shock endangers a man and he suffers
great losses. Resistance would be contrary to the movement of the time and
for this reason unsuccessful. Therefore he must simply retreat to heights
inaccessible to the threatening forces of danger. He must accept his loss of
property without worrying too much about it. When the time of shock and
upheaval that has robbed him of his possessions has passed, he will get them
back again without going in pursuit of them.

As I wrote above, this loss was the renouncing of the diploma of the institute.

During this time I began to understand that a human being, and thus I, has a personal fate based on the archetype(s) one is connected to (or better: tied up to). One can also talk of the Karma one has inherited. Some conditions of this fate one cannot change; one has to live them. In my case this was the fate of the out-cast, of the "Arab," of the "Ethiopian," of Osiris -- and obviously also of Pan Ku.

This way I eventually found what I call today the Eros ego and the Eros Self, the shadow of Jung's (Logos) Self; see http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... _e.htm#486 .

Such archetypal figures emerging in dreams, visions and imaginations also show us more exactly the content of the personal fate. By amplifying them -- here especially Pan Ku and Osiris ("Ethiopian") and because of the above stressing of the hip, also Dionysus (see below) -- one can see the dominants of one's future life.

Some of them I realized during those times, some of them however only during the last 30 years. I began to understand that such realizations are only possible if one is able to accept conscious suffering.

Remo

PS: This post is also an answer to Michael's first dream he posted in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=967

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Fine Structure Constant and Ismael
Since it was the fine structure constant, #137 Jan posted that inspired me to this thread, I would like to mention again its Caballah meaning:

See http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=186 , second post:

There I wrote:

Quote:
The Magic of the Fine Structure Constant
The magics of the fine structure constant respectively of the #137 is also shown in the following really incredible fact: The term KABBALAH written in its Hebrew original is HLBQ (read from the right to the left and written without vocals). In the Kabbalah every letter has a numerical value: Q = 100, B = 2, L = 30 and H = 5. Together this is 137 -- the value of the fine structure constant and the number of the room in which Pauli died.

Thus there is also a further magics of this number which comes from the Kabbalah.

We remember however the Kabbalah of Isaak Luria I quoted already many times, also in the UM forum.

The central idea of it is the so-called tikkun, the restitution of the world after the great catastrophe (see end of http://www.psychovision.ch/ufnw/egeln_chap13_roth.htm ). The catastrophe happens because of a non-redemption of man and God. In the process of the redemption every human being has to assist the Godhead with the reversal of the world as well as of the humans and of God.

It seems that "Ismael" the ancestor of the Arabs (and thus of the Muslim culture) has something to do with the fine structure constant #137. Later I will show this connection a little more explicitly.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Fine Structure Constant And Matter-Psyche
Further I wrote in the thread mentioned above:

Quote:
137 is the 33rd prime number !

A prime number is something very special. Mathematicians thought that counting is just adding one stroke to the other ones. Eg five strokes and one more is six. But then some of these numbers developed qualitative attributes which were not consciously added. For example #6 is a so-called perfect number, which means that the sum of its divisors is equal to the multiplication of them: 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 x 2 x 3 = 6.

Other numbers became so-called prime numbers. This means that such a number can only be divided by itself and by 1.

Such a number is some sort of a monolith, which reminds me of dreams/visions of some members of the UNUS MUNDUS forum. I do not remember them exactly, thus perhaps the people concerned could add here their monolith dreams. I guess that they have much to do with #137.

33 reminds us of course of the Seal of Solomon, in my interpretation the structure of the unus mundus. Thus the "monolith 137" is another symbol of the "3/3 unus mundus"

1 + 3 + 7 = 11 -- the Tao. This reminds us of course of all the amplifications we discussed and the synchronicities that happened in the thread The 11:11 phenomenon, http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=64.

Thus, the fine structure constant = monolith 137 = 3/3 structured unus mundus = 11 = the Tao = the background of the universe = the Beyond = the psychophysical reality.

Since the fine structure constant is the 33rd prime number, it is intimately connected to the (double) 3/3, ie to my hypothesis of the magic energy of the unus mundus, the matter-psyche as a complement to physical energy (outer spirit-psyche) as well as to Jung's objective psychic energy (inner spirit-psyche).

Like this we receive two Seals of Solomon, one consisting in physical energy and matter-psyche, the other in objective psychic energy and matter-psyche. These two Seals build the background of the unus mundus, the latter being the beyond of our physical world and also of Jung's world of the objective psyche (the collective unconscious).

These worlds must have to do with "the other Genesis," with the world of the "Arabs," and thus of "Ismael," and of Osiris, Pan Ku and Dionysus.

I can imagine that all this is still a little too intuitive and thus logically not understandable. I will try to develop a consistent logic of my intuitive ideas later.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The Breakthrough to Osiris
When, in the seventies, I worked as an Operations Research consultant, a colleague mentioned the term "breakthrough." I was fascinated by this term, for a long time did however not know why. Only when I discovered what I call today the matter-psyche, the magic energy different from physical/bodily energy as well as from Jung's objective psychic energy, I began to understand the meaning of this term in my life: The breakthrough that I experienced was the idea that besides the complementarity of physical and psychic energy -- the result of Jung's and Pauli's dispute documented in Atom and Archetype -- there exists a third, the magic energy (connected to the vegetative or subtle body) of the unus mundus, of the psychophysical reality. The latter is time-less, space-less and mass-less and this way corresponds to what Christian(e)ity calls the Beyond. The masculine symbol for this world is Osiris (and also Anubis), the feminine is Demeter. Both are a symbol of the world soul, the anima mundi.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The Concussion and Archaic (Headless) Mankind
What I did not yet mention in conncetion with these dreams is the following episode in my conscious life:

On Jan 10, 1982, the day before the above dream of Pan Ku, I visited an exhibition with my girl friend, a peasant's daughter deeply rooted in the feeling function*). The exhibition was about the beginning of human history. There they also showed a little very archaic hut. In it a young woman together with some sheep. It liked to show how people lived during the transition from the culture of hunters and gatherers to the culture of settledness (of agriculture). This is a very important transition, since because of the settledness strong creative forces were liberated that before were bound in the activity of wandering.

Later (in my book Die Gottsucher; The Quest for God) I showed that this means the transformation of the libido+) in the wandering drive into the extraverted exploration drive. This is exactly why for example the wheel was invented. (For example, native Americans, the red indians, who were nomads, did not have the wheel). The woman in the hut (introversion!) symbolizes a further transition: the one from the extraverted into the introverted exploration drive. The latter is the necessary background of every meditation and imagination method, especially also of Body-Centered Imagination I discovered. In a symbolic language we could say that BCI is the tool of Osiris, of the God of the Beyond.

