UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 pm

[ 32 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Doing BCI with the introverted corporeal sensation 
Founder

Post Doing BCI with the introverted corporeal sensation
An alternative way of doing BCI (to its application to symptoms = physical pains) consists in the following: The introverted feeling function relates to what I call the introverted corporeal sensation function. This is the realization of “living the inner fool” in the state of the Eros ego.

Let me explain this:

The introverted corporeal sensation function is completely different from Carl Jung’s introverted sensation function (see Psychological Types). The latter is, as well as the extraverted sensation function, related to the five senses. This means that both are directed to the outside. Only the way how one experiences these sensations is different: The extraverted sensation is in a rational way directly related to the outer objects. It sensates for example a tennis ball just as a tennis ball. The introverted sensation is however related to an “imagination function,” which has the effect that the outer objects get a threatening dimension. The tennis ball becomes a big medicine ball. The ego has to defend and protect itself and disappears into the the loneliness, in which the (outer) sensations are not so overwhelming, e.g., the desert.

The introverted corporeal sensation function, however, deals with very subtle introverted sensations which are connected with the introverted feelings. For example my longing for some other human (psychic pain = introverted feeling) is connected to a very characteristic sensation in my belly. After the realization of such a corporeal sensation (a characteristic pull in my upper belly), I can do BCI with this sensation: I go down into my belly and have a look what my “ghosthands” would like to do with it. Or perhaps the other way round: The corporeal sensation tells my “ghosthands” what they should do with it. The ghosthands do it (for example a “counter-pull” which extends the pain into a circle around the whole belly). Then mostly something unexpected happens, and the corporeal sensation transforms into an inner image the contents of which I can never anticipate. This is what I call the “inner quantum leap.”

Quote:
See my first "new BCI" I explained in another place:

I experienced this process lately. I suffered a lovesickness -- yes, also in my age such things happen ... I asked myself how it expressed in my body. I felt a pain in or near the manipura chakra (it is the characteristic pain that belongs to lovesickness in my case). I took the "ghosthands" and "treated" it. The pain said that my ghosthands should give it a massage. Finally they spread the pain over the whole region of the upper belly. The pain disappeared, as well as the lovesickness.

But then something very surprising happened: I experienced corporeally that I possess a huge vagina. It reached from the solarplexus down to the end of my belly, to the first chakra. It was all real, belonging physically to my body. I was in possession of a vagina. A very strange sensation for a man, I can tell you.

And then I felt immediately that it is the vagina of the World Soul. Further, I intensely felt united with one specific race of humans in this world. I felt that I was in the unus mundus.

Out of the vagina/unus mundus came then "the ghost." It was he who gave me the feeling and the corporeal sensation of being unified with more than a billion humans of this world.

Many, many years ago, in 1973, during my big life crisis, I (better: it) painted this healing ghost (of the fairy tale The Ghost out of the Bottle) in an automatic painting:

I felt what Carl Jung expressed in the following manner:

Quote:
“So far as I can grasp the nature of the collective unconscious [unus mundus; RFR], it seems to me like an omnipresent continuum, an unextended Everywhere. That is to say, when something happens here at point A which touches upon or affects the collective unconscious [unus mundus; RFR], it has happened everywhere.“ [Letters, vol. 1, p. 58]

and

Quote:
At times I feel as if I am spread out over the landscape and inside things, and am myself living in every tree, in the splashing of the waves, in the clouds asnd the animals that come and go, in the procession of the seasons.[MDR, p. 252]

Remo

PS: And this is perhaps a synchronicity: Today I realized that I am born exactly 450 years after Paracelsus. He was born on Nov 11, 1493 (see http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracelsus )

See also http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... s+cast#442 and
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... s+cast#890 and
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... +cast#1879 and
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... +cast#1885 and
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... +cast#2057

This process I describe in a neutral language as the transformation

{spirit-psyche (the introvertedly sensed corporeal sensation in the belly) -> matter-psyche with potentially increased negentropy (the image)}

This corresponds to the observational process of quantum physics, in which reality is created.

The second process, the incarnation, consists in the second of the twin process:
{matter-psyche with potentially increased negentropy (image) -> spirit-psyche with incarnated (realized) increased negentropy}

This process seems to be the creation of “psychophysical buckyballs,” the subtle body, the latter being spirit-psyche (physical energy) containing higher order, increased negentropy, i.e., the healing “life essence.” The effect of this “life essence” can be observed as a deep feeling of bliss and further as a connectedness to the space- and timeless “realm,” the unus mundus.

I further realized like this how BCI can also be applied to such feelings, and not “only” to bodily symptoms, as for example a pain (the symptom). This seems to me to be an important and decisive extension of BCI.

Once again, this is “living the inner fool.”

Any comments?

