UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:11 pm

[ 20 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 My Dream With the Big Black Cube On my Back 
Founder

Post My Dream With the Big Black Cube On my Back
Today, at my 67th birthday, in connection with the thread about the CERN strangelets (see viewtopic.php?t=1014 ), and especially with the Kappa-Yoda Force described in it, I would like to tell you the following dream:

On Nov 21, 1981, shortly before I decided to resign the diploma of the Zurich C.G. Jung Institute because of scientific and ethical reasons, I dreamt the following dream. It has to do with Saint Christopher and his task whom I associated with in viewtopic.php?p=11534&highlight=#11534 .

Dream of the heavy black cube I am carrying on my back, from Nov 21, 1981:
It seems that I have to gather information about the diploma’s celebration of the C.G. Jung Institute. One of the officials there, a woman I had heavy fights with (and who IMO is psychotic) tells me that first a Catholic mess takes place. It begins five minutes before nine o’clock.

Quote:
This woman was an extreme Catholic, and all the time she hawked around with the idea that the institute must become much more Catholic. This was one of her ideas, which made me furious, since like Wolfgang Pauli I thought that such an institute should be as scientific as possible.

With the motif of the Catholic mess I also associated a dream I had on Jan 26, 1975 – one of my first dreams I wrote down.

Dream of the reincarnation of Jesus Christ with seven of his nine disciples:
In it Jesus Christ comes to me. He lives during the time between his crucifixion and resurrection. The funny motif in the dream is that it is said that Christ comes back to “the seven of his nine disciples that had been faithful to him.”

Quote:
Association: My spontaneous association with the two numbers was 7 being the number of Christianity (e.g. in the Apocalypse), and 9 being the number of Shamanism. With the two I associated Judas and Peter (who in fact had betrayed him).

Further, I had the idea that I would be Saint Thomas. My mother always called me like this since I never believed anything. My fate is, as it was Jung’s, that I need to get knowledge about “God;” I cannot believe in any god.

The disciples have gathered together in my office (in my flat). Together with Jesus Christ they come into my bedroom and leave it through the window. It is the way my cats always take.

Jesus Christ has a halo; and this halo baths the bedroom in twilight. I try to turn on the light, but Jesus Christ has the power to prevent it.

Remark: Three weeks later, on 14.2.75 I had the dream about "what comes behind the Self;" see viewtopic.php?p=11493&highlight=#11493 .

In the next scene of the dream I have to mount a big mountain. With me is Gen B. who in fact precedes me.

Quote:
Some years after this dream Gen had an accident and became a quadriplegic. He decided to commit suicide – leaving behind him his wife and his two children.

Remark of today: In the course of time I realized that this had been my fate if I had taken the diploma of the Zurich C.G. Jung Institute …

Gen tells me that at the top of this mountain there is a canyon. This canyon one has to cross and then one has taken the diploma.

Quote:
Association: The “Teufelsbrücke,” the devil’s bridge, at Saint Gotthard, the most important mountain pass of Switzerland.

From below I see Gen crossing the bridge. I realize that the bridge is very narrow, but since it has a hand rail it is not at all dangerous to cross the canyon on it.

I, however, do not have the force to climb up the mountain anymore. I realize that in contrast to Gen I carry a heavy burden on my back. It looks like an incredibly big black cube. Since I am so tired I decide to rest near a mountain chapel I see besides the small path.

Quote:
Association: Yesterday [i.e., on Nov 21, 1981] I was reminded of Saint Christopher and the story one tells of him here in Switzerland: He crossed the river with Jesus Christ on his back not knowing that it was him. Christ became heavier and heavier. On the other side Christopher said to the child: “How heavy you are. I thought that I have carried the whole world on my back.” Jesus Christ answered: “You did not only carry the whole world, you have carried the creator of the world on your back.”

Quote:
Amplifications:

With the black cube I spontaneously associated the K’aaba, the most holy sanctuary of the Islam in Mekka. Thus, to me it corresponds to the “Muslim New Jerusalem.” Today I would say that it is a symbol of what I call the Eros Self.
My friend, Dr. Dieter Baumann, the eldest grandson of Jung told me further that to Jung the cube was “the one that always remains itself.” (Jenes, das immer sich selbst bleibt). This way, it is also a symbol of the inferior function.
Today I know that meant was what I call today the vegetative sensation, this inner sense organ that can sense the vegetative body.