I must have been very intensely shocked by this woman in the hut [today I think because of the opposition between the archaic mentality of this woman (the world soul) and my intellectual ego of those times]. With an involuntary motion (obviously an expression of my unconscious fear) I drew back my head from the window (of course glassless) through which we looked into the hut. I hit my head very heavily against the frame of the window, and the result was a concussion (of the brain). The doctor came to my girl friend's flat and checked my head. To do some specific test he asked me to look at a specific book. Synchronistically it was the book Pensée chinoise by Marcel Granet. The book talks especially of Taoism -- and Taoism is the Eastern parallel to Hermetic alchemy. Hermetic alchemy is based on the magic energy that I call the matter-pyche&). [In her book Number and Time Marie-Louise von Franz quotes the book very often. Much of my knowledge about Taoism I learned from this book.]

In a Body-Centered Imagination about my concussion -- it was not an Active Imagination since I was not able to think anymore ...! -- a clown (today I think it was the Trickster, the one who initialized my concussion) jumped out of my head and a voice told me: "I am your head; I am the real you."

I just realize now that this must have been my first application of BCI; of course completely unconsciously.

Remo

*) It was the woman with whom together I experienced the synchronicity with the redbreast mentioned in the 6th post of http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... reast#3004 . In this thread I also come back to the events of early 1982, and to Dionysus and reincarnation. I hope I can include all this here.

+) In the meaning of Jung, as psychic energy, and not of Freud, as the sexual drive.

&) On the other hand, Neoplatonic alchemy is based on the inner spirit-psyche, Jung's objective psychic energy. As I mentioned in other places he was not able to distinguish these two different sorts of energy, since his libido term was unipolar. This is why we need a bipolar libido term (energy term).

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Narcissism?
I am conscious about the problem that some people could allege that I am publishing these personal facts because of narcissism. However, I did not talk about them for more than 30 years. Then, four years ago, I felt that it is impossible to understand my psychophysical theory without knowing of these facts. They show my "personal equation" (C.G. Jung). (See also http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#1879 and followings.) The latter consists first in my different typology to Jung's (he was a thinking/intuition type; I am a feeling/intuition type) and second in the experiences of my early youth, the disease of bone tuberculosis and the fact that from 5 1/2 to 8 1/2 years I was "livingly buried" in a cast for almost three years.

In a shamanistic terminology one would talk of an initiation rite. My fate was and still is to be locked up in deep introversion. The first result of this hermitage was the above mentioned insight of the transformation of the libido from the wandering drive into the extraverted exploration drive and then into the introverted exploration drive, into a meditative and imaginative way of life. This is also why in those times, in the eighties, I was intensely dealing with Wotan, the main god of Germanic mythology. He was the one who suffered exactly the above transformation. First being the god of aggression and extraverted exploration, he hanged himself into the tree, pierced the spear Gungnir into his heart, and this way became the god of the poets (introverted exploration) and of magic wisdom. In contrast to Jesus Christ, he did this himself and was not the victim of this sacrifice.

If you would ask me, I would tell you that this is the sacrifice the Germanic peoples yet have to fulfil today, at the beginning of the 21st century. And perhaps once in the near future someone will look at the horrible madness of national socialism ("die Hitlerei"; W. Pauli) from this point of view*).

As I mentioned in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#1082 , Hitler was absolutely fascinated by the lance of Longinus, since he was convinced that it is Gungnir, and that with its help he will conquer the world. Thus, when he conquered Austria, the first deed was to visit the lance in Schatzkammer of the Wiener Hofburg and to let it transport to Nurenberg, where the allied troups found it at the end of the war.

Source: Ravenscroft, Trevor: Der Speer des Schicksals, Ingse Verlag, Zug, Switzerland, 1974; translation of The Spear of Destiny, Neville Spearman Publishers, 1972. [Hi Jan, perhaps of interest to you]

See also http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heilige_Lanze : "Ein Herrscher, der diese Lanze besaß, galt als unbesiegbar. Sie war das sichtbare Zeichen dafür, dass seine Macht von Gott ausging, dass er der Stellvertreter Christi war."

Remo

*) See also my "cross picture #2" in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#2971 that shows how this aspect of Wotan incarnated in me during my deep life crisis of 1972 to 1974.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The Grail King and the Lance in his Hip
After having clarified the aspect of an alleged narcissism, I can go on with a very important aspect of my conscious life:

When I got sick with a bone tuberculosis in 1949 I had to enter the sanatorium in Davos. There the doctors tried to cure my disease with the help of a natural stiffening of the hip. Thus, for almost 3 years I lived in the cast -- between 5 1/2 and 8 1/2 years.

In some way the doctors did however not work properly. When I left the sanatorium, my left foot looked completely to the left (in an angle of 90 degrees to the normal position) since during the process of stiffening in the cast the thigh -- in Greek mythology the carrier of the life essence and the womb Dionysus was in (see below) -- was not correctly fixed. Thus, with 11 years I suffered a very heavy surgery, in which other doctors corrected this professional blunder.

When I came home from the hospital after some weeks, I accidentially heard a radio report about exactly this hospital in Zurich (the Balgrist -- very close to Carl Jung's Burghölzli!). The almost incredible fact is that the reporters reported (also) near the operating room (British English: operating theatre !!!) exactly when I was on the operating table. Thus, some weeks after the surgery in the radio I heard the professor explaining the reporters my case. And then I heard – the circular saw severing my stiff hip. I still hear this noise today as if it had happen yesterday ... Then, for a while I had three silver nails in my hip ... the lance which healed the wounded hip of the Grail King; or at least relieved his pain ...

This way, I began slowly to learn that it is my fate to once explain and interpret the Grail legend, at least the wound of the Grail king and the lance which healed this wound (at least in Wolfram's Parzival). In 2007 I was able to write a further part of HOLY WEDDING, in which I was able to do so (Section 5.4.6; not yet published). I began with this interpretation and translation of the myth into a modern language.

The interpretation relativates Carl Jung's work and especially his anima concept. I began to understand that it is exactly the lance of Longinus and/or the Holy Lance of the Grail legend -- interpreted by Emma Jung and Marie-Louise von Franz as "a spontaneously emerging impulse" -- , which was a concretization of what I call today the singular acausal quantum leap (of the World Soul) that we have to observe in our inside. Since I was unconscious about all this -- but how had I had the chance to become conscious first as a child and second since all this was never in the collective consciousness of mankind? -- all this happened to me in a concretized way. And slowly I began to realize that my suffering (I did not tell you the worst things the doctors did with me) had got a deep meaning.