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Illumination
I feel more and more that I unconsciously developed this sort of BCI in the cast in Davos !!! I realize that like this I overcame my deep sadness (In the aftermath I had never the feeling that I was sad in Davos; Psychologists told me that I repress this feeling, but this is not true, as I realize now) and homesickness. This is why I have such positive memories of this time. It was the initiation into my discovery of BCI with sadness, homesickness and lovesickness -- and all so-called negative feelings.

What an illumination !!!

This is a real revolution in my life. And I share it with you in public -- another revolution for such an introverted human as I am.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The Breakthrough
Further I understand more and more my feeling/intuition that Freud's/Jung's way of becoming conscious of traumatas, the Neoplatonic way of transforming evil into good insights, is sometimes completely wrong. The alternative is the Hermetic transformation or even transmutation of these feelings/bodily sensations during the process of BCI. The latter happens (as much as I understand up until today) in the 2nd chakra svadhisthana, where the point A becomes identical with (at least a part of) the world, and once perhaps with the whole universe -- the solution of Carl Jung's point A supposition.

A real breakthrough !

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Thanks
And thank you all -- especially Hon Miao, Kristin and Eduard and in fact everyone who actively participated in the UM forum -- for backing me in my research. I realized during the last month that only when I can share these experiences with some people I can really experience a progress.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

This morning surely as a result of my posts of yesterday I dreamed a dream in which my father gave me two checks: One of 10'000 the other of 11'000 SFR or Euros. No, it was in $, since I calculated their worth in SFR (times 1.20). Psychologically we interpret getting money as getting more objective psychic energy, which seems in my case that I get more energy for going on with my creative work. Actually, the latter is the attempt to solve the problem of the Grail King.

Since I'm thinking energetically (as physics does), I conclude that also my father got something in the Beyond. My father suffered the same problem as I do -- the problem of the Grail King. He was not able to solve this problem, but I am sure that my work in this life helps him to solve his unsolved problem in the Beyond.

A belief, yes, but many dreams showed me that this ideas is right.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:33 am
Profile WWW

Post Lucky
Hey Remo,

Share the wealth! :wink:

Can you briefly tell me what the "problem of the Grail King" is?

Excuse my ignorance.

Cheers,
Michael

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Post emotional healing and the return to balance
Remo (All !):

Upon reading your interesting new observation, above, concerning the idea of performing the BCI in order to 'heal' emotional issues (no longer just to heal only physical pain and various physical illnesses), I was very encouraged. It would be a great accomplishment indeed if we could find a way to heal emotional suffering at its' root through such wu wei practice. I am not at all surprised that this is a possibility, but it is enlightening to imagine what an outcome this practice might truly have on larger groups of people if it were understood and thoughtfully, consistently applied. This very idea could create a real evolution in humankind now.

Some thoughts that came up for me on this topic:

Performing the BCI, which consists of surrendering trauma or difficulty down into the 'belly' to be soothed and healed, might have the same healing effect for Westerners as regular 'mindfulness' meditation practice has always had for Eastern practionners, Hindus, Buddhists and so on. The method of eastern style meditation most commonly practiced and known in the West, concentrates on the 'head' generally, and on the idea that we should allow the release of our thoughts and just watch the in and out breath while sitting very still and upright. The idea is that this practice will eventually create 'space' in the state of 'being', where we are now no longer lead by our restless minds/emotions, but are able to simply watch our thoughts and feelings, detach and watch them, simply observing ourselves and gaining composure from our centering, thus learning groundedness. Perhaps as westerners we might instead now find that an emphasis on centering within the body instead of on finding a meditative space 'in the head' -!- could be the secret key to all our troubles. There is a sense here you see that if you tell a really logos-obsessed Westerner (or any other human being similarly possessed) that they should simply pay attention to how their thoughts 'come and go' and just sit still and 'meditate' on 'no-thing', these people will simply find themselves paying extra attention to their thoughts/heads and become more and more agitated, eventually giving up the practice altogether. Some people who are really ruled by their minds to the exclusion of all else, DO eventually break through to freedom through this form of meditational practice, but my thought here is that a BODY centered meditational practice, where a person first of all LIES DOWN and then only observes their inner 'belly' area (the cauldron of the wu wei) instead, without any judgement or particular thought, might find a much quicker opportunity for breakthrough! (n.b. there are also many ancient eastern meditation practices which center on the body, but they seem to be the least practised now and to have even been completely repressed at some time in western history, doubtless around the time when the 'body' in general, especially the body of a woman, was labelled to be the place of all sin, thus such methods are found now only in very alternative practices. The western new age 'healer' communities attempt to bring such natural practices back in their own way now, from what I can tell - a good sign...Midwives and such always practiced such 'body centered' healing as the laying on of hands etc...)

