UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 am

[ 32 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Meeting Jung 

Post Meeting Jung
I have been pondering these two dreams for about 5 weeks (they occurred about 90 minutes apart, but I felt that they were connected):

'I am at a church service – I think it is a funeral. It seems that another service is being conducted in parallel nearby. This other service is Roman Catholic, and those officiating here are hostile to it. Someone (a priest?) claims that the Catholic service involves alcohol, and that a large bottle of some alcoholic beverage was placed at the front of the service. He points out a similar position here, at the front of a wooden panel. He invites an old man to come forward, with a large bandage over one eye. He is supposedly either Aleister Crowley or Oliver Cromwell, but he is clearly neither.'

'I am in a large hall talking to Carl Jung. He seems to be in his 50s, and is trying to help me. He offers to perform some secret rite for me, although he is concerned that it is 'too dangerous'. I don't think that he has ever used it before, and I am not sure exactly what my problem is perceived to be. I have the feeling that the danger is not just to me, but may affect the world more widely. It also seems that I must agree to this procedure before Jung will act. I do so, and we stand apart, with a sense of massive tension between us. He projects something towards me (perhaps towards my heart), although nothing is visible. I expect to experience some sensation, but nothing seems to happen. I fall to the ground, although I think that I do this deliberately. I am aware of my head on the ground (there is a dream in 'Memories, Dreams, Reflections' where Jung discusses submission to 'a higher law than the will of the ego' in connection with one's head touching or nearly touching the ground). Jung is still present, and I try to make sense of what I have experienced. At first I cannot remember, but then I recapture a memory. The realisation is connected with the role of suffering in the world. It seems that the secret is that we could have an alternative world without suffering, but that there would be no spiritual growth. I laugh, and ponder whether we are now in such a world. I walk past a group of people at a church service, which seems to be an alternative world. They are dressed as if in a past age, perhaps the 18th Century. I notice a girl, perhaps in her teens, with black hair. She seems pleasant, although I am not sure what is significant about her.'

It seems to be about maintaining the tensions of our diverse natures, which can never be comfortable (I am never comfortable with the notion of the nobility of suffering). Also about treasures held by our descendants in a living past, whom we may have outgrown in some respects (the 18th Century people).

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited by Patrick Booker on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Post Re: Meeting Jung
Hi Patrick,

I was getting that one-eyed man in my dreams some six months ago. I never followed up greatly but I think I am right in referring you to Wotan.

And maybe I disagree, maybe suffering is noble, the alchemical fire at work?

Regards,

Rob

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Patrick - It is a special occation to hear you tell of a dream. I am only at the first sentence and will stop there till morning the better to read it fresh but the phrase "parrallel" event suggests the origen of the British (perhaps the world as Victoria was a world Queen/goddess/archtype) mythical cycle - I'd recently been watching a Canadian production of The Tudors which reveals the Anglo coniunctio in the "sacred intercourse" between Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn - the male principle and female principle of Protestantism, which gave birth to Elizabeth I, agent of the modern world and England's rise from the thousand years of sleep in the unconscious to the conscious. There are four things: Anne the Protestant matriarch of history and Catherine, Henry's first wife and Catholic - thus the hostility of the church down the way: and their two warring offspring: Elizabeth vying and winning against the Catholic offspring of Catherine, Mary. (This war still lives in the heart.) This is an age (funeral) which could well be coming to an end.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

Rob, I take your point about alchemical fire. There is a wonderful alchemical novel by Patrick Harpur, 'Mercurius or, the Marriage of Heaven and Earth', in which one of the characters, known as Vulcan, has half of his body scarred and consumed by fire as a result of an alchemical experiment. But this reflects conscious suffering.

http://www.harpur.org/mercurius_squeeze.htm

Perhaps Wotan/Odin can sometimes represent one who shuts down aspects of their perception in order to access others not easily available today? Just speculating.

