UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:02 pm

[ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Reply to topic
 Dreams and Synchronicities of the Other Genesis 
Founder

Post Buddha-like Pauli
Junis wrote:

I do not remember if I ever posted the sketch of Tom Kelder. It shows Pauli in a deeply introverted state, and everyone thought that it shows the Buddha-like Pauli:

Completely different from the photo of this man; however, I like it, too. It shows the other side of Remo-Pauli ...

I am still surprised that I dreamt many dreams of Einstein, but only a few of Pauli.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Post Re: Buddha-like Pauli or even Sufi-like Pauli
Remo Roth wrote:
Junis wrote:

Remo said: I do not remember if I ever posted the sketch of Tom Kelder. It shows Pauli in a deeply introverted state, and everyone thought that it shows the Buddha-like Pauli:

Suzanne suggests: Notice head bowed toward navel area.

I have to take a break from the forum for a couple of days. See you all again soon.

Lots of Love, Suzanne

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:59 am
Profile Personal album

Post Christian/Islam and psychological types
Remo mentions here above Jung's discussion of the execution of the Arab cutting Christian off and locking him in "thinking" type - power action. From the group I mentioned which I have been writing about in Israel which wants to break with the U.S. I received an image which united Christian and Islam one on each side of the Seal of Solomon:

The Seal of Solomon here is exactly on the same function as Brahma in the East: Brahma is the middle element uniting the rising functions of the Right, identified as Vichnu, with the receding functions of the left, identified as Shiva. Without the benign element in the center each runs into danger and this could describe our world today. This can be seen in mathematics as < for receding numbers karma and > for rising karma held together by zero - 0. <0> Creche scene does this as well with "deathless child" in the middle of Mary and Joseph. In the situation today the cross and crescent moon cannot be united without the Seal of Solomon.

They also use this symbol:

Which is very similar to this, the Mandala of the Goddess Vajravarahi:

There is a bumper sticker in the U.S. and probably all over which says "coexists" with different religious symbols, but they lack the dynamic arrangement needed for one to awaken and elicit the other and bring to wholeness.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Unification of Christianity, Judaism and Islam
Bernie

Bernie Quigley wrote:
Remo mentions here above Jung's discussion of the execution of the Arab cutting Christian off and locking him in "thinking" type - power action. From the group I mentioned which I have been writing about in Israel which wants to break with the U.S. I received an image which united Christian and Islam one on each side of the Seal of Solomon:

Yes, this corresponds to my vision with the difference that I do not regard the Seal as the symbol of Judaism alone. As Gershom Sholem writes, it is not at all a symbol of Judaism. It entered Judaism relatively late; it seems with East Euroean Chassidism. I have seen this symbol in the Ghetto of Prague; however, it was not blue but yellow.

Here Gershom Sholem's comment:

Quote:
Neither in the magical papyri nor in the oldest sources of Jewish magic does the hexagram appear, but it began to figure as a magical sign from the early Middle Ages. Among Jewish emblems from Hellenistic times … both hexagram and pentagram are missing.
The use of the hexagram as an alchemical symbol denoting the harmony between the antagonistic elements of water and fire became current in the later 17th century, but this had no influence in Jewish circles. Many alchemists, too, began calling it the “Shield of David” (traceable since 1724). But another symbolism sprang up in Kabbalistic circles, where the 'Shield of David’ became the “Shield of the son of David,” the Messiah. Whether this usage was current in Orthodox circles too is not certain, though not impossible. [G.Sch., Kabbalah, Keter Publishing House, Jerusalem, 1994, p. 362 & p. 367]

We find the Seal in the mysticism of Islam, in Sufism, in the mysticism of Judaism, in the Cabbalah, in the mysticism of Christianity, in the Swiss saint Nicholas von Flue's Radbild (the image of the wheel) and in Buddhist and Hindu Tantrism. In all these five world religions the Seal belongs to the heart. Since the mystic tradition tells us that only in the heart the unification of the (Eros) ego with the god and/or the goddess is possible, it is the heart, ie the Eros ego that overcomes the split between Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

Of course not the officials of these religions -- and neither the Jungians -- will reach this goal. Only "the far-outers, castaways, outcasts, pariahs" (see my dream at the beginning of this thread, in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ght=#10537 ) can reach this goal of the union with the Eros Self -- archetypally expressed in the figures of "Ismael," the Arab, the Ethiopian, Osiris/Anubis.

The result will be a unification of the three semitic religions with Buddhism and Hinduism -- however on the basis of an individual and mystical relationship with God and/or the Goddess [with the world soul, the energetic principle of the psychophysical reality (W. Pauli) or unus mundus (Dorneus/Jung)].

Of course, in this challenge official U.S. does not have any task to fulfil. I think that this is the archetypal background of the idea of the group in Israel, which wants to break with the U.S. But for my taste all this is a little too much concretized.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:12 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Dream and Sync of 3/3 and carnival
I would now like to go on with the description of my situation between 1979 and 1982. First I would like to bring the events into a chronological order:

As we remember, on Feb 10, 1979 I experienced the synchronicities with Magritte's Le Principe du Plaisir and Castaneda's The Teachings of Don Juan [Matus].

Already eight days before, on Feb 2, 1979 I had the following dream that initialized my reserach I am talking about in this thread. I dreamed:

Quote:
Dream and synchronicity of 3/3 = carnival

I am with a (masculine) depth psychologist. He shows me the solution of what he calls "the problem of synchronicity." It consists of a series of whole numbers respectively dates. The last of them is 3.3. (1979?).