I do however not believe in the good lord of the Christians anymore ...

I tell you all this, since I know that many of you are also suffering similar wounds (woundings?). I hope that my example of how the Grail King incarnated in me can help you to overcome this suffering (in your specific way).

Remo

PS of Aug 8, 2010: See also Melusine and the Lance of Longinus

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Historians locate King Arthur's Round Table
And what is sent to me today, independently of my last post?

Historians locate King Arthur's Round Table

See

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... Table.html

The round table of the Grail knights is a very important motif of the Grail legend.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percival

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Round Table and Stonehenge (Synchronicity)
Since the darkening of the Logos is one of the most important topics of this thread -- Osiris is a symbol of the Eros Self that can only be observed with the help of the Eros ego. In a devaluating manner Jung calls it the abiassement du niveau mental (, a “slackening of the tensity of consciousness") -- I interrupt the planned flow of thoughts and would like to talk of a synchronicity I never mentioned before in public:

In September 1979 I visited my girl friend at the time in England. She is Australian of English heredity but did not know England too well. In 1979 she went back to England for her studies. After the landing in London we immediately went to the South, since I liked to visit Stonehenge (During these times one was yet able to enter it). However, we realized after a while that it was too late. Thus, after sunset, when we entered Winchester, we looked for a hotel. As a result of an incredible synchronicity some months before I had learned what I first had expressed in a sexual language: "One is only allowed to enter the lady when she really agrees." [As we will see, the result of this deep insight was what I call today the observation of the singular quantum leap of the World Soul. It is the decisive act of BCI, and to reach it one has to completely give up one's will (the latter in a sexual-symbolic language: "to enter the lady when I want it").]

Thus I decided to let my girl friend do the things and became completely passiv. She drove around in the city for a long time and for this long time I had "to sit on my mouth" (as we say in German). Suddenly she stopped at a hotel and we entered. On the bar the waiter explained that exactly at the opposite side of the street there is a museum, in which King Arthur's Round Table is exhibited.

King Arthur constructed the Round Table for the Grail knights since Merlin, the Celtic sorcerer, adviced to do so. The same background has Stonehenge; both are "inventions" of Merlin.

The next day we visited the exhibition and I was completely fascinated of the Round Table. I still have a photo of it:

Being close to the table I stole a little splinter of it. Up until today it is some sort of a talisman to me, and it is protected in a little medallion:

The common content of the two events of this synchronicity is Merlin, the Celtic sorcerer, who advised to construct the Round Table as well as Stonehenge.

Remo

[To be continued]

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Le Principe Du Plaisir
Some months before, on Feb 10, 1979, I read an article on Magritte's paintings. I was impressed by the following image (see left image below), Le Principe Du Plaisir (!!!), which reminded me of the one on the cover of Castaneda's Die Lehren des Don Juan (on the right):

I received the magazine with the corresponding article on Magritte a day after I had recommended Castaneda's book to a client.

Again a synchronicity: It talks of course of the above mentioned Eros ego, the complement to the Logos ego. In it one consciously suppresses thinking -- as I had during my concussion.

So many synchronicities and dreams of that time showed me that I had to reach the “slackening of the tensity of consciousness," the Eros ego.

Remo

PS: Le Principe Du Plaisir we can of course interpret as the Eros ego with all its facettes including sexuality. This is why I looked for this magic principle in living sexuality with many women.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Pan Ku Comes Back as Oscillating Earth King
After we had had a trip in and around Stonehenge we sat at its periphery. Then I had an incredibly impressive vision corresponding to a bodily sensation:

I felt that the ground with all these heavy and big stones began to oscillate. It was like a series of very heavy earthquakes. Stonehenge went up and down and up and down and up and down. [Today I am reminded of the oscillation symbolism in so many of Wolfgang Pauli's dreams.]

Suddenly I realized -- and this was a really heavy shock -- that Stonehenge was the crown of the king of the earth living in it and only showing his crown to us. Today I see that this is a similar motif to the one of Pan Ku above: the Anthropos, the incredibly tall god-man, who is the masculine symbolic equivalent to the World Soul.

In contrast to Pan Ku in my dream (see above), this time the Anthropos, the World Soul was "oscillating." Later I began to understand that this symbolism means that the world soul would like to self-fertilize herself for the goal of the birth of a new child (which is symbolically demonstrated as one-sided rotation in Pauli's dreams and in my and visions). And that this birth becomes reality in our world only when we observe the singular inner quantum leap with the help of BCI.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

Post Round Table and Anthropos Synchronicity
Remo Roth wrote:
And what is sent to me today, independently of my last post?

Historians locate King Arthur's Round Table

See

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... Table.html

The round table of the Grail knights is a very important motif of the Grail legend.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percival

Remo

WELL, WELL, WELL... WE MUST BE ON A SYNCHONICITY ROLL HERE...oops, did not intend the CAPS, but perhaps they are appropriate.

I was looking through my early 1980s notebook again last night but only briefly. I have to be with my grandkids 10 to 12 hours a day this week, so I have to make myself not be staying up as much in the middle of the night reading the forum or wondering what to post about next. So, I went to sleep.

This morning around 7AM my time, I read this post by you, Remo: Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 am... Post subject: The Grail King and the Lance in his Hip... I had just seen the "finding the Round Table" news item as I signed on to AOL to check my E-mail. I was going to post about that here, like you did later, but I realized I did not have time to do that, since I needed to leave home around 7:20 AM.

I dropped the kids off for a 9AM to 12PM summer outdoor activity and came back alone to their house and plopped down into the living room recliner for some mediation and snooze time while they were gone. Lee was giving some suggestions and/or instructions... similar to the usual things he says but with a few alterations. Head slightly bowed, tiny bit of awareness of the Ajna (third eye) is OK but not emphasized, the attention is given to the hara area a couple of inches below the navel while breathing in very gently, some awareness of the heart area, then a kind of connecting and expansiveness that becomes a whole body experience... anyhow, sometime I will give some variations on this in detail... and since I have never heard before what Lee says about this process, I assume this info is coming from him and not just me. He suggests the focus on the hara instead of the Ajna, because he does not want me/us going "out of the body" into the astral but instead "into the core of our being" where another kind of realm becomes manifest... somewhat like a veil being lifted... revealing it is already here and now when passively viewed. It has more subdued colors and a softer glow quite different from astral psychedelic-like scenes. Also, this going inward instead of outward can result in seeming encounters with either living or deceased individuals.

