UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:51 am

[ 12 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 France Nuclear Plant Explosion 

Post France Nuclear Plant Explosion
Hi All, Just saw this when I signed onto AOL and this was a headline.

France Nuclear Plant Explosion: Marcoule Plant Rocked By Blast

First Posted: 9/12/11 08:26 AM ET Updated: 9/12/11 10:20 AM ET

PARIS (AP) -- The French nuclear safety body says one person died and another was seriously injured Monday in an explosion at the Marcoule nuclear site in southern France.

The Nuclear Safety Authority said there have been no radiation leaks outside of the plant, which treats nuclear waste with little radioactivity.

Three other people were injured in the explosion, the statement said.

Staff at the plant reacted to the accident according to planned procedures, it said.

The Marcoule site is located in Langedoc Roussillon, in southern France, near the Mediterranean Sea.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information.END

Suzanne notes: Sometimes the comments after a news alert or article give you better inside information pretty quick. The links right after this comment give access to more aspects of concern about the safety of European nuke plants.

Comment after article on AOL:

23 minutes ago (10:05 AM)

Marcoule nuclear plant generates power by recycling decommissi­oned nuclear weapons.

Marcoule is operated by SOCODEI, a waste solutions susidiary of Electricit­e de France and is the largest untility company in the world producing 22% of the electricit­y for the European Union and 75% of which comes from nuclear power.

On the 9th of September, there was an earthquake with a magnitude of 4.3 near a nuclear plant on the border of the Netherland­s and Germany.

[url]http://www­.ibtimes.c­om/article­s/212279/2­0110912/ma­rcoule-nuc­lear-plant­-explosion­-france.ht­m[/url]

[url]http://www­.sovereign­independen­t.com/?p=2­6498[/url]

Sorry, I can't seem to make those links directly functional. You can copy and paste them into your browser.

Suzanne

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Re: France Nuclear Plant Explosion
Hi Suzanne and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA8z94MX ... re=related

I was watching this after having read your post Suzanne... It's unbelievable to say 'we have work to do' when it comes to cleaning up nuclear fallout. It's quite obvious that the populous knew how to work and that it was all they 'should' know how to do. The rest was up to the ones who were creating the need for protection from the very thing they were creating... :evil:

Is it to become commonplace for these plants to pop all over the map? Seems a little like the shelf life of GE's creations are bringing something else to life. I've read that the France pop was a transformer and nothing to be concerned with. Well, any explosion at any of these plants causes ALL people to cringe so how 'good' could it really be?

Remove the cause of the anxiety, correct?

pascal

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi Suzanne and Pascal,

This is not a nuclear plant but it is worrying.

"The explosion did not cause any radioactive or chemical leakage outside the facility, said the Nuclear Safety Authority"

should we believe them?

nuclear site of Marcoule:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:50 pm

fox wrote:
Hi Suzanne and Pascal,

This is not a nuclear plant but it is worrying.

"The explosion did not cause any radioactive or chemical leakage outside the facility, said the Nuclear Safety Authority"

should we believe them?

WELL, HOW MANY LIES HAVE WE HEARD BEFORE ABOUT OTHER INCIDENTS?

I was just about to leave for my grandkids house but decided to check updates on this incident at AOL. Like I said in my above post, sometimes you get the best info from the reader comments below the article. I am pasting in one here:

29 minutes ago (1:18 PM)

Low Level waste is bandied about in the media as if it is somehow safe. The link below properly debunks this false notion presented by the media.

http://www­.nirs.org/­factsheets­/llwfct.ht­m

Suzanne notes: Here is some of the info from that link:

LOW-LEVEL" RADIOACTIVE WASTE

"Low-Level" Radioactive Waste is one of the most misleading terms ever created. In the U.S., it is all nuclear waste that is not legally high-level waste, some transuranic waste, or mill tailings.

High-Level Radioactive Waste is: the irradiated fuel from the cores of nuclear reactors, the liquid and sludge wastes that are left over after irradiated fuel has been reprocessed (a procedure used to extract uranium and plutonium), the solid that would result from efforts to solidify that liquid and sludge from reprocessing.

Transuranic Waste is material contaminated with radioactive elements heavier than uranium, such as plutonium, neptunium, americium and curium. These elements: have extremely long hazardous lives--hundreds of thousands to millions of years and emit alpha radiation a type of radiation that is especially dangerous if inhaled or swallowed. Some transuranic waste is allowed in the "low-level" radioactive waste category. In 1983, when the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) adopted regulations on land disposal of radioactive waste (lOCFR61), it increased the allowable concentration of transuranics in "low-level" radioactive waste.

