UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 pm

[ 12 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Ape has killed Ape 

Post Ape has killed Ape
I am seated on a grassy hill. All around me vegetation starts sprouting and growing rapidly, so much so that I feel I might become entangled or ensnared by it. I rise and move away from this area.

Now there is a tall wooden fence in front of me. I need to get over this fence and on the other side of it I see a tree which I can use to help me climb over the fence, take hold of a tree branch and lower myself down. Now I see that the outer reach of the branch will be unsafe to do this as being too thin to hold my weight and also the branch itself having been damaged half way along it. I decide I will have to use the inner part of the branch, closer to the tree trunk, this being thicker and this avoiding the damaged part.

Associations:

The film Planet of the Apes, a scene in which a gorilla has been found out to have murdered a young chimp by cutting a tree branch on which the chimp had moved out onto for escape. The other apes chant “Ape has killed ape.”

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Post Re: Ape has killed Ape
More:

The gorilla in the film was named Urko.

Urko was the nick-name of a friend from my junior school days, with whom I share birthday. He and I both tended towards mischief, would often monkey around.

As dietary modification I have recently been eating much more fruit and vegetables, have also lost a little weight (not that I actually need too).

Fruits grow on branches. They are out on limb. Vegetables are closer to the ground or roots in the ground.

It sounds a bit banal but I think this dream is about grounding myself by means of diet. It’s saying that I should eat more vegetables (closer to the tree trunk, closer to ground), eat less fruit (out on a limb).

I also wonder might I be recapitulating that time when us apes came down from the trees?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

Post Eating Vegetables ='s Entering the VNS State of Consciousnes
Rob wrote:
It sounds a bit banal but I think this dream is about grounding myself by means of diet. It’s saying that I should eat more vegetables (closer to the tree trunk, closer to ground), eat less fruit (out on a limb).

Eating (act of assimilating something and making it one's own stuff) vegetables ='s entering the wu-wei will-less way of the VNS (Vegetative Nervous System) state of consciousness aka Eros ego or the other "brain" - the other center of knowing vs the CNS (Central Nervous System) Logos ego brain center of knowing. This is the great challenge facing humanity in our time - something referred to as the "Ordeal of the Apocalypse" by Edinger in his book Archetype of the Apocalypse - a worthy read if you have not already done so. I amplify with the following quote - also another worthy read. The recent double bomb explosion in Boston, MA is a harbinger of what could be characterized as "Change through Terrorism" or "Change you can count on" to quote Obama's campaign slogan. It will constellate your shadow, your dark side. The only question is whether you act it out as projection or integrate it as an act of individuation. The danger of a "mass psychosis" returns.
Attachment:
Boston Marathon 12 Dead.jpg
Boston Marathon 12 Dead.jpg [ 69.58 KiB | Viewed 2416 times ]

Quote:
The forces of the unconscious all too easily seize power and have their way with us for many seemingly interminable whiles. In our current day and age we are experiencing an irruption of the unconscious itself, a huge upheaval of titanic forces which have been lying dormant in the collective unconscious. As if we are experiencing a second “Great Flood,” the powers of the unconscious are ready to break through all moral barriers and burst the dams. In our modern world the unconscious, instead of being in the background, is coming to the foreground, and is forcing us to turn one eye inward upon it. The unconscious is coming, whether we like it or not! Like Noah, we must build an “Ark,” that is, a psychic container, if we are to survive.

Those who understand the deeper psychological and spiritual meaning of the apocalypse archetype being activated are thus able to more easily navigate and “incarnate” this archetypal process as individuation.

Levy, Paul (2013). Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil (pp. 182-183; 190). North Atlantic Books. Kindle Edition.

Gregory

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Gregory,

Once again you focus down into words what I myself have been grappling with.

Interesting too that I today had a synchronicity around this dream. Two girls at work were talking about previous hair styles. One noted that in the past someone had remarked that she had a hair style that made her look like Cornelia (the leading lady chimpanzee) in the Planet of the Apes film.