I had set the timer for 10:30 AM since I had to call my husband about his checking the mail at that time for something important we are expecting. Hmm, as I snapped to full consciousness when the alarm went off, I realized I has just been visiting with... Remo... at least symbolically since you certainly did not look the way I would expect. Finally after the phone call, I had a chance to sit back and try to remember what happened. Lee was asking me if I could recall what I was saying to Remo... something kind of like what I just said about the inner realm seeming very different from the astral out of body experiences. The specific words did not seem to be very important. Instead, it was your appearance that stood out... as if you had a massive head wound with emphasis on one bloody eye and mummy-like bandages wrapped around the head but also dangling down partly unwrapped. The rest of you may have been a long tan cloak... these details were not clear... as if everything from below the head on down was in one continuous form without distinct arms or legs.

I set the timer again for 11:40 when I would have to leave to pick up the kids. I was conscious with eyes closed most of that time. Lee was asking me some questions and making some comments about how do we get to the point where we can respond appropriately rather then over-react to the annoyances from other people in everyday life. He said something in an amused way about not getting "personally offended" is a good start. That made me think about how a Christian lady I know said to me a few days ago that "God" gets angry and jealous over people worshipping other gods or idols and punishes them for it just like Pat Robertson said about the victims of the earthquake in Haiti because of their supposed voodooism. Oh well, that egomaniacal vengeful "god" is "the ancient tribal enitity" who I defintitely refuse to bow down to... so it looks like I am doomed to be broiled in hell foreverafter. However, I have put in my application to be accepted into the realm of "the Godhead beyond god" of Meister Eckhart instead.

Then in the car on the way to pick-up the kids at noon, I was thinking about the memorized prayer we used to say at Confession:

Act of Contrition

O my God, I am heartily sorry for
having offended you, and I detest
all my sins, because of Your just
punishments, but most of all because
they offend You, my God, who are
all-good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve, with the help of
Your grace, to sin no more and to
avoid the near occasion of sin.

Lee said why not look up what offend and offense mean and if they have any relationship to being on the offensive as in war. That's a topic for another time... as this initial inquiry shows...

Middle English offenden, from Old French offendre, from Latin offendere; see gwhen- in Indo-European roots.]

Synonyms: offend, insult, affront, outrage
These verbs mean to cause resentment, humiliation, or hurt. To offend is to cause displeasure, wounded feelings, or repugnance in another: "He often offended men who might have been useful friends" (John Lothrop Motley).

[via Old French offendre to strike against, from Latin offendere, from ob- against + fendere to strike]

If as Lee suggested, we did succeed in being less "personally offended" by other folks' provocations... that would seem to indicate that we humans have a potential for more emotional control and less grandiosity than our supposed deity who is so easily offended... I guess there is some synchronistic reason for my going off on this tangent about this topic.

Anyhow, the topic of King Arthur's Round Table is very significant to me. One of my special men friends way back when in the early 1960s had a huge emotional and idealistic attachment to the myth of Camelot. More about that later. When I got back online here this afternoon, I went first to read a few trivial news items, and then to search for terms related to my Remo encounter described above.

bloody head and eye bandages

From those words... could it be possible to have a HUGE SYNCHONICITY that would mention on the same webpage both this topic by Remo... ?

In contrast to Pan Ku in my dream (see above), this time the Anthropos, the World Soul was "oscillating." Later I began to understand that this symbolism means that the world soul would like to self-fertilize herself for the goal of the birth of a new child (which is symbolically demonstrated as one-sided rotation in Pauli's dreams and in my and visions). And that this birth becomes reality in our world only when we observe the singular inner quantum leap with the help of BCI.

...and this other topic by Remo... ?

I do however not believe in the good lord of the Christians anymore ...

I tell you all this, since I know that many of you are also suffering similar wounds (woundings?). I hope that my example of how the Grail King incarnated in me can help you to overcome this suffering (in your specific way).

YES, it is possible to have such a seemingly impossible result... looking up bloody head bandages and winding up with... Page 11 of about 28,600 results (0.10 seconds)

... better post this before I lose it and then add the rest... it's 3:43 PM..

Homo Lumen

ANTHROPOS: THE PRIMORDIAL MAN

The symbolical names of the prima materia all point to the anima mundi, Plato's Primordial Man, the Anthropos, and mystic Adam. Adam Kadmon is the "man of light" and therefore identical with the alchemical filius philosophorum. Paracelsus says of this astral man, "the true man is the star in us...for heaven is man and man is heaven, and all men are one heaven, and heaven is only one man."
The ancient teachings about the Anthropos assert that God, or the world-creating principle, was manifested in the form of a "first-created" man, usually of cosmic size, such as Prajapati, Purusha, and Metatron. The Primordial Man is the means for conquering darkness, and shares his role with a feminine being, Sophia, who coexisted with him in the Gnostic Pleroma.

The Cosmic Man or archetypal man is both macrocosm and microcosm and contains the Femin ine or anima within himsself. Technically it is a hermaphroditic figure, recapitulating the entire evolutionary process. The doctrine of the Anthropos is of Manichaean origin. It is akin to the true man of Chinese alchemy, which like the Anthropos is akin to God. This inner man remains partly unconscious because consciousness is only part of a man and cannot comprehend the whole. But this whole man is always present. No psychic content can become conscious unless it possesses a certain energy-charge, or it sinks back into unconsciousness.

This "Man" is an indescribable, intuitive or mystical experience which demonstrates the continuity of this idea over the millennia. In later centuries there was a relationship between Christ, the Son of Man and this cosmogonic Man. In alchemical philosophy it corresponds to the homunculus and lapis, the product of the hieros gamos, Royal Marriage.

According to Jungian, Edward Edinger, the anthropos has been likened in Gnostic texts to a corpse, "buried in the body like a mummy in a tomb." The mummy is symbolically identical with the original man or anthropos, and is thus an image of the Self and the product of mortificatio--the incorruptible body that grows out of the death of the corruptible seed. It corresponds to the alchemical idea that death is the conception of thee Philosopher's Stone. From its death, the "child of the philosophers" is born--the Philosophical Stone.

The regenerated king in alchemy corresponds to the cosmic Anmthropos, the First Man. He is the inner, spiritual, psychic man created in the image of the Nous. The alchemist experienced the Anthropos in a form that was imbued with a new vitality, freshness and immediacy--psychic totality. It has a complex Egyptian, Persian and Hellenistic background--Homo Maximus. In this modern version--Homo Lumens.