After this dream but on the same day another, a feminine depth psychologist with whom I discussed the synchronicity problem very intensely before phones and reminds me that I promised her to play my Schwyzerörgeli at a party given by her. The party takes place on -- 3.3.1979 (written in the European way). Further she tells me that at this date there is also the main party of -- carnival!

These dreams went on and on after the first above. They ended when I realized the above mentioned two Seals of Solomon as the background of what I call today the twin process. The first one looks like this:

{inner spirit-psyche -> matter-psyche}
and
{matter-psyche -> inner/outer spirit-psyche with altered order}

It describes in a neutral language the situation, in which synchronicities are constellated. As long as their meaning is not realized, the altered order becomes destructive. If, however, the meaning of the synchronicity is realized, i.e., the inner quantum leap in the mind happens and the meaning becomes conscious, the altered order of inner spirit-psyche becomes constructive.

I mentioned these two possible results in the post quoted below: Synchronicities that are not realized in the course of time lead to destructive results. This is why it is of urgent necessity to realize their meaning.

One good example is Jan's #137 / death synchronicity described in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ght=#10598 (and corresponding to Wolfgang Pauli's similar synchronicity). Jan, in contrast to Pauli, was able to realize its meaning and thus is now much more protected against destructive developments.

What the dream does not talk of and what I needed much time to realize is the fact that there exists also another process. First I called it “synchronous synchronicity” (also as a result of a corresponding dream) since in contrast to most synchronicities the two events in fact happen synchronous.

This process belongs to the world of physical energy and/or the world of the human body and looks like this:

{outer spirit-psyche -> matter-psyche}
and
{matter-psyche -> outer spirit-psyche with increased order}

In this process outer spirit-psyche = physical energy gets a different order. This means that the result, outer spirit-psyche (physical energy) behaves according to new physical laws not yet known.

In the unconscious and thus destructive case, it is the Pauli effect, and also UFO encounter and abduction. If one becomes conscious of this process – and this was the decisive result of my research of more than three decades -- the result is constructive and corresponds to the results of BCI/SST.

The necessary precondition for these processes is the state of the Eros ego -- symbolically represented by the motif of the carnival and thus of Le principe du plaisir.

Remo

PS: My conscious intention was to chronologically describe the events mentioned in the threads above. However, I felt that I have to follow the flow of the Eros ego, the dimmed ego, and go on in the way I did above. This way I am not only theoretically talking of the Eros ego, but I try to live it.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Post Diamond Female and Diamond Sow
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:33 am
Post Inner Shaman, World Soul Agent
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 am
Founder

Post Re: Empirical Observation of God !!!
Remo Roth wrote:
Yes, this is a good description of the Anthropos or god-man. If we believe in Paracelsus, the Anthropos, in his terms, the Archaeus, has its seat in -- the stomach. Meant is of course the manipura. However, today we have the task to descend even deeper, to the svadhisthana, the water Chakra, and even to the muladhara, the earth Chakra (Remember the earth's king in my vision in Stonehenge).

A similar task is described in the Swiss Saint Nicholas von Flue's vision of the horse that eats the lily (equivalent to the Seal of Solomon) that I described in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... light=#901 .

There I wrote (in 2006):
Quote:
Thus, the real challenge of today is the deification of the body, of this biggest dirt of Christianity! In stercore invenitur, in the dirt of our body we will find the lapis.

This is why I stress so much that we should come down into our belly, where the shit is, where the diabolized sexuality is, where aggression is (we have however to live introvertedly). There is the new Godhead, as already Nicholas von Flue's vision of the lily (the unus mundus!) shows. In this vision the lily grows out of Nicholas mouth, ascends to the Christian Heaven, where it is rejected by the Christian God. Thus, it falls down to the earth and is eaten by his most beloved horse. The renewed God-image, the lily symbolically equivalent to the Seal of Solomon, is now in the belly of the horse...! From there we have to release it.

Symbolically seen the horse is -- as the Centaur symbolism shows -- that what becomes below the head. When we ride it, it is the lower part of us. Thus, the new Godhead -- a union of a god and a goddess -- must be released from the heart and the belly.

This is the task of the near future.

This way, we also understand why Carl Jung reversed the Kundalini process (in Kundalini Yoga). He is right in doing this, because of his Neoplatonic prejudice did however identify the first Chakra muladhara with the Logos ego. What a strange idea! After entering the manipura and the svadhisthana, the former being a symbol of the unio mentalis, the latter of the unio corporalis, we in contrast have the task of the third phase of Gerardus Dorneus' opus, the union with the unus mundus. Entering the muladhara is of course not the re-obtaining of the Logos ego, but what I call the unification of the Eros ego with the Eros Self.

Here, the Neoplatonic Carl Gustav Jung was completely wrong! But Roger's dream of the two spiders with which he re-opened the UNUS MUNDUS forum, is right.

To the latter see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... spider#347

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:10 pm
Founder

Post Re: Empirical Observation of God !!!
Jan & All

Remo Roth wrote:
This way, we also understand why Carl Jung reversed the Kundalini process (in Kundalini Yoga). He is right in doing this, because of his Neoplatonic prejudice did however identify the first Chakra muladhara with the Logos ego. What a strange idea! After entering the manipura and the svadhisthana, the former being a symbol of the unio mentalis, the latter of the unio corporalis, we in contrast have the task of the third phase of Gerardus Dorneus' opus, the union with the unus mundus. Entering the muladhara is of course not the re-obtaining of the Logos ego, but what I call the unification of the Eros ego with the Eros Self.

