UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm

[ 12 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Cars 

Post Cars
Recent sharing from Patrick, The Red Car and the Steering Wheel, reminded me about my own dream about 7 months ago.
I have not completely understood the dream yet but current reading of Remo's Return of the World Soul, Part II is helping greatly.
I have been getting some hints/impulses to share this dream. Perhaps it could be helpful not only to me but to some others who maybe having similar issues. Here it is from my dream journal:

19 November 2011

I used a key to unlock a car door from a corner but somehow I found myself having to walk several steps before I could open the door and get into the car. I think I was getting into left side front door of the car, after making a 90 degree turn. Then the car started flying off sideways to the right side. I think I was then sitting on the right side front. The car also flipped upside down sort of making a sideway loop when it flew off. It sort of landed back to where it was parked next to a house. I then remember, maybe I missed some parts here, talking to some man with a beard. He was White, heavy set man, like some biker. He was telling me as he was trying to park his car with 2 ropes attached. He was pushing the car out and then pulling the strings to maneuver the car. It was a fairly large American car, maybe a Cadillac or Ford/Lincoln, with square front, like the one I was in the dream. There seemed to be some short metal stakes at the end of the ropes. His car was first pushed down into some sloped area, like into some parking area below a building then it came out to the other side of the building (sort of like through a small tunnel, in hind thought). The man then pulled the car back and was maneuvering with ropes to steer the car to park it, and avoided hitting the building wall. The way the lines/reins moved (especially when it moved sideways) seemed magical too. I could see some restaurant next to where his car was being parked through the windows. The man was telling me a story about how he told his boss to purchase a plot of land from him and the man was happy that he made money from it and that he did not get into any trouble for it. I guess he was suggesting I could do the same.

* One of the figures I have associated with the White man was the figure of Saturn.

Perhaps more on this dream later,

Peace,

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 am

Post Re: Cars
Hi Sang - that is an interesting dream and possibly similar to Patrick's in that the car you are in suggests a dream journey but out of control by your self - the biker with beard sounds like a characteriszation of Self pulling the strings to the individuals in the cars. (If you have the patience to listen to a David Bowie video on Youtube titled Ashes to Ashes it is worth the trouble as near the end Bowie posits a fantastic image of Self [Major Tom] as a figure with tubes coming out of him and in to the world - it works better as a "dream" if you watch it without the sound). The other driver claims the Self gives sound advise and like the Buddha, looks to the earth (real estate) to make the claim for authenticity. You must find a relationship to Self to successfully negotiate the car. (In one dream I had - same day mentioned in Patrick's dream, April 5, 1994, I was told by the "Three Men" to find your way in the unconscious you must "keep your head down in the house of God." Which I think means, retract the ego.)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:07 am
Profile WWW

Hi Bernie,
You wrote:
Quote:
and like the Buddha, looks to the earth (real estate) to make the claim for authenticity.

In a part of the dream I had the next day (20 Nov) after the above dream, I heard a Japanese man talking with someone in the 'adjacent room'. He was concerned that I would not understand about the 'mortgage'.

In Return of the World Soul Part II, Remo shares his way of interpreting the 'adjacent room' on p. 207.
Quote:
...the adjacent room means the vegetative body. It is the 'vegetative space,' the place where vegetative life happens. Thus, the adjacent room is a symbol of the belly brain or gut brain.

So I got the message from my belly brain the next day. I guess from the place where one "keep[s] your head down..", as you say Berne, from the realm of Eros, Matter-psyche.

I just finished reading Remo's book last night. My head felt quite numb reading it now and then. I would probably need to read again slowly to get used to Remo's neutral language more. It helped me understand my dreams more and I think a lot of people would benefit from reading it too. Thanks Remo!

To return to my dreams above, at this time, I think my dreams were pointing to my problem of better understanding the result of the BCI, specifically about the result of the exchange of the attributes, about the 'new quaternity'. I have been puzzled about the mortgage (death pledge) and the White biker figure (I guess sort of a Wotan figure as well as Saturn I mentioned before) who is working as a parking attendant. Perhaps I was also working as a parking attendant too in the dream. ‘Death pledge (mortgage)’ brought up connection to BCI for me immediately. Looking back, some of my other subsequent dreams seem to pointed this way.