Big question: how exactly DO we establish a new environmentally sound, healthy and whole era here on Earth? How do we put an end to the craziness, the killing, the destruction? Well, if we truly wish for the outside, for the surface of the earth, to be wholesome, fertile and beautiful again, we must surely find a way to show people how to create such a thing first on the inside , to create an INSIDE that is wholesome and beautiful -- in short, we might help others to find their 'intergration' from within first, which would return to them a sense of the 'love' that they are not finding anymore on the outside. This discussion gets into some very tricky territory, of course, and it's beyond the scope of this post to try and express it all here, but this all has something to do with the essential Self that has been repressed within, with Source, with Eros, 'God/dess', with the wellspring within each of us which we mistakenly believe has been lost to us forever just because we can no longer see it on the outside anymore ! We can't SEE that the world could be a different, healthier, balanced, fair place in short because we can't FEEL that the world could ever again be such a place! Thus we have come into a collective mentality that is described in the thread concerning 'George Bush' and friends -- it is the place of 'sociopathology', where the emotions are simply unable to function properly anymore. Empathy is not only repressed, it appears to be absent. We continue to rely on outside rules (those put in place by despots, robber barons and popes) in order to infuse us with a sense of guilt, to lend us a 'conscience' [I am borrowing here from the discussion on that same 'Bush' thread between Chris and Remo] so that we can be induced to still 'feel' something for the plight of others. We are utterly worn down by this corrupt system. Now there remains only apathy. Almost no one takes to the streets to protest anymore because they can barely feel anything for/about themselves anymore let alone for/about anyone/thing else. That is because REAL 'rules' need to come from WITHIN - we require the understanding that comes from getting in touch with our compassion, which is only gifted to us through the lifeforce within. We cannot see the capacity of applying our own lifeforce, our inspiration, anymore because we cannot FEEL it inside of ourselves anymore. The outside world presents us with no workable models anymore for real salvation -- and we long ago became inured to them all anyway. Yes, such a discussion gets in to the territory of manifesto, where once again some idealism is expressed! -- There is indeed the possibility of a real revolution in all of this, what goes on here with the idea on the forum here and elsewhere... I really see that, taking from what Remo relates here, we have to start all over again, but this time from the inside. It seems this is the whole function of the UM forum from my perspective -- to draw attention to the secret revolution. I fall short here, I hope, of sounding like a crazed priestess (or perhaps this is the best idea now after all!)!

Out of all of this it is only crazily clear to me that our innner emotions must be brought to 'flow' again. If we can bring the 'body' back into the equation of life, we will find healing. The BCI method of healing the emotions would be the key here. Certainly Reiki and other hands on healers, such as practionners of Trager, and so on, are already well aware of this effect. The body is connected to the acausal and the acausal aspect can heal, spontaneously, as Remo shows -!- but only if the 'mind' is first 'lost'! (maybe why that hit N. American t.v. program "LOST" is so important to viewers these days - it definately picks away at something that has remained unconscious for too long...).

At any rate, it is true that whenever people feel uncomfortable inside emotionally, they invariably go right back up into their heads, frantically searching for a way to get rid of the bad feeling -- whether it be lovesickness, loneliness in general, sadness or disappointment, despair, anything, people immediately seek a strategy to dominate the emotion, to 'act' it out and away.. Because of this we have all manner of addictions in this world. We seek to escape our heartbreak at every turn, but never to 'enter' into a convenant with it to see what it might 'say'... Herein lies the answer. We must 'enter' our heartbreak, and the body is the correct location for this enterprise. Once we effectively enter into the 'heart/gut brain', we then find a sort of quiet rhythmic location emerging. We can once again sense what real 'patience' must be like, we feel like we did last while summer lying on a warm rock hearing the quiet lapping of the lake. We become like an animal, accepting, rolling along with the vibrations of the earth plane for awhile...bliss...

This post becomes far too long, but in closing I would say that maybe the BCI, such surrender, is much like the phrase from the texts that say, "Surrender up your feelings, all of your concerns, to God -- let them go and trust they will be healed in their own time..". In truth, it seems that entering the temple of the body puts one back in touch with Source, which of course lies within, since space and time are one thing, outer space and inner space are one. The ancient texts said that 'heaven is within', and we can regain a sense of how things should be on the outside, in the external landscape, if we can find the place of stability again on the inside. The BCI method seems to have a sort of 'seratonin' effect, seems to create self-trust, to rebuild self-worth (and with this dismantle ego inflammation, only rampant after all as defense to hide the inner emptiness..) I think our apathy springs from the inner lack of heaven. Maybe the BCI brings about a deep cellular healing that no instruments can measure -- it may even effect the DNA for all we know. At any rate, it seems an essential 'split' is healed through consistent meditative body 'work' such as this, which cannot be explained away. Physical illness is related to the stress of emotional disappointment. Can we heal the emotions in this way? How advanced or conversely simple exactly is this practice (it is pretty simple, but to get there takes a little time...)? Can it be taught? Maybe it is something which can be helpful in the days to come. The acceptance of the inherant worth and efficacy of Body Centered healing practices is however inextricably linked to the possibility of redressing the lost balance we contend with here on earth at this momentous time, however much we might fear to admit we have such a dream anymore.