Junis wrote:
P.S.: I always associated 'unio mentalis' with the upper chakras / upper triad. But this manipura connection (maybe as the place of 'empirical observation') makes a lot of sense to me.

Already in Die Gottsucher I showed that the manipura is the instinctive aspect of the Logos, the latter being identified with the 5th Chakra vishuddha. Thus the energy in the manipura is transformed into the energy in the vishuddha. Or in our terms: Aggressive energy is transformed into the Logos. This is what happened with Wotan when he decided to hang himself into the tree. In psychoanalytical terminology this is the sublimation of the energy in the aggressive sexual drive (male sexuality is always also aggressive) into new insight. This is also what Neoplatonic alchemy or the unio mentalis tried.

The next step is the transformation of sexual energy in the svadhisthana into the Eros, the latter identified with the ajna Chakra. This is equivalent to the goal of Hermetic alchemy, the unio corporalis. This is why women (who mostly are closer to the Eros principle than men) mostly tell me about their opening of the third eye (ie of the ajna Chakra) when this process happens.

And then, I guess that the transformation of the energy in the muladhara into the seventh Chakra, Sahasrara, corresponds to the reunion of the ego with the unus mundus, the third and last process of Gerardus Dorneus.

Thus, we have the following processes:

3rd Chakra > 5th Chakra [= unio mentalis]
2nd Chakra > 6th Chakra [= unio corporalis]
1st Chakra > 7th Chakra [= union of the (Eros) ego with the unus mundus (Eros Self)]

And in all these processes the 4th Chakra anahata, the heart Chakra, containing the Seal of Solomon, is the "transformer."

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:51 am
Profile WWW

Post When the swans came to the lake
When the Tibetan monks first started coming to the West in the '80s and '90s they all had the low heart center of consciousness. You could see it in their expressions; they were fairly egoless. Now, as you can see in this monk's picture, it is in the head. They have been Westerrnized.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Extending the bounds of our mental horizon (Jung)
Yes, Buddhism, at least as it is lived here in the West, is much too much in the head. This shows also the fact that it is the prefered meditation method of intellectuals. My proposal, grown from the above dream of the alternate genesis at the beginning of the thread is different:

We have to come down into the belly. We have to look for what I call the Eros ego, the altered consciousness, in which thinking is consciously repressed. Then, images and inner movies emerge. In contrast to Buddhist meditation, we accept these images as meaningful. They are the content of "Eros thinking." These perceptions we carry over into the Logos ego. This way, the ascent to the upper Chakras happens itself . Then, something happens what I have described in the following part of Return of the World Soul:

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#9679

The main section is the following:

Quote:
Jung further remarks that bees “have no cerebrospinal nervous system at all, but only a double-chain of ganglia.” The latter he compares with the human vegetative nervous system (VNS), which could be the seat of this altered consciousness . Thus he concludes that “Von Frisch’s observations prove the existence of transcerebral thought and perception,” which is located in the VNS.

Already six years earlier, in 1946, Jung expressed a hypothesis, which surely let mainstream scientists and psychoanalysts doubt his mental health. He wrote :

“If the unconscious can contain everything that is known to be a function of consciousness, then we are faced with the possibility that it too, like consciousness, possesses a subject, a sort of ego … a second psychic system coexisting with consciousness … [This would be] of absolutely revolutionary significance in that it could radically alter our view of the world. Even if not more than the perceptions taking place in such a second psychic system were carried over into ego-consciousness, we should have the possibility of enormously extending the bounds of our mental horizon.” [Emphasis mine]

My observations as a psychotherapist and healer confirm Jung’s hypotheses. They show further that this complementary ego, the Eros consciousness has its seat in the belly. Its physiological aspect, i.e., the independency of the brain and its ability to take decisions and influence the inner organs, was first described 25 years ago by Michael D. Gershon . My observations eventually forced me to change the above definition of Eros consciousness or Eros ego complementary to the Logos ego: its sensation function is not related to the CNS, but to the VNS. This means that such an ego bound to live in the vegetative sensation has to be very introverted. In addition to the results of Gershon’s research, my experience showed me that the belly brain, the seat of the Eros ego, is not only the ruler of the inner physiological processes as Gershon thinks, but is also able to produce inner images and specific inner perceptions . The perception of such images and vegetative sensations is only possible because the Eros ego is deeply related to the VNS, to the gut brain or belly brain.

We will see that the definition of Eros consciousness is decisive for the understanding of paranormal events. It helps us understand the Pauli effect, psychokinesis in general, UFO encounter and abduction, and also the method I developed to cure somatic, psychosomatic and specific psychological diseases: Body-Centered Imagination.

Further, I wrote:
Quote:
Such an ego is in fact "alien," since nobody, and especially scientists as well as psychologists, accepts it and thinks that the Logos ego is the only one.

As long as we are not able to accept this ego of "Ismael," of the outcasts in general (see above), we will not really have a breakthrough into a new world view.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Bee decline, cell phones and Anubis
With the definition of the "consciousness of the bees" we are back to the thread
Bee decline, cell phones and Anubis

As we have seen, the fine structure constant -- being a naked number -- is a symbol of the space-, time- and mass-less psychophysical reality or unus mundus. Bees, only possessing some sort of a vegetative nervous system and no brain, "live" in this world.