THE GRAIL QUEST

The Grail Quest is essentially about restoring life to that condition known as the "wasteland," which is a metaphor for an inauthentically lived life, which is role-bound and therefore sterile. It is a search for the deeper Reality which underlies the mundane.

The Grail Quest is part of the Arthurian legends, and one of its foremost characters is Parcival. In asking, "Where is the Grail?," he asks in essence, "where is the supreme reality, the essence, the source of existence, the creative potency, the holy kingdom." Parcival is the fool, or innocent, who stumbles through life's adventures and follies, never quite getting it, and getting caught as a result in a passionless life.

In mythic journeys such as Parcival's the shadow plays a large role. In psychological terms, the shadow is the repressed, disowned and unacknowledged aspects of the self. When these qualities are recognized and reconciled, a persosn often experiences a movement toward greater wholeness, depth, and maturity. Mythic knowing balances shadow and light in individuals and cultures. When liberated, this shadow energy is the fount of our finest qualities and taproot of our Essence.

According to Joseph Campbell, myth plays four major functions in our psychology and social functioning:

1. facilitates communication with the transcendent realms and the eternal form;
2. gives us the art, music, and poetry to express the realization that we belong to the universal with meaning and purpose;
3. produces rituals of living and dying which have spiritual and moral roots (alienation leadds to the desperate quest for meaning to restore or replace the lost mythology);
4. fosters the centering and unfolding of the individual in integrity with the self, culture and universe--the ultimate creative Mystery.

The Parcival myth illumines our modern times, where the vast wasteland looms in the proliferations of institutional megastructures and the breakdown of moral, political and social order. But the myth promises soul-changing ways of healing ourselves and society as we revision ourselves as the living Grail of the most sacred life, embodying that divine force which is essentially One with All. This legacy of ours if we can pierce through the Veil, like Parcival, to mindfulness, and sound our own depths and soar to our ouwn heights--awakening to full consciousness.

LINK to confirm Google search led to this result: bloody head and eye bandages

LINK to webpage that contains the above Anthropos and Grail Quest quotations:

http://zero-point.tripod.com/psycho/psycho3.html

While I have the time, I might as well add one more wounded head image... Nope, I have to get going now offline at 4:27 PM.

Suzanne

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post OBE and IBE
Suzanne

Suzanne wrote:
[Lee] suggests the focus on the hara instead of the Ajna, because he does not want me/us going "out of the body" into the astral but instead "into the core of our being" where another kind of realm becomes manifest... somewhat like a veil being lifted... revealing it is already here and now when passively viewed. It has more subdued colors and a softer glow quite different from astral psychedelic-like scenes. Also, this going inward instead of outward can result in seeming encounters with either living or deceased individuals.

This is the core of my discoveries! Some years ago I had a conversation with a man who was an expert of out of body experiences (OBE). He was convinced that what I am talking about one could call "in of body experiences," ie. IBE.

He hit the nail on the head (as we say in German). This is exactly the difference to all this ouf of body stuff. And Lee is right when he tells you that to reach this state we have to come down into the Hara. To do so, we have to abandon the head and the Logos ego and enter the Eros ego. This was one of the most important lessons I learned with the above mentioned concussion (of the brain). Only this way we can enter the belly brain or gut brain (Michael Gershon) being made of the same neurons as the ones of the (head) brain. This is why I always am a little suspicious when people talk about the third eye, ie the ajna. In contrast to Tantrism, we have to come down into the belly, and when the inner quantum leap happens, the flow from below to above happens itself .

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Empirical Observation of God !!!
Suzanne wrote:
ANTHROPOS: THE PRIMORDIAL MAN
The symbolical names of the prima materia all point to the anima mundi, Plato's Primordial Man, the Anthropos, and mystic Adam. Adam Kadmon is the "man of light" and therefore identical with the alchemical filius philosophorum. Paracelsus says of this astral man, "the true man is the star in us...for heaven is man and man is heaven, and all men are one heaven, and heaven is only one man."

Yes, this is a good description of the Anthropos or god-man. If we believe in Paracelsus, the Anthropos, in his terms, the Archaeus, has its seat in -- the stomach. Meant is of course the manipura. However, today we have the task to descend even deeper, to the svadhisthana, the water Chakra, and even to the muladhara, the earth Chakra (Remember the earth's king in my vision in Stonehenge).

Quote:
The ancient teachings about the Anthropos assert that God, or the world-creating principle, was manifested in the form of a "first-created" man, usually of cosmic size, such as Prajapati, Purusha, and Metatron. The Primordial Man is the means for conquering darkness, and shares his role with a feminine being, Sophia, who coexisted with him in the Gnostic Pleroma.

Here I do not agree with Campbell, who for my taste is too Neoplatonic. We do not have the task of conquering the darkness, but to let us (in an introverted way) fall into it. In Christian terms "darkness" always means "evil," and this is not at all true. Remember Wolfgang Pauli:

Quote:
“Contrary to the Platonists [and Neoplatonists; RFR] the problem of light and darkness was not at all repressed by the alchemists of the 17th century, and this is what fascinates me with Fludd.”

And

Quote:
“In Fludd, the disintegration of the world into a bright and a dark principle ... does by no means coincide with the split into matter and psyche. For him, matter participates also in the bright principle and the soul of man also in the dark principle.

Fludd’s polar reality is always in an intermediate world (between ‘physical’ and ‘psychic’ in our sense) that is described by material movements not directly perceptible by the senses. These [movements] are at the same time ‘objective psychic’ transformations [Veränderungen].”

As I wrote in Return of the World Soul, we have to accept that one of the main aspects of the Anthropos or of the World Soul is that in the singular (acausal) inner quantum leap parts of this God/Goddess become empirically observable. This way, it is in fact what we call God or the Goddess that becomes empirically observable. I regard this as one of my most important insights and as the great progress to the mythological and thus metaphysical description of Campbell, and to theological metaphysics in general. In your case this means that (an obviously deified) Lee shows you the truth with the help of such spontaneous illuminations.

The acausal principle of the anima mundi (Anthropos; god-man) was of extreme importance to Pauli. In a letter to Fierz on Oct 8, 1953 he writes that it is

Quote:
“The one that escapes the intellectual order of laws. It is the evil in ethics (the problem of the integration of evil into the godhead, etc.), the acausal in natural philosophy.”

