UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:50 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 "The spaceship has landed." - Steve Jobs 

Post "The spaceship has landed." - Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs new building in Cupertino, CA. Compare to the rising to the sky monuments starting in 1840 with the Washington Monument and the Leviathons still rising today in competition. Jobs' monument comes back to earth. It certainly looks like a UFO has landed.

“It’s a pretty amazing building. It’s a little like a spaceship landed. It’s got this gorgeous courtyard in the middle… It’s a circle. It’s curved all the way around. If you build things, this is not the cheapest way to build something. There is not a straight piece of glass in this building. It’s all curved. We’ve used our experience making retail buildings all over the world now, and we know how to make the biggest pieces of glass in the world for architectural use. And, we want to make the glass specifically for this building here. We can make it curve all the way around the building… It’s pretty cool.” Steve Jobs, CEO, Apple

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Profile WWW

Post Entering The ‘Empty’ Center
Bernie,

Very interesting choice for a design for a commercial building. It’s like an unconscious anticipation of the coming Renaissance (rebirth or revival) with the feminine principle. AKA Apple’s New Campus (bicycle tire?) ='s back to the Garden of Eden it seems for a further “ordeal of the apocalypse” experience for the further evolution of the Anthropos.

World Soul School Of Learning
The only thing missing is a moat for the Apple design reminded me of the March 2011 Stonehenge article in Scientific American. The following Woodhenge “ring” with a moat is like a belly button and thus a connection entering the water chakra. When I saw the following reconstruction of Woodhenge it reminded me of the sundial with its inner edge being the edge of the circle of time. The ground swell rings reminded me of the ripples one sees on the surface of a pond a pebble has been dropped onto.

I wonder if this is Steve Job’s idea for this design. Certainly he is going through a biblical Job experience as he fights for his life and entering the nature reserve in the “empty” center would be most appropriate when seeking healing.

Quote:
Evidence collected in a 2008 dig at Stonehenge itself - the first within the circle for 40 years - supports the idea that Stonehenge was mainly a place of healing, a destination for the sick who traveled hundreds of miles in the hope of a cure. “Like a great medieval cathedral, all sorts of things would have happened at Stonehenge, but its principal draw was as a sacred place of healing,” asserts Timothy Darvill of Bournemouth University in England, who conducted the 2008 excavation with Geoff Wainwright, former president of the Society of Antiquaries in London.

see the pdf version of the article : Stonehenge.pdf

Gregory

Last edited by Gregory Sova on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Post Jobs' near death experience
Kristin mentioned here awhile back about Mircea Idiade's book "Shamanism" - he followed a theme that a shaman in tribal culture was one who had entered death and returned - in the return he if it was a man often dressed as a woman thereafter having entered the yin state of the beyond. Felt that many who had the near death experience or immitation death of a major operation as Jobs (whose name suggetss Job) had had (in which the body which does not know that it is being tricked into unconscious by anestesia thinks it is dying) psychologically "come back from the dead" with new life; possibly with a message, like Moses or the bodisattva coming down from the divine/unconscious experience on the mountain. That is, Jobs found new psychological experience similar to the shaman through his difficult operations. My life changed forever when I had a major lung operation 30 years ago; I became different; I could no longer do math very well but had heighened psychic experience. I have heard the claim that many with near death experiences when they come back cannot wear watches because the batteries die as they have greater electricity in their bodies. Sort of my experience as well in magnetizing battery watches - cnnot wear them - but I've also read that in WW II it was the same with some soldiers with spring watches.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

Post IONS
Yesterday just after I perused the above posts and took in that striking picture of the circular building, I went to my email box where there was one new email with the following title:

Noetic Now eNews: The Transcendent Human, Evolution Update, From Outer to Inner Space.

I'm sure many here know about IONS - The Institute of Noetic Sciences in Petaluma Californina, founded by former NASA Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell. The contents of this particular email, began with announcement of the re-publication of Dr. Mitchell's 1974 book "Psychic Exploration: A Challenge For Science" and a link to the author's forward to the new edition. Here's how it starts:

Psychic Exploration: A Challenge for Science
by Edgar D. Mitchell, ScD, PhD

(Ed. Note: Shortly after founding the Institute of Noetic Sciences, Edgar Mitchell conceived and collaboratively developed what he described as “an authoritative encyclopedic volume of psychic research.” It was a groundbreaking book, and in honor of IONS’ upcoming fortieth anniversary, it will soon be republished (details to come), with a new foreword by IONS’ president Marilyn Schlitz and Senior Scientist Dean Radin. What in some ways is most striking about the book is Dr. Mitchell’s introduction, abridged here. His astute insights into the state of humanity’s affairs and his visionary and passionate call for how to take our species to the next level of its evolution are no less vital today than they were back then.)

In February 1971, I had the privilege of walking on the moon as a member of the Apollo 14 lunar expedition. During the voyage I made a test in extrasensory perception (ESP), attempting to send information telepathically to four receivers on Earth. Since then, people have asked me why an astronaut would take such an intense interest in a subject as ridiculed and unacceptable in respectable scientific circles as psychic research.

It is a fair question. The answer is partly implied by the title of this book: psychic research presents a challenge that science can no longer avoid. But the title is also somewhat misleading. My real interest is – and has been for many years – to understand the nature of consciousness and the relationship of body to mind. Psychic research is one facet of this larger whole. Therefore, it might be said that I have simply gone from outer space to inner space.