It seems that with the help of the cell phones -- based on quantum physical technology -- we destroy their world. Thus, we also destroy the psychophysical reality. This is perhaps why it is our urgent task to establish a relationship with

ANUBIS

the God who brings back life to the deceased (living in the psychophysical reality).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:01 am
Profile WWW

Post Archaeologists Unearth Neolithic Henge At Stonehenge
Remo,

Perhaps you are already aware of this but I see it has just been announced (22 July 2010) that Archaeologists Have Discovered A Second Henge At Stonehenge. A vegetative “cry” for more Earth King’s to “oscillate” with the empty center it seems.

Quote:
It's a timber equivalent to Stonehenge. Professor Vince Gaffney University of Birmingham

Quote:
Pan Ku Comes Back as Oscillating Earth King

I felt that the ground with all these heavy and big stones began to oscillate. It was like a series of very heavy earthquakes. Stonehenge went up and down and up and down and up and down. [Today I am reminded of the oscillation symbolism in so many of Wolfgang Pauli's dreams.]

Suddenly I realized that Stonehenge was the crown of the king of the earth living in it and only showing his crown to us.

Gregory

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 am
Founder

Post A New Stonhenge Synchronicity
Gregory

Gregory Sova wrote:
Perhaps you are already aware of this but I see it has just been announced (22 July 2010) that Archaeologists Have Discovered A Second Henge At Stonehenge. A vegetative “cry” for more Earth King’s to “oscillate” with the empty center it seems.

No, I did not notice this yet. Seems to be a further synchronicity with my newest posts and their insights.

I thought the following remark in the above link to be very interesting:
Quote:
Speculation as to why the 4,500-year-old landmark was built will continue for years to come, but various experts believe it was a cemetery for 500 years, from the point of its inception.

This gives us the link to ANUBIS and the Beyond as a part of the psychophysical reality or unus mundus.

It seems that the earth's king or queen, the ruler of the beyond like Anubis, becomes more and more important in our time. Concretly this seems to mean that the relationship with Anubis revives the deceased, and since the Beyond is psychophysically nonlocally connected with the VNS of human beings, also a reincarnation of deceased people into the world of the VNS takes place.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Dream of the Catholic Witch Kidnapping Jung
I feel that I should deal a little more with the time around 1979 and some time before, since then so many important things happened that showed me my real fate. It seems that already then my resistance against this so-called C.G. Jung Institute began. I did not feel this too consciously.

Today, I am sure that this resistance against all these people who think that they "have it" began with a dream. It is the resistance against the disciples who do not doubt whether they have the same "personal equation" like Jung, and thus must find their own way and theory (see my ideas above).

It seems that the resistance began with the above mentioned dream of July 31, 1977:

Quote:
Dream of the old witch that wants to kidnap Carl G. Jung and me:

I am back in the village I grew up after my stay in the sanatorium in Davos. There an immense music festival takes place. It takes 11 hours. It begins already in the morning, at the time of the Catholic mass. I know that a famous jazz saxophonist will play. When the session begins, I realize that the saxophonist is also Jaques Tati. Thus, a “clown saxophonist” plays. I have taken with me my saxophone and hope that I can play with him.

The old witches/bitches of the village do not at all like that during the mass such a wild “negro’s music” is played; especially one, who is a real (negative) witch, a black magician. An old man, in whom I recognize more and more Carl Gustav Jung, sees through this woman. He sees that she shows a very Catholic face, in fact, however, she is a horrible witch.

Quote:
Jolande Jacobi, who converted from Judaism to Catholicism – symbolically seen, from Hermeticism to Neoplatonicism – had the idea that the institute founded in Zurich in 1948 should be named as “Catholic Institute for Analytical Psychology” …

I go on a walk with Carl Jung. Suddenly, the old witch drives by with a Messerschmitt car. She tells us that the concert will begin soon, and that we will be late, unless she will bring us to there with her car.

Quote:
Association: In WW II the Nazis were very successful with their Messerschmitt fighters. They shot down very many of the British fighters, and only the deciphering of the ENIGMA coding machine by the British changed the situation.

As soon as we are in the car, we know that the witch would like to kidnap us. In this really dangerous situation Carl Jung tells me that I should immediately phone to number 11’11’43 to get help. Already in the dream I know that this is my birth date.

It seems that with the help of my “birthday phone number” I am liberated from this horrible witch. However, Carl Jung is not. I see that the witch has hided him under old sacks on a barrow. She would like to bring him into her house, and this way he would disappear from our world. I pull him from this barrow.

A very impressive dream I would like to interpret now.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Incredible Synchronicity With my Birth Date 11-11-43:
I was very impressed by this dream, however did not at all know what it could mean. I must have been so confused by this dream that the next day I forgot to put out the light at my car. I had to order a taxi driver that loaded my battery with his. Then I had to drive around a little to fill the battery completely. With my Australian girl friend I drove accidentally around. At the so-called Forch near Zurich we thought that we stop for a drink.

At the adjacent table of this restaurant with the name “Krone” (crown) – remember the crown of the earth’s king in my vision in Stonehenge (see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ght=#10566 ) – a mentally handicapped man sat. He played with a calculator. He entered some birth dates of his circle of friends. The interesting fact was that with every birth date he identified the respective person almost physically.

Suddenly he said: “Oh, now I have entered 43. This is my birth year. In the meantime the waitress had sat on his table. I thought that I do not hear correctly when she spontaneously said: “Oh, now you have entered November 11 (1111), is this your birthday?”