In hexagram #2, stroke 2 the I Ging tells us the following about the cube:

The Receptive [i.e. the cube; RFR] accommodates itself to the qualities of the Creative and makes them its own … This is compliance with the laws of the Creative; nothing is taken away, nothing added. Therefore the Receptive has no need of a special purpose of its own, nor of
any effort' yet everything turns out as it should ... Man achieves the height of
wisdom when all that he does is as self-evident as what nature does.

To me these sentences of the I Ging mean that one has just to observe the self-fertility of the World Soul. This way one becomes a co-creator with Her. It is the principle of the method I call Body-Centered Imagination.

Quote:
Further associations:
Spontaneously I also associated a dream of May 18, 1983: In it I was able to psychokinetically morph a cube with the help of my hands. Thus, there must be an ability to have control over psychokinetic events. Up until today I do not yet understand this motif. However, I think that it has to do with the synchronicities with the Kappa-Yoda lady I described in … Further I was reminded of a dream of May 13, 1984, in which there was a UFO of which the middle part was also a cube. I concluded that the term “UFO” and the vegetative sensation must belong together. The “inner UFO” must have something to do with the ability to control psychokinetic phenomena.

The dream shows my fate I had to live since then. Today, 29 years after the dream, I understand it much better, though I do not yet really understand the aspect of psychokinesis. As I mentioned above, it must have to do with my Kappa-Yoda lady synchronicities described in viewtopic.php?t=1014 .

In the following I will give some further interpretative remarks.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:58 am
Profile WWW

Post Crossing the river . . .
Years back had morning conversations with an old friend who in his 80s was finishing a book on race in America (Tom Gossett's "Race: The History of an idea in America" Oxford Press). He talked about how the image of Eliza, in the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin published in 1852, escaping to freedom with her son George by crossing a river by jumping on ice floes, became a global fad and was represented every where, even in tsarist Russia where it was reproduced on cigar wrappers. Eliza crossing the river represented a shift in consciousness, not only in America, but everywhere and the modern world can be seen to start from this image.

My memories of St. Christopher - it is a very similar archetype; St.Christopher carries the "deathless child" who carries the world and so does Eliza and the world will awaken again by crossing the river. We are at such a time again.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 am
Profile WWW

Diploma :

In his book "Coran teint", Etienne Perrot says :

" Qui est Jesus ? un charpentier, un non-prêtre, un non-docteur,un sans-diplôme. "
( in english : "who is Jesus? a carpenter, a non-priest, a non-doctor, without qualification." )

In this book, he uses this expression : "Science non-science "

Cube and Christ :

In his book "Les trois pommes d'or", Etienne Perrot comments emblems of Atalante Fugiens :

extract :
" [...]But what gives the characteristic appearance of engraving, these are the three stones that fly in the air, like three wild ducks. This omnipresence of the stone, which defies the laws of gravity, remind us that what we seek is a mind with body density, or, if preferred, a glorified body, freed from servitude of this transient world. Jung has reminded us: the stone is a symbol of Christ, God incarnate, or, as the points of view, Christ is a specification of the archetype of the self represented by the Stone. So we can inform our image using the short form of meditation in prayer that is attributed to Ireland's patron, Saint Patrick: "Jesus Christ on high; Jesus Christ down; Jesus Christ left; Jesus Christ to the right, Jesus Christ before, Jesus Christ behind "which is a way of showing the man surrounded, enveloped, assailed by the strong light, by the tiles of lightning, by eagles .[...]"

Catholic mess

Maybe this can reduce the mass weight of the stone

it reminds me of Annick de Souzenelle theories concerning the transition from 6 to 7.

Christopher

I have a book that I have not read, entitled "Christophe le passeur" by Charles Baudouin.

Last edited by fox on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 am

Post Synchronicity !
I decided to put my books : in seeing "La voie de la transformation " of Etienne Perrot, I sensed that I must open it. I open the middle, I turned the page and I see again the image of the emblem 36, the Atalante Fugitive (see my previous post). I decided to read the pages that follow. Etienne Perrot speaks about Saint Christophe!

extract:

"The monkey holds a special place in creation: it is a flexible animal, cheeky, bold, and at once so close to the man they wanted to make him our ancestor. At last, it seems that there is anything but abandoned. The monkey can be used to include a man who would become so well connected to the Unconscious in him that would evolve with the same agility, with the same accuracy as instinctive monkeys.

