UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:21 am

[ 11 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Tarot Magician/Chariot dream 

Post Tarot Magician/Chariot dream
Dream: A male figure, an entertainer/magician perhaps, asks me to cut a card from a card deck. If I cut the right card I win 75k. I think this will be a considerable loss to this entertainer, but I also understand, maybe learn directly from him, that he is indemnified, is insured against this loss.

I cut a card, the winning card. I don’t exactly recall the card I cut but it was either the tarot Magician card and/or the card in the deck that, sequentially, comes two cards before the Magician.

I am in a taxi heading towards home. The fare meter is running rapidly. I am concerned that I might not have the taxi fare. At one point I get out of the taxi. I see the taxi is idling, near entry to a roundabout. The passenger door is opened as if to invite me to get back in. I do get back in. I am less concerned about the rapidly running meter.

Thoughts welcome, especially about the numerical significance of the number 75 and “the card in the deck that, sequentially, comes two cards before the Magician.”

(Also, of interest, I have just cut the tarot deck about this dream. I cut the Chariot. )

Rob

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Post Re: Tarot Magician/Chariot dream
My preferred book on Tarot describe the Magician as "Key 1", and Number 2.

Two cards sequentially before the Magician would then be "Key minus 1", "Magicianess" perhaps and/or Number 0 (no such card in the deck, perhaps then the Joker card).

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm

And a good Christmas to you as well: Don't know but the issue of the meter running in para two may suggest as you approach the roundabout ( a British traffic circle?) a turnstyle or crossraods or roundabout could suggest you are approaching a transition of consciousness which may be ascribed to you age, the world condition in which you live or a shift in collective Unconscious rising in everyone. I propose all three have been making these dreams Imagerelevant. Fear of the meter running out may suggest your lacking trust in trusting the journey approaching to the Magician as guide (the three days before I got married - a change in consciousness - I dreamed that I had to cross a bridge and apprehension was present in the dream by the condition of the road - an Indian - Cochise - entered the car and drove it across the bridge - help from the sub American gods in the unconscious). So your getting back into the car implies a decision to go toward with the turning ahead.

Incidentally, there is the most popular American magazine which is sold as grocery stores and recently asked readers to name most liked TV show. The show named was "Doctor Who" which is not even shown on American TV but only borrowed from BBC. We have watched the new series and have watched it for two generations now. I find it in the last season (containing writing by Neil Gaimon author of the perceptive "American Gods" and "Sandman" books now in their 25th year) to be some of the best writing ever to appear on any screen, big or small. But my case is that American consciousness ('new gods" in Gaimon's phrase) is uniting again with "old gods" of Britannia and Europe. ("The spaceship has landed," - Steve Jobs.)

To review; Doctor Who travels in a phone booth/police box which represents the human timeless psyche - the police box is vast on the inside like the pysche and small on the outside.

And this: Christmas is the oldest celebration of northern European consciousness particularly in Brittania, France and Germany: It precedes the birth of the Christ by thousands of years: See Robert Graves' "The White Goddess." In Graves' account the "deathless child" is born annually to the Earth Mother on Winter solstice which I think is today.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Christ = sun?
This morning I had a dream (unfortunately I only remember a few details):
I'm with a man (a scientist?) And others. Under our feet(?), we see our solar system appear: the planets farthest to nearest, and finally the sun.
The man concludes: "God exists anew."

Good Christmas to all :)

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks Bernie, that resonates with me.

I don’t know Dr Who well enough to comment, but I like the thought about the Tardis.

Another dream I had included a roundabout: I was behind a car which was trying to enter the roundabout. Some congestion delayed us both. Then we both entered. Now I exit the roundabout now driving a juggernaut. I am careful about a group of school-children near the roadside as I exit.

My sense is that Two entered the Self, One exited.

Fox, I missed your connection there but, for your info, I heard “the Christ has risen” recently in a dream.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Two enter one leaves at the turnstyle - the archetype of Khrishna losing his skin and rising out of it is this telling, droppping off the "old body" for a new "dance of Creation; a creative dance of life and death." Jung had this dream as well of his old self falling away to enter new consciousness. And of course, this picture, tells exactly the same story: the old "skins" are lost - corpses (Madame Trufaud's wax figures) - rumor arose then that "the Beatles are dead" and they rose out of it as butterflies. Note C.G. top row center.Image

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Bernie, after a quick research of Krishna, the following seems relevant:

When younger I did much of my sea-fishing on the Gower peninsula in South Wales, (close to where friend drowned in stormy sea.) There is a place called Blue Pool Bay, named for a large high up rock-pool remaining when tide recedes, the pool popular for cliff jumping/diving when tide has receded.

I was there in a recent dream, invited to jump in. The tide was in – swashing into the pool, over the “lip” of the pool.

A place for mullet fishing too.

And how did I guess that! - that Dylan Thomas (Welsh poet) –who lived in the area - would be among those faces on the album cover. He is, I just researched it, second row, five from left.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:15 pm

I've an association with Thomas - he used to drink at a well known bar in NYC, the White Horse (like Pegasus).

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

Cool!

I read his biography many years ago. As I recall he was well-known in many public houses.

I did like his quote about Wales: "The Land of my Fathers. And they can bloody keep it." (Or similar.)

:lol:

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm lost on the detail here but I have a strong sense that I pulled up a 7 and 5 from the collective unconscious, these in order to measure a shadow projection of a "7" and "5" which entered my psyche from without, also projected at female colleague.

Bad trickster projects shadow as a "true and positive" (but actually false) 7 and 5. Good trickster (my ego picking the card) picks the Magician. But this is not enough to do the balancing, digs deeper. Anima as Magicianess or as female side of trickster gives male side of trickster a compensatory true 7 and 5, a "minus" 7 and 5. Minus meaning "Take that back!" directed at bad Trickster.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 pm

For info: I have a strong sense that the 7 and 5 relate to measuring. Possibly they relate to distinguishing a “12” which entered my psyche disguised as a “6+6”, but in fact it was a 7 + 5. (That mind-game I have mentioned.)

Also, think of the prime numbers: 2,3,5,7, etc, which as you know are fundamental to all the natural numbers. With these you can measure anything. (And by the way I have long suspected they relate to irrationals in some way).

With a 2 and 3 (2x3=6) one is limited to what one can measure. Sometimes you need a 5 and a 7, and so on for the larger primes.

And I note from Wikepedia that the number central to twin primes is always divisible by 6. I had some sense of this before I researched it.

Vaguely I suspect that consciousness is enlarged at specific levels. These levels I suspect at or around the twin prime level.

This is all vague, I know. But I sense I am on to something here.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]