UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:48 am

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
 Radioactivity and Nonlocality, UFOs and "ETs" 
Founder

Post Re: inner space="outer space"
kristin wrote:
Mainly it is obvious that what we are suggesting here too in referencing this sort of inner observation work -( the wu wei attitude of non-action and inner meditation) - is: LOSE YOUR HEAD!

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu May 04, 2006 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Quote:
The acceptance of the reality of this "spaceless space" is the really big difficulty. Though we know that quantum physics is based on what it calls nonlocality, ie a world in which the causality defined in Einstein's spacetime is not valid, people go on as if this world would not exist. Thus, they need "extraterrestrials", ie people who come from a distant world. However, distance is not defined in a nonlocal world, the point is the same as the whole universe. This is the reason why I always write "ETs" and not ETs.

I guess more and more that Carl Jung did not realize this "spaceless space". As a thinking/philosopher type he was much more interested in time/spirit than in space/matter.

The dreams of Wolfgang Pauli speak however much more of space/matter, especially of the subtle matter of the unus mundus. This seems to be very logical, since Pauli was a physicist and not a psychologist/philosopher/theologist. [He was however an incredibly good epistemologist].

Thus, for example in his dream of the "crime of the objectified rotation" [letter [32P]; my designation] which talks IMO about his invention of the spin, he concludes at the end:

Quote:
"It appears that Fludd's voice, which was ignored at the time, is imbued with new meaning, since for the moderns the objectifying of space ha[s] only limited validity. The neutral language of the 'Blond' in the dream (he did not employ such terms as 'physical' or 'psychic' but just talks of people who 'know what rotation is' and those who do not know) seems to be reanimating the intermediary layer where the infans solaris used to be. The modern unconscious speaks here of a 'radioactive nucleus.'"

When the stranger tells Pauli that he does not know what rotation is, he tells him also that his "rotation", the spin, is somehow wrong. A heavy reproach to the inventor of the spin! This would mean that there exists a world in which there is no spin. There are people who know what this other, the real rotation is, and there are others. It seems that the stranger would like to tell Pauli that he belongs to the other ones, since he has “objectivated” (ie mathematisized) the idea of rotation.

"Rotation", as also Pauli’s spin, is definitely a term, which belongs to "space/matter" and not to "time/spirit". Thus, there seems to exist a space, in which no spin exists. Since the spin distinguishes the world of (female) matter from the world of (masculine) force/energy, the stranger seems to postulate that the absence of the spin in this world means that there is no distinction between matter and force/energy. Such a “matter-force” exists. It is called “space energy”, Zero-point energy, vacuum energy (and perhaps also the cosmological constant, dark energy and dark matter belong to it). This energy/force/matter without a spin seems to be described with the help of the term “rotation”, but in a different meaning, perhaps as the alchemical rotatio of the rotundum (which is the same as the infans solaris and the red tincture).

Further, according to Pauli this space is the “intermediary layer” [the lapis of Hermetic alchemy], and according to the stranger it is this world which is “radioactive”. Like this “rotation” and “radioactivity” seem to be a decisive characteristic of this “other space”.

If we interpret now “radioactivity” as “beta radioactivity on the psychophysical level”, we define it as what I call the matter-psyche with potentially higher negentropy. The latter seems thus to include or to lead to a rotation.

Thus, if the speculation of Rudolf Steiner ist true that spiraling is the characteristic of life, we could conclude that this rotation in Pauli’s dream means that “my” matter-psyche with potentially higher negentropy is the same as potential life on a higher level. Since also “radioactivity” means matter-psyche with potentially higher negentropy, “rotation” according to the meaning of the stranger and “radioactivity on the psychophysical level” mean one and the same thing: potentially higher life in the “other”, the “spaceless space”, in the unus mundus (which is also timeless time = eternity).

In the dream of the Seal of Solomon and the square (which is however a quintessence) – Tom quotes it in one of his latest posts – there is an final statement Marie-Louise von Franz did not publish in Number and Time (p. 108-9). It says that Carl Jungs “rotation of squares” is correct = 4 x 4 = 16 (and not 3 x 4). For a long time I did not understand this conclusion. Today I see however that it means that a square, ie a world of a causal spacetime is followed by a Seal of Solomon, or of a rotation, which means a psychophysical radioactivity, ie an acausal world, in which “new life” or higher negentropy is created. Like this a new causal spacetime quaternity is created, however with higher negentropy. Then the whole thing goes on, and a new Seal follows, and so on. Like this some sort of a DNA of the universe is created.

I guess that we are today, as a result of the artificial liberation of radioactivity, in exactly such a “Seal of Solomon” time, a “radioactive” time, in which this potentially higher negentropy of “inanimated” matter (machines; UFOs) and animated matter (“ETs”) is constellated. The process is observed by the encounter and abduction victims, which are unconsciouly thrown into the Eros consciousness. However the better way is the conscious observation – what I try with my Body-Centered Imagination.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu May 04, 2006 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

A dream from the other morning:

At a body of water, I plunge my head below the surface. I am astonished to find that there is another world that exists under the water; I am able to descend into this world and move through it and find that it is populated by people who are the color black... not black skinned, but black like a void, an abscence of light. I watch as a woman tries on a hat in a mirror in what looks to be a hat shop.
I come back up to the surface and exclaim to my wife what I have discovered and to follow me back down to see for herself.

In the dream I was in total amazement with the overwhelming feeling that this is utterly real - realer that real, and why hasn't this been discovered before.

Chris

Fri May 05, 2006 5:30 am
Founder

Just great, your dream!

Christopher Ross wrote:
In the dream I was in total amazement with the overwhelming feeling that this is utterly real - realer that real, and why hasn't this been discovered before.

Yes, this world is realer than real, it is the union with the unus mundus in the svadhisthana chakra.

Congrats!