The old alchemists had grasped that, like so many other things. While the church offered to model the hieratic figure of Christ (which they found they, too, in their stone, the god mineralized ), they worshiped,concurremment , monkeys in which they saw the figure of the alchemist reached end.To get this blasphemy, they explained that the adept is the imitator, the Monkey God

[...] God has made the macrocosm, the hermetic artist produces the microcosm, the spherical and square stone, the self that brings heaven and earth. The hermetic authors also found a valuable reference in Christianity, as some icons represent under the guise of cynocephalus monkey one of the great archetypal figures of the Christian soul: St. Christopher, Greek Christophoros, is Christ, which strongly resembles Chrysophoros, carrying gold, and means the same thing, gold is the spiritual sun, as Christ. [...]

Chewbacca, in my recent dream, the cynocephalus monkey, could perharps, represent St Christopher.

:-)

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:33 pm

This is my third attempt at responding to Remo's posts which immediately followed mine above.

Are we all dreaming the same dream, in different combinations of symbols/pictures? I have strong and direct experiential associations (including dreams) with so much of what has been said in your articles and the discussions here on this forum. I don't know where to begin. But, because of this last 2 + years in continuous synchronicity (a term I learned here), as well as some psychokinetic occurrences, the urge to speak and break the personally draining isolation here with all of you is strong, even urgent. Also, it feels as though there may be some responsibility attached to the overwhelming 'accidental' situation in which I find myself. I don't know.

One of the obstacles I'm not sure how to handle, is the fact that there is a quite literal 'trail' in my 'real' life. I've been shown the "hidden" narrative that goes back through my entire life that erases the division between this common dream and my actual life. There are people, places, situations, artwork I've made, etc. that are such literal reflections of/precursors to this coming together, it's shocking to my everyday sense of things. (including curious accidental proximity on three different occasions to CERN, Fermilab, and Los Alamos). Before this immersion experience began, I did not see how, or that, all these things were connected and did not assign any particular personal meaning to any of it. I was blind. You might even say I was very diligent in moving in the other direction (including the meditation practice in which I was trained) - an "anti-synchronicity" quest you might say (!) - leaving whatever seemed ethereal/"unexplainable" purely in the realm of mystery. And definitely not using it as a source of social self-identity. I guess something triggered the explosive end to that way of working with things in my world. I have some guesses at that. The traditional UFO paradigm has never come to mind, and there were no dreams of such things, but some of what you say about that mechanism sounds familiar. I want to read and think about it more.

That's all I can get out for now. Any comments/suggestions at all are very welcome -

Beth

p.s. it sounds like I'm looking for cosmic group therapy. I think I am.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:00 pm
Profile Personal album
Site Admin

maybe it would help you to try and tell your story (or some of it) as if it was someone else's.

Sometimes a little distance brings in a big integration.

Best

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Dream of Michel Cazenave
Remo Roth wrote:
Quote:
Association: Yesterday [i.e., on Nov 21, 1981] I was reminded of Saint Christopher and the story one tells of him here in Switzerland: He crossed the river with Jesus Christ on his back not knowing that it was him. Christ became heavier and heavier. On the other side Christopher said to the child: “How heavy you are. I thought that I have carried the whole world on my back.” Jesus Christ answered: “You did not only carry the whole world, you have carried the creator of the world on your back.”

Remo

Michel Cazenave is a French philosopher and writer, specializing in the work of Jung.

dream last night:

I see twenty people down a mountain or hill. It reminds me a kind of spiritual community.I'm not sure but it seems that the dream says they are a help to humanity. The leader (or one of the leaders) seems to be Michel Cazenave. He has to the chest a "little subtle being". Only one or two others in the group have the same thing . I look if I am part of this community. It seems not. I'm disappointed. A little further behind, there is another group of people who seem to have malicious attentions.

Once awake, I think of Saint Christopher and this topic. The little creature looks like a subtle telesphoros suspended in the air. (linked to human breast, not the back)

dreams are volatile. I hardly remember them. Sometimes I remember one and two minutes after the memory has disappeared. This dream could also disappear. What I mean is that I even doubted my dreams ( = did I really had this dream? )

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Post hope
dream of this morning :

I'm in a class. Michel Cazenave is near me. I want to tell him about my dream about telesphoros but I give up because I am unable to explain him the meaning.

comment :

So it seems that my dream about telesphoros was real. (I had some doubts)
In this dream, a small religious community seemed to help humanity.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Post Saturn and the black cube
Bernie Quigley wrote:
I dreamed last night of three flying saucers flying over a city. One landed. Plague in Mexico. Fires at Kent State.