All this my girl friend also heard, and she can confirm the synchronistic event.

I always liked Jung's interpretation of "car." In German it is "Auto," and Jung interprets as "automatism." Thus, my automatism was the habitude to be in the Logos ego. And like all the other mentioned events the symbolism here also means that I had too much light (Logos), and thus the "automatism" of being "enlightened" by intellectualism had to be overcome. Since I did not realize this consciously, it happened automatically/unconsciously.

Thus, my "real car" has to do with my birth date. I will interpret this motif below.

Remo

PS: See also The 11:11 Phenomenon

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Objective Interpretation of the Dream
For many years I pondered on this dream without finding a correct interpretation. Of course I took it first subjectively (“subjektstufig” in German) and looked for the witch in me.

When, some years later (I think in 1982), I told the dream to Marie-Louise von Franz, I was very surprised that she interpreted the dream in an objective way (“objektstufig” in German). This means that she interpreted the witch in my dream as the real witches at the C.G. Jung Institute!

With this support of the great collaborator of Carl G. Jung I would like now, 33 (!) years after the event, to try to interpret the dream and the synchronicity.

Remo

PS: I did not consciously decide to interpret the dream exactly 33 years after it happened. Thus, I conclude that the preconscious knowledge of the unconscious would like to tell me that all this is really connected to 3/3, ie. my hypothesis that physical energy as well as objective psychic energy are compensated by magic energy (matter-psyche; the energy of the psychophysical reality).

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Logos Ego and the Destructive Catholic Witch
The beginning of a dream mostly talks about the constellated problem. The time in the dream is the time after my stay in the sanatorium in Davos. During this time I was forced into an intellectual habitude in school. Though being a feeling/intuition type, I had to develop thinking (and also sensation). It was some sort of a rape, and it was this rape that eventually led to my breakdown in 1972. Thus, the problem is the split between Logos and Eros.

This is the subjective aspect of the dream. Since, however, MLvF took it objectively, we can also see the main problem of the C.G. Jung Institute at that time (and nothing changed in the meantime). The problem was and still is what I described as the Neoplatonic tendency in Jung and in the Jungians of today. This way they intellectualize Jung’s depth psychology; and they especially repress the Hermetic aspect of it. This means that the feeling function and what I call (introverted) vegetative sensation is repressed and devaluated. Further, sexuality (as the instinctive root of the Eros ego) is completely repressed (surely also as a result of the resistance against Sigmund Freud). Logos is the king in this institute, and the earth's queen and the Eros ego – what Jung called the “abaissement du niveau mental, a slackening of the tensity of consciousness” – are devaluated and repressed. Of course like this neither the Eros Self plays any role in the scripts and talks of Jungians.

Thus, the C.G. Jung Institute has become “Catholic.” This means that Jungians parrot the master’s theory like a Catholic mass; however, this “rite” has lost its meaning, especially since the transformation of sexuality does not play any role in it. Everything has become “fart dry” (as we say in Swiss German), as for example the contents of Shamdasani’s books.

The compensation to this intellectualizing manner is the repressed Hermeticism that is presented in the dream as the destructive witch, the shadow of Catholic mentality. She does not at all like the living of real and archaic feelings as demonstrated in the dream as the combination of Jazz with the quiet wit of the French film maker Jacques Tati.

The “clown saxophonist” in the dream is a very interesting subject. With saxophone -- I played it myself -- I always associated “Eros” (including its instinctive aspect, sexuality). Already in my teenies I liked the “horn” of Coleman Hawkins since its sound is so erotic (the “horny horn!”). My favorite song was Body and Soul, a melody with an incredibly erotic expression when played by Hawkins (listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjqbauEPLA ) and you know what I mean.

Today I know that already 50 years ago I was so fascinated by Body and Soul since it was and still is my task to develop the method that I call Body-Centered Imagination (or Symptom-Symbol Transformation in the case of physical disease). The basis of it is what I call the vegetative body, the “inside of the body” (or also the subtle body). To be in a relationship with it one has to live the above mentioned “abaissement du niveau mental, the slackening of the tensity of consciousness,” which is in fact a different consciousness to the Logos ego (with thinking, sensation, intuition as the conscious functions and feeling as the inferior and thus repressed function). It is the Eros ego, with its main functions feeling and vegetative sensation. As long as one is in the Eros ego, one represses the thinking function consciously. This way, in the process I call Body-Centered Imagination, the “images out of the belly” can emerge – and it is in this way that healing is reached.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Living the Fool Percival
It is obvious that the dream leads us back to my concussion in 1982 – the year I renounced the diploma of the so-called C.G. Jung Institute – and the result of the BCI after it: The clown/fool/trickster who said that my not thinking head is the real I (see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ght=#10566 ). The crown of the head of the earth’s king (or queen), Stonehenge, and the fool are one. Of course this symbolism was an anticipation of my definition of the Eros ego/Eros Self bipolarity (or better: unification).

Astrologically seen, the birth date defines the specific personality of an individual. The synchronicity combined the fool with my birth date. Thus, it was and still is my individual fate to live the fool. This I do in my work as a healer, in applying Body-Centered Imagination and Symptom-Symbol Transformation. Since because of my physical handicap I had also to develop the thinking function, I have also the fate to describe all this theoretically. This way, the Logos ego and the Eros ego come again together.