Cheers,

Last edited by Sang on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:00 am

There is discussion of a dream involving a car in Part II (pg. 92), Sang. You've probably seen it. I am on my second reading - I found it stimulated something within too.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Yes, Patrick. I think the footnote number 150 on p. 94 of Part II is the 'key'.

I wondered what could have been happening last November and realized that I made an entry on the forum on Remo's birthday (11.11.11) saying that I was reading chapter 5 of his Return of the World Soul Part I :lol:

Peace,

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:10 pm

I had a following dream/BCI on 6 July 2012. Perhaps another empirical data to support Remo's Psychophysical Theory.

I tried to do BCI when I had some difficulty falling asleep. I shortly remember seeing Y. He was walking with me in some hospital like building. He said he could smell something as if there were 4 beds lined up like how he used to take care of his patients in Afghanistan. We were walking through some hallway when he did this. There were no beds visible. As he was pointing out the area, I saw a woman come towards me. She looked like a Japanese woman, short with janitorial clothes they wear in a hospital. Her face was black. It seemed like it was covered with some dark shiny plastic like mask. Perhaps, something like shiny tar painted on her face or it sort of reminded me of the face of Darth Vader. It was shiny and black but I could not quite make out her face. Later I wondered if it was a figure connected to Black Madonna. She came towards the right of me. Was she reaching out with her hands? I think I was turning to the right and then I noticed a strong vivid sensation of me turning on the bed. At this point, I was quite aware I was doing BCI. I felt the bed was also turning clockwise, my right side sinking to the bottom, left side of me coming up while lying in bed. I might even have heard some sound of turning. I think felt my body was chilly first doing the BCI but just as I was turning my body started feeling warmer and even blissful. I think felt my body turning for perhaps 10 to 30 seconds, going round and round.

Dea Concedente,

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:38 pm

I had a following brief dream on the 8 July 2012. I am posting this here since it seems to be connected to the dream/BCI or SST I posted above. Still curious what the dream points to.
Quote:
I saw that left side of my body all over, even in my left eye was embedded with needles. I don’t think I was feeling any pain but was wondering how I would get the needles out of my body. They seemed to be lined up pretty close to each other. My right side of the body did not seem to be affected with the condition.

Peace,

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 am

It's been several months since the dream above, but it has been on my mind a lot.
Just wanted to share some things that's been touching me so far:

Attachment:
Anima Mundi.jpg
Anima Mundi.jpg [ 43.98 KiB | Viewed 2463 times ]

And, this quote about the repressed dread from Return of the World Soul Part II, p. 187-188, in the section about Pauli's 'Dream of the Radioactive Experiment of the Revenant and the Death of Neutrino' :

Quote:

‘The Nobel laureate could only be helped by the two women. As we realized they symbolize the dread rooted in the invention of the nuclear bomb, which we should become conscious of. However, too many humans still repress this dread, thus cannot face it and remain in the will- and power-possession, instead of sacrificing themselves to the modern Hermetic opus.’

And from the song Hey Jude from the Beatles:

'...remember to let her under your skin then you begin to make it better…"

Peace,

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 am

Here's something I was thinking about adding but perhaps it is about time:

Yesterday (28 June 2013), I had a dream about couple of cars being jump started. One of them at least was a blue Toyota Celica (Celica, derived from Latin coeliaca, meaning ‘heavenly’ or ‘celestial’). This dream reminded me of this thread Cars on the forum. Perhaps I could add a quote about symbolism about ‘Car’ or ‘Auto’ now to make it easy to read, from Return of the World Soul II p. 94:

I see in this mode an automatism of the VNS, which begins however in an acausal way as soon as somebody is able to abandon the Logos ego and the CNS and enters the Eros ego and the VNS, the gut brain. …this process is the background of Symptom-Symbol Transformation and Body-Centered Imagination.

To start, one of the most significant associations to the above dream image of the needles, beside the image of the Anima Mundi above, was the movie called Hero (2002) starting Jet Li. Particularly, it was the last scene (spoiler alert) of the movie where the hero called “Nameless” chooses to face death/sacrifice by shower of arrows. The hero-assassin chose to sacrifice himself for the union of the China, literally the ‘middle kingdom’.