Kristin

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:08 am
Founder

Post Re: Lucky
Michael wrote:
Can you briefly tell me what the "problem of the Grail King" is?

Michael

I described the problem of the Grail King briefly in the essay above, section 5. 16 of my ms The Holy Wedding:

Quote:
The new element Carl Jung introduces here with this image is the fact that it is the lance of Longinus, which is the catalyst of the unio corporalis. This lance attacks the (Logos) consciousness with the “coup douloureux”, the “grievous blow” of the Grail legend, if it stays unconscious about the deeper meaning of Melosina. Since she lives also in the human blood , we can interpret this motif on a deeper level in the way that she relieves herself, which shows in the case of an unconsciousness about this fact however as such a “coup douloureux” against the ego. Psychologically we can interpret such a lance's thrust as a “spontaneously emerging impulse,” which, “when the consciousness is incapable either of grasping or knowingly integrating [it]”, “will instead be unconsciously possessed by it.” If we accept further that the Grail king’s wound in the region of the hips indicates an injury to the King’s sexuality,” we are back to Carl Jung’s spontaneous erotic impulses concerning Sabina Spielrein (1908), Maria Moltzer (1910) and Toni Wolff (1914) after he had fathered his last three children. We have seen that behind these impulses was the archetypal motif of the “illegitime child”, which I interpreted as the conscious acceptance of the observation of the singular acausal quantum leap. Thus, also the archetypal motif of the lance piercing in the wound of the Anthropos, the God-man, seems to be an archaic and symbolic expression of the necessity of the observation of such singular inner quantum leaps. Such an observation could therefore on the one hand be the way out of the deeply constellated sexual problem of our time, on the other however the modern solution of the problem of the unio corporalis at the beginning of the 21st century. Such a solution is however not possible on the basis of a Neoplatonic worldview [on which today's science is based]. Therefore, as also Wolfgang Pauli demanded, we have on a higher scientific level to return to the Hermetic alchemical worldview to solve the problem.

I'd like to explain this a little more in a common language: Because of its stressing of the Logos -- "At the beginning was the Logos;" like this the Gospel of John begins --Christianity has split off the instincts and thus the relationship with the body. Most repressed was the sexual drive. This is what the Grail legend tells us in a symbolic language. This is the wound of the Grail King. Also repressed are all the feelings and emotions, not only the ones related to sexuality, but all. This explains, as Kristin writes in her enlightening essay above -- thank you so much, Kristin -- the incredible apathy with which we plunge into the misery of WW III. Further I described in the post http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#3707 how such a failed quest for the Grail shows in George W. Bush.

Instead of Bush's wrong and dangerous crusade we must begin to restore our repressed feelings. In the Grail legend it is the lance held or pierced into the wound of the Grail King, which heals. I translate this motif with doing BCI about repressed feelings which mostly show as strange sensations in the belly (or other pains and psychosomatic disease). An example of how I do this personally you can find above ( http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#3731 ).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post What a Great Essay!
Kristin

What a great essay you wrote! It is just illuminating. It gave me also an idea about what your role is in the UM forum: If I am the empirical BCIist, you are the philosophical BCIist.

I never saw the difference between Yoga and BCI so clear. Yes, it is a big difference, since Yoga and especially also so-called neo-Tantrism always go the way up, and not down into the belly. I would further say that in BCI though one "represses" the thoughts, one lets however live the images, since they seem to be what I call in a theoretical language the singular acausal quantum leap we have to observe.

I began also to better understand what happens in the US -- the apathy. Horrible. It seems there (as also in Europe) there are only living deads. I feel this also here, especially in Zurich. In the tram people are so apathetic. Sometimes I try to wake them up when I react on something with my true feelings. And every time I see (and people tell me) how grateful they are for my behaviour.

Some weeks ago I met a very old lady -- I guess she was a Jew -- in the tram, and I helped her get out of it. Then she said thanks to me, and I answered: "Oh, madam, if someone looks so happy and thus beautiful in your age, I have to do what I can for you." The tram awoke of its apathy ...

Your description of the "heading process" is just perfect. It is exactly this flight to above which is the big problem. Psychoanalysis does not help here, since it even increases this process. This is why all these psychoanalysts look so petrified :twisted:

If they knew that with BCI on all these so-called negative feelings and corporeal sensations one enters sometimes a state of bliss, they would forget all their nice words and interpretations. However, they do the contrary and tell me that they do science and I am a mystic :D

Yes, of course I am a (modern) mystic, and only if as much humans as possible enter this state our world will prevent WW III.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: emotional healing and the return to balance
kristin wrote:
Remo (All !):

Upon reading your interesting new observation, above, concerning the idea of performing the BCI in order to 'heal' emotional issues (no longer just to heal only physical pain and various physical illnesses), I was very encouraged. It would be a great accomplishment indeed if we could find a way to heal emotional suffering at its' root through such wu wei practice. I am not at all surprised that this is a possibility, but it is enlightening to imagine what an outcome this practice might truly have on larger groups of people if it were understood and thoughtfully, consistently applied. This very idea could create a real evolution in humankind now.

