UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am

[ 5 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 somatic experiencing 

Post somatic experiencing
had not heard of this before

http://berniesoon.tripod.com/id13.html

wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic_Experiencing

note the mention of the autononic nervous system

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Post release
Tom

That's great - thanks for the links! I can think of a few other body-focused therapies which also look for the same outcome - the release of the deep stress. When some come to mind I'll post them here. So interesting that the adrenally charged world often doesn't even KNOW that these treatments are available -I imagine that these therapies help people as does the B.C.I., although they seem to require more involvement by a facilitator than does B.C.I.. Nevertheless some of these therapies may bring on a deeper (read: physical) understanding, leading to the possibility of getting in touch with the lost 'feeling' level of life again.

This new thread seems to go very well with the thread under the title "UFO'S AND RADIOACTIVITY" regarding 'Fear and/or Acceptance'....

Kristin

Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:29 pm

http://www.traumahealing.com/art_Chapter1.html

immobility or freezing response = playing possum

Also I associate medical reports of heart failure/death due to shock/grief,for example:

A Broken Heart
[Images In Cardiovascular Medicine]
Brandspiegel, Haim Z. MD; Marinchak, Roger A. MD; Rials, Seth J. MD, PhD; Kowey, Peter R. MD

From the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Lankenau Hospital and Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, Pa, and Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pa.
Correspondence to Peter R. Kowey, MD, Lankenau Medical Office Building East, 100 Lancaster Ave, Ste 556, Wynnewood, PA 19096.
The editor of Images in Cardiovascular Medicine is Hugh A. McAllister, Jr, MD, Chief, Department of Pathology, St Luke's Episcopal Hospital and Texas Heart Institute, and Clinical Professor of Pathology, University of Texas Medical School and Baylor College of Medicine.
Circulation encourages readers to submit cardiovascular images to Dr Hugh A. McAllister, Jr, St Luke's Episcopal Hospital and Texas Heart Institute, 6720 Bertner Ave, MC1-267, Houston, TX 77030.
(Circulation. 1998;98:1349.).
A 70-year-old woman with no past cardiac history was admitted for near collapse and chest discomfort that occurred when she was informed that her husband of 45 years had died in our hospital of congestive heart failure and refractory ventricular arrhythmias. The ECG revealed minor anterior ST-segment elevations and inferolateral ST-segment depressions, which resolved after intravenous nitroglycerin was administered. Cardiac enzymes were minimally but definitely elevated.

The patient underwent cardiac catheterization, which revealed normal coronary arteries. The left ventriculogram showed anterolateral akinesis and apical hypokinesis, as depicted in Figure 1. The patient was discharged on aspirin and amlodipine. An echocardiogram repeated 3 months later was normal. She has no memory of the entire hospitalization but continues to grieve for her husband.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:46 pm

How did you come across this somatic experiencing subject/Waking the Tiger?

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:53 pm

I am still on some sort of listsev for the old Jung page. Someone posted there saying they did somatic experiencing/studied with Levine.

I did a search on somatic experiencing and levine on google and I got the hit on the book "Waking the Tiger"

Why a Tiger instead of a snake (kundalini) ?

Here is another broken heart abstract:
broken heart syndrome or Takotsubo cardiomyopathy

Authors Arora S. Alfayoumi F. Srinivasan V.

Authors Full Name Arora, Sandeep. Alfayoumi, Fadi. Srinivasan, Venkatraman.

Institution Department of Internal Medicine, Western Pennsylvania Hospital/Temple University Program, 4800 Friendship Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA. sandeeparora24@hotmail.com

Title Transient left ventricular apical ballooning after cocaine use: is catecholamine cardiotoxicity the pathologic link?.

Source Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 81(6):829-32, 2006 Jun.

NLM Journal Name Mayo Clinic proceedings. Mayo Clinic.

Abstract We describe a patient who developed acute chest pain after using cocaine and had ST-segment elevation in the anterior leads on electrocardiography with mild elevation of cardiac enzymes. Cardiac catheterization showed normal coronary arteries with no coronary vasospasm. Left ventricular angiography revealed typical ballooning of the left ventricular apex during systole with an estimated left ventricular ejection fraction of 25%. The symptoms improved during the next few hours, and follow-up echocardiography 4 days later showed complete resolution of the left ventricular dysfunction. Transient left ventricular apical ballooning (LVAB) was diagnosed. To our knowledge, LVAB (also known as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy or "broken heart syndrome") has not been reported previously in association with cocaine use. We discuss the possible pathophysiologic link between LVAB and cocaine-induced cardiotoxicity.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]