UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:28 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Being Born? 

Post Being Born?
Dream: I’m told by a girl (ex-flatmate) that another girl whom she now lives with (in the same ex flat-share) is about to move out and start her own business. This business involves the military in some way.

I am now being chased by a monster (very much reminds me of that blind (?) one which has eyes in the palms of its hands that chases the girl in the film “Pan’s Labyrinth.” It chases me up some steps, through some doors/corridors. Then I find I am ascending through a tight zig-zag passage with walls made of industrial tarpaulin. I wonder (actually in the dream, I wonder) if I am “being born” here. Now I find that I am at the bottom of a wide cylindrical sink-hole. This I know I have to now climb to reach ground level. I also know that at some previous time I had actually descended down this same sink-hole, on some sort of mission.

Thoughts welcome.

Rob

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 am

Post Eyes In Palms Of Hands
Rob wrote:
I am being chased by a monster (very much reminds me of that blind (?) one which has eyes in the palms of its hands that chases the girl in the film Pan’s Labyrinth. It chases me up some steps, through some doors/corridors. Then I find I am ascending through a tight zig-zag passage with walls made of industrial tarpaulin. I wonder (actually in the dream, I wonder) if I am “being born” here. Now I find that I am at the bottom of a wide cylindrical sink-hole. This I know I have to now climb to reach ground level.

Some reactions to your dream. The monstrous “prison pallor” pale man from Pan’s Labyrinth seems to be a disowned aspect of yourself in a process that can help the Wisdom coming from the feminine principle to be consciously seen. Hands are the vehicles that help bring the hidden contents of the unconscious into one’s consciousness. When one is blind to the outer world and lamed to its demands – the eyes move to the hands. The pent-up psychic energy is allowed to sink into the unconscious which can then use it to “erupt” its messages – the images you see in the inner world or its sensations, voices, and impressions. The next step in that process is to bring it to the light of day in a journal. As I recall you seem to leave it stored on a voice recorder? A further step would be to look for images on the Internet using say "Google images" in order to amplify on them a bit further - letting yourself be moved to pick one that seems to align with an inner sense as much as possible. I sometimes find that causes a reaction from the unconscious which gives a sudden further insight spontaneously. On and on like this. It is an ordeal. I guess that is why Edinger refers to those in our time entering the "Age of Aquarius" as needing to “endure the ordeal of the Apocalypse”.

Quote:
Apocalypse - A prophetic disclosure; a revelation.

That this creature chases you up some steps further amplifies on its purpose. To ascend stairs means to ascend in consciousness. To ascend from the sink-hole is another image for this it seems.

What was the color of the industrial tarpaulin (canvas)? The zig-zag aspect reminds me of a “wave” pattern – like your undulating black road where the airplane was trying to land. Following such a "wave" can certainly facilitate being second-born - this time by the effects of the chthonic aspect of the Eros Self.
Attachment:
Pale Man Pans Labyrinth.jpg
Pale Man Pans Labyrinth.jpg [ 27.19 KiB | Viewed 1772 times ]

I see that Pan has the horns of a Cape buffalo – an animal that has never been domesticated. Amplify with some information about this animal. I like to use Wikipedia. Although Pan comforts the feminine principle – she is trapped in matter. Her Wisdom can only see the light of day through your efforts to redeem her images – in this way her message is incarnated. No need to over amplify or to try to figure it all out. One waits for a synchronicity, a spontaneous impression or association. Over time the World Soul will help weave a message that you can understand. So relax and enjoy the ride. This animal never having been domesticated like the cow reminds me of what Edinger said in the following quote about the "archetype of seven" the number of the apocalypse.

Quote:
Indeed, one could say that the whole Book of Revelation is a bombardment with the archetype of “Seven” – going on and on, endlessly (Such as the 7 plagues, the 7 trumpets, the 7 churches, etc). It deserves our considered attention.

…”seven” refers to a process of a (Eros) Self-based dynamic sequence, leading to an experience of the (Eros) Self from the standpoint of the (Eros) Self. As I have indicated earlier, the basic theme of the apocalyptic process is the coming of the (Eros) Self into conscious realization which characteristically brings with it a good bit of anxiety. We can understand the dream that says anxiously that the “seventh” is on its way, if we realize that the number “seven” is the process whereby the (Eros) Self comes into realization through its own terms. Archetype of the Apocalypse, Edinger, pp. 55-58.

Keep collecting “data” like this on as much of the material that comes to you as possible.
Attachment:
Panslabyrinthsndtrk.jpg
Panslabyrinthsndtrk.jpg [ 15.12 KiB | Viewed 1772 times ]

Quote:
Indeed, once upon a time is a good place to start with a film like Pan’s Labyrinth. It is a fairytale above all, an especially dark one too that contains all of those classic mythical archetypes of Jung’s collective unconscious. We think of, for instance, the evil king, the heroine in distress, parallel universes, chimerical creatures, and the marching battle between good and evil (read: the battle between Spirit/Logos and matter/Eros) as portrayed in the story. The lead princess, Ofelia, a girl stripped of humanity (unincarnated), is crushed by grim realities and forced to draw upon the archetypal myths of the collective human imagination. Psycho-Critical Analysis of “Pan’s Labyrinth”: Myth, Psychology, Perceptual Realism, Eyes & Traumatic Despondency.