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Liberation of the Deified Vegetative Body
Suzanne wrote:
The Cosmic Man or archetypal man is both macrocosm and microcosm and contains the Feminine or anima within himsself. Technically it is a hermaphroditic figure, recapitulating the entire evolutionary process. The doctrine of the Anthropos is of Manichaean origin. It is akin to the true man of Chinese alchemy, which like the Anthropos is akin to God. This inner man remains partly unconscious because consciousness is only part of a man and cannot comprehend the whole. But this whole man is always present. No psychic content can become conscious unless it possesses a certain energy-charge, or it sinks back into unconsciousness.

Also here I see a difference to Campbell. The Anthropos or the World Soul is not the anima! The anima is an intellectual construct of Jung. The anima mundi is much more. It is the tripartite Goddess of the Celtics, and it is of equal worth as the masculine god. This is why this figure is also imagined as a hermaphrodite. And since "macrocosm" = masculine and "microcosm" = feminine, the Anthropos or World Soul comprises the inside as well as the outside. This way He/She becomes spaceless -- and in fact also timeless. It is what I call the "always/everywhere," and Jung the eternal ubiquity (the eternal spacelessness). She/He is the unus mundus. More exactly: the World Soul is the energetic principle of the u.m.

Quote:
According to Jungian, Edward Edinger, the anthropos has been likened in Gnostic texts to a corpse, "buried in the body like a mummy in a tomb." The mummy is symbolically identical with the original man or anthropos, and is thus an image of the Self and the product of mortificatio--the incorruptible body that grows out of the death of the corruptible seed. It corresponds to the alchemical idea that death is the conception of thee Philosopher's Stone. From its death, the "child of the philosophers" is born--the Philosophical Stone.

And this process of the liberation of the subtle or vegetative body (that is also the deified body, and thus a very heretic principle) happens with the help of Body-Centered Imagination. It is the liberation of the subtle or vegetative body Marie-Louise von Franz amplified in her book On Dreams and Death. It was my fate to continue this work, especially by showing that this process is empirically observable in the spontaneous (= acausal) inner quantum leaps. As mentioned above, this way the metaphysical god-image becomes empirically observable -- the phantom god becomes a reality in our world. This is also what happens unconsciously in UFO encounter and abduction. But there only in an unconscious process.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Vegetative Body as Real Homo Lumens
Suzanne wrote:
The regenerated king in alchemy corresponds to the cosmic Anmthropos, the First Man. He is the inner, spiritual, psychic man created in the image of the Nous. The alchemist experienced the Anthropos in a form that was imbued with a new vitality, freshness and immediacy--psychic totality. It has a complex Egyptian, Persian and Hellenistic background--Homo Maximus. In this modern version--Homo Lumens.

Also this interpretation of Campbell is too Neoplatonic. It is not the "spiritual, psychic man," but the deified body for the afterlife that lives in the intermediary realm between spirit/soul and matter (which is equal to the World Soul) and that has to be liberated from the physical body. As MLvF describes in On Dreams and Death, this process was one of the main concerns of the Church Father Origenes (who lived in Egypt and thus was very close to the Egyptian afterlife/otherworld mythology).

To do so and thus liberate the Homo Lumens, the head has to be burnt -- as in the images above! The Logos ego must (at least during the process of BCI) die to give birth to the Eros ego.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Burning the Head as Initiation
And this burning of the head (of the real witch!) is it, what in my incredibly deep life crisis of 1972 to 1974 the "unconscious" liked to tell me for the first time with the following "cross image" (I mentioned it already above, and in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#2971 )

And in 1982, in the period of my life I try to describe here, the continuation followed.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Waste Land and Grail Quest
Suzanne wrote:
THE GRAIL QUEST

The Grail Quest is essentially about restoring life to that condition known as the "wasteland," which is a metaphor for an inauthentically lived life, which is role-bound and therefore sterile. It is a search for the deeper Reality which underlies the mundane.

Waste land = Jungian communities?

And

Grail Quest = What people in the UNUS MUNDUS forum try?

Have a look what was sent to me yesterday! An announcement of the Jungian Kaleidoscope forum:

Quote:
Saburu wrote

Quote:
Just read through some of this post with great interest. I must read Blair's book.

regarding Mr. Shamdasani I went to the London opening of the Red Book in November 2009 with wine, food and lecture by Shamdasani. I was expecting to be seriously enlightenend but nothing could have been further from the truth. A totally dry academic with not one ounce of soul or spirit, who had absolutely NOTHING to say regarding his 13 YEARS spent researching the RED BOOK other than dates and timelines. It was a disgrace. This guy knows absolutely nothing about inner work which is ESSENTIAL for one claiming to be THE world expert.

I paid £110 for my 2 tickets. Had I not been able to obatain another copy of the red book and a month later sell it for £500 on amazon that would have been a total waste of time!! But monetary profit was not what I was seeking. i wanted spiritual profit. Having read Blair's open letter it now comes more into focus. What was on stage in London that evening in Novemeber was a middle aged child wearing a suit.

I must say on this very same evening I was able to see 300 Jungians in the same room together and chatted to a few. One was a 40 something ad man who was doing an MA in Jungian studies at Essex University. He believed he would be able to use Jung's theories, writings, concepts in advertising 'branding'. This was the most deluded person I think I have ever met who was not housed in a mental institution. He had not had analysis, had done no real inner work and was of the idea that you did not need to as everything was 'on the surface', readily visible and all you needed to do was make a study of it and you'd have it, in a nutshell. Sheesh..!

See http://kaleidoscope-forum.org/talk/inde ... icseen#new

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Anthropos and Egyptian Mysteries
Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne wrote:

Also this interpretation of Campbell is too Neoplatonic. It is not the "spiritual, psychic man," but the deified body for the afterlife that lives in the intermediary realm between spirit/soul and matter (which is equal to the World Soul) and that has to be liberated from the physical body. As MLvF describes in On Dreams and Death, this process was one of the main concerns of the Church Father Origenes (who lived in Egypt and thus was very close to the Egyptian afterworld mythology).

To do so and thus liberate the Homo Lumens, the head has to be burnt -- as in the images above! The Logos ego must (at least during the process of BCI) die to give birth to the Eros ego.

Remo

Hi Remo, We must be on the same wavelength tonight. I went to sleep at 9:30 and set my alarm for 6:30... but I suddenly woke up around 2:40. I got here first from the notification link in my E-mail that said:

Date: 7/14/2010 2:33:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Dream and Synchronicity of the Other Genesis" at UNUS MUNDUS. This topic has received a reply since your last visit.