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri May 05, 2006 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Founder

At a body of water, I plunge my head below the surface. I am astonished to find that there is another world that exists under the water

Chris

I guess you understand now why your UFOs liked water, lakes, the sea so much...

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri May 05, 2006 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Founder

... and find that it is populated by people who are the color black... not black skinned, but black like a void, an abscence of light.

Physics calls them the quantum physically small black holes ...

Quote:
I watch as a woman tries on a hat in a mirror in what looks to be a hat shop.

This is the wit of the preconscious knowledge. Very nice!

We can however also interpret it a little more seriously. In the first dream of Pauli's dream series, in CW 12, § 52, Pauli wears a stranger's hat. Carl Jung interprets the hat in § 53 as "Obervorstellung", ie "leading idea". Thus we could say that the hat symbolizes the axioms, the hypothesises of a worldview. What the woman, the anima mundi (and not Carl Jung's Anima) looks for, is exactly this new "Obervorstellung", ie the axiom of the "other space" I talked of in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... light=#907 .

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri May 05, 2006 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Quote:
When the stranger tells Pauli that he does not know what rotation is, he tells him also that his "rotation", the spin, is somehow wrong. A heavy reproach to the inventor of the spin! This would mean that there exists a world in which there is no spin. There are people who know what this other, the real rotation is, and there are others. It seems that the stranger would like to tell Pauli that he belongs to the other ones, since he has “objectivated” (ie mathematisized) the idea of rotation.

Perhaps I should add here a remark to clarify this. In letter [9] in Atom and Archetpye Pauli writes that

Quote:
"there are close links [in his dreams and visions] with those controversial and so-called parapsychological areas that are not easily accessible. The fantasies often assumed their own peculiar character by using physical terminology very familiar to me (such as ... 'radioactive nucleus' ...), to express analogies to psychic facts that I can only vaguely surmise."

Here, in 1935, Pauli realizes for the first time that the physical terms are used in a symbolic way, ie mean more or something different than their use in physics.

This hypothesis of Pauli I use, but I assume that these terms do not talk of "psychic facts" but of parapsychological facts. This means more concretely that they circumscribe yet unknown facts on the deeper, psychophysical level beyond physics and depth psychology.

I have then seen that my challenge is to transform these "symbolic terms" into a concret modern language, into what Pauli calls the neutral language. I try to describe with these terms neither physical nor depth psychological facts, but the "matter" and the energetic processes in the unus mundus or in the psychophysical reality.

One should see my efforts to translate e.g. the term "radioactivity on a psychophysical level" into this language on the above background. The result of this effort is the above (see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... light=#907 ) conclusion: "Radioactivity" = "rotation" = potentially higher life in the “other”, in the “spaceless space”, in the unus mundus (which is also timeless time = eternity).

I hope that my efforts become a little more clear with this explanation of my research method. As I mentioned above, I am convinced that my effort is a continuation of Pauli's to create a neutral language.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sat May 06, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 06, 2006 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Founder

We can further see a very big discrepancy between Carl Jung and Wolfgang Pauli concerning these dreams with "physical symbolic" content.

In letter [61] Jung writes:

Quote:
Your dreams are physial because this is your natural language, on the principle canis panem somniat, piscator pisces, but in fact the dream means something different,

Pauli answers in letter [62]:

Quote:
I attempted to explain away the physical part of the dreams as something not real. But the reactions of my unconscious were unfavorable and insistent, so that finally I had to cast aside all my reductive explanations and accept that there is actually a connection with physics in the dreams. Having said that, the dreams do not simply refer to modern, traditional physics but synthetically construct for me a sort of correspondentia between psychological and physical facts.

Thus, Jung tries to show Pauli that his dreams talk of depth psychology (ie "radioactive nucleus" = Jung's Self; what is, IMO, not true), but Pauli insists that they talk of what he later called a complementarity between physics and depth psychology.

My hypothesis is that these "physical symbolic" dreams do neither talk of Jung's collective unconscious nor of physics, but of the excluded third, of the unus mundus, the psychophysical reality beyond physics and depth psychology, therefore also beyond the collective unconscious.

Thus I propose an overcoming of Pauli's complementarity between physics and depth psychology. I propose further that such an overcoming happens in the moment one is able to transform the Logos ego into the Eros consciousness, and like this becomes able to observe the Eros Self. Like this "psychophysical radioactivity", ie potential acausal, indeterministic creation and incarnation acts out of the unus mundus become observable, and exactly as an effect of the observation are -- according to the Kopenhagen interpretation of quantum physics (Bohr, Pauli, Heisenberg et al.) -- incarnated into our space and time bound world.

This is what I call in a symbolic language the acausal creation act of the world soul, and this is what happens in UFO abduction and encounter. Since with the production of artificial radioactivity we increase the "radioactive nucleus" of the universe -- ie by creating radioactive matter we increase also the psychophysical radioactivity and "charge" like this the unus mundus -- in an incredible amount, there are much more UFO phenomena (even in an accelerating mode) after the year 1945 than before.

We have begun to play God -- and now we need at least some few people who can correct this ...

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sat May 06, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 06, 2006 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Founder

We can however also interpret it a little more seriously. In the first dream of Pauli's dream series, in CW 12, § 52, Pauli wears a stranger's hat. Carl Jung interprets the hat in § 53 as "Obervorstellung", ie "leading idea". Thus we could say that the hat symbolizes the axioms, the hypothesises of a worldview. What the woman, the anima mundi (and not Carl Jung's Anima) looks for, is exactly this new "Obervorstellung", ie the axiom of the "other space" I talked of in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... light=#907 .

What Jung did not say there since Pauli was his patient is the fact that his association with the Golem, the Chassidic homunculus is Pauli's. The Nobel laureate was in possession of the famous book Der Golem by G. Meyrinck and liked it very much. And Jung concludes

Quote:
It is the hat of an Athanasius, an immortal, a being beyond time, the universal and everlasting man as distinct from the ephemeral and 'accidential' mortal man.

