UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:13 am

[ 8 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Cupped Hands form Ball/Cube 

Post Cupped Hands form Ball/Cube
Dream 1: A female figure on my left advising me not to write too much as too prosaic, but simply put a tick in the box of a form. I do so. A male figure approaches from my right. [These two I know, are boyfriend/girlfriend in real life.]

Context to Dream 2: I pondered (rightly or wrongly) on soul (feeling) and spirit (thinking) as simply being the same thing but viewed from male and female perspectives, soul being inferior in the male – locked in the body perhaps, spirit inferior in the female, locked in the mind. I also wondered where intuition and sensation would fit into this schema.

Dream 2: I see a girl with her boyfriend. The boyfriend appears distracted or she not interested in him. The girl moves towards me and somehow shows me that I should cup my hands into a ball, right hand over left hand. She similarly cups her hands and somehow places them within my own, mine on the outer of the ball, hers on the inner. This cupping of hands also seems to be in unison, or we are mirroring each other, as she cups her hands, I cup mine. Now we kiss.

On waking I vaguely sensed (or explored) each pair of hands as also forming a cube, each single hand being a “cup” of three linear squares folded to a “cup”.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:29 am

Post Re: Cupped Hands form Ball/Cube
The right hand over the left hand is fascinating. As you likely know if you have ever seen a kung fu movie, the Taoist greeting in China is the left hand covering the right hand; the right hand hiding in a fist: It is to say that I come in peace and my yin hand controls my yang hand as we meet. But if trouble appears, the yang hand is ready. But in this dream the feminine figure in dream 2 hides the yin hand; hides the soul or psyche or Unconscious from the outside.

My kids were putting up a cresche scene yesterday and I said, "Are you sure you've got the figures on the right side of the Child? They said, "Huh?" This symbolism is more precisely conveyed in "Alias" as the matematical icon <0>.

What I like about this image is that it conveys the same story as the Hindu Three: Vishnu the advancing karma (>). Shiva the receding karma (<) and Brahma neither one nor other but all (0). An old British novelist conveyed the imperial view as presenting the human race as the top of the "chain of being" with animals below and vegitables lower, etc. But Buddha said when he received Enlightenment he felt he shared something with the animals. This is conveyed in the chreche scene.

Generally Mary is as in this picture on the left OF US as we view the picture. And Joseph on the right and the Christ in center (0). So this is our dream not the Christ's. It would be the other way around. But we are possibly Brahma/the Christ's dream. ("I am he.")Image

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Bernie, that's all new stuff for me.

And, yes, that right hand over left fascinates me even further. I'm sitting here playing with my hands now, trying to figure this out who to punch or not punch. :? :)

For further info: In Dream 2 the distracted boyfriend moved off to the right, then the girl came towards me slightly from the left.

Merry Christmas to you and family,

Regards,

Rob

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Creche scene above may be one of balanced forces but this one my kids put together has cashe: Note in the background, Dawali who made it in from India - possibly suggesting Gospel of Thomas, the three headed dog in the foreground from Harry Potter I think and the complete absence of Joseph, leaving composition of Mary and Christ Child. I see Pokemons and dynasaurs did not make the cut this year. This, Jung commented, was the yin/yang of Christendom in the age of Pisces, a yin age, and the picture of Mary - representing the Earth - and Christ Child - representing the People - was the icon in every church from Ireland to the Russian steppes, remarkably uniform until the 14th century. I don't know why they did not put Joseph in. Possibly they could not understand his role. But truth told, I was the one who put the UFO in the picture, hovering over the cradle, prompted by the excellent anthropology Remo blog has provided the world on contemporary iconic and archetypal meanings of the circular space craft in past decade (actually an old CD in my picture). Worth noting, one of the last of the public UFO viewings or visions marked widely in the press awhile back was over Jerusalem.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Bernie,

Your insights here are a bit beyond my ken, so hard for me to comment.

But glad you had a fun Christmas. :)

And...back to my lego. :D

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Clarification as perI Ching number 50. Until the 1500s the Madonna and Child was the essential icon of Europe representing yin dominance of the Pisceans age. As in the tai chi icon they were not equals, yin and yang, but the Earth Mother ancient consciousness do instead the masculine. Innocent II hired Leonardo and Michaelangelo to Forster images of a new approach like the Madonna of Briges which is most characteristic of the rising age of power under Protestantism. Michaelangelo wrote I h his notebooks that he tore the baby from the Mother and put hi on the ground to free the people from the mother "the better to serve" his "warrior Pope" - this is the rise of power principle Jin the West - my suggestion is that the Golem fable of Rabbi Loeb reflects this - the great Rabbi saw neurosis od people leaving the Mother: In WnglNd, WliAbeth I arose and outlawed the worship of the Divine Mother. at the same time she gave license to the East India Company. this is both the rise of the West into power and the abandonment of the Mother and the rise of capitalism. Perhaps EliAbeth was Mother incarnate; that is, come from the timelessness of the Unconsciousness, into time. And Victoria the full manifestation. sorry, short on time, must go to work. Using IPad - sorry about punctuation.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 am
Profile WWW

Clarification as perI Ching number 50. Until the 1500s the Madonna and Child was the essential icon of Europe representing yin dominance of the Pisceans age. As in the tai chi icon they were not equals, yin and yang, but the Earth Mother ancient consciousness do instead the masculine. Innocent II hired Leonardo and Michaelangelo to Forster images of a new approach like the Madonna of Briges which is most characteristic of the rising age of power under Protestantism. Michaelangelo wrote I h his notebooks that he tore the baby from the Mother and put hi on the ground to free the people from the mother "the better to serve" his "warrior Pope" - this is the rise of power principle Jin the West - my suggestion is that the Golem fable of Rabbi Loeb reflects this - the great Rabbi saw neurosis od people leaving the Mother: In England Elizabeth I arose and outlawed the worship of the Divine Mother. at the same time she gave license to the East India Company. this is both the rise of the West into power and the abandonment of the Mother and the rise of capitalism. Perhaps EliAbeth was Mother incarnate; that is, come from the timelessness of the Unconsciousness, into time. And Victoria the full manifestation. sorry, short on time, must go to work. Using IPad - sorry about punctuation.

Leonardo took the commission but unlike imperialist Michaelangelo, dissented - Leonardo was not an imperialist. To countervail he presented the Mono Lisa as Earth without People, a vision of neurosis and division with the woman looking to the past (left). And in another picture he replaced the baby (the People) with a weasel. Like Rabbi Loeb's vision of Golem, he saw the "People" disconnected to earth (Mother) as a beast rising. And so did William Butler Yeats.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 am
Profile WWW

Hi Bernie,

History and eastern philosophies are not strong areas for me, so still struggling a bit here, but vaguely getting what you say. (And "vaguely" often seems to be enough for me for some reason). Will digest further.

Thanks for the pointers,

Rob

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]