Uranium Mill tailings, resulting from mining and milling uranium for weapons and commercial reactors, are not usually included in the "low-level" waste category, but may be handled with it in some states. The large volumes of these wastes, which will emit radiation for centuries, pose serious health problems.

WHAT IS "LOW-LEVEL" RADIOACTIVE WASTE?

"Low-Level" Radioactive Waste includes:

Irradiated Components and Piping: reactor hardware and pipes that are in continual contact with highly radioactive water for the 20 to 30 years the reactor operates. The metal becomes "activated" or radioactive itself from bombardment by neutrons that are released when energy is produced. Also called Irradiated Primary System Components.

Control Rods: from the core of nuclear power plants--rods that regulate and stop the nuclear reactions in the reactor core.

Poison Curtains: which absorb neutrons from the water in the reactor core and irradiated fuel (high level waste) pool.

Resins, Sludges, Filters and Evaporator Bottoms: from cleansing the water that circulates around the irradiated fuel in the reactor vessel and in the fuel pool, which holds the irradiated fuel when it is removed from the core.

Entire Nuclear Power Plants if and when they are dismantled. This includes, for example, from a typical 1,000 megawatt nuclear reactor building floor: over 13,000 tons of contaminated concrete and over 1,400 tons of contaminated reinforcing steel bar.

The highly radioactive and long-lived reactor wastes are included in the "low-level" waste category along with the much less concentrated and generally much shorter-lived wastes from medical treatment and diagnosis and some types of scientific research.

Suzanne

P.S. Well, I still do not know why I can't make the direct live links work!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile Personal album

Hi Fox and all.

I was under the impression that it was a facility that recycled decommissioned warheads (past political leaders? - haha)... maybe I have this one mixed up with another. I'll check that out. (seems legit after going for a look - but Fox you live there so...)

As for the question of believing media reports about this, I think I am at the point now where I see the multitudes of mishaps and wonder why they are so close together. My more 'crazy' side also wonders about the path of lightning through the tree of life and am inclined to survey the troubled reactors to find a potential mapping of the events. Who knows...that's a heavy stretch.

I guess it's a matter of energy seeking to complete itself... much like what I see from Gregory's posts and the color anti-color descriptions. So if black happens, then white would surely follow.

pascal

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Post Eric Besson
Recently, The French Minister of Energy was interviewed by a journalist:
The journalist said to him: "In France, nuclear safety is a problem"

You can see the reaction ( no need to understand French) of our "super" minister here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyUy2qRZb3I

vive la France !

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Post Re: Not Marcoule
pascal b wrote:
Hi Fox and all.

I was under the impression that it was a facility that recycled decommissioned warheads (past political leaders? - haha)... maybe I have this one mixed up with another. I'll check that out. (seems legit after going for a look - but Fox you live there so...)

pascal

source : Libération.fr

An explosion occurred around 12:37 in a treatment facility for radioactive waste. It is located in the town of Codolet (Gard) near the nuclear center at Marcoule, which explains the initial confusion locating the accident at the center. The installation is the Centraco, a subsidiary of EDF. The fire was extinguished by firefighters at 1:06 p.m. from EDF information.

It takes care of waste recycling FA and TFA - low and very low activity, so the packaging, gloves, personal protective equipment, etc..

in another article : "The oven "used to melt metal radioactive waste of low and very low activity.""

Last edited by fox on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 pm

France, home of the earth mother between 400 to 1400 and before - this occurs as SocGen ditches banks. No where to run: Gold, the earth itself, dopoped 50 dollars this morning.:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ ... US20110912

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post A serious world?
About a recent false rumour against Société Générale French Bank :

"It was mentioned that, according to sources of Mail on Sunday, Societe Generale, one of the largest banks in Europe, was in a state of 'dangerous', potentially' the brink of disaster", said the tabloid on its website.

"We now recognize that this is not true and we present, without reservation, our apologies to the General Society for the inconvenience this has caused," it added
:shock:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Post Marcoule Plant Explosion
French Report Radioactivity 10 Times Normal In Avignon; Could be Directly Linked To Explosion In Marcoule

Gregory

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Post Re: Marcoule Plant Explosion

Impossible, Gregory ! and you know why?

Because our "great" president Nicolas Sarkozy said after Fukushima accident :
Technical excellence, rigor, independence and transparency of our security arrangements are recognized worldwide

End of 2010, France still wanted to sell nuclear to Libya
http://www.liberation.fr/monde/01012326 ... a-la-libye

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Post Eight Down - Seven Hundred To Go...
I guess if there is another "accident" they may accelerate this phase out of nuclear power in Switzerland and around the globe.

Switzerland Votes To Abandon Nuclear Power by 2034

Quote:
The first of 5 plants is planned to get shut-down 2019.
Two more plants 2029.
The last one 2034.

Gregory

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]