What he did not know yet is the fact that this man is the human who is able to reach what I call the Eros consciousness.

Remo

PS: The last book Pauli read on his death bed was The Magician, a book by R. Baumgardt about Albert the Great (who was also a famous alchemist).

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat May 06, 2006 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

Post Angelic communication dream
Hi Kristin

kristin wrote:
Last night I had a dream, the main components of which were:

A) a giant party was being held, many of the contingent were Jewish persons in origin, which seemed important, but it was a mixed group

B) the event was a 'party' which either marked a WEDDING or a FUNERAL - which was it? (was it both at the same time ?????!!)

C) I was trying to remember something which the angels had said thoughout the entire dream

D) we were all at the airport. the event seemed to take place there. afterwards it was time to go 'home' and we would all leave in separate directions ...

The feeling in the dream in general was of 'initiation', threshold, and 'suspended animation'. People were celebrating, but the party was actually 'over' and we now had to be ready to leave on our separate 'planes'. We were saying goodbye. It was very emotional and moving, but not sad.

The feeling I had regarding the people there was that I wished we could come together as a unit, as 'one' and never have to say goodbye.

The feeling regarding what the angels had told me, and what I was trying to remember, was that it was very important and I was having a difficult time remembering the right words. Also, the feeling was that the angels were in some way menacing or frightening, but I knew that this was not the 'whole' story...

I tried to tell several people at the event about the words of the angels, but no one was really listening, although they pretended to...

Here is the all-important part :

One man of the whole group (hundreds of people) at the airport remembered what I had told him about the angels - ! - AND I remember PART of what he said regarding their words. They had told me 3 things, he reminded me. I managed to remember 2 of them because of this man's memory (though this man was not of the Jewish faith or background, he was in some way exotic, though he 'pretended' to blend in and act very regular). Here are the two things I remember. The middle thing I cannot remember, only the first and the last:

- First, the angels said "they DO NOT LIKE 2K (or K2)". In the dream I took this to mean something about a weapon. I associate it with 'Y2K', the millenial bug.

- Third, the angels said, however, something about 'alfalfa'. The information was that the angels can, in some way, be made happy, or be 'appeased' by, 'ALFALFA'. They LIKE it!

(I associate 'alfalfa' with 'Alpha' (as well as considering the plant itself, which may have some meaning of it's own. It is GREEN - a plant which replaces nitrogen INTO the soil, and, among other things, alfalfa is called 'Trefoil' - which means '3' leaves! It is native to Iran (given the history happening there right now, this is quite something). IT cannot be seeded in a field where it already is growing - it is 'autotoxic', therefore - -- which is quite interesting, and, finally, alfalfa has been known to stimulate and increase lactation, and therefore is a member of the plants known as 'galactagogues' ... (Here is wikipedia's entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfalfa ) )

O.K. So, the main reason I have placed this dream in the thread regarding 'Radioactivity' and 'Nonlocality' is precisely because I had the dream last night/early this morning (in N.America it is Saturday), just after you posted this thread AND also because it actually speaks of the 'Alpha' state, as in Remo's words above:

" on a psychophysical level we can interpret alpha radioactivity as the approach to or even the transformation of the conscious into this state, in which there is no space in the physical meaning anymore...the state we discussed in the thread about Roger's spider dream...the unity of the Eros ego with the Eros Self of the Purushna/Atman state."

NOW, one final point. The dream ends with the man who helped me to remember - (only 2 of 3 things the angels told me) , saying to me he is going up to his 'room' (at the airport...) to get something for me. He has something for me, and he leaves to go and get it - I say "wait - we have to leave soon! don't go!", but he smiles and goes away to get the gift.

Is this gift related to the second missing item (the angelic words I can't remember) of the dream - something we don't yet know, or maybe something that has been 'secret' but that we are discovering now?

We have first 'Y2K', or a weapon '2K(K2)' which the angels don't like. They seem angry and it is potentially dangerous for us. Second, we are missing something - what is it?- I can't seem to remember. But third, we know that the angels 'like Alfalfa', which is a very good prospect - the idea is that we can make things 'right' with this 'substance' or 'concept'. (if you ask, 'who are the angels' - are they the 'ET's' - yes, of course they are associated with them I feel...)

.....an Easter surprise maybe?!?

Kristin

I know this relates to material put here about a year ago but its new to me, and it suggested a connection.
Just a thought about the dream that you relate, that I don't think anyone has suggested. Could alpha also be the Alpha brain state (8-12 Hz)? This is the state of the brain during dreaming or relaxation, when I imagine angels would find it easiest to contact us.
And the threats? I also had a look at material posted on the HAARP project, where I believe that there are suggestions of using frequencies in this range to affect brain patterns (this is mentioned in the book which is my main source of information on HAARP, called rather interestingly, 'Angels Don't Play this HAARP' by Jeanne Manning and Nick Begich'). This has certainly been attempted - I think that there are instances listed in the HAARP material here. So maybe there is a mode of awareness where we can be influenced by both helpful and destructive effects, and it would correspond to the brain in an Alpha state.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:28 am

Post Nuclear Power Rebirth
Dear Forum,

As I began to write "Dear" it came out "Fear."
This describes my state, having just had a conversation with someone who works for a nuclear power plant and hearing him speak of the 26 new nuclear power plants on the table for construction plus major revamping of existing plants as nuclear power is poised to make a comeback in the United States. In googling on the subject just read a recent Scientific America article, as url below:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID ... 01AD131FD0

And this as I am well into rereading Walter Russell's Atomic Suicide book written in 1957.

Together, the conversation and the book, perceptibly weakens me. The "fear" I am feeling is for humanity. I realize the impulse to reread the Russell book was out of a need to know what at this late hour we may be facing. And what, in moving beyond fear, can realistically be done.