Bernie, the alternative scenario could well have been Elizabethan. I am sure there is an alchemical process going on in British history, going back to Merlin's red and white dragons. Maybe Cromwell and Crowley, apparently as opposite as two men could be, are flickering, half-glimpsed images of a dance of contraries.

Regards,

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited by Patrick Booker on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

The names of Cromwell and Crowley - some similarity (both men prone to a form of excess). The initials - OC and AC. 'O' suggests something inward and seeking completion, 'A' something expressed and outward. This is probably one aspect of the polar forces concealed with British history.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Patrick, I will check out Patrick Harpur’s book, no doubt add it to my backlog.

And, yes, I seem to remember that the lost eye represents a sacrifice made for greater gain.

A few other thoughts:

I see your head bowing to earth as the male bowing to the female, the thinking function giving way to the feeling function, the ego connecting to the prima materia perhaps.

Is Jung Trickster here? My own experience is that the anima comes in on the heels of the trickster. Trickster as patron of the Hermetic arts, the secret rite, the vessel kept sealed.

“I have the feeling that the danger is not just to me, but may affect the world more widely.”

From my own experience an influx of the collective unconscious (and, yes, can be dangerous), experienced personally is in fact a collective matter, involves other people.

I think the girl is the influx, and as dark haired anima, needs more firing perhaps. Congrats.

Also, for me, a year ago perhaps, I was in a dream under attack by what seemed to be a Minotaur, or horse-headed man. I had no weapon for defense. In much fear I threw a handful of air at it. It backed off. I'm not sure what this means for me but in your case I think Trickster Jung as Mercurial binding agent just married head (air) and heart (feeling).

The two funerals may simply be the end of the Christian Aion, the end of both Catholic and Protestant. The priest is you. Your protest at Catholic spirituality (alcohol) gives way to a union of the two, even a resurrection of sorts - or marriage of spirit and earth, alcohol and wood panel. The other Church service is the marriage perhaps. Speculating here.

And can you relate Aleister Crowley to the “Law” “I will” and Oliver Cromwell to “I protest” or “I will not”? A nice opposition for you there!

Regards

Rob

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Head on the ground - Jung the instructive shaman here telling you to submit. Prostration and lowering the head or covering the head in every discipline of spirit to enter the deeper temple. I've mentioned here about a dream longImage ago of three old skulls (incidentally, they appear in Buffy, the Vampire Slayer in astonishingly similar fashion) and a swirlnig light in a temple which much resembles the Temple of the Nativity and a voice from them but athreal says, "Keep your head down in the house of God" - in this dream perhaps Jung calls you to find - submit to - the deeper meaning and purpose.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 pm
Profile WWW

Not wanting to hijack your post here Patrick, but following on from “Minotaur” I just had this dream:

I see a plane attempting to make emergency landing on a highway. Police cars in pursuit. The plane diverts to another nearby road, this one also straight but undulating. I am doubtful if this is the wiser choice.

I see a juggernaut, without driver, out of control, it crashes into a parked car.

I see a rampaging bull. There is some sense or effort underway to calm it. I see two animal pens side by side , both “A- shaped” triangular, one common side between them. In the left pen I see the bull surrounded by sheep. I know that it must not be placated here. There is a man laid back, relaxed, arm’s folded along the back of the bull, head to tail. The bull crashes through the pen wall into the right pen which is empty. Now in the right pen, the bull "knees" into the ground. The man slides off the bull’s back as it does so.

Someone offers me a watch as free gift. It is much like one I own and I think I do not need it. It is gold faced, has brown strap. Slightly better than my own, in fact, as the face is not scratched. I seem to understand that I will be getting this same free gift again and again in the future.

Roughly (as always) I have this one figured out. Still, comments welcome.

Regards,

Rob

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 am

Patrick Booker wrote:
I fall to the ground, although I think that I do this deliberately. I am aware of my head on the ground (there is a dream in 'Memories, Dreams, Reflections' where Jung discusses submission to 'a higher law than the will of the ego' in connection with one's head touching or nearly touching the ground).