For info, with reference to VNS and CNS, I have recently had a blast of Kundalini hit me.

As you know, I joined the forum under something of an external crisis which had come my way. I think it was you and Matswin who very early on put the idea of a collective individuation exercise and the archetype of the apocalypse have been constellated around me. This was invaluable advice to me.

With regard to the ordeal of the apocalypse and whether shadow is projected or integrated, and its relation to psychosis and “psychic containers”, I have posted something relevant in my previous Sol niger dream post.

Will end here by giving another association to this dream:

Road-Song of the Bandar-Log

Here we go in a flung festoon,
Half-way up to the jealous moon!
Don't you envy our pranceful bands?
Don't you wish you had extra hands?
Would n't you like if your tails were -- so --
Curved in the shape of a Cupid's bow?
Now you're angry, but -- never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!

Here we sit in a branchy row,
Thinking of beautiful things we know;
Dreaming of deeds that we mean to do,
All complete, in a minute or two --
Something noble and grand and good,
Won by merely wishing we could.
Now we're going to -- never mind,

All the talk we ever have heard
Uttered by bat or beast or bird --
Hide or fin or scale or feather --
Jabber it quickly and all together!
Excellent! Wonderful! Once again!
Now we are talking just like men.
Let 's pretend we are... never mind,
This is the way of the Monkey-kind.

Then join our leaping lines that scumfish through the pines,
That rocket by where, light and high, the wild-grape swings,
By the rubbish in our wake, and the noble noise we make,
Be sure, be sure, we're going to do some splendid things!

Rudyard Kipling

Regards,

Rob

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Post Archetype of the Apocalypse
Rob wrote:
As you know, I joined the forum under something of an external crisis which had come my way. I think it was you and Matswin who very early on put the idea of a collective individuation exercise and that the archetype of the apocalypse have been constellated around me. This was invaluable advice to me.

I may have shared a briefer version of the following before but it bears repeating and can be seen in full in Edinger's book. “The 40 years of wandering in the desert of the wilderness experience” looms for the collective as can be seen in the destructive manifestation of the apocalypse archetype as it seeks the union of the opposites, the union of Mr. Red with Mrs. White as Remo notes - a connection to the uniting of the lower and upper crowns in ancient Egypt and to the Holy Wedding of the Red King and White Queen in alchemy . In my material when this union is realized in the process of individuation it is imaged as a man having a strawberry face. When this union is realized in the process of projection is is imaged as a man having a destructed strawberry face as can be seen in the following image taken in the aftermath of the double "shotgun" buckshot Holy Wedding bombing blasts at the Boston marathon - a new Olympic Games it seems that will play out on the stage of human history in the time ahead. Brace yourself.

Quote:
Brace - A device that steadies or holds something else erect; A cause or source of renewed physical or spiritual vigor; plural - a pair of like things – a couple; To support or hold steady with or as if with a brace; reinforce; To prepare or position so as to be ready for impact or danger; To get ready; make preparations; To summon one's strength or endurance.

Middle English, from Old French, two arms, from Latin brācchia pl. of brācchium, arm, from Greek brakhiōn, upper arm Verb., partly from Old French bracier, from Old French brace.

Attachment:
Man With Strawberry Face.jpg
Man With Strawberry Face.jpg [ 56.52 KiB | Viewed 2403 times ]

Quote:
The "coming of the Self' is imminent; and the process of collective "individuation" is living itself out in human history. One way or another, the world is going to be made a single whole entity. But it will be unified either in mutual mass destruction or by means of mutual human consciousness. If a sufficient number of individuals can have the experience of the coming of the Self as an individual, inner experience, we may just possibly be spared the worst features of its external manifestation. I cannot state that possibility with certainty but merely as a hypothesis for which we do have, as already noted, some psychological data. Yet this is how we might lessen the dynamic urge in the collective psyche to manifest the "Apocalypse" collectively and concretely in its most extreme form.