Kristin

I am certainly an idiot.

I have never considered that healing separated body and feeling issues. As far as I have seen yet healing acts at all level, simply because as I wrote a few times healing is a side-effect of energy circulation. Further I cannot really separate body troubles from emotional dysfunctions. Body troubles to me are symptoms into matter of the overall unbalanced attitude of the concerned individual.
Not more than I can consider that individuation is only a {spirit-psyche} process, can I feel healing as only related to body problems.

I guess that from that on we really evolve at the psychophysical level. In healing as I know of it the twin process is fully activated/present and thus opens a possibilty to an overall 'cleaning' of the individual.

Further, I am also convinced that, as healing is a side effect of a sort of common opening to the Eros world at the moment of the 'séance' then if possibly a 'quantum leap' happens then the whole universe is affected. For once again, healing is not an effect we produce, but the side effect of unwilled/uncontrolled energy circulation between the two worlds, or rather 'from out of the unus mundus'.

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:15 am
Profile Personal album
Site Admin

Roger Faglin wrote:

I am certainly an idiot.

Roger

Yes... All this has made me realise that maybe I should post more and try to explain out and link my experience to Remo's work.

Just a little work indeed...

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 am
Profile Personal album

I wish I had you as one of my philosophy professors! Your attitude definitely resonates strongly with my own. You certainly have a gift for putting difficult things to express aptly into words. Thank you.

Quote:
There is indeed the possibility of a real revolution in all of this, what goes on here with the idea on the forum here and elsewhere... I really see that, taking from what Remo relates here, we have to start all over again, but this time from the inside. It seems this is the whole function of the UM forum from my perspective -- to draw attention to the secret revolution. I fall short here, I hope, of sounding like a crazed priestess (or perhaps this is the best idea now after all!)!

I have definitely felt the urge to revolt in my life, but then again I suppose many have. The fact that so many people in our generations have felt this burning inside them must mean one is necessary--and inevitable once the water really begins to boil. Indeed, exactly what steps are to be taken to spark this revolution?

The only truly crazed people on this planet our the majority of its leaders... you are in good company. :)

What we can do (what we have already begun) is to find peace within ourselves and radiate it outwards. I once saw a bumper sticker that tersely explained this philosophy;
Begin Within.

Remo,

When one demonstrates such an act as you...

Quote:
Some weeks ago I met a very old lady -- I guess she was a Jew -- in the tram, and I helped her get out of it. Then she said thanks to me, and I answered: "Oh, madam, if someone looks so happy and thus beautiful in your age, I have to do what I can for you." The tram awoke of its apathy ...

... People will notice and some are likely to be encouraged to perform good deeds as well. This is one way I guess the (non-destructive) revolution can take place.

I am well aware of the apathy infesting the world, especially here in the states. Hell, I succumbed to anti-depressants last year. Though, not the high dose many people 'require' that turns them into zombies, I definitely felt held back. Nothing against these drugs, because I was in a state in which I needed my anxiety level to remain low or else I would feel detached from reality as if I were in a constant state of dreaming (not the Eros consciousness by a long shot). Growing up, my parents were taking anti-depressants. I saw how it changed them. I was angry that they had to rely on a pill that creates an artificial 'happiness' as far as I was concerned. My brother is still on them, but he has bigger fish to fry. Without enforcing or imposing my will on others, however, I can only work on myself and hope the world will change along with 'me'.

There does not need to be a World War Three.

Michael

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:39 am
Founder

The fact that so many people in our generations have felt this burning inside them must mean one is necessary--and inevitable once the water really begins to boil. Indeed, exactly what steps are to be taken to spark this revolution?

Do they really feel this burning? Why do they not protest then? I guess Kristin is right with the idea that most (also the young) people are apathetic, since they repress their feelings -- have to repress them in this cruel world.

However, as much as I see, the unconscious pain becomes bigger and bigger. Mostly such repressed pains lead into psychosomatic or even somatic diseases, as for example a heart attack. Then the time would be right to enter a BCI (or any other method which brings the energy from the head down into the belly; this is the only criterion for me).

Thus, one can conclude that IN STERCORE INVENITUR, in the dirt we will find the gold, like the old Hermetic alchemists. :D

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Founder

... People will notice and some are likely to be encouraged to perform good deeds as well. This is one way I guess the (non-destructive) revolution can take place.

Michael

I do not only do "good deeds." This would be too onesided Christian (which is the big problem, since the shadow of such an attitude is cruelty -- see your leader Chief Litte Tree).