After reading what you said about INNER Body instead of OUT of body experiences, I was checking up on a tiny matter of the link I gave to the bloody head and eye bandages results yesterday afternoon no longer shows the Anthropos image on page 11 of the results. From past experience with these "timely" synchronicities, I knew to check back a page or so, and there it was again on page 10, interestingly enough right next to another that referred to head concussion.

So much of all this goes back for me to the dream vision I had in late 2004 right after my first husband (and father of my two now adult children) died. It was the one where Lee walked toward me out of the Plato Academy type otherworld background and was explaining that it was difficult for him to communicate in this direct manner (so that the experience did not last long) but that he was giving evidence that this was real and not my imagination by his saying that I could check and see that his wife is still alive. She was indeed still living when I checked online which I had not expected. I only found out... about her passing on about six months after that vision... belatedly... in February 2008 when Lee first began to gangbusters start communicating LIVE here on the forum and a copy of her two year old obituary was posted at an ancestry forum a couple of weeks later.

Anyhow, I wanted to comment now on Origen. At the time my first husband died in late 2004, there was another man I knew in my late teens who came forward in a vision, and when I saw him, I said only... "Origen"... and he said something like... "so now you finally know"... There were also some powerful synchronicities that confirmed the name as being that of the Church Father (later declared a heretic) who had lived in Alexandria, Egypt. The man in my vision was actually born and raised in Alexandria, Egypt. The last time I saw him in this actual world was when I was 17. My mother did not want me associating with the man and had someone else (actually my future husband) drive me to the Washington Monument grounds to say goodbye to him (with the obelisk overlooking our farewell). What was so peculiar about that period of time in my life was all the incredible coincidences. I had this gigantic crush on a guy from Alexandria, Egypt... and the new young woman creative writing teacher at my high school had us kids reading Justine, the first volume in the Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell which of course had some Gnostic elements. My old school friend I call Marla here on the forum who just showed up back in my life this last September... told me much to my surprise only recently ... that the man from Egypt had talked with her about reincarnation when he was one evening at her house also conversing with her parents. Anyhow, after I had the vision of that man (probably now deceased himself) in late 2004, I came across this image somewhere... I do not know on what webpage or in what context, but it was labelled as being Origen of Alexandria. Somehow... this version of a baptism ceremony... kind of suspiciously looks more like an initiation ceremony into the Ancient Mysteries!

From Wiki: Origen (Greek: Ὠριγένης Ōrigénēs, or Origen Adamantius, c. 185–254[1]) was an early Christian scholar and theologian, and one of the most distinguished writers of the early Christian Church despite not being considered a Church father by some.[2] According to tradition, he is held to have been an Egyptian[3] who taught in Alexandria, reviving the Catechetical School of Alexandria where Clement of Alexandria had taught.[4] The patriarch of Alexandria at first supported Origen but later expelled him for being ordained without the patriarch's permission.[5] He relocated to Caesarea Maritima and died there after being tortured during a persecution.[6]

Using his knowledge of Hebrew, he produced Hexapla and corrected Septuagint.[7] He wrote commentaries on most of the books of the Bible.[7] In De principiis (On First Principles), he articulated one of the first philosophical expositions of Christian doctrine.[7] He interpreted scripture allegorically and showed himself to be a Neo-Pythagorean, and Neo-Platonist.[7] Like Plotinus, he wrote that the soul passes through successive stages of incarnation before eventually reaching God.[7] He imagined even demons being reunited with God. For Origen, God was the First Principle, and Christ, the Logos, was subordinate to him.[7] His views of a hierarchical structure in the Trinity, the temporality of matter, "the fabulous preexistence of souls," and "the monstrous restoration which follows from it" were declared anathema in the 6th century.[8]

His Greek name, Ōrigénēs (Ὠριγένης), probably means "child of Horus" (from Ὡρος, "Horus", and γένος, "born").[9] His nickname or cognomen Adamantius derives from Greek ἀδάμας, which means "unconquerable" or "unbreakable".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origen

OH WOW! I just found that same picture above on this Wiki page.

Suzanne

P.S. Interesting additional item here from Wiki:

Origen's cosmology is complicated, but he seems to have held that souls existed prior to becoming embodied in an ideal state, and only on account of their own negligence did they fall.[citation needed] This is in fact the impetus for creation, and a repeated trope in Origen is his insistence that diversity is the by-product of the free-will of souls. Thus, material creation is at least implicitly of a lesser ontological category than the immaterial, or spiritual, and the heavy material bodies that man assumes after the fall will eventually be cast off. Origen, however, still insisted on a bodily resurrection, but in contrast to Athenagoras, who believed that earthly bodies would be precisely reconstituted in the hereafter, Origen argued that Paul's notion of a flourishing spiritual body is more appropriate.

Last edited by Suzanne on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post My Interpretation of the Grail
Suzanne wrote:
The Grail Quest is part of the Arthurian legends, and one of its foremost characters is Parcival. In asking, "Where is the Grail?," he asks in essence, "where is the supreme reality, the essence, the source of existence, the creative potency, the holy kingdom." Parcival is the fool, or innocent, who stumbles through life's adventures and follies, never quite getting it, and getting caught as a result in a passionless life.

One can now also understand what I believe to be the Grail. It is the unus mundus with its energetic principle, the World Soul. In the state of the Eros ego one becomes able to observe these energetic changes, the singular inner quantum leaps, in which the Goddess or at least parts of it that would like to be born into our world become observable. This way the Goddess, the Eros Self, and the part of it in our world, the Eros ego, become one -- the Holy Wedding in modern terms.

To do so, one has however to accept my Winston Churchill quote below:

Quote:
The most useful lesson life has given me is that the fools often are right

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 am
Founder

Post Living Percival's life to find the Grail today
Suzanne wrote:

If one accepts my above interpretation of the Grail, it is not difficult to understand now this passage. Parcival is the mentioned fool Churchill was so fascinated of. During his childhood and youth he lived together with his mother and without a father in the woods. This is of course a description of the vegetative (woods!) Eros ego not influenced by the father, ie the Logos ego. The rest is however a Neoplatonic misinterpreation. He is innocent, yes, he learns however to behave in the world without losing his naivity; the latter being ready to always give up the learned prejudices -- the scientific as well as the Jungian's. He does not at all "stumble through life's adventures and follies, never quite getting it," at least not in some versions of the legend.

Quote:
In mythic journeys such as Parcival's the shadow plays a large role. In psychological terms, the shadow is the repressed, disowned and unacknowledged aspects of the self. When these qualities are recognized and reconciled, a persosn often experiences a movement toward greater wholeness, depth, and maturity. Mythic knowing balances shadow and light in individuals and cultures. When liberated, this shadow energy is the fount of our finest qualities and taproot of our Essence.