When the Self comes, it necessarily brings the "opposites," since they are its essential content. As long as the Self is unconscious, however, these opposites lie side by side peacefully - the "lion lies down with the lamb" - because there is no consciousness of their distinction or separateness. But once this essential content touches the area of consciousness, the opposites split apart: and the individual ego is confronted with "conflict." Then, there arises the crucial question whether or not the ego is able to contain the conflict of opposites as a psychological problem to be met with consciousness. Unfortunately, that task is very difficult. Jung writes:

Quote:
All opposites are of God, therefore man must bend to this burden; and in so doing he finds that God in his "oppositeness" has taken possession of him, incarnated himself in him. He becomes a vessel filled with divine conflict. (CW 11, § 659)

What usually happens is that the individual is not able to contain this "warring" within one's own self, and the conflict of opposites spills out into the outer world by way of projection. And it is then that the constellated opposites live themselves out not in the vessel of the individual psyche, but in the vessel of society as a whole. This is precisely what is happening today. The God-image is living out its oppositeness in the bitter factional disputes breaking out all over the world: at this writing, among warring clans in Somalia; between Tutsis and Hutus in Rawanda; Serbs and Bosnians in Yugoslavia; Palestinians and Israelis in the Middle East; not to mention our own fanatical political-action groups at war with each other on the American political scene. The list could go on and the names might change from year to year. But this troubling short list of "conflicts," which is so easy to compile, reminds us of Heraclitus's remark, "War is the father of all." These many factions are what Jung refers to as the wretched "isms"-and yet all are part of the phenomenology of the Apocalypse. Edinger, Archetype of the Apocalypse, pp. 174-175

Gregory

Last edited by Gregory Sova on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi Gregory,

Excellent stuff. Glad that what you have written here all makes easy sense to me too - both theoretically and experientially (over the last year or so). Mr Mind-gamer didn’t hold the opposites. Thus the projection (disguised) came my way. My psyche reacted to it. I think it is analogous to having a bodily infection. I really can see myself as having had a psychic infection. Ultimately I vomited the invading material – Mr Mind-gamer’s shadow, and an amount of his prima materia too if I understand my dreams. I think I had to bring up my own shadow first and an additional amount of my own prima materia to deal with it, hold the tension, keep the vessel sealed, allow the transmutations, make a “measuring rod” for what had gotten into my system, then ultimately eject the invasive material. I think of it as personal psychic hygiene. And I think of revealing the mind-game as actually returning what the gamer discarded, what belongs to him, his own quantum of prima materia.

As for what happens next, politically I mean, I can only see individuaters as front-runners. Disparate groups are always at disadvantage. No member of any can properly hold the tension. Thus wars etc.

Is there then an actual need to brace oneself to political machinations? For some reason, I am reminded of Nero, playing his harp while all Rome burned all around him.

And this:

Cities and Thrones and Powers

Cities and Thrones and Powers
Stand in Time's eye,
Almost as long as flowers,
Which daily die:
But, as new buds put forth
To glad new men,
Out of the spent and unconsidered Earth
The Cities rise again.

This season's Daffodil,
She never hears
What change, what chance, what chill,
Cut down last year's;
But with bold countenance,
And knowledge small,
Esteems her seven days' continuance,
To be perpetual.

So Time that is o'er-kind
To all that be,
Ordains us e'en as blind,
As bold as she:
That in our very death,
And burial sure,
Shadow to shadow, well persuaded, saith,
"See how our works endure!"

Rudyard Kipling

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Post Bracing Oneself
Rob wrote:
Is there then an actual need to brace oneself to political machinations? For some reason, I am reminded of Nero, playing his harp while all Rome burned all around him.

Well, the primary inner goal is to attend to the Holy Wedding within oneself – the inner sacred marriage – for the conscious realization of the HermAphrodiate. On the outer level it could very well play out as in the times of Nero.