Dumbfounded,
Ann

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:02 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Nuclear Power Rebirth
murraycreek wrote:
Dear Forum,

As I began to write "Dear" it came out "Fear."
This describes my state, having just had a conversation with someone who works for a nuclear power plant and hearing him speak of the 26 new nuclear power plants on the table for construction plus major revamping of existing plants as nuclear power is poised to make a comeback in the United States. In googling on the subject just read a recent Scientific America article, as url below:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID ... 01AD131FD0

And this as I am well into rereading Walter Russell's Atomic Suicide book written in 1957.

Together, the conversation and the book, perceptibly weakens me. The "fear" I am feeling is for humanity. I realize the impulse to reread the Russell book was out of a need to know what at this late hour we may be facing. And what, in moving beyond fear, can realistically be done.

Dumbfounded,
Ann

Hello Ann and Remo, I am just flitting in here and out again quickly - I am busy with a lot of other things in my everyday life.

Here is a big shocker about the totally insane arrogance of the Mind of Man when it seeks to play God.

At the Heart of All Matter

The hunt for the God particle

By Joel Achenbach
Photograph by Peter Ginter

If you were to dig a hole 300 feet straight down from the center of the charming French village of Crozet, you'd pop into a setting that calls to mind the subterranean lair of one of those James Bond villains. A garishly lit tunnel ten feet in diameter curves away into the distance, interrupted every few miles by lofty chambers crammed with heavy steel structures, cables, pipes, wires, magnets, tubes, shafts, catwalks, and enigmatic gizmos.

This technological netherworld is one very big scientific instrument, specifically, a particle accelerator-an atomic peashooter more powerful than any ever built. It's called the Large Hadron Collider, and its purpose is simple but ambitious: to crack the code of the physical world; to figure out what the universe is made of; in other words, to get to the very bottom of things.

Starting sometime in the coming months, two beams of particles will race in opposite directions around the tunnel, which forms an underground ring 17 miles in circumference. The particles will be guided by more than a thousand cylindrical, supercooled magnets, linked like sausages. At four locations the beams will converge, sending the particles crashing into each other at nearly the speed of light. If all goes right, matter will be transformed by the violent collisions into wads of energy, which will in turn condense back into various intriguing types of particles, some of them never seen before. That's the essence of experimental particle physics: You smash stuff together and see what other stuff comes out.

REST OF ARTICLE:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/03/god-particle/achenbach-text

If the picture image needs to be made smaller, someone else please do it for me. I have to sign off now.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 am
Profile Personal album

The most recent issue of SciAm has an excellent description of the most popular theory of subatomic particles which is the basis for many experiments planned for the CERN machine.

This would be an excellent source of words and concepts to test Pauli's idea of "background physics".

As Jung wrote to Pauli: "God may be a weak left-hander after all."

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:32 pm
Founder

Post Return of the World Soul 2009
Tom wrote:
This would be an excellent source of words and concepts to test Pauli's idea of "background physics".

I formulated all this in Chapter 6 of The Return of the World Soul. It is however much too much for a short overview. I hope that the book will be published in Spring 2009.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:38 pm
Profile WWW

illustrations of physicists images of particles here. Feb issue. have to buy or join to see pictures.

http://sciamdigital.com/index.cfm?fa=Pr ... BADC7E5243

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:44 am

Post Re: Return of the World Soul 2009
Remo Roth wrote:
Tom wrote:

I formulated all this in Chapter 6 of The Return of the World Soul. It is however much too much for a short overview. I hope that the book will be published in Spring 2009.

Remo

Remo, it seems that I am not quite out of here for an extended vacation after all. Actually, in every day life currently, I am back to all my usual activities without the excessive mind racing of a week to two weeks ago.

After seeing these most recent posts this evening, a name suddenly came to me of someone who had worked on the Manhattan Project. I met him and his wife at a small group discussion that went on for some weeks in their home. I had to go about 30 miles each way. Maybe 15-20 years ago. A few times I hung around afterward and talked with both of them. At one point he said that in his later years, he was in a sense making a complete turn around in what he was dedicating himself to, going from science into what many would ridicule as pseudoscience. He took me into his personal library and said he was willing to loan me some of his own research books to take home to read and he would trust me to return them whenever I was able to. His wife came along with a bag to load the pile into so I could carry them to my car. Then they both cheerily waved goodbye for the day, dashing out to a meditation gathering. I could only remember his first name, Theodore, for some reason a couple of hours ago. But Google did the trick in finding info on him. He and his wife are still alive. It seems he has a website.

Science:

Brief Bio

THEODORE ROCKWELL has been directly involved in nuclear power for over 60 years, starting in 1943 in an elite Process Improvement Task Force at the war-time atomic bomb project at Oak Ridge, Tennessee. After the war he transferred to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and became Head of the Radiation Shield Engineering Group. In 1949 then-Captain H.G. Rickover hired him to work in the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.

In 1954, he became Technical Director, responsible to Admiral Rickover for helping to develop criteria, procedures and facilities for safe operation of nuclear-powered naval vessels and the world’s first commercial central station nuclear power plant. In 1960 he was awarded an honorary ScD degree for his contributions toward the development of atomic power. In 1964 he left with two colleagues to set up the respected engineering firm MPR Associates, Inc.

He was given Distinguished Service Medals by both the Navy and the US Atomic Energy Commission, an “Award for Exemplary Achievement in Public Administration,” by the William A. Jump Foundation, and the first “Lifetime Contribution Award, henceforth known as the Rockwell Award,” by the American Nuclear Society. One of his patents is listed in “a selection of [27] landmark US atomic energy patents from all the patents issued to date.” LOTS MORE at link below.

