UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:29 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Tsunami/Rain Dream 

Post Tsunami/Rain Dream
I am standing in a typical UK street of terraced houses. I sense that the entire street of houses is unoccupied. There is no-one else around. Above and beyond the rooftops I realise that a tsunami is approaching. It is three miles high. I am resigned to my fate, doomed, not bothered, thinking to myself "Oh, well."

The tsunami does not arrive. Instead, it rains. It is that very fine sleety rain or drizzle (which I personally always find pleasant to walk in.)

Thoughts welcome.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Post Re: Tsunami/Rain Dream
Houses are empty suggests public sentiment. suggest end of the world as presented in Eliot'ts poem "not with a bang but a whimper."

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 am
Profile WWW

Hi,

I had a fairly quick reaction to this. The rain really caught my attention. To me, the empty houses represent receptivity - which is to be filled by the rain. Perhaps I am referring to the fecundation of mercury.

Also, this appears to show creation. The tsunami 'could be' Christ as the water, and the droplets as humanity. Ha! A pleasant humanity :) (was it dark behind the tsunami? If you saw behind it, that is...)

kind regards,
pascal

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks, Bernie, "public sentiment" is useful to me (maybe I have just have no interest in it), "not with a bang...etc" also possibly useful, considering this.

Thanks, pascal, "fecundation of mercury" also appeals to me. And to answer your question about the lighting, I can only say that the street scene had a twilight feel about it.

Regards,

Rob

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]