I see that on the outer level the “witch” hunt goes on in the Boston Holy Wedding bombing incident – Teen: I Am Not the Boston Marathon Bomber. Strange that the Salem Witch trials took place in this state in colonial Massachusetts, between February 1692 and May 1693. Further, that there is a “witches foot” landmass that creates Cape Cod Bay. And this “witch foot” is in line with the Newtown, CT “slaughter of the innocents” incident. Go figure. Of course as Remo notes the World Soul has a witch aspect because She is able to manifest paranormal phenomena - so perhaps that is a clue.
Attachment:
Massachusetts.jpg
Massachusetts.jpg [ 115.06 KiB | Viewed 2391 times ]

Attachment:
Newtown.jpg
Newtown.jpg [ 39.25 KiB | Viewed 2391 times ]

“Brace yourself” reminds me of Padre Pio’s prophecies. He made certain predictions about future events. I read about the life of Padre Pio in the early 1980’s. It was then that I became familiar with the strange supernatural phenomena that accompanied him – including the stigmata.

Quote:
Padre Pio acquired fame as a miracle worker and was purported to have the gift of reading souls. He is alleged to have been able to bilocate according to eyewitness accounts.

Below I include the prophecies mentioned in the above link – adding a comment here and there. The apocalyptic, alchemical, unio corporalis stage of the coniunctio Christ is speaking to Padre Pio as if He anticipates incarnating as a renewal of Christ consciousness in all of humanity.

Quote:
Year of 1949: My son, My son, I have been longing for this hour in which I again shall reveal to you the great love of My heart... Pray and make reparation to Me. Admonish others to do the same because the time is near at hand in which I shall visit My unfaithful people because they have not heeded the time of My grace. Persevere in prayer, so that your adversary shall have no dominion over you. Tell My people to be prepared at all times, for My judgment shall come upon them suddenly and when least expected -- and not one shall escape My hands, I shall find them all! I shall protect the just. Watch the sun and moon and the stars of the Heavens. When they appear to be unduly disturbed and restless, know that the day is not far away. Stay united in prayer and watching until the angel of destruction has passed your doors. Pray that these days will be shortened.

1/23/50: Pray! Make reparation! Be fervent and practice mortifications. Great things are at stake! Pray! Men are running toward the abyss of Hell in great rejoicing and merry-making, as though they were going to a masquerade ball or the wedding feast of the devil himself! Assist Me in the salvation of souls. The measure of sin is filled! The day of revenge, with its terrifying happenings is near -- nearer then you can imagine! And the world is sleeping in false security! The Divine Judgment shall strike them like a thunderbolt! These Godless and wicked people shall be destroyed without mercy, as were the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorra of old. Yes, I tell you their wickedness was not as great as that of our human race today!

1/28/50: Keep your windows well-covered. (GJS: Introversion seems meant – that “Close your eyes and wish Her (the World Soul) well for She is coming out of Hell.”) Do not look out. Light a blessed candle, which will suffice for many days. Pray the Rosary. (GJS: This monotonous droning of words in the Rosary seems intended to place one in an altered state, as in meditation – aka the Eros ego.) Read spiritual books. Make acts of Spiritual Communion, also acts of love, which are so pleasing to Us. Pray with outstretched arms, or prostrate on the ground, in order that many souls may be saved. Do not go outside the house. Provide yourself with sufficient food. The powers of nature shall be moved and a rain of (GJS: transpersonal) fire shall make people tremble with fear. Have courage! I am in the midst of you.

2/07/50: Take care of the animals during these days. I am the creator and preserver of animals as well as man. I shall give you a few signs beforehand, at which time you should place more food before them (GJS: follow the wisdom of the inner instincts not the outer hype of the collective). I will preserve the property of the elect, including the animals, for they shall be in need of sustenance afterwards as well. Let no one go across the yard, even to feed the animals-he who steps outside will perish! Cover your windows carefully. My elect shall not see My wrath. Have confidence in Me, and I will be your protection. [GJS: one will be protected from the wrath of God if one has “built” an inner Ark in order to survive the psychic flood, the alien psychic virus that will infect all of humanity.]
Hurricanes of fire will pour forth from the clouds and spread over the entire earth! Storms, bad weather, thunderbolts and earthquakes will cover the earth for two days. An uninterrupted rain of fire will take place! It will begin during a very cold night. All this is to prove that God is the Master of Creation. Those who hope in Me, and believe in My words, have nothing to fear because I will not forsake them, nor those who spread My message. No (GJS: mass psychosis) harm will come to those who are in the state of grace and who seek My Mother's protection.