The dream describes this task as the prevention of Carl Gustav Jung from being devoured by the witch, the latter being Neoplatonic depth psychology compensated by repressed and thus destrucive Hermetic magic. In my newest manuscript (not yet published) I began with this work, which means that I show the unconscious mix of Neoplatonic and Hermetic world views in his work. Only this differentiation, ie the separation of Neoplatonic depth psychology from Hermetic magic, will help us to clarify his work and to advance to a Hermetic science. It is a historical fact that it was exactly this progress that Wolfgang Pauli saw as the inclusion of Hermetic magic into science.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:07 am
Founder

Post Re: Bees and #137: Karl von Frisch and Arnold Sommerfeld
Jan
Junis wrote:
The Sommerfeld bust is in a different building about half a mile from the main one. It belongs to the math department, and as I was not studying math anymore while in Munich, I would have never gone there, if chance had not let me end up in the Arnold Sommerfeld auditorium (right behind the bust) for one single lecture on developmental psychology (they had to transfer the lecture to that place due to lack of space). What I most vividly remember from that lecture is several baby carriages outside the door and baby cries inside the lecture hall, serving as somewhat of an ancient Greek choir to the professor's monotonous rhetorics. A lot of students studying developmental psychology are, of course, actually moms.

Very funny synchronicity. At least I see it like this.

Sommerfeld's fine structure constant belongs, as we know, to the psychophysical reality or unus mundus, the space-, time- and massless realm to which also the Beyond belongs.

On the other hand, babies belong to what a student of Jung, Esther Harding, called the autos, an ego compensatory to the ego that develops at about 3 years. I would say that when entering the Eros ego we consciously return to this "baby consciousness."

And it is of course the same as the "bee's consciousness."

Remo

PS: I like it very much how this thread develops in a completely synchronistic manner. The "other Genesis" develops -- itself!

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:46 am
Profile WWW

Post Growing an Ego
Quote:
Remo wrote:

On the other hand, babies belong to what a student of Jung, Esther Harding, called the autos, an ego compensatory to the ego that develops at about 3 years. I would say that when entering the Eros ego we consciously return to this "baby consciousness.

And it is of course the same as the "bee's consciousness."

I have a memory from early childhood, which has always seemed to me to be significant. I must have been about 3 or 4 years old, and on holiday with my family. We were at a seaside resort, and visited a fairground in the evening. I remember that I did not yet interact with people, at least not strangers. If anyone spoke to me, my mother would answer for me. I had become aware of this. I remember that I had previously wanted to go on a roundabout. I wasn't able to do this on my own, but I think someone lifted me onto the model horse, and went round with me. Unfortunately, it made me ill - I think that I vomited. My parents were very protective, and had told me that dodgem cars were dangerous, as people could injure their backs when the cars collided. I remember standing next to my mother near the dodgem cars. The man operating them turned to me and asked me whether I would like to have a ride. I waited for my mother to answer him, but she was distracted, and didn't notice. So I answered myself. I tried to explain that they were unsafe, and might also make me ill, like the roundabout. I then became really upset, afraid he would not understand, and that he would be terribly offended. I can't remember his response - I doubt that he was very concerned.

Later, back in the boarding house, I felt that something terrible had happened, and that nothing could ever be the same again. I buried my head in the pillow, and tried to explain to my mother what I was so upset about. Some sort of innocence had been lost, and I would now have to interact with other people, leading to conflicts. She thought that I was just being awkward, and got quite angry, so I shut up. I think that the memory just faded over a few days. But I have always felt that this was a critical transition of some sort.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited by Patrick Booker on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

I am trying to remember the details more clearly. I described the location as a fairground, but I think that it was permanent - maybe amusement park would be more accurate. I am not sure whether my sister was present - she might even remember the incident. The town was probably Bridlington (home of Sir George Ripley at one time, a famous alchemist), where we usually went. I can't be absolutely certain though - we did sometimes take holidays in other seaside towns.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Post Mother
Patrick - I am probably kind of a mother boy but have pretty much the same feeling of transition of letting go mother's hand. Life was perfect when I sat under the table while my mother was ironing, watching "the hearings" on TV, even tho the commies were supposed to be coming. Bear in mind that I did not particularly like my parents and left home the moment I could. Possibly an Irish thing to see mother as the cosmos and men just helpers and protectors/warriors and not really real but I still feel that. Feel life alternates into death mother/son, father/daughter, one in the unconscious, one outside, alternating over lifetimes. My mother always seemed to know where I was even years after I left home. Felt a need to get away but for adventure and have always seen life as an adventure; really as something trivial and unimportant and secondary and profane compared to sitting under the table in my mother's presence. The pianist Van Cliborn stayed up with his mother all night until dawn every night until she was 100. He was playing in a concert in NY and he stopped, feeling a shock and felt she had died. She had died in Texas and he experienced it. Maybe all men have that and men with strong, organic anima have it stronger. When I was a waiter in college Sunday night was a night in Philadelphia for gay men to come to the restaurant with their mothers. The joy they felt in each other's presence was pure love. I felt the same when my daughter was born and still do. When John Lennon came to America he wrote the heart-breaking song "Mother" - it started with four bongs from Big Ben. In leaving England for NY he was leaving Mother. In entering NY and perhaps all do he entered Mother's negative face (politics) and let go Earth Mother's hand.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 pm
Profile WWW

I hadn't really thought about it in those terms. I thought of it as a first stirring of a sense of a more separate consciousness, but you are right - the separation is from one's mother initially. There is a symbolic aptness in the event that I hadn't seen. Lovely photograph.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am
Founder