Good Luck,

Gregory

Last edited by Gregory Sova on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am

Post Re: Being Born?
Thank you Gregory,

This is all very helpful to me, starting to resonate with what you say in some of your other posts too.

The tarpaulin was blue and probably more “domestic” than “industrial", plastic more than canvass. I have used some in recent past to inner waterproof a leaky garden shed. The zig zag passage had a feel of “tent frame” to it. I have been camping in recent past. All earthy, then.

My digital voice recorder is a gold-mine, I am sure, albeit a daunting one for me. I am slowly transcribing, but actually getting out-paced by psychic upheaval at the moment. And, yes, thanks for reminding me of amplification technique.

I have ordered Edinger’s Archetype of the Apocalypse.

Regards

Rob

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 am

Post Side View Image of the Sink-hole
Could you make a simple sketch of a side view of the cylindrical sink-hole and post it on this thread?

Thanks,

Gregory

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 am

My sketching skills are not up to the task. I will though describe it as fully as I can:

First, I will add that after the zig-zag ascent I approached the lower end of the sink hole by route of a cave, perhaps 20 meters long. The cave also had a “corridor” feel about it, man-made or with some man-made refinement to a natural cave.

The sink-hole was about 6 metres in diameter, 20 metres deep (or high, looking up) and very close to circular/cylindrical. Its inner walls were somewhere between “naturally formed” and “man-made”, in the latter case built out of cobbled stones, mostly smooth, few rough, few hand-holds for what looked like it would be a difficult but not impossible climb. In colour – as stones - I recall light and dark brown patches, maybe the odd white stone here and there - as you might see in a cobbled wall. Yet, saying this, still the sink-hole had a “naturally formed” feel about it, too smooth for a cobbled wall. Altogether I had the sense that the sink-hole was “well-lit”, or that it was lighter than it should have been.

Not sure what you are looking for here but hope this adds.

Additional about the monster: Do you recall the scene in the film “Silent Hill” when the mother is en route to the town and is pulled up by a woman police officer? They first encounter a monster here, if I remember correctly, forming out as an armless one. Similar in my dream perhaps.

Rob

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Post Sink-Hole
Thanks Rob.

The reason I asked is because in 1999 I experienced a similar "hallow/hollow" being scraped into the earth. It had a hemispherical end at the bottom. Never understood what that was all about until I had a sudden interest in whether your "tube" had a hemispherical bottom shape - reminding me like this of a "test tube" like one sees in a chemistry lab.

Your "tube" sounds more like a well without water in it.

Gregory

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Yes, mine much like a dry well.

Yours: Test tube baby? Gotta love the alchemy there too.

Rob

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Post Dinner Fork Writing
Recently while meditating I saw a woman’s right hand making gestures as if she was writing. I could not see what she was writing with but I did see the end of a flat metal handle sticking up out of the region between the thumb and index finger base area – where one would normally see a pencil or pen shaft. I immediately knew she was writing with a dinner fork – like the one I saw in an earlier vision resting on the iPhone5 surface I shared with you in A Rushing Wind Blowing Over My Legs. It’s another amplification on having eyes in the palms of the hands – showing like this that “writing” helps one to digest and assimilate the inner life into ones own “body”, one’s own “essence”.
Attachment:
Writing Dinner Fork.jpg
Writing Dinner Fork.jpg [ 29.05 KiB | Viewed 1752 times ]

BTW, I photoshopped the above image as well as the iPhone 5 image. For the former I went to Google images on a web page and typed in “woman hand writing” Of course I found one using a pen. Then I found a dinner fork image and rotated it into the position shown. Finally in Adobe Elements 6 I used the tools in that software to create the above image. It takes some work to learn how to do this. I tried to take a class on how to use Adobe Elements in our area but I am too remote in where I live so I had to figure it out by “trial and error”. I share this detail because I have also found that when I spend time rendering images like this on occasion more insight sometimes spontaneously arises within.

Gregory

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Hmmm…somewhere in a hundred hours of recent dreams on my DVR (daunting voice recorder) there was a fork on the ground which caught my attention. In a University Campus, I think, and a girl too.

Your reference to the vesica piscis also resonates with a recent dream too (and prior to your post, not prompted by it) One where I was having spectacles re-lensed by female optician, Polaroid brown and Polaroid blue lenses as part of the issue.

I’m not too arty but, yes, I can see that writing helps the processing. I am in an extended writing process (domestic) at the moment.

So...to my DVR.

Rob

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]