Jung was actually unable to competely touch the ground with his head - there was a remnant of his own will present, as he acknowledged.

I think you are probably right, Bernie.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited by Patrick Booker on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:15 am

Rob wrote:
And can you relate Aleister Crowley to the “Law” “I will” and Oliver Cromwell to “I protest” or “I will not”? A nice opposition for you there!

Yes, that makes sense. They need balancing - another vowel, 'I'?

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am

Your dream reminds me of Cretan bull leaping, Rob. Something to do with timing?

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am

Post Afghanistan Dream
I found this dream in my journal, more recent than the one about Jung:

'I am in Afghanistan, seated with another man and waiting for some powerful individual to arrive. I am not sure whether he is an official or some local warlord, but apparently he is unpredictable and everyone is scared of him. I am told to address him as 'sir'. The other man at the table is another Westerner, but I think that I am just visiting, and in particular danger. The Afghan man enters – he is small, and reminds me of President Karzai (I think he is wearing a fur hat). He seems angry, and has a revolver. He holds it first to my left eye and then to the centre of my forehead, pulling the trigger both times. But the gun is not loaded, and there is only a click. I ignore him, very aware and alert, and not afraid of death. Clearly he is trying to frighten me. When he speaks to me, I take care to call him 'sir'. As he leaves, I say, “Nice to meet you.” He seems surprised, as if he is rarely addressed in this way. He says, “Something to do with flowers and vibrations.”. He seems confused, and draws close, trying to stroke my genitals, and then those of my companion. We both shuffle away and try to stop him. I think he leaves.
Later I am with others, perhaps in a work situation. I want to talk about my experience, and someone encourages me to release my feelings. I explain that if one does not fear death, there is nothing to fear. But I qualify this, saying that I fear torture.'

There is the Odin/'loss of an eye' theme here again. Afghanistan, strange and untamed, seems to represent a state of consciousness, with attendant dangers (as applies to the country, of course). My companion, although a Westerner, is living in Afghanistan, and clearly more at home there than I am. He is an aspect of myself, I think.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 am

Post One-eyed Seeing
Rob wrote:
I see a plane attempting to make emergency landing on a highway. Police cars in pursuit. The plane diverts to another nearby road, this one also straight but undulating. I am doubtful if this is the wiser choice.

Hi Rob,

Your “undulating” or wavy road caught my interest. How did the plane divert to the other nearby road? Did it have to make a turn of say 90 degrees? As you know an airplane is the dominate image for our time in history – we are too much in the clouds, in the air, in the head i.e., in the masculine principle or Logos ego consciousness. Too land on the wavy road indicates the antidote – Eros ego consciousness. Of course that can be a “bumpy”, dangerous landing for if not done properly “you crash” which psychologically means you suffer a depression.
Attachment:
Road Undulating.jpeg
Road Undulating.jpeg [ 32.8 KiB | Viewed 4833 times ]

It’s a connection to the dual nature of light (read: consciousness) – for depending on how it is observed it can be particle-like (straight and smooth - single slit experiment) or wave-like potential being (straight and undulating - double slit experiment). I often imagine the single slit experiment as observing out of the right eye only (=’s left brain or logical thinking). Left eye only observing would represent the double slit experiment (right brain or altered consciousness) that artist’s, poets, or feeling types operate out of. This has a connection to Patrick’s Meeting Jung dream in which an old man (read: the old King seeking renewal) wears a bandage over one eye. Further, to your dreams of one-eyed figures. The suggestion of the one-eyed god Wotan seems appropriate for I see that connection also comes up in my material.