I also show my negative feelings. For example once a drunk woman (with two children!) was in the tram and mobbed some passengers. They all let it happen, did not say one word (but were of course unconsciously hurt and have a headake or other psychosomatic trouble the next day). I told her to shut up, but she didn't. I went to the driver and he called the police. The next stop the drunk woman went out. Many old women thanked me for my intervention.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Founder

There does not need to be a World War Three.

Which reasons do you have for this statement?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 am
Profile WWW

Michael wrote:

Michael

I do not only do "good deeds." This would be too onesided Christian (which is the big problem, since the shadow of such an attitude is cruelty -- see your leader Chief Litte Tree).

I also show my negative feelings. For example once a drunk woman (with two children!) was in the tram and mobbed some passengers. They all let it happen, did not say one word (but were of course unconsciously hurt and have a headake or other psychosomatic trouble the next day). I told her to shut up, but she didn't. I went to the driver and he called the police. The next stop the drunk woman went out. Many old women thanked me for my intervention.

Remo

Isn't that a good deed as well? It worked out for the greater good. But, I see your point. Not all good deeds come from a positive attitude.

I don't have any good (concrete) reasons to believe that WWIII won't happen. I know that's the way it looks to be heading, especially with the latest news concerning Iran. I'm saying there doesn't have to be another world war before more people start waking up from their apathetic states.

Would you recommend we go out and protest on campus? No one listens, especially to youth.

Michael

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:08 am

Eduard

Last edited by Eduard Klarer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:54 am
Founder

Would you recommend we go out and protest on campus? No one listens, especially to youth.

Michael

But this is exactly the apathy and the negativism of today ... If half of the American people would protest in the street, as the legislative of a democratic country the congress and the senate had to decide against Chief Little Tree -- and would perhaps begin with an impeachment.

We here in Europe cannot understand why against Clinton they began an impeachment process, but do not against Bush. Everyone knows that politicians are power-possessed. And sex and power and aggression belong together, as long as we cannot separate them with the help of introverted imaginations.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:03 pm
Profile WWW

What would you do if you were in my shoes, Remo?

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 pm
Site Admin

Michael,

Remo will certainly reply, but I'd like to tell you what I am doing.
At the moment France is at the beginning of the presidential campain.
Our system is somewhat different from yours: no primaries and more than two candidates. But even then a strong tendancy to bipolarity has developped.
So the choice will most certainly be at the second round of the election between a socialist woman (mild left) and someone who looks very much like Bush. He is the present ministry in charge of the police and home affairs. His brother is directly linked with international business and finance. Democracy is just a usefull way for him.
This guy is obviously (to me at least) ill. He is also quite close to Bush.
So I just tell everybody who can be interested what I think/feel and possibly go on strike. Bust most of all I link with the World Soul...

Best

Roger

I Ching #50

Last edited by Roger Faglin on Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:28 pm
Profile Personal album

Post The Abyss
Remo, All -

Certainly there is a growing sense of frustration and helplessness as events keep moving the world towards the inevitable abyss.

Our times remind me of a comment Jung made when Europe was heading for WW II - when he said something like, "Everybody wants peace and yet no one is able to prevent the slide towards war."

For myself I intend to stay quiet and very introverted. No marching in the streets for me. Our situation is way beyond engaging in public protest to try turn it around - my take on things.

Gregory

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:29 pm

Post Being = Revolution
Yes Gregory, I feel that way it too. When I addressed the concept of 'apathy' above I did not mean to suggest that we can find an opposite and thus an answer to apathy in 'action', in an 'activity' of some kind. It is definately the curse of a logos driven world, of a solely causal attitude, to believe that in life one is either lazy or active - that there exists nothing at all between these two states. Again, the metaphor of a 'split' is emphasized. We have grown up under the power of an awful dichotomy, in a world where the paradigm of the 'extroverted thinker' has become king. The terrible weight of this worldview grows heavier and heavier and with it our our hearts sink, further and further.

A logos run world will always work its' way toward 'War', whether it be literal or figurative (cold war!), because this is the only way that the awful intensity of the burden of a purely causal viewpoint can find relief. A paradigm of duality exacts a heavy toll. In this particular worldview, 'war' seems, for a minute, to take the pain (the inner emptiness) away, and this seems to ressemble 'peace'. But real peace is not found with an instant fix, like the relief we feel when we have just 'killed the bad guy'. This is the classical 'frontier' mentality, bound always to result in yet another quiet build-up toward war again. Relief is never found within this model. 'Peace' then becomes only something to worship, not something TO BE LIVED, to be responsible for or committed to! It reminds me of the lack of respect that this system has for the body itself. The body of the woman was denigrated by the church, by the authorities, in a bid for absolute power over nature herself. The body of the earth has thus fallen into denigration - how could it be otherwise? The constant projection of contempt upon 'the body' has resulted in contempt for the body that runs so deep we cannot even begin to find it anymore. The body is bought and sold. It is not free to 'be'. Such is the price of the persecution of the true temple. Peace is like the body -- it must be taken care of, nurtured, respected, in order to thrive. But the campaign of the denigration of the body has been so successful that we don't even recognize the 'sacred' anymore. Peace is Sacred, the body of the earth is sacred, the body of every being is sacred. This is the story Jesus told, the story of the body as 'temple'.