Yes, Percival has the task of dealing with the shadow, but not in the meaning of all these neo-Jungian disciples and Neoplatonic interpreters. It is exactly the latter's mentality that leads into a "passionless life," and not the lived life of Percival. Talking rubbish about Percival (and other archetypes) in voluminous books instead of having the courage to live his fate leads exactly to what in the Kaleidoscope forum suburu called "a totally dry academic [life] with not one ounce of soul or spirit."

The shadow of the (Logos) Self is, as I showed in Holy Wedding the Eros Self, the World Soul, the energetic principle of the unus mundus that incarnates into the vegetative (!) Eros ego with the help of the singular acausal quantum leaps, if and only if they are observed with the help of BCI.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:08 am
Profile WWW

Post Synchronicity and Foolish Amusements
Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne wrote:

One can now also understand what I believe to be the Grail. It is the unus mundus with its energetic principle, the World Soul. In the state of the Eros ego one becomes able to observe these energetic changes, the singular inner quantum leaps, in which the Goddess or at least parts of it that would like to be born into our world become observable. This way the Goddess, the Eros Self, and the part of it in our world, the Eros ego, become one -- the Holy Wedding in modern terms.

To do so, one has however to accept my Winston Churchill quote below:

Quote:
The most useful lesson life has given me is that the fools often are right

Remo

Hi Remo, During the six months that Ann and I did not post on the Ann-Suzanne Blog (in part because we felt too awkward about discussing in public our very "foolish" belief that our soul mates were communicating with us from the Beyond), I used to send her private E-mails instead. I'd say... Lee is saying the strangest things... like that he has no head... and that over time I would figure out what he means by such ridiculous things. He was also having me follow him into the dark instead of into the light. Eventually of course after going through many layers of "witnessing without fear" various images of tormented or frightening demon-like beings, we arrived at the soft peaceful glow within the deep core of our being.

Anyhow, such goings-on are not always serious by any means. He somehow orchestrates the most hilarious romantic synchronicities quite often. When I was checking back earlier in the night to the Ann-Suzanne Blog as to when he first was starting to intensely communicate there with words and images I did not grasp immediately were coming from him on purpose. There was of course this picture of an actual painting that an elderly man willed to me... which I had told him reminded me of my "One and Only" when I had confided in him about Lee in the mid-1960s.

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:50 pm

The Reunion of Eros and Psyche

Part of a verse from Elizabeth Barrett Browning is at
the bottom of this print of the original painting:

I thought once how Theocritus had sung
Of the sweet years, the dear and wished-for years,
Who each one in a gracious hand appears
To bear a gift for mortals, old or young;
And, as I mused it in his antique tongue,
I saw, in gradual vision through my tears,
The sweet, sad years, the melancholy years,
Those of my own life, who by turns had flung
A shadow across me. Straightaway I was 'ware,
So weeping, how a mystic Shape did move
Behind me, and drew me backward by the hair;
And a voice said in mastery, while I strove,--
Guess now who holds thee?--Death, I said, But, there,
The silver answer rang,--Not Death, but Love.

In context: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5950#5950

Then there was this image from a post entitled:
The Conjugial Principle 2 as 1 - a more personal view
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:39 am

Referring to Aug. 9, 2008: Well, I layed down after dinner tonight, and this is what happened. After a short while I see a vivid hypnagogic image of a friendly gray wolf walking toward me. I asked my inner friend what that meant. He said the image was to represent him, so look up the term "Lone Gray Wolf" on the Internet, and I would see what the significance is. This is what showed up. I had to flip the picture to make the star in the left upper part as I described above. But other than that, how close a match could there be to go along with that Divine Geometry lesson from the deceased math guy? (Plus that he had told me in 1958 that "he used to be" a Rosicrucian.)

In context: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7268#7268

Next, the synchronicities can get so foolishly funny that I came across this hilarious combination of the two above images... the flying winged angel-god guy lifting up the earthly girl in his arms plus a Rosicrucian wolf with a secret smile... that resulted from my wanting to find a better bandaged head image an hour or two ago. I had Googled... "bloody head and one eye bandages"

... just an image to add here in a few minutes... it's 6:20 AM...

This was a result on... Page 3 of about 28,200 results (0.05 seconds) 5:15 AM...

I sure did burst out laughing when I saw this!

Angel Wolfie and a man with a bandaged head are seen
right next to each other in the center of the second from
the bottom row up on this results page:

PICTURE - Wolf (Husky technically)
Or, perhaps you have
267 × 400 - 37k - jpg
inmagine.com
PICTURE - Man (with head wound)
bloody bandage on
640 × 587 - 996k - gif
lightning-strike.com

LINK to today's results (may change in some hours or days)
Wolf-Angel-Man

Lots of Love to All from Sue and Lee (our silly kid names)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Jan's very impressing #137 synchronicity
Jan

Junis wrote:
Starting in Mai 2006 I had a few near death experiences. Then an incredibly intense immersion into the realm of synchronicities occured, but more of that destructive Phillip K. Dick type. I kept running into abandonned electrical machines, which were positioned in an anthropomorphical situation, f.e. a coffee machine seemingly 'waiting for the bus'. A few months ago, 3 years after taking the photo, I made a discovery, which was rather shocking to me, as it reminded me of Pauli's death synchronicity. I am still alive. And it seems I must have been on that 'death roll' back then (entropic relation to #137). Then I was lead to Remo's website by an impressive Lily synchronicity. And my life changed for the better. Look what I discovered on the photo. Look at the license plate of the vespa motorcycle in the background (and this photo was taken before I knew anything about Pauli's death synchronicity). It says "137 Tod" (137 Death), scared the crap out of me when I first saw it (meanwhile I have experienced a synchronicity about being taken into the woods on a tractor with #137 on its license plate):

Yes, also in my experience synchronicities tend to become destructive as long as one does not understand their meaning. The meaning of Pauli's fine structure constant synchronicity was, as I wrote above (I think), that he had the challenge to enter the space-, time- and mass-less world of the psychophysical reality or unus mundus ["the vegetative #137 woods"], but because of his identity with the Logos ego was not able to enter the Eros ego, the indispensable precondition for the observation of the beyond or psychophysical reality during this life on earth. "Death" together with #137 thus means exactly the death of the Logos to become able to become one with the psychophysical reality.
Die before you die! the Sufis say,

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next