For example, a few months ago while “looking within” I suddenly saw MLvF appear in the blackness who says to me, “We have gathered in this darkened room to be with Hitler who thinks that you are his son. You must act crazy or he will not accept you.” – something that came up recently in Birthing 'The Holocaust' From Her Left Thigh. Later, in reality, I shared this comment with my wife. She said, “What happened to being Gandhi’s son?” I then realized that MLvF’s comment is a connection to Jung’s dream of 1939 whose message was that “Hitler was God’s instrument”. Hitler’s chthonic activities brought the world’s attention to the Norse God, Wotan aka Odin, which Jung characterized as “breaking through the thin veneer of Christianity that cloaked the German psyche”. Hitler became possessed by the “chthonic urge” and in that inflated state unleashed a destructive manifestation of the chthonic side of the Self, the Eros Self, because it received a poor reception (a very unconscious reception). “Acting crazy” seems to suggest one be in an altered state.

Quote:
Odin (Woden or Wotan) was the Father of all the Gods and men.
Attachment:
Wotan.gif
Wotan.gif [ 9.67 KiB | Viewed 4833 times ]

Odin is pictured either wearing a winged helm or a floppy hat, and a blue-grey cloak. He can travel to any realm within the 9 Nordic worlds. His two ravens, Huginn and Munin (Thought and Memory) fly over the world daily and return to tell him everything that has happened in Midgard. He too is a psychopomp; a chooser of those slain in battle.

Odin is generally accepted as the modern English form of the name, although, in some cases, older forms may be used or preferred. His name is related to ōðr, meaning "fury, excitation," besides "mind," or "poetry." His role, like that of many of the Norse gods, is complex. Odin is associated with war, battle, victory and death, but also wisdom, magic, poetry, prophecy, and the hunt.

Gregory

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Patrick, interesting, I recall the one-eyed man in one of my three such dreams relating to me how he lost the other having been hit by a ricochet bullet, which hit the leg of a target stand, on a firing range, and shot from three boys on a moving van shooting wildly.

Gregory, thanks for all that. To quickly answer your question, the plane, I now recall, was going away from me, but also more right to left, when coming down over the straight highway. The undulating road was almost parallel and left of the highway, and when the plane diverted it was now heading more towards me.) Your photo is just about perfectly what I saw by the way, even the slight angle. I never saw the plane turn, but overall I suspect your guess of 90 degrees is about right (and I really wonder how you got that?) for the turn. But, then, the two roads parallel would seem to mean 180 degrees!

I did see the sine wave and cyclic motion aspect of the undulating road, and the bumpy landing ahead. Didn’t think about the particle/wave duality. Interesting, glad you pointed this out. Your Hitler paragraph is a bit over my head, but just about getting it.

Both, actually I will have to search my digital voice recorder for the last eight months or more for the one-eyed man dreams, to see if I can add anything more here. I’ll do my best.

Regards,

Rob

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Patrick – This Afghanistan dreams seems a product of the global gestalt in which willfully or unwillingly we are taken and part of but not in control of its parts, resulting in a collective neurosis – an external rather than internal issue: Must be particularly difficult to someone with substantial inner resources like yourself. Possibly relates to the Jung head-to-the-ground issue: His advice, to ignore the external and follow a greater path to the inner life. But it is just my impression.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:06 am
Profile WWW

It’s remarkable for me how outer world (this thread) often prompts my inner world.

Thus today’s eye dream: I am advised by an old school friend (a joker type) to wipe my right eye because it is gooey, perhaps gluey, on the eye-lid. He gives me something like a hygiene wipe to do so. I wipe it. I realise that he has tricked me, played a joke on me, when the hygiene wipe, having been a fake one, disintegrates, sticks to the goo, and now my right eye is sort of “tarred and feathered”.

I use a shop front window as a mirror to see the damage. But actually now I see that the eye is fine.

Now I have made some defamatory comment/joke about another friend nearby, see him slightly upset, and apologise to him. He then jokingly describes me as being “the bad boy”. A dark haired girl (attractive, slightly sluttish) does not believe him. But I seem to have to admit it.

Two girls now walk to me, one an older woman. She hugs me. The other, the dark haired girl, kisses me on lips leaving her lipstick on my lips. She wants to wipe it off. I say, “Nah, no problem, just leave it.”

