UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Camel in the arctic 

Post Camel in the arctic
Dream: I see a camel walking across my field of view from right to left. The landscape is snow and rock, arctic tundra perhaps. I am aware of the camel potentially slipping on the icy rock. I am also aware of the camel’s footprints in the snow as, effectively, providing a stamp in the snow.

Now I am next to the camel which has come to an ascent, something like the side of a glacial valley. The rocks here are scree and loose. I am leading the camel up this ascent by its reins. I look at these rocks. Some of them are flat like slabs. Patterned on their surfaces, perhaps like fossils, I see concentric rings with radial spokes. They are about car wheel sized. In pattern they remind me of the cross section you might see by cutting through a carrot.

Thoughts welcome.

Rob

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Post Re: Camel in the Arctic
Hi Rob,

One “level of getting it”, in reaction to the imagery, suggests a union of opposites of hot and cold. In alchemical language it is a connection to the union of the masculine (air, fire) and feminine (earth, water) principles.

This potential coniunctio is focused on stone or the opus – a fossil in it or something from the natural world. This reminded me of the movie I watched the other night – the 2002 dinosaur version of The Lost World – where in modern times a journey to a plateau in Brazil ( the South or where the feeling function is geographically located) there is found a stranded natural world of dinosaurs and other Jurassic period animals. North is geographically considered to be connected with thinking – that cold, impersonal, logical attitude.
Attachment:
The Lost World.jpg
The Lost World.jpg [ 44.68 KiB | Viewed 1162 times ]

Like this it seems your dream suggests a quest for something left behind in the natural world. The natural world is something connected to the feminine principle – something encountered in the lower chakras and most specifically in the “water world” of the 2nd chakra, the “belly brain” – the “other center of knowing”.

Gregory

Last edited by Gregory Sova on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Post Re: Camel in the arctic
Thanks for that, Gregory, does make some sense to me. My own dream interpretations always have a “roughly” or “vaguely” sense to them. Your interpretation does add to my own.

Since posting I have in fact made an association to the camel. It relates to the tarot High Priestess and third letter of the Hebrew alphabet, “Gimel” - camel.

Thus form Paul Foster Case's, "the Tarot", on the High Priestess:

"suggest travel, communication, commerce, …combination, coexistence, …symbolises moisture,…cold and moist (moon),…chief feminine elder,…prima materia,…Eve, before her union with Adam,.."Etc.

I am sure I have read Paul Foster Case on the High Priestess before at some time. Interesting that my dream refers me to do so again.

Regards,

Rob

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]