That you may be prepared for these visitations, I will give you the following signs and instructions: The night will be very cold. The wind will roar. After a time thunderbolts will be heard. Lock all the doors and windows. Talk to no one outside the house. Kneel down before a crucifix, be sorry for your sins, and beg My Mothers protection. Do not look during the earthquake, because the anger of God is holy! Christ does not want us to behold the anger of God, because God's anger must be contemplated with fear and trembling.

Those who disregard this advice will be killed instantly (GJS: possessed by the Archetype of the Apocalypse and like this suffer a massive psychosis). The wind will carry with it poisonous gases which will be diffused over the entire earth. Those who suffer and die innocently will be martyrs and they will be with Me in My Kingdom. Satan will triumph! But in three nights, the earthquake and fire will cease. On the following day the sun will shine again, angels will descend from Heaven and will spread the spirit of peace over the earth. (GJS: in archetypal time it is on the measure of three that things work out – this could take a long time – a 40 year wilderness experience it seems) A feeling of immeasurable gratitude will take possession of those who survive this most terrible ordeal, the impending punishment, with which God will visit the earth since creation.

I have chosen souls in other countries too, such as Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, who have received these revelations so that other countries also may be prepared. Pray Rosary, but pray it well, so that your prayers may reach Heaven. Soon a more terrible catastrophe shall come upon the entire world, such as never before has been witnessed, a terrible chastisement never before experienced!
How unconcerned men are regarding these things! Which shall so soon come upon them, contrary to all expectations. How indifferent they are in preparing themselves for these unheard of events, through which they will have to pass so shortly! The weight of divine balance has reached the earth! The wrath of My Father shall be poured out over the entire world! I am again warning the world through your instrumentality, as I have so often done heretofore.

This catastrophe shall come upon the earth like a flash of lightning! At which moment the light of the morning sun shall be replaced by black darkness! No one shall leave the house or look out a window from that moment on. I Myself shall come amidst thunder and lightning. The wicked shall behold My Divine Heart. There shall be great confusion because of this utter darkness in which the entire earth shall be enveloped, and many, many shall die from fear and despair.

On that day, as soon as complete darkness has set in, no one shall leave the house or look from out of the window. The darkness shall last a day and a night followed by another day and night, and another day-but on the night following, the stars will shine again, and on the next morning the sun shall rise again, and it will be SPRINGTIME!! In the days of darkness, My elect shall not sleep, as did the disciples in the garden. They shall pray (GJS: silently meditate and be good scribes of what they see on the inner screen) incessantly, and they shall not be disappointed in Me. I shall gather My elect. Hell will believe itself to be in possession of the entire earth, but I shall reclaim it.

Again and again I have warned men, and often have I given them special opportunities to return to the right path; but now, wickedness has reached its climax, and the punishment can no longer be delayed. Tell all that the time has come in which these things shall be fulfilled.

The Book of Revelation characterizes the “End Times” in a dire way “and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.” (Rev. 6:16) Further, “And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.” (Mark 13:20)

In my material the noteworthy reflection of Steven Hawkins in regards to SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) surfaced as well as the ominous statement of the Silver Surfer which debuted as an unplanned addition to the superhero-team movie The Fantastic Four

Quote:
If aliens (GJS read: the alien psychic virus) visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans (in which 60 million were eventually slaughtered by the invading white man). We only have to look at ourselves to see how (GJS: untethered) intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet.

Attachment:
Silver Surfer.jpeg
Silver Surfer.jpeg [ 18.9 KiB | Viewed 2391 times ]

All That You Know Is At An End
I don’t know how ugly it will get. Will social safety nets fail? If Syria is a poster child one can only shudder.