To me, this dream says (roughly) that trickster cycle completed, the anima follows. Unsure about the eye connection.

[Association: My friend who tricked me here was long ago nicknamed “Burber”, slightly like his surname, and because he used to mumble his words. Today I might associate "Burber" to "Bar Bar", "Barbarian"]

Hope I am adding to the thread here, rather than diverting it.

Last edited by Rob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 am

Post Death of the Old King
Gregory Sova wrote:
This has a connection to Patrick’s Meeting Jung dream in which an old man (read: the old King seeking renewal) wears a bandage over one eye.

Oliver Cromwell killed King Charles I. There was a 'new King' later, I suppose (Charles II).

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:00 am

The One-Eyed Trickster does seem connected to all this to me, Rob.

We live in an age in which the Prince of Wales may (or may not) one day be King Charles III. In practical terms, royalty is pretty much an irrelevence today (at least for me), but it does seem to still have an unconscious symbolic role. I suppose that we are projecting our own inner realities onto these figures (one need only look at the public reaction to the death of Diana).

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 am

Post Re: Afghanistan Dream
Patrick Booker wrote:
Afghanistan, strange and untamed, seems to represent a state of consciousness, with attendant dangers (as applies to the country, of course).

Eros consciousness?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:23 am

Maybe so, Fox. How does Eros consciousness experience death?

My Afghan official is a trickster too. To convince me I am about to died, and then not to (literally) kill me - it doesn't get much trickier than that.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Patrick Booker wrote:
Maybe so, Fox. How does Eros consciousness experience death?

I don't know but Afghanistan is one of the major producer of narcotics in the world. Taking drugs = death of the Logos.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Patrick, this might be worth a read just now:

The Ballad of East and West

Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

Kamal is out with twenty men to raise the Border-side,
And he has lifted the Colonel's mare that is the Colonel's pride.
He has lifted her out of the stable-door between the dawn and the day,
And turned the calkins upon her feet, and ridden her far away.

Rudyard Kipling

Full poem here:

http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/k ... _west.html

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Post Re: Afghanistan Dream
Patrick Booker wrote:
As he leaves, I say, “Nice to meet you.” He seems surprised, as if he is rarely addressed in this way. He says, “Something to do with flowers and vibrations.”. He seems confused, and draws close, trying to stroke my genitals, and then those of my companion. We both shuffle away and try to stop him.

Maybe he wants to show that sex with the World Soul is important. The Rosarium could show how "to do with flowers and vibrations" , a meeting with Eros.

Just a hypothesis.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Post Tar And Feather ‘Seeing’
Rob wrote:
...today’s eye dream: I am advised by an old school friend (a joker type) to wipe my right eye because it is gooey, perhaps gluey, on the eye-lid. He gives me something like a hygiene wipe to do so. I wipe it. I realise that he has tricked me, played a joke on me, when the hygiene wipe, having been a fake one, disintegrates, sticks to the goo, and now my right eye is sort of “tarred and feathered”.

Given the colors it seems this eye is “blinded” in order to help see the opposites as one. A possible connection to chicken feathers and the need for an altered consciousness in order to approach the Eros Self with a certain right attitude. Being a "bad boy" seems meant.
Attachment:
tarred_feathered.jpg
tarred_feathered.jpg [ 54.88 KiB | Viewed 4785 times ]

Quote:
Tarring and feathering is a physical punishment and a form of torture, used to enforce unofficial justice or revenge. It was used in feudal Europe and its colonies in the early modern period, as well as the early American frontier, mostly as a type of mob vengeance (compare Lynch law).

It seems you really should rely on “left eye seeing” more – the undulating road the airplane is trying to land on returns. BTW if the airplane made a 180 degree turn that means it is now flying in the opposite direction.

I will try to further clarify the Hitler business in a future post.

Gregory

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Gregory, thanks, but actually you can hold on clarifying the Hitler stuff on my behalf. I’m just about getting it. Also, I’ll try to find time to re-read Jung’s “Essays on Contemporary Events.”

