UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:37 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Medusa/Batman and Robin/Cameo 

Post Medusa/Batman and Robin/Cameo
A door is opened by a bad character. Batman enters. I peer into the open doorway. I see he has been frozen or turned to stone. I think he was stupid to enter, his own fault.

Vaguely, I think Robin has stayed outside, not so stupid. Vaguely also, a female character enters the scene, some interaction between her and Robin.

Now I am watching an old woman. She has kindly disposition. She appears to be making small cameos for use as broaches or necklaces, these possibly also charms. She is demonstrating to me how she makes them. Now she has a larger clay slab in her hands. In shape it reminds me of a red blood corpuscle. She manipulates it so that a face begins to form. Now she uses a fork-like or comb-like device to pierce holes into the face. These holes are on the surface only, do not pierce right through the clay slab, and are to let the air circulate or as an aid to the drying of the clay. Now she puts the clay on my face so that it covers my eyes and nose. I am untroubled by this mask, though blind and unable to breathe through my nose, my mouth remains uncovered, I am able to breathe. I ask the old woman if I can keep it. I get no answer but sense that it was always mine and that I need not have asked.

Context: My TV was on in background that evening. The actress Urma Thurman had role as Medusa in a film I did not watch, cannot remember title of. I casually connected this role to the terrible mother archetype. I also recall her as the character “Poison Ivy” in one of the Batman films.

Association: I have in my more general deliberations recently been thinking about “psychic poisoning” and about persona (as two-facedness) = cameo as background and relief?

Association: I have been thinking something like this: Question: How does a repressed content find its way back up? Answer: When the content is repressed it passes from ego to shadow through the ego/shadow boundary. In so doing it leaves an impression on the boundary – an imprint. Later, an external content inflates the ego. The ego/shadow boundary pushes down on the shadow looking for the correct stamp to fit the imprint. Having found it, the repressed content ascends into the ego. (Stamp and imprint = background and relief of cameo?)

Thoughts welcome

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Post Re: Medusa/Batman and Robin/Cameo
Introvert/Extrovert - Just a thought: Consider that Batman is not a personal symbol but a symbol of American extraversion playing to domination (trying to enter) in your life. I haven't seen these ("blockbuster") movies in decades as the symbolism (unlike much of the great fiction relating to the karmic living journey on American and BBC TV = "Lost" "Buffy" Dr. Who, etc. ) seems disturbed, territorial and manipulative. Why possibly you have been thinking about "psychic poisoning" perhaps. I find much poison in the pop culture; one needs the sword of discrimination (see image: Joseph Campbell's description of Christ/Krishna image of "I come with sword" to cut away the trash).Image"Grandmother," your own ancient consciousness or "collective unconscious" - what she is making seems to be a protective talisman and a tribal mask to protect you from the territorial external influence. Her talismans or charms ward off the Extravert so that you may continue your individual journey to the banquet, the Unconscious.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Bernie, that all makes a kinda sense to me.

The mask covers my eyes. Thus a defense against Medusa.

For info: Dream some months ago: I see a my tool box (tray type). It seems to have an integral device (similar to as in cantilever type) which lifts up and presents me with a particular tool from the bottom of the box. The tool is a throwing knife.

Last edited by Rob on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Excellent!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]