Gregory

P.S. I see that in the UK the song "Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead, The Witch Is Dead!" from the Wizard of Oz became number two on the most requested songs list - a reaction by those not happy with the reign of Margaret Thacher. One can only imagine what shape that kind of outburst would take if civil order breaks down. Like this no place is immune.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Phew, Gregory!, I'm going to have digest all that!

But briefly, related or not, here is a witch dream I had a few weeks ago:

I am invited into a stranger’s home. The family appears to be somewhat low-life or even criminal. I think I am there as some sort of temporary refugee or perhaps as somewhere to wait out a while while I am waiting for a train to journey somewhere. I am somewhat uncomfortable but accept this temporary hospitality. There is a kafuffle in an upstairs room which seems to the police having raided the premises, arresting the youths of the household. I ignore it as does the father figure of the household. I leave to go on my way but have to return because I have left my belongings (or have they been stolen?) I re-enter the house. I am relieved to find my bag/belongings. Now I leave again and as I do so I kiss (as thank you for their generosity) the older woman (and she is vaguely witch-like) of the household on her right cheek. She is flattered about it. As direct result of this kiss cataracts form over her eyes. She is now blind.

I journey on. I pass between some people playing golf, as if on a putting green, as if I am getting in the way somewhat. Yet, this also seems to be on a street, hence I do have actual right of way here. These golfers have bandaged forearms or calves (vague here, not sure which).

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 am

Post Shedding Her Skin?
Rob wrote:
I kiss the older woman (she is vaguely witch-like) of the household on her right cheek. She is flattered about it. As direct result of this kiss cataracts form over her eyes.

In my material glazed over eyes on a snake was observed – something that happens when they are about to shed their skin in order to accommodate more growth. Psychologically this is connected to the transformation of the God-Image; no small matter for it implies humanity must undergo a tremendous change in worldview.

Quote:
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

I amplify with a snippet from a snake handler in Reptile Skin Shedding – I found the comment about the disposition of snakes when shedding their skin interesting as well as their refusal to eat during this time.

Quote:
Snakes go through a several day period where their eyes cloud up as the fluid builds up between the old and new spectacles. At its peak, the eyes are milky white with a bluish cast to them (called "white" or "blue").

Many snakes will defecate at the same time that they shed.

Pre-Shed Behavioral Changes
Going into shed is apparently not a real fun thing for snakes and lizards. Most get rather cranky during this time, with some individuals becoming hissy or snappy, objecting to being held or touched. The best thing to do is to respect their ill-feeling as much as possible. If you need to get in and service their enclosure, do it, but restrict actual handling to that which is necessary.

While reptiles may still eat when in the very early phase of the pre-shed period, as the period progresses, they usually lose their appetite.

When I learned that they loose their appetite I thought of the Greek temple of Erechtheion (I happened to visit in 2001) located at the site of the Acropolis in Athens – where a sacred snake was fed sweet cakes by the priestesses. If the snake stopped eating it was considered a disastrous omen.
Attachment:
Erechtheion.jpg
Erechtheion.jpg [ 79.44 KiB | Viewed 2373 times ]

Quote:
The temple itself was dedicated to Athena Polias and Poseidon Erechtheus. Within the foundations lived the sacred snake of the temple, which represented the spirit of Cecrops (face with a tail) and whose well-being was thought essential for the safety of the city. The snake was fed honey-cakes by Canephorae, the priestesses of Athena Polias, by custom the women of the ancient family of Eteoboutadae, the supposed descendants of the hero Boutes. The snake's occasional refusal to eat the cakes was thought a disastrous omen.

Finally, I wonder about the meaning of the "kiss on the right cheek". Is it the Judas kiss? Something that betrayed Christ so that He could carry out his act of redemption by being crucified on the cross - somebody had to betray him so that his fate could come to fruition.