"Pseudoscience":

Frontiers
ACTION ON THE SCIENCE FRONTIERS
PUBLICATIONS BY THEODORE ROCKWELL

"Report of Panel on Science and Unexplained Phenomena," American Society for Information Science, U.S. Bicentennial Conference, Apr. 12-14, 1976.

(With Teed Rockwell) "Irrational Rationalists," Jour. Amer. Soc. Psychical Research, 72, 23-34, (Jan 1978) . Reprinted in The Battlefield of Psi (Japanese language anthology, 1987).

"Rhine vs. Kurtz on 'The Paranormal'," Psi News, Vol. 1, No. 1 (July 1978).

"Science Policy on Psi Reviewed," Psi News Insert, Vol.1, No. 1 (July 1978).

(With Teed Rockwell) "The Humanist's Crusade Against Parapsychology," Jour. Amer. Soc. Psychical Research, 72, 349-64, (Oct 1978). Reprinted in The Battlefield of Psi (1987).

"Debunking Committee Fades," Amer. Soc. Psychical Research Newsletter, Vol. 5, No. 1 (Jan. 1979).

"Parapsychology," Letter to Editor, Science Section, NY Times, Feb. 27, 1979.

"The P.A. and the A.A.A.S.," Psi News, Vol.2, No. 2 (Apr. 1979).

"Pseudoscience? Or Pseudocriticism?" Research in Parapsych. 1979, 186-187; Metuchen, N.J., Scarecrow Press (1980).

"Parapsychology and the Integrity of Science," Washington Post (Sunday OpEd), page D8, Aug. 26, 1979.

"Pseudoscience? Or Pseudocriticism?" Jour. Parapsych., 43, 221-231 (Sep. 1979).

Book review essay on "Handbook of Parapsychology" and "Advances in Parapsych. Research," Pursuit, 45-46, Winter 1979.

"Heresy and Excommunication in American Science," Assn. Humanistic Psych. Newsletter, 11-12, Nov. 1979.

"Establishment Censors Psi Research," Brain/Mind Bulletin, Nov. 5, 1979.

"ESP and Parapsychology" (Book review), Parapsych. Review, 11, No. 3, 12-14 (May/June 1980). Follow-up discussion, Parapsych. Review, 12, No. 2, 25-26 (Mar/Apr 1981).

"Response to Ray Hyman," Zetetic Scholar, No. 6, 63-64 (July 1980).

"Psi Research in USSR," Amer. Soc. Psychical Research Newsletter, 7, No. 2, 34 (Apr. 1981).

(With Teed Rockwell) "Psi and the Falsifiability Test," MPRI Newsletter, 3 , 1ff, (May 1981); (Mid-west Psi Research Institute).

"The Psychology of the Psychic" (Book review), Parapsych. Review, 12, No. 3, 25-28 (May/June 1981).

"Chinese Research on Paranormal Activities - Update," American Dowser, 21, No. 4, 34 (Nov. 1981).

"Pseudoscience? Or Pseudocriticism?" Jour. Parapsych., 43, 221-231 (Sep. 1979).

(With Teed Rockwell) "Die Achillesferse der Wissenschaft: die Wissenschaftler," pp 334-352 in Der Wissenschaftler und das Irrationale, Hans Peter Duerr (Editor), Frankfurt, Syndikat (1981).

(With Teed Rockwell) "Frames of Meaning: The Social Construction of Extraordinary Science" (Book Review Essay); Theta, 11, 69-71 (Apr 1983).

"Some of a Kind" (Review of periodicals on mind research), Utne Reader, 49-50 (Summer 1984).

(With Teed Rockwell) "The Demarcation Between Science and Pseudoscience" (Book Review Essay), Jour. Amer. Soc. Psychical Research 80, 105-112 (Jan 1986).

“Randi as ‘Truth’s Bodyguard’,” Letter to the Editor, Twilight Zone, June, 1988.

"Modern Miracles" (Book review), New Realities, 8, No. 6, 78 (Jul/Aug 1988).

(With Teed Rockwell) "Margins of Reality: The Role of Consciousness in the Physical World" (Book Review Essay), Jour. Amer. Soc. Psychical Research, 82, 359-365 (Oct 1988). Reprinted (condensed) in New Realities, 9 (Mar/Apr 1989).

"On Science and Religion," The Scientist, 2, No. 19, 12 (Oct. 17, 1988).

“How Should Science Handle the ‘Unbelievable’?” Testimony and report to Congessional Office of Technology Assessment, Oct. 30, 1988

"Response to George Hansen," Zetetic Scholar (in press).

"Make Scientific Journals More Responsive--and Responsible," The Scientist, 3, No. 10, 12 (May 15,1989).

“Cold Fusion: Why Outrage?” Letter to the Editor, TIME, May 29, 1989.

"Parapsychology and Psychology: Matches and Mismatches" (Book Review), New Realities 9, No. 5, 60 (May/Jun 1989).

"The Dove in the Stone: Finding the Sacred in the Commonplace" (Book Review), New Realities 9, No. 6, 51 (July/Aug 1989).

"Guest Editorial: Psi Is Not a Mere Anomaly", JASPR 83, No. 3, 201-203 (July 1989). Response to rebuttals, JASPR 84, No. 1 (January, 1990). Reprinted (condensed, with commentary) in Psi Review, Vol. 1, No. 1 &2, (1990).

“Defining Science: Response to Ashley Montague,” American Scientist, 77, No. 6, 520 (Nov/Dec 1989).

“Secrets of the Soil,” Book Review, New Realities, 10, No. 3, 56 (Jan/Feb 1990).

“ELF Radiation and the Mind,” (Book Review of Maze, by Larry Collins), Artifex Vol.8 No. 2/3 (1989).

“How Should Science Handle the ‘Unbelievable’?” Jour.U.S. Psychotronics Assn.,No. 3, 25 (Winter 1989).