Still thinking about the eye dreams (Plus recent one where I was fully blind, might post later.)

Regards

Rob

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Post Preface To Essays on Contemporary Events
In case the forum would like to catch a glimpse of what Jung had to say - see Jung’s Essay On All Father Wotan for his reaction to Hitler's possession and how it infected the whole of Germany. Given Jung's prognosis it seems we all will have to come to grips with Wotan's reawakening.
Attachment:
Essays-on-Contemporary-Events-Jung-Carl-Gustav.jpg
Essays-on-Contemporary-Events-Jung-Carl-Gustav.jpg [ 57.26 KiB | Viewed 4772 times ]

Quote:
If we apply our admittedly peculiar point of view consistently, we are driven to conclude that Wotan must, in time, reveal not only the restless, violent, stormy side of his character, but, also, his ecstatic and mantic qualities -- a very different aspect of his nature. If this conclusion is correct, National Socialism would not be the last word. Things must be concealed in the background which we cannot imagine at present, but we may expect them to appear in the course of the next few years or decades. Wotan's reawakening is a stepping back into the past; the stream was damned up and has broken into its old channel. But the Obstruction will not last forever; it is rather a reculer pour mieux sauter, and the water will overleap the obstacle. Then, at last, we shall know what Wotan is saying when he "murmers with Mimir's head."

I could not find a link that might include the text.

Gregory

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 am

(Please accept apology, Gregory. I hadn’t meant to cut you off. I just thought you might be doing a bit too much work on my behalf there. Wasn’t sure.)

Thanks for the link. (My own copy is actually on lend.) Reading now.

Rob

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am

Hey Gregory, glad you posted the link, I might have got lazy or distracted and not re-read it on pending return of my own copy. And Phew!

I see what you mean now by Hitler as God, a compensation for incomplete Christianity.

And note this: A few months ago I had a very simple dream that I was laying down, dozing, and a wind rushed through the room, specifically blew over my legs.

And note this too: last night’s dream (before I read Wotan essay) went like this:

I am with two others, leading horses along a path midway up a sloping cliff. There is suggestion that we taking a very steep down-path to a beach below. I think the horses will not make the descent. We descend, now without horses. Now on a beach / flat rock plain, raging sea pounding the shoreline.

Someone points out that there are shallow furrows which have been grooved out of the flat rock we are standing on. The furrows form a recognizable rectangle. I also understand that the furrows have been made by sharks rubbing their bellies along the grooves, and in counter-clockwise fashion (albeit along the rectangle edge). I don’t feel particularly interested in this observation and step away from the rectangle to make ascent of the cliffs again. Somewhere here I vaguely associate the rectangle with “Senate.”

Reminds me of this from the essay:

It was not in Wotan's nature to linger on and show signs of old age. He simply disappeared when the times turned against him, and remained invisible for more than a thousand years, working anonymously and indirectly. Archetypes are like riverbeds which dry up when the water deserts them, but which it can find again at any time. An archetype is like an old watercourse along which the water of life has flowed for centuries, digging a deep channel for itself. The longer it has flowed in this channel the more likely it is that sooner or later the water will return to its old bed. The life of the individual as a member of society and particularly as a part of the State may be regulated like a canal, but the life of nations is a great rushing river which is utterly beyond human control, in the hands of One who has always been stronger than men.

I’ll content myself now with a favourite quote from Nietzsche/Zarathustra:

Flee, my friend, into your solitude, and to where the raw, rough breeze blows. It is not your fate to swat flies. [Thus Spake Zarathustra, Chapter “The Flies of the Market Place.]

Regards,

Rob

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 pm

And now this really gets nuts!