Now, the most impressive thing about the image of the Anima Mundi above, were the lines depicting rays of light, the radiation, that come out of her. To me, they are the needles. They are the psychophysical radiation (per RFR) from the March 11 Fukushima nuclear disasters here in Japan, that seem to have lodged under my skin in the dream. It is a union with the ‘nuclear dread’, forcing me to become more conscious of it, probably.

I came to read about MLvF’s symbolic amplification about needles, thorns, etc, as ‘vicious slander’. I can definitely relate to this. Surely, the yet unmanaged Fukushima nuclear disaster and the likes of it, continues to slander our human existence on earth. A clear attack on our (masculine) ego, that “attempts to change his position from one of absolute control and mastery of nature (Ayers)”.
Recently, I have been reading Mary Ayers’ book Masculine Shame From Succubus to the Eternal Feminine, again. It is a book that I came across in a synchronistic way in 2011. I first mentioned about it on the forum’s UFO Hovers Over Jerusalem’s Dome of the Rock thread. I was noting then about the recalcitrant female bear, and a movie featuring a Korean story A Tale of Legendary Libido viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1060&p=12226&hilit=legendary+libido#p12226. A wonderful movie about constellated coniunctio archetype. The hero of that particular movie had to mate with the female bear for the good of the village, to restore the balance of Tao. Much like in a BCI or as in the process of unio corporalis, the hero unites with Anima Mundi, albeit, in her theriomorphic form.

Mary Ayers book has been an impressive read. She writes clearly about connection between shame and development of conscience, as well as about repressed shame and its connection to Evil, psychotic ‘self-destructive loss of reality’, and violence in our patriarchal world.

Getting the needles under my skin, I wonder if I was tasked to see and recognize her two sides more clearly. The side of the Terrible Mother with Evil Eyes, who Ayer argues, is born out of our ‘patriarchal distortions’ over thousands years. On the other hand, recognize the side of the Great Mother who gives her divine grace, perhaps more to those who are defeated, humiliated, and shamed-- thus more open to receive.

I did notice in the above dream that some of the needles were embedded in my left eye. It seemed to suggest that I could have been at least half blind. Blindness is part of the process of repression of shame, according to Ayers. She argues that “dissociation of shame,”…, “inevitably leads to narcissism. The individual gratifies his fantasies of completeness and omnipotence through fantasies of admiration that the mother shined on the infant during the earliest days of life. Blinding mothers’ eyes creates deep narcissistic vulnerability, a condition of low self-esteem, self-doubt, and fragility of self-cohesion that twists as development proceeds into the will to dominate, to conquer the other as a meaning of relating (p. 136).”

Ayers notes, “the infantile narcissism contained in such feelings as arrogance, pride, envy, superiority, and self-importance – machoisms that dismiss or repudiate others – is really a defense against, or an attempt to ward off or undo, shame. His psychosis can become so consuming, so all-absorbing, that all he can do is serve his own personal idolatry. Shame is the affect masculinity unconsciously repels in visions of evil succubi that can become his future. Deep in the heart of man’s matricidal impulse lurks a devil, a malevolent core possessed by the child-killing succubus, the shadow of a man’s identification with omnipotence in defense against the shame of dependence (140).”

Ayers described that “in order to stand out as a hero, a man develops a craving for power to transcend the limitations of the human condition and achieve victory over impotence and finitude (Ayers).” This is a different kind of a hero than the one depicted in the Chinese movie Hero, staring Jet Li. Ayers discuss about transcendence/transformation of shame, about the ego that “dies when it is exposed to more shame than it can tolerate – and lives through it”, like in the story of the blind Oedipus. She also mentions Jesus as a “model for the transformation of shame.” The sacrificing hero who embraces shame, impotence, and humiliation. The king who dies and is born again in his union with the Anima Mundi. The hermetic process Remo ceaselessly describes.

As for the spin/rotation in the dream, I connect to what Remo has said about the spin in his book Return of the World Soul, about Pauli’s dream about the ‘objectification of rotation.’ And Remo’s ‘reverse circulation of light’ exercise, the said alexipharmakum .
In the last scene of the Chinese movie Hero, “Nameless” faced the arrows straight on. Presumably, it was only the front part of him that was showered by the arrows. In my dream, the needles were embedded just on my left side, front and back, as if I was turned 90 degrees to the right. I recalled reading somewhere that one turns this way to ‘turn the other cheek’ as recommended in the Bible.