Post The Seventh Cross Image of 1973
I would like now to order the above events, dreams and synchronicities chronologically:

1. The "cross images" that I painted in a mood of half-trance in the year 1973, during my decisive life crisis that led me to Carl Jung's depth psychology. The second I posted above (the first three are alike; however I colored the second). Here, I would like to post another one, the seventh cross image, since it symbolizes and anticipates my later research during the following years and decades: On Hermetic alchemy with its magic energetic principle that I call matter-psyche in a "neutral language" (W. Pauli):

As I realized later, the eye in the earth -- remember the Stonehenge king or queen in the earth -- corresponds to the four colors of Hermetic alchemy: black for the nigredo, white for the albedo, yellow for the citrinitas and red for the rubedo. There is further a fifth phase, represented by the green cross/tree that seems obviously to grow out of this alchemical four colored eye in the earth. It is, as I also much later realized, the benedicta viriditas, the blessed greenness, of Hildegard von Bingen. Also in the opus of the Sufis the last phase is green.

I should add that I did not now anything about alchemy when I painted this image. Of Jung's work I had only read parts of the typology (I think it was Chapter X) and The Relations Between the Ego and the Unconscious in CW 7 (of course in German). Thus, we can exclude the fact of kryptomnesia [remembering forgotten contents of the memory; mostly used as an argument against the preconscious knowledge of the unconscious (C.G. Jung)]. All the contents of the collective unconscious described in the cross images thus entered my consciousness in an absolutely a-causal way. In a spontaneous act the knowledge of Hermetic alchemy invaded my ego with these symbolic images never consciously known. In total there were nine cross images, and then also in half-trance I painted the mandala Mr. Roth has married Mrs. White, which is my Avatar (see on the right).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The red embryo as the pupilla
In the image of which Marie-Louise von Franz was deeply impressed, there is also the "red embryo", and it is painted as the "pupilla". Only later I realized that Carl Jung identified the pupilla on the stone in the Turm of Bollingen with the Telesphorus of Aesculapius, the archetype of the physician. In MDR [Fontana Press, 1995, p. 253-254] he writes that the first thing that occured to him when he had found the stone, was the following:

My son Simon, then 9 1/2 years old, spontaneously mounted the stone; thus I took a photo.
[Suzanne, could you tell me how to make the photo brighter? I do not know how.]

Quote:
"Here stands the mean uncomely stone,
'Tis very cheap in price!
The more it is despised by fools,
The more loved by the wise."

Then he writes that this verse refers to the alchemist's stone, the lapis, which is despised and rejected. In the German original he adds that it is despised and rejected "by the ignorants." Strange that exactly this passage has been deleted by the English publisher ...

I began to realize that exactly this happened and still happens to me. The "ignorants" who believe to know everything re: Jung's depth psychology do not accept that there could be a continuation of his work, in which one tries to differentiate the depth psychologists very enigmatic and contradicting theory (for example the use of causal and a-causal interpretation for the same phenomena, the development of the Self during the Christian aeon).

Jung goes on in describing how he created the stone:

Quote:
"Soon something else emerged. I began to see on the front face, in the natural structure of the stone, a small circle, a sort of eye [!!!; RFR], which looked at me. I chiselled it into the stone, and in the centre made a tiny homunculus. This corresponds to the 'little doll' (pupilla) -- yourself -- which you see in the pupil of another's eye; a kind of Kabir, or the Telesphoros of Asklepios. Ancient statues show him wearing a hooded cloak and carrying a lantern. At the same time he is a pointer on the way."

Then, he describes how during chiselling the dedications came to his mind, and he chiselled them also into the stone. They first has to do with the phenomenon of time ("Time is a child ... this is Telesphoros"). And then, the second dedication:

Quote:
"I am an orphan, alone; nevertheless I am found everywhere ... I have known neither father nor mother, because I have had to be fetched out of the deep like a fish, or fell like a white stone from heaven. In woods and mountains I roam, but I am hidden in the innermost soul of man. I am a mortal for everyone, yet I am not touched by the cycle of aeons."

And I began to understand what the mountain and the "cross-tree" in the seveth cross image symbolize. I began to understand my fate as an orphan in my childhood, and also now. I began to realize that what I am suffering and writing about is not only my fate, but the fate of some other people in the world who feel similar. This way, I decided to take the lantern of the pupilla/Kabir/Telesphoros and began to publish in the internet.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Founder

A nice image of the Kabir Jung/Kerenyi took for their book about mythology:

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The red embryo as the pupilla - brighter
Remo Roth wrote:
In the image of which Marie-Louise von Franz was deeply impressed, there is also the "red embryo", and it is painted as the "pupilla". Only later I realized that Carl Jung identified the pupilla on the stone in the Turm of Bollingen with the Telesphorus of Aesculapius, the archetype of the physician. In MDR [Fontana Press, 1995, p. 253-254] he writes that the first thing that occured to him when he had found the stone, was the following:

My son Simon, then 9 1/2 years old, spontaneously mounted the stone; thus I took a photo.
[Suzanne, could you tell me how to make the photo brighter? I do not know how.]

Remo

Hi Remo, I right-clicked on your son's image above and saved it to My Pictures folder on my computer. Then I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager to make it a bit larger and brighten it. There are other picture programs that can do even more things. Picture Manager is very common since so many people use Microsoft Office. I have a fancier one for more elaborate effects. But it only takes a few days practice to figure out the basics of the more basic Picture Manager.