Have been sensing a beginning (and not an Obama beginning). Could be significant that the flying saucers were shaped like Saturn as they are often depicted. Possibly an incarnation of what Saturn is or what is Saturn. My important dream sequence started about 15 years ago when that planet crashed into Saturn if I have that right. Dreamed then that I was furiously writing something while a goddess/woman naked and covered with criptic tatoos was hovering over my shoulder urging on what I was writing. Lasted several years and ended with a tree at the end of a road. I actually mentioned this "tree" dream to Remo when I first encountered him on the old Jung Page a few years back. He said, " . . . this is future history."

I just discovered a forum. There is a post about "The Black Cube of Saturn" with interesting pictures :

http://synchromysticismforum.com/viewto ... f=4&t=2238

for example :

Semitic civilizations referred to the god Saturn as “El”. The supreme deity was represented by a black cube. We can find instances of the cube across the world.
Saturn, dubbed the “Lord of the Rings”, is the reason why we exchange rings at weddings or put halos on the heads of godly people. (In the Lord of the rings film. all seeing eye of Sauron is the all seeing eye of Saturn).

Mélusine takes a bath on Saturday, the day of Saturn. "9" is the number of Saturn. And if everything revolved around Saturn?

Remo Roth wrote:
Dream of the heavy black cube I am carrying on my back, from Nov 21, 1981:
It seems that I have to gather information about the diploma’s celebration of the C.G. Jung Institute. One of the officials there, a woman I had heavy fights with (and who IMO is psychotic) tells me that first a Catholic mess takes place. It begins five minutes before nine o’clock.

[...]
Remo

and I must not forget that! :

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Post The Archetype of Twelve & Jung’s Orphan Stone
Fox,

Here is some further amplification on the “cube” which may be helpful to you regarding your interest in “Cube and Christ”.

In our time the Book of Revelation, the Apocalypse, begins to manifest so that the New Jerusalem (a cube); the new worldview can be consciously realized via the union of the opposites. As Jung says, “Christ may have redeemed spirit, but nature was left undone.” Thus the new and more complete “Christ’s” the “saving remnant”, the ones that can integrate the shadow of the too white Christ – the 144,000 – whose concrete number cannot be known is about to be put to the test – to see who can endure and consciously realize the meaning of the “mark of taw” and its connection to the “archetype of twelve” as seen in the following quote.

Quote:
As we are going to see, the invasion by the unconscious happens from two directions simultaneously. It's an invasion from “above” and it's an invasion from “below.” Both sets of images are directly applicable to what occurs psychologically when the unconscious starts to open up.

Marked On The Forehead

Now, let us consider at greater length the image of being “marked.” It comes up in Revelation, chapter 7:

Quote:
Next I saw four angels, standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the world back to keep them from blowing over the land or the sea or in the trees. Then I saw another angel rising where the sun rises, carrying the seal of the living God; he called in a powerful voice to the four angels whose duty was to devastate land and sea. “Wait before you do any damage on land or at sea or to the trees, until we have put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Then I heard how many were sealed: a hundred and forty-four thousand out of all the tribes of Israel. Rev. 7:1-8

Attachment:
Sealing Of The Saints.jpg
Sealing Of The Saints.jpg [ 105.33 KiB | Viewed 4708 times ]

Sealing of the Saints
The scripture explains that the number “a hundred and forty-four thousand” was reached by marking twelve thousand from each of the twelve tribes of Israel – an allusion to the archetype of “Twelve.” Here is a close parallel from Ezekiel as the divine vengeance is about to attack Jerusalem:

Quote:
Immediately six men advance from the upper north gate, each holding a deadly weapon. In the middle of them was a man in white, with a scribe's ink horn in his belt. They came in and halted in front of the bronze altar. The glory of the God of Israel rose from above the winged creature where it had been and went up to the threshold of the Temple. (This is Yahweh now speaking) He called to the man dressed in linen with a scribe's ink horn in his belt and Yahweh said to him, “Go all through the city, all through Jerusalem, and mark a cross on the foreheads of all who grieve and lament over all the loathsome practices in it.” I heard him say to the others, “Follow him through the city, and strike. Not one glance of pity, show no mercy; old men, young men, virgins, children, women, kill and exterminate them all. But do not touch anyone with a cross (taw) on his forehead.” Ezekiel 9:2-6

This is the same idea of marking or sealing for the purpose of protection from divine vengeance. I should mention, however, that the translation of Hebrew taw as “cross” in this portion of Ezekiel is not followed universally; the New Revised Standard Version, for example, translates simply, “put a mark on the foreheads.” It may be that the Roman Catholic background of the New Jerusalem Bible Version has influenced a translation with a Christian allusion. There is, however, some possibility that the early script for taw was cruciform.

