UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:55 am

[ 1 post ] 
Reply to topic
 Adan McLean and the Hermetic Journal 

Post Adan McLean and the Hermetic Journal
If anyone has already posted this, I appologise, but I haven't come across it here.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html

I did a course with Adam McLean at the Wrekin Trust sometime around 1980. He publishes traditional Hermetic works and paints on alchemical themes. He also practices alchemy and has a great interest in the parallels between the Hermetic tradition and modern physics. His own articles on this theme are very interesting. He uses a technique of meditation which initially conceives of an alchemical vessel or transparent egg as an interface between the inner and outer worlds. Within this vessel the unconscioous contents are allowed to emerge and transform. From here one works successively with thoughts, feelings, and the forces of the will. I cannot claim to have systematically worked through this program, but I suggest that the forces of the will when transformed are very different to those of the normal will of the ego. I wonder if this still comes under the category of Logos consciousness.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat May 26, 2007 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]