“Heresy, Excommunication, and Other Weeds in the Garden of Science” Invited Address to the Philosophical Society of Washington at the Cosmos Club, Sept. 21, 1990

“Quantum Healing” and “Perfect Health,” Book Reviews in New Realities, 11, No. 2, (Nov/Dec 1990).

“The Encyclopedia of Parapsychology and Psychical Research,” Book Review in New Realities (in press).

“The Warrior’s Edge,” Book Review in New Realities (in press).

“Scientific Qigong: Externalizing the Body’s Energy,” Invited Paper, US Psychotronics Association Seventeent Annual Conference, July 16-21, 1991.

“Reconciliation and Synthesis: A Role for USPA,” Newsletter of USPA, Spring 1991.

“The Secret Life of Your Cells,” Book Review, in Artifex, No. 10 (1992).

“Reactionary Revolutionaries: Is the Shoe Now on the Other Foot?” Essay in ASPR Newsletter, Vol 18, No. 2 (1993), reprinted in Psi Researcher, newsletter of the (British) Society for Psychical Research (in press).

“Buying and Selling Psychotronic Equipment and Services” in Newsletter of the US Psychotronic Association, Vol. 12, No. 2 (Summer 1992).

“Matter and Mind: Imaginative Participation in Science,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, Winter 1993.

“The Energy Within,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, Winter 1993.

“Light: The Medicine of the Future,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, Spring 1993

“Human Minds: An Exploration,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, Summer 1993

“The Web in the Sea,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, (In press)

“The Spindrift Papers,” Book Review, in J. Amer. Soc. Psychical Res, Vol. 87, No. 4 (Oct. 93)

“Measuring the Effectiveness of Healing Prayer,” Frontier Perspectives (In press)

“Reunions: Mystical Encounters With Departed Loved Ones,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, (Summer 1994)

“Beyond Biofeedback,” Book Review in Classic Books in the Noetic Sciences, Inst. of Noetic Sciences (Summer 1994)

“The Bridge of Sighs: Problems of Building a Sci/Psi Bridge” Keynote Address at conference of International Association for New Science, September 14-18,1994.

Have fun at his site:

http://members.authorsguild.net/tedrockwell/index.htm

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:16 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Suzanne wrote:
“Quantum Healing” and “Perfect Health,” Book Reviews in New Realities, 11, No. 2, (Nov/Dec 1990).

“Reunions: Mystical Encounters With Departed Loved Ones,” Book Review, in An Intelligent Guide, Inst. of Noetic Sciences, (Summer 1994)

Suzanne

Very interesting!

Can you (or someone else) find out his address? I would like to send him my ms.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:02 am
Profile WWW

Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne wrote:

Suzanne

Very interesting!

Can you (or someone else) find out his address? I would like to send him my ms.

Remo

Yes, already looked it up. He will probably be glad to hear from you. I have checked his web stats, and he does not get many vistors to his website.

Theodore Rockwell
3403 Woolsey Dr
Chevy Chase, MD 20815-3924

By the way, some nights ago, I was listening to a very unusual old audio tape that I had pulled out recently from the boxes that have been in storage for about ten years. That was before I noticed your post of speculations on this topic. Here is a description of what the "composer" intended:

Quote: In the application of the law of Pythagoras and its transcendent principles (of harmony and growth) music analyst Berendt notes that "Each spin [of all particles] contains all prior whole-number spins.... This is the process of differentiation and development...the higher the spin, the higher the state of consciousness."284 Thus the multidimensional spiro-vortex of consciousness expresses the same concept of Wilber's depth. Instead of Wilber's repressed implicit promotion of the linear knowledge system, sound-current nondualism successfully models a combination of the hierarchy (vertical) and heterarchy (horizontal) perspectives that have riddled radical ecology theorists.285

But demonstrating this concept through music theory has another profound implication, as Berendt quotes musicologist Gerhard Nestler:

One-line music with an indefinite pitch and with its wide range of intermediate tones and overtones has a wider base of expression than polyphonic music with its definite pitch and its interval structure, than Conventional Western music, that is. In the final analysis, such music is unhearable. What we hear is its symbol. The symbol is the tones that man chooses from the wealth of tones provided by the universe. Such music grows out of the polar tensions between the audible and the inaudible.286 End Quote

http://lightmind.com/library/hempel/restoring-logos2.html

This is the more modern superior sound quality version.

You can listen to only a short snippet of the whole half hour of what I was listening to at this link. Use a good set of earphones. The one specified here is "better" than the other selections for obvious reasons.

The Shiva-Shakti Sound - this is the one!

http://www.discord.co.uk/Primordial-Tones-1-Joachim-Ernst-Berendt/AQ0416/

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:23 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Remo Roth wrote:
I formulated all this in Chapter 6 of The Return of the World Soul. It is however much too much for a short overview.

Concerning the God particle -- what a megalomania !!! -- the so-called Higgs boson, I can however post a short part of the interpretation of Pauli's dreams about the danger of nuclear physics and of his feeling that we are doing black magic in it:

Quote:
In the same letter Pauli mentions that he – for a last time – met Carl Jung in his Tower in Bollingen, Switzerland. He writes that Jung pointed to the fact that Albertus Magnus (circa 1200 to 1280 A.C.), the church father and alchemist, was stamped by magic ideas, especially the one of an “überschwere Form von Materie,” an overly-heavy form matter. Of course we are immediately reminded of uranium and the transuranian elements, which all are radioactive. Further we remember the higher-energetic quarks and leptons as well as the efforts of physicists to empirically prove the existence of the so-called Higgs boson – it is also called God particle! – also an overly-heavy form of matter, which should help to unify the four elementary forces. Could this effort perhaps be a first, however unconscious and thus incomplete (and destructive) attempt to approach Hermetic magic, which was constellated in Wolfgang Pauli? Could it also be that by these physical imaginations my hypothesis is backed that these endeavors of the conscious will and power of the Logos ego will lead to destructive effects, as it is the case with artificial fission? Only the future can answer this question. Perhaps it will soon be answered, at the day when the first Higgs particle is produced in CERN in Geneva, Switzerland .