The commentator for the Anchor bible of Revelation, J. M. Ford, makes an interesting speculation concerning the nature of this particular mark:

Quote:
It might be possible to connect the taw of salvation or preservation with the judicial proceedings involving the Urim and the Thummin, the objects, probably sacred lots, by which the priests gave an oracular decision in the name of Yahweh. These were set into the breastplate of the high priest. (Exodus 39:8-21) but originally were small stones in the same size or shape but with different marks on them, such as aleph and taw, respectively the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet. In judicial proceedings the decision aleph would mean guilty(‘rr, “to curse”) and taw would mean innocent (tmm, “to be blameless”). If the author of Revelation is influenced by this knowledge, the mark of the beast worshipers then would be aleph.

This “mark of the beast” appears later in our text; but here, we are concerned with its positive opposite, a “mark of salvation.” If Ford’s comment holds, a developmental standard is implied by these different marks associated with different letters. Symbolically, if one has progressed all the way through the “psychological alphabet” – from beginning to end – then one is marked out as special. Edinger, Archetype of the Apocalypse, pp. 69-72.

Attachment:
Alphabet.jpeg
Alphabet.jpeg [ 100.03 KiB | Viewed 4708 times ]

Attachment:
Cube-Cross Mark of Taw.jpg
Cube-Cross Mark of Taw.jpg [ 21.45 KiB | Viewed 4708 times ]

Cube-Cross a.k.a. The Mark Of Taw
Attachment:
Cube Jewish.jpg
Cube Jewish.jpg [ 31.45 KiB | Viewed 4708 times ]

I add MLvF’s drawing of Merlin (Nature) – a figure connected to Jung’s Orphan Stone for Jung often thought of carving “Le cri de Merlin” on its blank back face.

Quote:
On the third face, the one facing the lake – I let the stone speak for itself.

I am an orphan, alone; nevertheless I am found everywhere. I am one, but opposed to myself. I am youth and old man at one and the same time. I have known neither father nor mother, because I have had to be fetched out of the deep like a fish, or fell like a white stone from heaven. In woods and mountains I roam, but I am hidden in the innermost soul of man. I am mortal for everyone, yet I am not touched by the cycle of aeons. (Jung, 1965, MDR, p. 227)

Image Image
Orphan Stone
Quote:
On the front face.

Time is a child—playing like a child—playing a board game—the kingdom of the child. This is Telesphoros, who roams through the dark regions of this cosmos and glows like a star out of the depths. He points the way to the gates of the sun and to the land of dreams. (Jung, 1965, MDR, p. 227)

Gregory

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Post Re: the mark of the breast ?
Urim and Thummim :

MLVF's drawing :

Telesphoros : ( the symbol is not really placed at the heart chakra ...)

My TV is on. There is an American television series "The Mentalist"
My attention was attracted by a dialogue:

<<There is a link? >>
<<No, there is no>>

:?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Post Re: My Dream With the Big Black Cube On my Back
This morning I dreamed of these words: "the establishment of the Ark of the Covenant" ( in english, not in french)

There is something I have not mentioned about the "black cube" because I don't know if it is an interesting book :

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:25 am
Founder

Yes, fox, this is an interesting book, though the background of the author is antroposophic. This is perhaps why he does not give any sources. This I do not like.

I just ordered a book with the title "Die okkulten Wurzeln des Nationalsozialismus" by Nicholad Goodrick-Clarke.

I think that the original is in English: The Occult Roots of Nazism: The Ariosophists of Austria and Germany

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: the mark of the breast ?
fox wrote:
MLVF's drawing :

Have a look what I have drawn during my existencial life crisis from 1972 to 1974:

I did not yet know Marie-Louise von Franz, and of course neither her painting. She never talked with me about it. But she was fascinated by my thesis in which I amplified my image with Kerunnus:

It is the "Deer Man" born out of wood.

