UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:00 am

[ 14 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Revolutionizing Reality & I Ching #49 

Post Revolutionizing Reality & I Ching #49
I don't know if this is the right place for this message, so feel free to move it...

Lately, I have really been questioning my grip on reality. For more than 7 months, the way I experience reality has transformed dramatically. This began with my move out west, my renunciation of drug use, and a transfiguration of myself.

Today, I cast to the I Ching while meditating on my changing perception of reality. I remember a time when I thought I was so 'in', so grounded, that I probably couldn't even comprehend the thought of a shift in my perception.

I've never been materialistic, but this shift of mine seems to have even further carried me away from becoming too attached to this 'physical' world which I believe to be an illusion for lack of a better word.

The I Ching replied:

49. Ko / Revolution (Molting) [4 and 9 make yet another appearance]

Here are some quotes from Wilhelm's translation that really resonated with me:

Quote:
THE IMAGE

Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION.
Thus the superior man
Sets the calendar in order
And makes the seasons clear.

Fire below and the lake above combat and destroy each other. So too in the
course of the year a combat takes place between the forces of light and the
forces of darkness, eventuating in the revolution of the seasons, and man is
able to adjust himself in advance to the demands of the different times.

Quote:
Nine in the fourth place means: [Again]
Remorse disappears. Men believe him.
Changing the form of government brings good fortune.

Radical changes require adequate authority. A man must have inner strength
as well as influential position. What he does must correspond with a higher
truth and must not spring from arbitrary or petty motives; then it brings great
good fortune. If a revolution is not founded on such inner truth, the results
are bad, and it has no success. For in the end men will support only those
undertakings which they feel instinctively to be just.

Nine in the fifth place means:
The great man changes like a tiger.
Even before he questions the oracle
He is believed.

A tigerskin, with its highly visible black stripes on a yellow ground, shows its
distinct pattern from afar. It is the same with a revolution brought about by a
great man: large, clear guiding lines become visible, understandable to
everyone. Therefore he need not first consult the oracle, for he wins the
spontaneous support of the people.

The tiger is an animal that I've often thought of simply by looking in the mirror. I suppose this could be said to be my Power Animal.

Whoa. I just looked up the Tiger as a symbolic Power Animal:

Quote:
As the lion symbolizes the sun, so the tiger symbolizes both the new and the full moon. This symbolic connection is partially based on tigers' habit of hunting at night and on both the black and gold coloring of the Bengal tiger and the moonlike hue of the Siberian.

In the lines, "Tyger, tyger, burning bright/In the forests of the night," the mystical poet, William Blake, connects both of these ideas and leads us to a deeper meaning for Tiger. Night itself often symbolizes silence, a time of drawing inward. In sleep, we detach from the physical world and travel, through our dreams closer to the essence of our eternal, spiritual selves.

The tiger, a solitary, silent hunter who stalks, rather than chases its prey, represents our quest for the silent peace of the soul. It symbolizes removing all distractions from the mind and being purely focused on the present moment.

This silence does not mean an absence of sensation. Sensuous Tiger reminds us that in the quieting of the mind, we become more deeply aware of both our own unique vibrations and their source in universal energy. In experiencing our energetic flow, we can discern where we are blocked and use vibrational healing tools to release blockages.

The full moon is a strong symbol for me, as you may have noticed from posts in the UFO forum.

I will meditate on this reading before giving further personal interpretation.

Michael

EDIT: This post was created at 4:27 my time... 4:9... :shock:

I just realized in the shower that my birthday 12/30 can be used to derive 12/3=4 and 12-3=9. I don't know if that's taking it too far or if there is even such a thing as taking it to far.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:27 am

michael, notice the tiger in the title of this healing book/"method"

http://berniesoon.tripod.com/id13.html

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:51 pm

I felt very compelled to get this book, so I did. Thank you for bring it up, Tom.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:59 am

Post De-Realization/Personalization
After I made my move out west, I began noticing I would sometimes feel like I am not connected to my body--as if I were watching a movie from a first-person perspective. Going on the antidepressants helped eliminate it, but I am coming off them now and am starting to notice this feeling again at points. It mostly occurs when I 'check in' to see if I am experiencing this depersonalization.