We know that the idea of a possible replacement of the quantum physical black mass by a more conscious form of magic did not let go of Pauli. When he four years later in the Rotkreuz Hospital on the other side of the street of his ETH office died, one found as his last reading matter before his early death the book Der Magier, Das Leben des Albertus Magnus (The Magician, the life of Albertus Magnus) by Rudolf Baumgardt .

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post The Mad Scientists Playing God Indeed
Remo, Before signing off from here some hours ago, I had partly composed an addition to my last post to illustrate by quotations from them what some of these Large Hadron Collider folks are up to. They are willing to endanger the survival of the Earth itself in order to pursue their God Particle. It's like watching a Bela Lugosi movie in the middle of the night, not about vampires, but one in particular where the megolamaniac he was playing had created a death ray that could intimidate all nations and allow him to rule the Earth. Then add the insane hysterical laughter that Bela was so good at. Something caused me to pause and not finish that post addition. Inner hints like that to stop and sense the timing of what should be said or not said is important. You came up with your own conclusion with your own reference as to why this smash-a-roo project is wicked to the core. My last thought before not posting the additon was, hmm, let's see if Remo sees and mentions the supreme grandiosity that has to be in the minds of the physicists directly involved with this project. Suzanne

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:10 pm
Profile Personal album

Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne wrote:

Remo

Hello Remo, I have absolute confirmation now from online documentation that my friend's wife is deceased as seemed to be indicated by what I sent to you a few days ago. I only found that out last night. In what I described on another thread - about the more than a dream experience a few years ago - there he was giving evidence of the event being real by telling me at that time that his wife was still alive which I could check then - which I did and she was. I left out the part in what I posted then that he had added an item that was to be some kind of evidence later. He said, she has dementia but is being well taken care of. A name was given of someone this would mean something to - which I will not comment on now. Then there was all that shrouded in shadows scene where he appeared ill in some way, was losing the ability to communicate, and vanished almost pitifully from the scene. Well, I cannot go into this now but something has happened where a healing work is now taking place in their dimension that is somehow restoring them from some damaged condition. It took a private E-mail from one of our co-workers here today that made it clear I have to be more precise about writing down details and not dismissing them as not an essential part of the picture.

OK, now back to Ted Rockwell. You know that business about 30 storage boxes in the garage that have not been opened for over 10 years. I have not looked at any of them real recently. The first one I opened up at random this afternoon had, at about the 5th item down in stuff just dumped in with no dates or topics taken into consideration, the exact written information including a meeting list I needed to remember clearly exactly when I met him and his wife. I am sure I could just send him an E-mail and say hey, remember me, and he would without having to recall my name because I could specify one very specific topic he and I discussed that would immediately register with him. Well, I do not really have to do that anyway. What I should pull in here for now is this - he has a most interesting book:

JUST PUBLISHED!

THE VIRTUAL LIBRARIAN: A Tale of Alternative Realities

iUniverse Speculative Science Novel

Information technologist Keith Robertson keeps reminding himself that Lib is not a real person; she’s a virtual librarian—software, nothing more. But her software is evolutionary, designed to keep improving itself as it learns. So she is outgrowing her creators and developing a mind of her own. Keith’s whole future, including his job and his marriage, depends on Lib. And Lib is out of control.

Their story pulls the reader into amazing, little-known worlds with intriguing ideas and people, including research engineers, information technologists, mind analysts, and professional psychics, all drawn from the author’s personal experience.

Keith learns about laboratories that scientifically test people who claim they can influence computers from afar, by mental effort alone. He wonders if psychic saboteurs might account for Lib’s erratic behavior. He assembles five widely different professional psychics to test that theory. But the problem isn’t that simple.

We meet an expert on complexity, who explains what happens when you try to control a complex, evolutionary system from outside. But he offers no fix for the problem.

The outcome is unexpected but satisfying, leaving the reader to ponder some of the problems and possibilities humanity faces as machines develop minds of their own.

Jacket Blurbs:

A delight to read. A fascinating journey where both the scientist and the mystic in us can feel at home. The reader is treated to a rich and colorful portrait of the leading edges of science, alternative realities and virtual internet worlds—territory we have yet to fully traverse.
-- Howard Zimmerman, Past President of the American Society for Psychical Research, former Executive Secretary of the Parapsychological Association and Senior Staffer to the U.S. Surgeon-General (1967-88).

The Virtual Librarian is a page-turner as well as an absorbing introduction to the mysteries of the virtual world. The narrative, upheld by references to actual research, reveals that what we assume to be “reality” is not as solid as we might imagine, while what we designate as “virtual” may in fact be far more real—and certainly more influential--than we might expect.
--Gwyneth Cravens, popular novelist and author of "Power to Save the World: The Truth About Nuclear Energy."

Expand your concept of a “real friend” and read Rockwell’s astonishing book.
-- Bill Sweet, former President of Spindrift Research, and author of "A Journey Into Prayer: Pioneers of Prayer in the Laboratory."

In this creative volume, Ted Rockwell has combined the requisite pragmatics of human mastery of advanced information technologies with their relentlessly cascading diversity
-- Robert Lee Chartrand, Senior Specialist in Information Policy & Technology for Congress and the White House, and Editor of "Critical Issues in the Information Age."

The "Virtual Librarian" presents unusual and startling ideas based on the author's own experience, that will interest all readers and invoke much thought.
--John F. Brinster, Scientist, inventor, entrepreneur. Author of "The Abduction" and other books on science and religion.

-----------------------------

He has two sons he writes with at times. He links to his son's own work.

