UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 pm

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
 The Holy Virgin 

Post Re: The Holy Virgin
Good association with the nine

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Dreams this night about the Mont Ventoux / the Sphere of Odin
I just remember few details.

The Mont Ventoux:
I am with my sister. The weather is good. We are moving towards Mont Ventoux. Thick clouds covering the summit. I think there is wind.

Comment:
- Mont Ventoux:vent=wind
- This image from the french wikipedia shows blue angels and orange angels surrounding the Virgin. We also see the Holy Spirit and the Mont Ventoux( left the Christ)

The sphere of Odin:

I watch a movie. There is a living skeleton. A sort of little ball is floating above his hand (or it is in his hand). It is the sphere of Odin.(if I remember correctly)

Attachments:
Enguerrand_Quarton,_Le_Couronnement_de_la_Vierge_(1454).jpeg
Enguerrand_Quarton,_Le_Couronnement_de_la_Vierge_(1454).jpeg [ 359.03 KiB | Viewed 1771 times ]

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 pm

fox,

For your possible association:

The skeleton reminds me of key 13, “Death” of the major arcana, symbol of motion, transformation. The ball reminds me of keys 3 and 4, Empress and Emperor, each holding a globe as symbol of dominion.

And, for me, I am reminded of:

And Death Shall Have No Dominion

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead man naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;

Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;

No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Though they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

Dylan Thomas

Hope this adds rather than diverts.

Rob

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks Rob

My first association was the recent post of Gregory about the last Indiana Jones. He also referred recently to Odin/Wotan.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Post Re: The Holy Virgin, blue and orange
Just before I wake up this morning, I heard me saying "Nicolas Poussin is fantastic."
I just knew he was an artist but did not know his work. I went on google images, typing the words " Nicolas Poussin + Vierge"

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Your blue/orange quest continues, fox.

I also get these voiced directions to a name in my sleep sometimes. I had one some months ago which directed me to Poncaire, someone I too had hardly heard of. I have yet to make the connection.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Post Re: Poussin/Poincaré
Quote:
I also get these voiced directions to a name in my sleep sometimes. I had one some months ago which directed me to Poncaire, someone I too had hardly heard of. I have yet to make the connection.

Poncaire or ... (Henri) Poincaré? This name could be a symbole of the Self : poincaré= point-carré= dot-square in English like Poussin = chik in English

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Wow, that's great. I only mentioned that casually.

Yes, I assumed it as Henri Poncaire when I woke, and vaguely recalled him as a mathematician.

Also, I just had a nap and dream which involved an Ace of Clubs. And now I see your dot-square picture - very similar.

Thanks fox.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Post The Ace of Clubs
Rob,

Perhaps you could post an image of the "Ace of Clubs" and comment on any of its symbolism.

Thanks,

Gregory

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Gregory, I was not going to pursue this one, and not sure what you are looking for here, but as you ask, I give more:

The dream: I go to my local shop: The shop-owner asks me to wait while he goes into a store room. I see a plate with half a crusty loaf of bread and bread-knife, I think I am here to buy a slice of bread from this loaf. I see a pack of cards, I take them to be tarot cards. The top card is face up on top of the deck and spinning. I see it as mostly red and take it to be “The Wheel” of the tarot deck. Now there is a tarot reader in the shop, and a young man. The young man challenges the tarot reader about his skill and picks a card. I see the card which seems to show the back of the man in “ancient Greek” dress. (Vaguely I take him to be Socrates). It seems that the tarot reader has won the challenge, but the young man protests “Ah, but...” etc. The words “You wanted Greek, you got Greek” are spoken. Now I choose a card from tarot reader. The young man jumps in before me and takes another card just before I do. I wonder if this will upset the deck for my own choice, but choose anyway. I take a card sideways out of the deck. In the dream I know it as the Ace of Clubs (which is Ace of Wands in tarot). It's picture shows a man seated and looking left, toga dressed, staff by his side. The tarot reader seems surprised at my choice. I am not so surprised. For I know my intuition is strong, seems natural that I should have chosen this card.

Association: A TV news story about moves to teach school-children Latin and Greek.

Association: The seated figure vaguely reminds me of a character, “Lister” and specific scene in a TV comedy sci-fi series, “Red Dwarf”. In this scene he has very long hair after waking up from 300 years in cryo-sleep and does not remember who he is. The figure also reminds me of the “Evan” of the “Evan Almighty” film.

Ace of wands generally means “intuition” and “libido”, the wand links heaven and earth.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Post Re: Ace of Clubs
Rob,

I was trying to follow the discussion on how the "Ace of Clubs" figured into your exchange with Fox - about its connection to the "square dot".

Gregory

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 am

Oh, I see. As an occasional poker player I see a white square with a black centre and connect it (loosely) to a white rectangular playing card with black ace symbol at centre.

Simply, the ace of clubs was fresh in my mind form my nap/dream, and I connected it to fox's picture.

(Then casually that evening I took M L Von Franz's “Psyche and Matter” from my bookshelf and found Henri Poncaire on the first page.)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 am

Could we compare the angel Gabriel of this painting by Nicolas Poussin with the chinese woman of the Pauli dream on September 28, 1952 ?

Remo Roth, "Return of the World Soul, Part II" p176-177 , extract :
<<[...]As I am waiting, she "dances" rhythmycally back up the steps, through the open door into the open air, and then back down again. As she does so, she keeps the index finger of her left hand and her left arm pointing upward, her right arm and the index finger of her right hand pointing downward. The repetition of this rhythmic movement now has a powerfull effect, in that gradually it becomes a rotation movement (circulation of light)[...]
We can therefore be sure that the oscillation of the Chinese woman means the bipolarity of the energy term as well as the potentiality of the constellated twin process, especially since the anima mundi is here presented as a Chinese, and thus as a symbol of the yin principle, of the matter-psyche, or of the Eros Self.>>

The following quote is from a post by Gregory, entitled "The Annunciation":
Gregory Sova wrote:
Forget for once dogmatics and listen to what psychology has to say concerning your problem: Christ as a symbol is far from being invalid, although he is one side of the Self and the devil (read; the World Soul aka the Holy Spirit - that animates all of creation) the other. This pair of opposites is contained in the creator as his right and left hand, as Clemens Romanus says.

Last edited by fox on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi Fox, I saw this recently and thought of you and this thread :)

Attachments:
185532_400516259996914_2074795698_n.jpg
185532_400516259996914_2074795698_n.jpg [ 38.28 KiB | Viewed 1676 times ]

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks Pascal :)

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3