As for the high pitched sound I heard in the dream, I just recently remembered an old dream from January 2001. The dream began with me flying with a book on my stomach. I was then told by somebody in the dream that this was dangerous so I got down to the ground, maneuvering the book someway. I associating that book with an active imagination book I was reading then. Perhaps, reading about Remo describing how AI was dangerous, even for MLvF, (even led her to her illness), helped me recall my old dream. I don’t find AI easy to do. Can’t say I was ever good at it. At the end of this dream, I found myself sitting in a pew inside a church. There was a woman in blue and white robe who reminded me of Mary (Anima Mundi figure, I think now), although I did not and could not see her face. She was sitting on the left side of me and then moved like a ghost to the outside of a church building, moving behind and around to the right of me. I then saw through a blurry glass (stain glass?) wall, tremendous rays of bright light shine forth as she opened up her robe in from of some Jesuit priests who were after me somehow. At the same time, I heard a very high pitch sound/scream coming out of her. Before this happened, I noticed some men with full bushy hair, long enough to cover shoulders and eye brows, sweating heavily sitting in the pew across me, like in a sauna. I could not make out clearly what the dream meant then.
The dream in the 2012 seems to be connected to this old dream of 2001. I see it more clearly now in 2013.

Peace,

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Sang - I found it interesting that you mentioned "Nameless" in the "Hero" movie and that provocative scene, and suggest a "turning" in your consciousness reflected in the dream. As Jet Li, who plays Nameless has gone though. Not long ago he became a Tibetan Buddhist and I believe revoked his American citizenship and moved back to China. I find him to be rather inspirational as I watch a lot of kung fu movies on a midnight job I have. In fact, he is a seminal figure in the contemporary history of Buddhism. After the Mao period Deng sent him to Shaolin Temple to learn kung fu and make movies to raise money for China. When he arrived only three monks were left alive but they taught Jet Li kung fu. The movie he made "Shaolin Warrior" I believe became a big hit and the beginning of the kung fu genre. So many young people wanted to become monks that they had to build new trains.

These pictures have clear religious overtones. I liked this movie. Possibly China is returning to itself.

This one even suggests the Christ:

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:31 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Bernie,

It is very interesting that you mention the movie The Sorcerer and the[White Snake]. I saw the movie maybe a month ago or so... As I began thinking about the symbolism of the movie, I was reminded about Remo's interpretation about Jung's dream of the 2 snakes fighting (white and black) recently. I have been following Remo on one of his Facebook web site: Remo F. Roth, C.G. Jung, Marie-Louise von Franz and Wolfgang Pauli. In one of the threads, he talks about his The Dream of The Woman at The Epsilon Cross (1974), and he writes about electric cables in the dream (on 20 Sep). Reading it, I made a connection to the ropes used by the white man/Wotan figure in the first dream I posted in this thread. He was parking a car using with 2 ropes/cables that seemed magical somehow.

Remo writes:
Quote:
.electric cables symbolize the central nervous system (inclusively the sympathetic ns; the activating part of the VNS). The mysterious force comes from the parasympathetic part of the VNS....The energy of the CNS (electric cables) is transformed into the energy of the parasympathetic part of the VNS.

Further,

Quote:
The Eros ego is determined by what I call vegetative sensation. It is the sensation of the "inside of the body," of the subtle body. This happens when one becomes able to quit the central nervous system (brain) and enter the vegetative nervous system (sympathetic/parasympathetic ns). In fact, one has also to abandon the sympathicus (the activator) to reach the parasympathicus (calming down). This happens with the help of meditative exercise (as every real meditation). Then, one realizes inner, deeply corporeally sensed images and vegetative sensations

Cheers,

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:26 am

Interesting, Sang - the thought passed that Remo's ruminations on this might offer help in the study of Crohn's Desease which seems related to neurotic detachment of systems primarily in the bowels; a "modernist" disease perhaps caused by detachment from vegitative systems.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]