There is another way. There is another level of 'action' we can engage in which is silent, subtle, effective. This is known as the middle path. It is not the way of the causal worldview. It is the 'non-active' action of the Taoist point of view. When one consults the I Ching one finds such a measured view presented. How amazing that the ancient understanding of this path is still here for us - available to consult so that it can show us 'the way'. This path consists in the conscious acceptance of the fact of 'inaction' in our world -- of the fact that many times, maybe more often than we want to imagine, not being able to act, not being able to find nor to implement a strategy, is a very real truth in life. All of the natural world operates in this way -- it is like the deep quiet of the forest, punctuated by an occasional 'movement', such as the pouncing of the cougar, the sound of rocks sliding down a distant hill, and so on. It is the way of meditators in monasteries and elsewhere, of those who practice Tonglen, for instance (mentionned in Gregorys' visions recently), the way of bringing compassion to (with the aim of eventual liberation of) all beings through conscious application of the simple in and out breath alone. The body is the location of such an 'action'. It is within all of our capacities to engage in such 'action' in every minute! Those who 'know' understand now (always have!) that planned interventions via extroverted actions to 'fight' political corruption (based on the power structure of causal authority) is unlikely to yield results -- is unlikely to result in the relief of closure any time soon...(because the 'machine' keeps on going for those to whom it benefits). (n.b.: it is also true that sometimes a sudden opening is sensed, and overt actions such as Peace Marches and other peaceable uprisings can and do result in valuable at least symbolic victories -- such actions are not to be discounted as a real and effective either, of course, but we cannot 'do' them all the time..)

In short, the new revolution will not be conducted in the streets - it will be (it is already being and has always been!) conducted inside: in 'the house', within! It is a quiet evolution, but it is the only thing that can really change the future, and as many are pointing out time and again these days - remember, the future is NOW. It may be that there will be a big war. But still the healing does not stop, the real revolution never stops. Only if we change the place 'within', will we change the place 'without'. As the I Ching, the Tao and other ancient texts recount, it is Nature that always triumphs in the end. So the recognition of the profound nature of the body will create the new world -- it will be slow, but it will happen, because that is the way of all nature, not the way of personal 'will to action' but the way of acceptance of the way things 'are', the way of listening for answers, not questing after them. We must not do ourselves the disservice of further exhaustion! We need to find some consistency and calm now, and the world is not able to give us this treasure anymore. We will find out what 'respect' means again only through the rediscovery of the wellspring within, Love, and then we will be able to respect the concept of Peace again, nurture it and cocreate with it. As long as we still place Peace and the Body (of course only the youthful & 'beautiful' body) upon a pedestal to worship it and treat it as a sentiment alone, we will always be at war.

The causal world principle is failing. The acausal is gaining ground. We can be a part of this revolution -- we must withdraw our shadow, each of us, from the world. This is a silent task. This is not about being a part of any revolution on the outside, that is the old paradigm. This is about BEING -- EM-BODYING-- revolution. 'Being' the revolution you seek is the 'action' of non-action. Observe and surrender right now to the latent 'mutant' powers of the gut brain! (only misfits need apply...hopefully later all human beings will be 'misfits' again!)

John Lennon said it: "you can radiate everything you are..."

Yes, just radiate...the revolution just happens...

Kristin

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:37 pm

Post ps/
Thanks to Roger for these words:

Quote:
...So I just tell everybody who can be interested what I think/feel and possibly go on strike. BUT MOST OF ALL I LINK WITH THE WORLD SOUL...

To speak up sometimes, to show that one is still in touch with real and honest emotion is also helpful these days. As Remo also shows in his examples above, people are very thankful to hear real thoughts and feelings spoken out loud in public because so much that they see and hear everywhere else is just empty meaningless drama. Everyone can tell when someone is being straight and honest with them, even if it's about something that is difficult to listen to, and that can be inspiring.

As for surrendering to and maintaining an inner connection with the 'World Soul', with 'eros consciousness' - this seems to me now too, along with Roger, Gregory, Eduard, all of us in our own personal way it seems - to present the only path to personal transmutation that we really have, perhaps the only path we have ever had (gnostic hermetics, various mystics and many other groups, 'pagans' included, also believe(d) in the value of this 'less travelled' path to wholeness, though they have used different precepts and language(s) to describe the subtle relationship with the 'acausal'..). Ultimately this particular path may engender the transmutation of human karma, as Remo speculates, the idea of the tikkun, through the heretical - ! - creation of an 'anti-atomic bomb'...

