UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Alchemy, BCI, and the Emotional Pain Body 

Post Alchemy, BCI, and the Emotional Pain Body
Hi to All,

In reviewing Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now, in Chapter Two, “Consciousness: The Way Out of Pain,”, he writes.

Quote:
Sustained conscious attention severs the link between the pain-body and your thought processes and brings about the process of transmutation. It is as if the pain becomes fuel for the flame of your consciousness, which then burns more brightly as a result. This is the esoteric meaning of the ancient art of alcheny: the transmutation of base metal into gold, of suffering into consciousness. The split within is healed, and you become whole again. Your responsibility then is not to create further pain.

Tolle then goes on to summarize a process that strikes me in several ways as similar to BCI
and which he pinpoints as "the power of Now." In other words, it is thematic or core to his entire teaching which is gaining acceptance in large numbers and around the world.

I have taken the liberty of reformatting Tolle’s instructions into a reminder list.

Quote:
Focus attention on the feeling inside you.

Know that it is the pain-body.

Accept that it is there. Don’t think about it—don’t let the feeling turn into thinking,

Don’t judge or analyze.

Don’t make an identity for yourself out of it.

Stay present and continue to be the observer of what is happening inside you.

Become aware not only of the emotional pain but also of “the one who observes,” the silent watcher.

. . . Then see what happens.

To engage in this process, Tolle explains, is what he means by “the power of the Now”--the power of your own conscious presence.

With love to all,
Ann

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 am
Profile WWW

Post Moving your post and my reply to our Blog
Hi Ann and All readers, I thought last night before going to sleep that I better check with you by E-mail to see if you wanted your post as a new topic separate from the Blog or not. Me and others here at the forum have done that a number of times because the "new topic" seems like just a new title for a post rather then that it creates an entirely new thread. I have been encountering various indications like coming across my old CDs of Tolle's "Stillness Speaks" in a drawer yesterday that indicate that I may be more receptive now to comprehending much of what he says on the inner level rather than the words going in my ears and out somewhere into outer space that doesn't do me any good in dealing with the powerful "pain body" that acts up even more as we have to contend with the aging process. OK, I will narrow my focus now from my mental list of "the 10,000 things" I have to impossibly get done today and this week... and just get this post and reply over to the Blog. Suzanne

P.S. Will add a link to its new location as soon as I am finished.

LINK to Ann-Suzanne Blog relocation of this post:

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... 1582#11582

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]