The study of mind and consciousness is called noetics. The term comes from the Greek root word nous, meaning “mind.” As popularly used, noetic refers to purely intellectual apprehension. But Plato spoke of noetic knowledge as the highest form of knowing – a direct cognition or apprehension of the eternal truths that surpasses the normal discursive processes of logical, intellectual reasoning. The word science, of course, originally meant “knowing” but has come to mean a type of knowing derived from use of the objective, rational faculties of mind. But psychic abilities such as telepathy are another type of knowing – a subjective knowing, a nonrational, cognitive process largely overlooked by the scientific world. Consciousness appears to be the central, unifying concept behind these different aspects of mind.

The topic of consciousness is as vast as the cosmos and as close to us as sleep. Noetics is the discipline that is arising from this confluence of outer- and inner-space research. It is the ultimate frontier in man’s attempt to understand the nature of the universe and himself.

Inner vs. Outer: A Time for Reconciliation

If we review the history of mankind’s attempt to perceive, cognize, and interpret his environment, we find that in the last four centuries, as a result of the growth of scientific methodology, a formalized dichotomy has arisen between proponents of the two modes of knowing: objective observation (followed by deductive reasoning) and direct cognitive processes. These opposing modes of perception are crudely epitomized as science versus religion, reason versus intuition, rationality versus nonrationality, objective knowledge versus subjective experience, and so forth. Only in relatively recent years have scholars of each persuasion actively and vehemently denied the validity of the other process. In prescientific times, scholars – whether they agreed upon their conclusions or not – at least recognized the validity of both external and internal observation. (We must quickly add that the truly great teachers of modern times have always acknowledged this dual process.)

Here is the link for the entire document:

Mitchell Forward

beth

p.s. I liked the connection between the Greek root word 'nous' and mind. En Francais!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 pm
Profile Personal album

Post St. Francis in the Desert
I was just reading the New York Times after a long work day, and I read an article which tickled me and I thought to put it here, but then it seemed so very silly. But here it is anyway:

"Victory for Tiny French Citizen

The European Union's highest court ruled that France had failed to protect the Great Hamster of Alsace, the last wild hamster species in Western Europe. If it does not take steps to protect the animal, it will be subject to fines of as much as $24.6 million."

On another note.....

I delved further into the newspaper, and there was a piece about the restoration of the famous painting "St. Francis in the Desert" by Bellini. I know it well both from art history class and from visits to the Frick Collection in NY. I saw it in person less than a year ago. Anyway, I pulled it up on line to look, and the symmetry-flu took over and i felt the urge to paste reverse images next to each other.

Here is the original:

Here is my double image:

I think Bernie has sniffed out some curiosities about Leonardo's Last Supper too.

Good Night!!!

beth

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:39 am
Profile Personal album

Post Great Hamster of Alsace
Hi Beth,

I just bumped into the following video in French and then saw your post. Perhaps these two concerns are connected. The following video is about what it is it like in France: 210 uranium mines, the residue materie´l spread on roads, sports stadiums, Parking lots… Most local roads now radiate all around France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvnmcaOnCU

Gregory

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:11 am

Post coming out of the earth
Beth's picture of the Bellini St. Francis, 1475, tells the story of "coming out of the earth" - there are a number of the Temptations of St. Anthony, but the same, they are the western human first coming out of the earth - the mother. This one by Joos van Craesbeeck in 1650 shows the problems which could result.

Recently CATO Institute policy wogs say the 500 year external journey of the west has ended. All suggest rising outward from a cave in the earth and to the sky and returning. In 1846 I think - when the Panama Canal was being built, Walt Whitman wrote:

“Lo, soul, seest thou not God’s purpose from the first?/ The earth to be spann’d, connected by network,/ The races, neighbors, to marry and be given in marriage,/The oceans to be cross’d, the distant brought near,/ The lands to be welded together.” The passage would be to the sun and the moon and all of the stars and to Siruis and Jupiter. Then: “After the seas are all cross’d (as they seem already cross’d)/ After the great captiains and engineers have accoomplish’d their work,/ After the noble inventors, after the scientists, the chemist, the geologist, ethnologist,/ Finally shall come the poet worthy of that name;/ The true son of God shall come singing his songs.”

Journey complete. The new journey marked by the horse Pegasus. This from the remarkable "Twin Peaks" by Philadelphia artist David Lynch:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 am
Profile WWW

Post Strange accident
Hi Gregory, Bernie and all -

I just went back into my photobucket account for another reason, and the Bellini images were stored next to each other, but the other way around. So I stuck them together -

In my mind the 2 double images connected to 2x each make a 360 degree circular panorama - alternating cave, tree, cave, tree, - in the four directions - negative space, positive space, negative space, positive space - around the center point of the viewer. Weird, but I thought I'd share it. Reminds me of those old time photo wheels with the slits for light which, when you spin them, make a "moving picture".

Weird.

beth

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:49 pm
Profile Personal album

Post two skulls
Nice that the two skulls meet in the center as in the "gateway to the unconscious" the two lions in Chinatowns everywhere and as gateway to the New York Public Library. In Jung's great dream of his "house" there were two skulls in the basement which led entry to the deepest cave of human consciousness. Jung said it was his wife and sister-in-law when he talked to Freud about the dream, but in the book Memories, Dreams, Reflections he said he had lied to Freud. But in my life wife and sister-in-law have actually been portal to the unconscious.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]