Best to all,
K
(?hey, should I take a holiday now? :) )

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 am
Founder

Michael

I'd like to answer your questions in a general way:

My opinion after dealing with my psychic and physical problems for more than 33 years showed me the "threefold way:"

1. Working on one's unconscious complexes by learning to understand the meaning of one's dreams, the ones which speak of these complexes. This is the causal part of the work, since dreams react (= causality) on unconscious problems. To this category belongs also the causal "Auseinandersetzung" -- – which means literally that one sits or stays apart of each other -- , the quarrel with the world, since if one has realized the unconscious problem in oneself, one can also see it in the collective. Here, I think, we have the ethical obligation to show the world our standpoint. Only like this the individuation process in the meaning of Carl Jung is possible. Such a friction is the task of every ethically responsible individual. And sometimes only like this we can realize an inner conflict (which is in this case the mirror of the outer).

2. Synchronicity quest: Listening to the meaningful coincidences between inside and outside. Necessary condition for this is the above # 1, since without dreams we cannot realize synchronicities. This is the observation and interpretation (creation by cognition) of the coincidence of the "outer spirit-psyche" (outer phenomenon) and the "inner spirit-psyche" part (the Logos Self, the objective psyche of Carl Jung) of the unus mundus.

3. BCI: The (mere) observation of inner transformations (the singular acausal quantum leap) in the way I describe as the twin process. This is the acausal observation of the "matter-psyche" part of the unus mundus, the Eros Self. It happens completely in one's inside, and heals bodily disease. This is what I call the creation by (mere) observation. Since it seems to be what I call "psychophysically nonlocal" it can heal the disease of our world.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Bust most of all I link with the World Soul...
[/color]

Rogers seems to be at the busts of the world soul ... :D :D :D

Nice Freudian slip

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:16 pm
Profile WWW

Eduard

Last edited by Eduard Klarer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:11 pm
Founder

Eduard Klarer wrote:
This morning, between sleep and waking, I cam back, I was brought back to the weeping willow on the Lake of Constance in my home village. I leaned to this tree and immediately, I stood inside of this tree, in the phylum/trunk. And suddenly, immediately I grow, my body, I broadened, expanded into the whole tree and then – I was also the tree. It’s hard to describe the emotion, the feeling, the sensation I had. It was just great, significant, important yes – fulfilling.

Eduard & All

The tree is a symbol of the vegetative (sympathetic/parasympathetic) nervous system. Thee tree does not move and just "observes" its growing. It is a symbol of BCI.

The animal moves, as our thoughts move from one thing to the other. Thus the Logos ego can be compared with an animal. A lion in his cage in the zoo. He turns around and around and does not find a way out. This is how our thinking works. In the psychiatric case one speaks even of the "Gedankenkarussell", the merry-go-round of thought. This state we overcome with becoming a Tree."

Like this our causal creation by thoughts is replaced by the acausal creation out of the unus mundus, the creation by cognition is replaced by the creation by (mere) observation.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:18 pm
Profile WWW

Post weeping willow
Quote:
This morning, between sleep and waking, I cam back, I was brought back to the weeping willow on the Lake of Constance in my home village. I leaned to this tree and immediately, I stood inside of this tree, in the phylum/trunk. And suddenly, immediately I grow, my body, I broadened, expanded into the whole tree and then – I was also the tree. It’s hard to describe the emotion, the feeling, the sensation I had. It was just great, significant, important yes – fulfilling.

This experience reminds me of two dream experiences/life experiences of mine:

I am standing in front of my childhood home in Texas which had a giant weeping willow tree in our front yard. We lived on a street called Havenridge...I point to my house and yard and say to someone, "That is where I live."

I am in front of a tree with other children, next to the tree is a teacher and inside the tree is another person. I only know this because his/her eyes are visiable through the trunk. The teacher, puts an orange peel in his mouth which makes me laugh and I say, he reminds me of Brando in the Godfather. He looks at me very seriously. I got the point.

ryan

-T.S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:27 am

Post Re: Being = Revolution
Eduard

Last edited by Eduard Klarer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:25 am
Site Admin

Roger Faglin wrote:
[/color]

Rogers seems to be at the busts of the world soul ... :D :D :D

Nice Freudian slip

Remo

You old rat!!!!

you know much better than me that there are many ways to link with the World Soul. She leads the dance...

:D :D :D

Roger

I Ching #50

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:27 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

[/color]

Even colored busts ... Hm. Do you really paint or even tatoo them? What a lucky guy you are. 8) :evil:

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW

Here, I think, we have the ethical obligation to show the world our standpoint. Only like this the individuation process in the meaning of Carl Jung is possible. Such a friction is the task of every ethically responsible individual. And sometimes only like this we can realize an inner conflict (which is in this case the mirror of the outer).

I've never heard this thought linked with Individuation (though I am not well read), and I like it a lot.

ryan

-T.S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]