Neither Brain nor Ghost
A Nondualist Alternative to the Mind-Brain Identity Theory
W. Teed Rockwell

Table of Contents and Sample Chapters

In this highly original work, Teed Rockwell rejects both dualism and the mind-brain identity theory. He proposes instead that mental phenomena emerge not merely from brain activity but from an interacting nexus of brain, body, and world. The mind can be seen not as an organ within the body, but as a "behavioral field" that fluctuates within this brain-body-world nexus. If we reject the dominant form of the mind-brain identity theory -- which Rockwell calls "Cartesian materialism" (distinct from Daniel Dennett's concept of the same name) -- and accept this new alternative, then many philosophical and scientific problems can be solved. Other philosophers have flirted with these ideas, including Dewey, Heidegger, Putnam, Millikan, and Dennett. But Rockwell goes further than these tentative speculations and offers a detailed alternative to the dominant philosophical view, applying pragmatist insights to contemporary scientific and philosophical problems.

Rockwell shows that neuroscience no longer supports the mind-brain identity theory because the brain cannot be isolated from the rest of the nervous system; moreover, there is evidence that the mind is hormonal as well as neural. These data, and Rockwell's reanalysis of the concept of causality, show why the borders of mental embodiment cannot be neatly drawn at the skull, or even at the skin. Rockwell then demonstrates how his proposed view of the mind can resolve paradoxes engendered by the mind-brain identity theory in such fields as neuroscience, artificial intelligence, epistemology, and philosophy of language. Finally, he argues that understanding the mind as a "behavioral field" supports the new cognitive science paradigm of dynamic systems theory (DST).

About the Author

W. Teed Rockwell is in the philosophy department at Sonoma State University.

Endorsements
"Well researched and well written, this is an excellent introduction to the nascent field of nonlinear neurodynamics. Rockwell has some excellent passages on causality and supervenience, and he is to be congratulated for having extricated himself from the swamps of GOFAI, materialism, and functionalism."
--Walter J. Freeman, University of California, Berkeley, author of How Brains Make Up Their Minds

"Where does the mind end and the world begin? Although the view that the mind is confined to the brain isn't dead yet, Rockwell offers a Deweyan nail for the Cartesian coffin with his answer that the boundary between mind and world is a flexible one. Drawing on embodied and dynamical systems approaches to cognitive science, he proposes an intriguing alternative to the separation of mind and world, which underlies the Cartesian materialism of traditional cognitive science and the philosophical puzzles it spawns."
--Colin Allen, Professor, Department of History and Philosophy of Science and Program in Cognitive Science, Indiana University

"A new view of mind is in the air. Teed Rockwell has sensed it and articulated it beautifully in this book. Using a powerful combination of Dewey's pragmatism and dynamical systems theory, he proposes a bold alternative to Cartesian materialism that deserves careful scrutiny."
--J. A. Scott Kelso, Glenwood and Martha Creech Chair in Science and Director, Center for Complex Systems and Brain Sciences, Florida Atlantic University

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Remo Roth wrote:
Could it also be that by these physical imaginations my hypothesis is backed that these endeavors of the conscious will and power of the Logos ego will lead to destructive effects, as it is the case with artificial fission? Only the future can answer this question. Perhaps it will soon be answered, at the day when the first Higgs particle is produced in CERN in Geneva, Switzerland .

To this danger see

http://cs.astronomy.com/asycs/forums/t/31353.aspx

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Profile WWW

Remo Roth wrote:
Remo Roth wrote:
Could it also be that by these physical imaginations my hypothesis is backed that these endeavors of the conscious will and power of the Logos ego will lead to destructive effects, as it is the case with artificial fission? Only the future can answer this question. Perhaps it will soon be answered, at the day when the first Higgs particle is produced in CERN in Geneva, Switzerland .

To this danger see

http://cs.astronomy.com/asycs/forums/t/31353.aspx

Remo

Hi Remo, Ann recently sent me a message from her one on the other side that I should in effect be keeping track of things better on paper - I tend to sense myself that drawing the images I see can be far more important than ideas in words - or finding some pic that looks like what I see - so I'm going to carry a little notebook around to record them in. Anyhow, sometimes I just up and save something I see on the Internet with no real idea why I did it. I think this image below was quite some time ago. But when I looked at it again when trying to pull up images for another purpose - I realised this was at least close to the ominous impressions I was seeing a few weeks ago when the mind-racing was going a bit too relentlessly. The pace slowed down to very tolerable after some immediate crisis in world events appeared to have been averted at mid-month - at least for the time being. OK, here's the pic - as they say, one picture can equal a thousand words. Suzanne

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 am
Profile Personal album

Compare these two:

Here's another one I saved some time ago and do not know where I got it.

The title in properties of this image: 53_Dreifaltigkeitsvision_mit_Heiligenbildli_4_1.jpg

Googling that does not bring up what Internet page it may have come from...

Suzanne

Added in edit: Well I got closer to what is supposed to be the source page but cannot get the image in regular view or cache. But...

In the mood for chapel lately?

Bruder Klaus von Flüe, 1669 (this date is wriong by some 200 years!)

Date: Sunday, March 09, 2008

Start: 12:00 AM
End: 12:00 AM

(Note: Immaculata's local date/time)

Seligsprechung durch Papst Klemens IX.

http://www.rsscalendar.com/View.aspx?k=27097833cb9305ff344b6d0b7efc4452

No amount of clicking around at this place produces the picture above, but it is supposed to be at some page that links to the one listed here:

HOLY PRAYERS AND DEVOTIONS: Prayer for Holy Mother Church Dreifaltigkeitsvision Tuy In union with the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary we hail and adore the Holy Wound of Thy right Hand. ...
holydevotions.blogspot.com/2007/08/prayer-for-holy-mother-church.html - 89k - Cached

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 am
Profile Personal album

Seems like a more appropriate prayer for us perpetually lapsed Catholics:

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:27 am
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3