Gregory

Quote:
The ordeal of the Apocalypse – beginning now and to which all of humanity is being subjected – corresponds to Job’s ordeal in the Bible yet even more pertinently to Christ’s ordeal. Christ was the first attempt of the God-image to incarnate and transform itself. Now, the second time around, humanity as a whole and not just one person is going to be the subject of that process. God is going to incarnate in humanity as a whole and in that incarnated form offer himself as a self-sacrifice to bring about his own transformation – just as he did with the individual Christ. The matter is put clearly if densely by Jung in his letter to Elinid Kotschnig in June of 1956:

Quote:
Christ… was up against an unpredictable and lawless God who would need a most drastic sacrifice to appease His wrath, viz. the slaughter of His own son. Curiously enough, as on the one hand his self-sacrifice means admission of the Father’s amoral nature, he taught on the other hand a new image of God, namely that of a Loving Father in whom there is no darkness. This enormous antinomy needs some explanation. It needed the assertion that he was the Son of the Father, i.e., the incarnation of the Deity in man. As a consequence the sacrifice was a self-destruction of the amoral God, incarnated in a mortal body. Jung, Letters, vol 2, p. 213.

This passage can be applied precisely to Yahweh’s second act of incarnation in humanity as a whole. Humanity is now in the role of the “son of God.” And God is bringing about his own transformation by another self-destruction while incarnated in the “mortal body” of humankind. There will follow necessarily, archetypally, the same sequence of events as occurred in the life of a single individual but now in a larger arena. And this second act of incarnation likewise will bring about the same goal, a transformation of the God-image. The image of a totally good God – albeit pestered by a dissociated evil Satan – is no longer viable. Instead, the new God-image coming into conscious realization is that of a paradoxical union of opposites; and with it comes a healing of the metaphysical split that has characterized the entire Christian aeon.

This is what can happen potentially. But the process of transforming the God-image can take place only if its human participants are conscious of what is happening, because consciousness is the agency of transformation for God and man. There is, of course, no transformation of the God-image if we end up with nothing but a heap of ruins and a group of savages having to make the laborious climb to civilization all over again. But the God-image can incarnate in a way that averts massive destruction if there are enough individuals aware (GJS: a critical mass) of the unfolding archetypal drama that is before us.

I do have to share with the reader that it is my view that the transformation of the God-image is ultimately certain: because one person, Jung, has already realized what is going on. I believe that is all it takes in principle to bring about eventually a positive outcome (but then, “eventually” can be a long time). My hypothesis remains, however, that the extent of the destructive collective process will depend on how many other individuals can achieve Jung’s level of consciousness. How many will it take to reach this critical mass that will make the difference? The Book of Revelation hints at the number “144,000” – but what that symbolic number means literally cannot be known. Edinger, Archetype of the Apocalypse, pp. 176-177.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 am

Thanks, Gregory,

I think I’ll have to re-read Edinger.

Your observation on white/blue eyes struck a chord with me. I believe the cataracts formed were so. I seem also to have re-visited the witch theme:

Dream: I run from my house in which a crime has been committed. I run to gain help from outside. I see someone like a security guard and report the matter. A police van speeds past as if going the wrong way. Near the security guard is a shed or hovel. On it’s roof is a tall, ugly man, warlock-like or demonic. He laughs. I know him as the enemy or malefactor. I will have to confront him. I enter the hovel. Two women are inside, possibly mother and daughter, both superficially normal but, beneath the exterior, witches. Some vague remembrance of something to do with infanticide.

Now I run back to my home. I am there to confront the wrongdoer. I have a dagger for the purpose. He is hidden somewhere about. Now the mother and daughter witches are there too. I must confront these too. The mother witch laughs at me as if she is immune to anything I can do against her. Then I see her head dissolve into a gush of water. Now I see two baths or large basins, filled with mulchy liquid. I understand that the mother witch and daughter witch have each now dissolved away into these basins and are draining away to where they came from. I have, at least, temporarily banished them, if not altogether defeated them. I am not sure.