Since the peculiar browser problem is still acting up that I described a little while ago over on the Ann-Suzanne Blog to Jan and Michael, I had to do some viewing tricks like using "Cache" instead of a direct link from Google search that was landing me on offensive commercial sites. Even so, some very interesting results came from my searching for Telesphorus.

Notice the similarity in Simon's pose with a smile
and this lonesome "orphan" Telesphorus minus a smile.

Telesphorus - can mean bearing fruit or bringing to completion.

This image had the word "creativity" as its hidden title.

Gates of the Sun

How, in practice, will the integration of Buddhism and Western culture come about?

Bodhivajra describes his own experience.

In the summer of 1986, on a solitary retreat in a cottage on the Yorkshire moors in northern England, I read Carl Jung’s Memories, Dreams, Reflections, an extraordinary, powerful book which I found so exciting I could hardly put it down. This book, this journey into the unconscious, suddenly presented me with a verse about someone called Telesphoros.

This is Telesphoros, who roams through the dark regions of this cosmos and glows like a star out of the depths. He points the way to the gates of the sun and to the land of dreams.

I had never heard this name before, as far as I knew, but it made a very strong impression on me. Immediately I had a desire to create some music based on those words. It didn’t seem enough just to receive what Jung had said; I wanted to create Telesphoros in a musical form. Because the image of Telesphoros had appeared within me, I wanted to pay honour to it.

I wasn’t satisfied with the music I wrote then, and it wasn’t until 1990 that I found another opportunity to bring Telesphoros into a musical work. I began to write Carpe Diem, a choral piece which started life as an exploration of the theme of impermanence, with words from the Odes of Horace as a starting point. But then Telesphoros reappeared in my imagination, and although I couldn’t yet see how it would tie in with the existing Carpe Diem music, I was determined to find a much more satisfying music than my earlier attempt.

Although I was using as text just two sentences, this expanded into three musical sections. The first is an improvised invocation to Telesphoros using wordless sounds from the choir which gradually turn into the syllables of Telesphoros’s name. During this section Telesphoros appears, brought into being by the repetition of his name. The second section shows Telesphoros ‘roaming through the darkness’ and ‘shining like a Star’. In the third section, a jazz-based instrumental piece leads into the ‘Gates of the Sun’ and the ‘Land of Dreams’.

These three musical sections effect a movement from the depths to the heights. The heights cannot be experienced without having established roots which reach right down into the depths.<<<This is like my signature quote after all my forum posts: "Only if a man dares to entrust himself again to the depth of his origin can he reach the height for which he was destined." Karlfried Graf Durckheim] Telesphoros symbolizes this movement because he is both darkness and light, both death and life. He appears from the depths in a dark, hooded cloak, his face hidden from view because it is a face of death, while at the same time his light dispels fear and he points upwards to the sun-drenched heights. He is equally at home in the depths and the heights, and is thus a symbol of integration, a ‘marriage’ of heaven and hell.

This, of course, is my own vision or experience of Telesphoros; unsurprisingly, the picture I have of him in my mind’s eye doesn’t completely tie up with traditional Greek images. Traditionally he is depicted as a child, wearing a hooded cloak and carrying a light. One account describes his connection with Asklepios, the god of healing: Asklepios dies at winter time and is reborn as the child Telesphoros in the spring.

Telesphoros and his new music became for me the most important part of Carpe Diem, to the extent that I considered renaming the whole work (which was performed on FWBO Day 1992). The rhythmic energy, vitality, and freedom expressed in Carpe Diem in the later sections through the words of Walt Whitman come directly from the power of Telesphoros the Healer, whose season is the spring.

‘Telesphoros’ can mean ‘the one who brings to an end’ or ‘the one who brings to fulfillment’. As a god of healing, he brings sickness to an end; by restoring health he brings about a fulfillment, making whole someone who has been ill. In his lecture The Archetype of the Divine Healer, Sangharakshita makes the point that the Greek cult of Asklepios was both a system of medicine and a religion. A doctor was also a priest, a patient also a worshipper.

Telesphoros has also been described as "the personification of the hidden sustaining vital force upon which depends the recovery of the sick", So Telesphoros (or any other archetypal ’divine healer’ ) does not cure us miraculously, but alerts us to the hidden sustaining vital force within us which will make its whole or bring us to fulfillment. This vital force is our life-blood, our faith, our creative energy, our desire for truth and fulfillment When we are in contact with it, we feel healthy, happy, and vital.

For me Telesphoros ’works’ just as archetypal Buddha and Bodhisattva figures ’work’. Just as Shakyamuni, Vajrasattva, and Padmasambhava uplift and inspire me, so too Telesphoros awakens me, gives me a taste of freedom, encourages my highest aspirations. Telesphoros is a figure from the Western cultural tradition who has made a dramatic appearance in my imagination and affected me deeply. My experience convinces me that if, as Sangharakshita suggests in his essay Buddhism and William Blake, "Buddhism will not really spread in the West until it speaks the language of Western culture" it is important to allow Western archetypes into our minds and hearts, and into our practice, without being afraid that they are ‘non-Buddhist’.

Bodhivajra lives In Norwich, where he teaches piano and jazz improvisation courses, as well as spending as much time as possible writing music.

Reprinted from Golden Drum 33.

Now, all of a sudden, direct link instead a cache is working,
so here is where to see the original copy of this amazing essay:

http://fwbo.org/articles/gates_of_the_sun.html

Suzanne

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:01 am
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next