I don't understand why I have this. A lot of things have changed during/as a result of my personal transformation, so I don't know if this could be an effect of doing drugs or what. I smoked marijuana for about a year and never experienced this feeling. Could it be a result of not continuing to use it?

Another thought I had was that it could have been triggered by trauma I had while the way I interact with the world began to change... a la talking with the universe.

The same time I began having these changes in perception, I noticed a slight pain or cramp in my right foot. At points when I would experience this depersonalization, I would feel it shoot up my leg. I got acupuncture the other day--a 6 inch needle about 3/4 of the way in my leg. When the lady asked a colleague for advice, he pointed out that the region in which I have the pain in my foot is L5, which is directly connected to the stomach organ, so I thought that was interesting. (Different points relate to different organs)

The pain went away totally on the anti-depressants, but now it has returned. I figure I better get rid of the cause instead of the symptom. I'm just not sure what to do, what this is a result of or what...

Confused,
Michael

Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:44 am

When I read your post, it reminded me of your past association to the image of BO "falling away" where you saw a man being carved by a woman. After your association, I could also see a man whose leg was falling away, a king with one leg, that marries the queen in the 2nd part of opus in Hermetic alchemy. I hope you stay in good touch with your psychiatrist or physician as you slowly taper off the meds. It is important to do this getting off of meds slowly... It also appears that you could be in a good place for you to observe your symptoms transform, as in BCI. However, I think sometimes it would be advisable that you do this with someone, if possible. Perhaps Remo could tell you more about when it is not advisable for one to do BCI... It seems you have tried BCI many times though. Not sure how much this helps.

Wish you well,

Sang

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:13 am

Hmmm, I don't think it was me who posted that association, but it must mean something that you posted that here.

I'm not really familiar with the whole BCI process at all. But you're probably right.

Waking the Tiger talks about using felt sensation to navigate the healing process of trauma. I have a feeling this is what I have to do only on some different plane, perhaps utilizing BCI as well.

I don't have a shrink, so I'm not sure how to start...

Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:03 am
Founder

Post Re: De-Realization/Personalization
Michael wrote:
The same time I began having these changes in perception, I noticed a slight pain or cramp in my right foot. At points when I would experience this depersonalization, I would feel it shoot up my leg. I got acupuncture the other day--a 6 inch needle about 3/4 of the way in my leg. When the lady asked a colleague for advice, he pointed out that the region in which I have the pain in my foot is L5, which is directly connected to the stomach organ, so I thought that was interesting. (Different points relate to different organs)

Michael

Since "L5 is directly connected to the stomach organ," I would try to "transport" your leg into the stomach region. Just lie down, close your eyes and look then what happens in your belly. Nothing else.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:19 am
Profile WWW

I lied on my stomach, and I saw myself from above being encompassed by a hemisphere of light, radiating from my stomach region, like an atomic bomb is what came to belly.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:50 am

Post Anti A-bomb?
Here is your comment Michael:

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#1638

Peace, Sang

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:44 pm

Post Egg
I see a diamond encrusted egg. A parrot sits perched on top of it; attempts to carry it away, but it's too heavy; attempts to bite it open, but it's too hard. It flies away. A phoenix bird flies to the egg letting it pass through its body of fire. The contents of the egg are scrambled and destroyed, the diamond encrusted shell collapses in on itself.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:25 am

Well, I've noticed I haven't had any problems with the depersonalization/derealization for a while now. Interesting. I'm happy! Those are some of the most uncomfortable feelings I could imagine encountering.

Do a dance. :D

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:43 pm

Wow, sounds like you have a successful contact! Cool!
It is good to hear that you are happy, Michael. Hope you treasure the feeling! :D

Peace, Sang

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:13 pm

Post Love
dear Michael, Sang, All:

Here is some Love - spread it around ! John Lennon said, " you can radiate everything you are" - so, just for today (every day!) do 'no-thing', just BE -

....holding hands across time/space, & away, into the Beyond....

Kristin

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:55 pm

Post Doot Doot!
:D

Love to everyone!

And a happy Day out of Time to everyone, too! Or as I like to call it D.o.o.T!

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]