Note: I very rarely have nightmarish dreams. This was one was most definitely so. I rarely have lucid dreams. But near the end of this dream I was lucid, knew it as a lucid nightmare I was having. Overall, however, I was not panicked by it, just seemed as if I was doing what I had to do.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Post LovE Has Entered Your House
Rob wrote:
I run from my house in which a crime has been committed. I run to gain help from outside (GJS: the collective). I see someone like a security guard and report the matter. A police van speeds past as if going the wrong way. Near the security guard is a shed or hovel. On its roof is a tall, ugly man, warlock-like or demonic. He laughs. I know him as the enemy or malefactor. I will have to confront him. I enter the hovel. Two women are inside, possibly mother and daughter, both superficially normal but, beneath the exterior, witches. Some vague remembrance of something to do with infanticide.

Is this a recent dream?

The “crime” that has been committed is the killing of something infantile in your ego adaptation. You sensed that a crime or something criminal was taking place in the house where you kissed the witch on the cheek in the dream you shared earlier in this thread. The witch contains the antidote to our overly one-sided Logos Self adaptation. To mind-meld with the witch would mean to be on her wavelength and like this to be open to the activity of the Eros Self.

Kissing the witch on the cheek was a step that unwittingly opened you up to a psychic transformation of your consciousness, your worldview, i.e., your God-image. The right attitude is to follow the wu-wei way and accept her and her helpers like the warlock-demon. They are demonic or “the Devil” only because they are clamoring to escape their imprisonment in the unconscious – they embody something that 2000 years of Christianity has rejected and thus demonized - becoming like this the shadow cast by Christianity. Anything that needs to be included in consciousness at first appears demonic and hostile. When they become less so in your dreams then you will know that you are gaining a certain right attitude towards their contribution to your house, your subtle body development or to what Christianity calls your soul or what the East calls the diamond body. Like this you expand the size of your Ark, your container, that allows you to safely float (have contact) with the waters of the unconscious and avoid becoming possessed by their influence.

Great dreams. The Witch LovE’s you – a word to be read forwards and backwards. She comes to enlighten your heart.
Attachment:
LovE Heart.jpg
LovE Heart.jpg [ 63.33 KiB | Viewed 2347 times ]

Gregory

P.S. In Plutopia Is Coming I shared that the colors of the underworld are black and red. Check that post out again for its message bears here as well. This process is only destructive when people act out the inner impeartive to Evol - like the "hostile brothers" bombing in Boston.

Last edited by Gregory Sova on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 am

Hi Gregory,

Yes, this dream followed on from your post about white/blue eyes and snakes shedding.

You are always one step ahead of me in your interpretations by the way. I mean I often just about know what the dream is saying but then you come along and put it into context for me. Thanks.

For info, I sense that the the dagger (logos), though I never actually use it in the dream, becomes the gush of water (eros) of mother witch’s head dissolving. The further dissolution of the withes into the basins is equivalent in some way to the snake shedding of skin. Hence possibly the mulchy liquid as forerunner of new development. Guessing a bit here.

Rob

Hmm… I’ve just noticed your P.S. That black and red and Pluto resonates a little with me this morning.

A month or so ago I purchased a fruit and veg juicer. I know next to nothing about astrology but dabble a bit with it. On the day of the juicer’s arrival I noticed crescent moon in Taurus conjunct my natal moon in Taurus. I shortly thereafter noticed the juicer’s pulp tray (which is black) as decidedly crescent moon shaped. This seemed like a little synchronicity to me. I did a little astrological research and found that the moon rules bodily juices and digestion, and moon is exalted in Taurus.

Just this morning I dreamt that I made a juice drink from a single red grapefruit. In the dream I absent-mindedly poured away the juice into a bin and retained the red/orange skin peel instead, this in a central pile on a wooden chopping board. This I then put into the juicer’s pulp bin (which is crescent shaped and black).

Once again I know next to nothing about astrology, but note that transiting moon (black crescent moon shaped pulp tray?) in Virgo (Earth sign, wooden chopping board?) is conjunct my natal Pluto (red grapefruit?) in Virgo. (Not sure if any of this means anything, it just vaguely resonates.)

Rob

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]