I interpreted it as follows:

Quote:
Kurze Zeit vor den ersten drei Kreuzbildern fertigte Joachim einige Bleistiftzeichnungen an. Darin sind tiermenschliche Wesen zu sehen, die wie aus Holz ausgeschnitzt erscheinen. In der ersten dieser Zeichnungen (vgl. Abb. 1) sind Kopf und Oberkörper eines solchen Wesens dargestellt, zu welchem Joachim »eine Art Hirschmensch« assoziierte.
Hirschgeweihe als Grabbeigaben beweisen, dass der Hirsch schon in prähistorischen Zeiten mit dem Gedanken der Erneuerung des Lebens verknüpft war . In der keltischen Finnsage besitzt der Urmensch Hirschgestalt . Kerunnus, dessen Tierattribut der Hirsch ist, trägt selber ein Hirschgeweih. Auf dem berühmten Gefäss von Gundestrup hält er eine Schlange am Halse fest , das heisst wohl, dass er diese bändigt. Er ist ein Vegetations- und Todesgott; sterbend wird er in ein Gefäss mit einem berauschenden Getränkt eingetaucht; dadurch kann er mit dem Jenseits kommunizieren . Bei dieser Prozedur wird er zerstückelt und gekocht , . Er gehört also in die Reihe der sterbenden und wiederauferstehenden Götter. Im Gegensatz etwa zu Christus erleidet er jedoch einen orgiastischen Erneuerungsritus. Zu diesem Sachverhalt passt die Bemerkung Joachims, dass er diese Zeichnungen und Bilder in einer Art orgiastischem Rausch angefertigt habe.
Über das Symbol des Hirsches ist Kerunnus auch mit der Gestalt des Merlin verbunden . Der »cervus fugitivus« (flüchtiger Hirsch) ist andererseits ein Symbol des Mercurius . Weiter gehört Kerunnus in die Reihe der spielenden Götter, wie beispielsweise Wotan , Aion und Agni . Das Spiel dient diesen Göttern zur divinatorischen Erforschung der Zukunft.
Auch im Christentum spielt der Hirsch eine Rolle. Bei Honorius von Autun ist er ein Symbol der Selbstverjüngung beziehungsweise der Selbsterneuerung . Er verschluckt eine giftige Schlange, und um das Gift loszuwerden, stösst er seine Hörner und Haare ab. Die Hörner sind dabei ein Symbol des Stolzes. In der Graalslegende erscheint Christus den Jüngern als weisser Hirsch, welch letzterer sich ebenfalls verjüngen kann . In der Hubertuslegende ist er die Busch- oder Tierseele Christi und trägt in seinem Geweih das Crucifixus als den geistigen Aspekt seiner selbst .
Bei der Besprechung dieses Bildes betonte der Zeichner, dass dieser Hirschmensch aus dem Wurzelstück eines Baumes herausgeschnitzt worden sei, und dass er überhaupt die sogenannte Stockmaser (Furniere aus Wurzelholz) sehr gern habe.
Da also dieses Hirsch-Wurzelmännchen aus Holz ausgeschnitzt zu sein scheint, soll hier noch etwas eingehender auf das Motiv der Baumgeburt eingegangen werden.
Die Entstehung des Menschen aus einem Baum ist eines der ältesten und universalsten Mythologeme der Menschheit. An dieser Stelle sei nur auf einige wenige eingegangen. Adonis wird aus einem Myrrhenbaum geboren . Wotans Wiedergeburt und Entdeckung der Runen vollzieht sich in der Weltesche Yggdrasil. In der mixtekischen Kultur entspringt das erste Menschenpaar einem Baumstamm . Der Körper des altiranischen Gottkönigs Gayômard zerfällt in die Metalle der Erde, aus seinem Lichtsamen aber wächst eine Rhabarberstaude, aus der das erste Menschenpaar hervorkommt . Die am nächsten verwandte Parallele bildet jedoch ein Mythologem aus Melanesien: Ipila schnitzt Nugu aus dem Stammholz eines Baumes .
Der Baum symbolisiert unter anderem die erdverbundene Körperhaftigkeit . Der Baumgeborene ist seinerseits aber nicht nur ein Naturwesen, sondern auch der Urmensch, das heisst der natürliche Mensch vor aller Kultur . Die Wurzel ist der Ort, wo sich die »schwer erreichbare Kostbarkeit«, das heisst aber Mercurius beziehungsweise das Selbst im Sinne C.G. Jungs befindet, wie beispielsweise im Märchen Der Geist in der Flasche . Im Rosarium Philosophorum wird die prima materia radix ipsius, das heisst Wurzel ihrer selbst genannt . Der Baum seinerseits ist selber ein Symbol der Verwandlung der Elemente vom Rohmaterial (prima materia) zum Lapis .
Zusammenfassend kann man also aussagen, dass das Hirsch-Wurzelmännchen einen im Unbewussten konstellierten Wiedergeburts- oder Selbsterneuerungsprozess darstellt. Das Subjekt dieses Prozesses scheint der natürliche Mensch vor aller Kultur, der Urmensch, zu sein. Dieser stellt eine Kompensation des kollektiven Unbewussten zur Einseitigkeit und Unnatürlichkeit des Nur-Kulturmenschen - in unserem Fall des im Denken verhafteten Bewusstseins - dar. Um diesen Sachverhalt darzustellen, greift das Unbewusste auf vorchristliche, ja sogar prähistorische Symbole zurück.