A second dream or later part of the dream went like this:

I am in a pub/restaurant (one in which I came close to venting some anger recently) and I ask the barmaid (blue-eyed blonde) for three packets of nuts. She brings them. She returns and I ask for another three packets. She brings them. She returns and I ask for another three packets, this time, I ask for larger sized packets. She looks a bit annoyed at me but goes to fetch them. Another blonde girl comments to me “That’s a nice corsair (or coarse hair?) shirt you are wearing, Rob.”” I say “It was the only one I could find.” (As in, I would not normally wear such.) The shirt is black, very tight to my skin.

Now, just researching “Wotan” I find:

Wotan was the Germanic god equivalent to Odin, within the circle of runes there is the "The Valknot" which is the symbol of Odin/Wotan, the three entwined triangles represent Odin's nature as well as the knot around a hanged man's neck, the nine worlds (3 triangles = 9 sides), the nine days Odin hung, the nine valkyries, and the nine parts of the soul. To wear a Valknot is to pledge yourself to Odin. It is sometimes known as the knot of death and wearing it is not to be taken lightly. One saying is "I wear a valknot that way when I die, the Valkyries know where to take me."

Regards,

Rob (Is someone messing with my archetypes?)

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Post A Rushing Wind Blowing Over My Legs
Rob wrote:
A few months ago I had a very simple dream that I was laying down, dozing, and a wind rushed through the room, specifically blew over my legs.

Very interesting given my Pentecostal experience image previously shared in Birthing 'The Holocaust' From Her Left Thigh.
Attachment:
Man Holy Ghost.jpg
Man Holy Ghost.jpg [ 31.02 KiB | Viewed 4754 times ]

Thanks for sharing.

In 1999 I inquired of an inner male figure "Can you help me?" This figure looked just like a classic image of Christ but was instead his brother Satan who said "they were like twins" - different sides of the same coin I thought. He then said to me, "The helps that I can give is that you shall be blind (introversion is meant) and you shall be lamed (live like a monk)." That happened in the midst of the beginning of a descent into Dante's Inferno.

Gregory

P.S. I guess humanity will need to learn how to "phone home" and digest/assimilate the Wisdom that comes forth from the lower chakras.
Attachment:
iPhone5 Lava Fork.jpg
iPhone5 Lava Fork.jpg [ 31.96 KiB | Viewed 4749 times ]

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Gregory: “Birthing Dionysus, "The Holocaust", out of the left thigh indeed seems meant. Like this the activity of the Holy Spirit at our time in history is confirmed as being the Eros/Eros Self that now weighs-in. But we should keep in mind that our standpoint rests on the support of two thigh-bones - the right thigh bone in the HermAphrodite/HermAphrodite would thus represent the region of the birth from which the Logos/Logos Self emerged. Like this spirit and matter, yang and yin join forces in helping humanity quest for wholeness.”

This interests me. A few weeks ago I dreamt that I was wearing white soled shoes with red uppers. A small figure (like mini-me in the Austin Powers film perhaps, or young child) stood between my legs one foot on each of mine as I walked along. Then the figure disappeared and seemed to be incorporated into, or had become my thighs. (I thought this dream was just some phallic reference at the time.)

Rob

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Dream: I see £1 and £2 coins scattered about. I collect them up favouring the £1 coins, leaving the £2 coins. A male figure (a university Mathematics student I once knew) is also collecting the coins. He may be a rival or friend here, not sure. He advises me that a plane has come down, crashed, somewhere in the distance. He points a route to it which involves a straight road leading to a roundabout, the second exit to be taken. This route, I understand, is not taken too often. We both head in this direction, he leading, me reluctant to be led by rival.

We arrive in the area, a grassy field. I do not see the plane. But somehow I know that it has come down and its back is broken and it is now in a V shape. The plane is white and red.

There are coaches around and many people, panicking, to get out of this dangerous area for there being some sort of attack (bombs? mortars?) coming from the skies. The coach drivers will not let them on the coaches. Otherwise, I think, this attack is merely an exercise.

(Patrick, apologies, I seem to have hijacked your post. My psyche is in overdrive at the moment.)

Rob

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]