I will try to translate this, since it has to do with the "Urmensch", the primordial man. As much as I remember, the primordial man played a role in the form of the human-like animal in the UM forum.

Yes, it is the monkey god that fox has mentioned above.

In his existencial crisis of 1931/32 Wolfgang Pauli had a dream of which I was always fascinated:

Quote:
16. Dream:
Many people are present. They are all waiting to the left around a square. The dreamer is not in the centre but to one side. They say that a gibbon is to be reconstructed (CW 12, § 164)

I think that the dream meant the same thing as my "Deer Man" above, the primordial man. Translated into a modern language I would say that these symbols mean the Eros ego doing BCI.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Founder

And here is the translation:

Quote:
Shortly before the first three cross images Joachim made some pencil drawings. In them there are animal-human beings, which appear to be carved from wood. In the first of these drawings (see Figure 1) head and upper body of such a being are represented, to which Joachim associated "a kind of deer man".
Deer antlers as grave goods show that the deer was already linked in prehistoric times with the idea of ​​renewal of life. In the Celtic legend of Finn the original man has deer shape. Kerunnus whose animal attribute is the deer, himself wearing a deer antler. On the famous vessel of Gundestrup he holds a snake by the neck, which probably means that he tamed it. He is a vegetation god and a god of death. Dying, he is immersed in a vessel with an inebriating drink; this is the reason why he can communicate with the beyond. During this procedure he is cut up and cooked. He therefore belongs to the dying and resurgent gods. In contrast to Christ, he however suffers an orgiastic rite of renewal. To this situation fits the remark Joachim had made that he produced these drawings and images into a kind of orgiastic frenzy.
With the symbol of the stag Kerunnus is also associated with the figure of Merlin. The "cervus fugitivus" (volatile deer) is, on the other hand, a symbol of Mercury. Kerunnus belongs to the series of gambling gods such as Wotan, Aion and Agni. The game serves these gods for divination of the future.
Even in Christianity the deer plays a role. According to Honorius of Autun, he was a symbol of self-rejuvenation and self-renewal. He swallows a poisonous snake, and to get rid of the poison, he pushes off his horns and hair. The horns are a symbol of pride. In the Grail legend, Christ appears to his disciples as a white deer, which latter may rejuvenate as well. In the legend of Hubertus-Busch he is the animal soul of Christ, and in his antlers he carries the Crucifix as the spiritual aspect of himself.
At the discussion of this image the drawer emphasized that this deer man had been carved out of the piece of root of a tree, and that he really likes burl wood veneers.

Therefore, since this carved wooden deer seems to be carved out of wood, I will discuss in some detail on the subject of tree birth:
The emergence of man from a tree is one of the oldest and most universal mythologies of mankind. At this point, I only mention a few. Adonis was born from a myrrh tree. Wotan's rebirth and the runes discovery takes place in the world-ash Yggdrasil. In the Mixtec culture the first human couple rises out of a tree trunk. The body of the ancient Iranian god-king Gayômard decays in the metals of the earth, from its light seeds grows a rhubarb plant, from which comes the first human couple. The closest parallel is related, however, in a mythology of Melanesia: Ipila carved Nugu out of the trunk of a tree.
Amog others, the tree symbolizes the earthy physicality. The one borne out of a tree is not only a natural being, but also the primordial man, the natural man before all culture. The root is the place where the treasure hard to reach is found, i.e. Mercury or the Self in the sense CG Jung, as for example in the fairy tale The Ghost in the bottle. In Rosarium philosophorum the prima materia is called radix ipsius, meaning root of its own. The tree is itself a symbol of transformation of elements from raw materials (prima materia) to the Lapis.
In summary we can say then that the deer-root man constellated in the unconscious means rebirth or a self-renewal process. The subject of this process seems to be the natural man before all culture, the primordial man. This symbol represents a compensation of the collective unconscious for the bias and unnaturalness of the today's civilized people - in our case a consciousness imprisoned in the intellect. To illustrate this fact, the unconscious goes back to pre-Christian, and even prehistoric symbols.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:17 am
Profile WWW

Post The Second Coming
I came across this image on the Internet recently. It supports needing to "hear the voices of the VNS" so that one may know how to live.

Attachment:
Rough Beast.jpg
Rough Beast.jpg [ 275.97 KiB | Viewed 4661 times ]

And what rough beast, its “hour” come round at last,/ Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Gregory

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Post Re: a question
Hi Remo and Gregory,

In the myth of Melusine is a deerskin that will define the new territory of Raimondin. And together they give birth to "animal-men". ( it seems that they met in a forest) So Lusignan could be the kingdom of Eros but their "giants" children are very curious ... for Markale, Geoffroy the big tooth is the new incarnation of wild boar killed by Raimondin, he is the god boar. He is the favorite son of Melusine but he has no children.

Could we say that the (giant?) deerman on the drawing is the son of MLVF?

Remo : I did not yet know Marie-Louise von Franz, and of course neither her painting. She never talked with me about it. But she was fascinated by my thesis in which I amplified my image with Kerunnus:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Post Acausal Consciousness
Fox wrote:
Could we say that the (giant?) deerman on the drawing is the son of MLVF?

My immediate reaction was, "It could be the son of Jung as well" given his Orphan Stone carving and its connection to Merlin. In any event it is the psyche's reaction to a one-sided worldview that Merlin tries to compensate for by encouraging humans to find access to their acausal animal nature - something quite visible in Remo's rubbery or wave-like drawing of the "deer-man" shown in his post above.

To that point - it seems to me that it is the acausal "consciousness" on this animal level of creation (for animals perfectly follow the will of the creator) that is the important aspect humanity needs to go back and pick up (integrate) for we have become far too civilized; i.e., particle-like in our behavior. Like this it points the way to the underlying challenge of humans being able to enter Eros ego consciousness - a wave-like consciousness in which the particle-like behavior of Logos ego consciousness is dimmed as in "passive meditation" where one simply observes the images that well up from within and sometimes accompanied by inner voices and bodily sensations which should also be noted.

In my material entering Eros ego consciousness is connected with circular polarized light - something that came up in Rotation And Light as a reaction to a post by Suzanne. In this graphic the King or the incarnated human is red (fire, sky) while the Queen a.k.a. the World Soul is blue (water, earth). Like this one introverts and "mind melds" with the World Soul via Eros ego consciousness and views Her images of births She would like to see for our world as Remo so often mentions. This is of course the wave aspect of the duality of light behavior - the other aspect Remo notes is the particle one or Logos ego consciousness a.k.a. active imagination where one interacts with the Logos Self. The WS being pure nature likes to communicate via aspects of Her wave-like nature. And light being connected to consciousness the world over seems an elemental level of Eros ego consciousness "being" with that nature. Notice that in the following the "two worlds" are at a 90 degree angle to each other - a connection to the fact that theoretical physics, in their search for a "Theory of Everything", indicates that the invisible hidden dimensions must begin orthogonal (90 degrees angle) to those of spacetime. Like this we have a potential "Spock" mind-meld information flow. It has a connection to seeing the opposites as one; as a 3rd eye inner manifestation.

Gregory

P.S. I should add that - the circular motion portrayed in this coniunctio image reminds me of the alchemical operation of circumambulation and of the mystical dancing of the whirling Dervishes.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Attachment:
blue1.jpeg
blue1.jpeg [ 36.32 KiB | Viewed 4450 times ]

http://dreamcurrents.com/blue-cube/

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 am

Remo Roth wrote:
I, however, do not have the force to climb up the mountain anymore. I realize that in contrast to Gen I carry a heavy burden on my back. It looks like an incredibly big black cube. Since I am so tired I decide to rest near a mountain chapel I see besides the small path.

Topic "The new God-Image" :
viewtopic.php?p=16020#p16020
I want to add something here :

I don't know if it is relevant, but when I read this dream of Remo, I thought about "Saint Seiya" a manga I watched on tv when I was young. This manga is about zodiac knights protecting the goddess Athena.

Seiya, the Pegasus knight with his armor on his back:
Attachment:
cube.PNG
cube.PNG [ 277.65 KiB | Viewed 3154 times ]

Sometimes, I have dreams about this manga. This morning, I dreamt that I was watching a movie : I just remember a detail: I saw Seiya, his face was half human half lion.

Saint Seiya 2015 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Imo5ffEYb8

Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]