UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 am

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
 shamanistic dream of healing 

Post 1,000 year arc . . .
. . . refered to the 1,000 year of English/American power arc in entry above. This is from the Roman "saeculum" theory of history being written about today by historians William Strauss & Neil Howe ('The Fourth Turning"); it is based on Jung's study of the archetype - the authors have it that each "post-war" period runs four generations and each has its own heroes, goddesses, etc. The first generation has war heroes start the saeculum (Eisenhower), the second rejects war entirely (Bob Dylan, The Beatles, the Sixties); the third generation recalls the heroes of the first, but it is a "feeling" thing, not driven by necessity but wanting to "be like" heroes of the "big war" even thou there is no need and in the 60th year thereabouts, it collapses the entire period by imitation rather than authentic action. George Bush is the completely representative figure in this generation (and this is the fateful 60th year). The fourth generation which will arrive shortly again enters in the midst of chaos and destruction and brings the world out of collapse. The entire historical cycle is made up of ten secula of 80 to 100 year periods. We today are only in the 7th saeculum of the English/American period.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:50 am
Profile WWW

Post More leads... Eggman?
Bernie, I thought perhaps what I saw above at the end of this dream.. the hot-air balloon turning into a large "sphere with outlines of mouth nose and eyes" would be connected to your interpretation of "Eggman enigma", the New Man...

P.S. Lots of connections still since having dream/BCI Multiple legs, I find it interesting to notice my own mention of Dali's painting in the dream above... By the way, why didn't John Lennon not laugh anymore after his "enlightenment"? What comes to my mind the Daoist master (Lao Tsu? was it) who went off with the dancing girls after his "enlightenment" :lol: ... I guess there are different kinds/combination of Return as fairytales show...

Last edited by Sang on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:50 pm

Post John's not laughing
It just hit me why John may not have laughed anymore in front of the camera... Like Jung mentions St. Paul at the end of his book "Answer to Job" p. 108...
Quote:
.. Such a transformation would lead to insufferable collisions between them, to say nothing of the unavoidable inflation to which the ordinary mortal, who is not freed from original sin, would instantly succumb. In these circumstanes it is well to remind ourselves of St. Paul and his split consciousness: on one side he felt he was the apostle directly called and enlightened by God, and, on the other side, a sinful man who could not pluck out the "thorn in the flesh" and rid himself of the Satanic angel who plagued him. That is to say, even the enlightened person remains what he is, and is never more than his own limited ego before the One who dwells within him, whose form has no knowable boundaries, who encompasses him on all sides, fathomless as the abysms of the earth and vast as the sky."

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:47 am

Post Egg in the Sky/Eye in the sky
Good point, Sang. I was sturck how much this pictrure - the first picture released today of four planets outside our solar system resembles an egg. More than that, as Jung said UFO's are like "eyes of god" - this one appears to be watching us.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 pm
Profile WWW

It's a beauty!... full of passion it seems. Thanks for sharing, Bernie.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Post Quaternity
I notice in this science story there are suppoesd to be four planets in the "eye": a Quaternity.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:40 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Egg in the Sky/Eye in the sky
Bernie Quigley wrote:
Good point, Sang. I was sturck how much this pictrure - the first picture released today of four planets outside our solar system resembles an egg. More than that, as Jung said UFO's are like "eyes of god" - this one appears to be watching us.

Looks like the Eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings to me.

Of course, that would give it negative connotations. I've only briefly looked at Jung's UFO book. I know he said they were like a modern myth, but did he say whether or not this was a good thing? And did he note that UFO's appear in paintings of not-so-modern times? I find that interesting... (sorry to go off topic)

"The Madonna with Saint Giovannino" -- 15th century

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:53 am

Post Jung's UFO essay
Michael - It does look like the Eye of Sauron - The movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" was based on Jung's essay - another American psychologist wrote a book about it but it was derived form the Jung essay as far as i can see. It is an interesting essay. The Eye of Sauron is an ancient earth phalus much like the mound in the Close Encounters - the Eyes in the Sky (UFOs) as I recall he said were "Hermes" risen to universe and the Universe coming to us. I like this from the preface in the English (Bollinger Press - Princeton) edition: Jung:
Quote:
"AS we know from ancient Egyptian history, they are manifestations of psychic changes which always appear at the end of one Platonic month and at the beginning of another. Apparently they are changes in the constellation of psychic dominants, or the archetypes, or "gods" as they used to be called, which bring about, or accompany, long-lasting transformations of the collective psyche."

RE "Platonic Months" - in other words, they signal the awakening of Aquarius.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:48 am
Profile WWW

Post Eye of Sauron
I felt the "Rings" movies, coming exactly at the turning of the millenium, particularly the second one - the Twin Towers occurring so close to 9/11 and the actual destruction of the most important symbol of globlism, the Twin Towers at Battery Park - related to the end of the Age of Pisces as well - the war in Iraq between the two fighting fish ("countervailing fish") of the Age of Pisces - a war between Christians and Musliims like something out of Suleiman's times hundreds of years ago.

My first or second article for the Philadelphia Daily News in 1976 was about how on Earth Day they would photograph the sun rising between the Twin Towers just as if it was an ancient temple to the Earth Mother arranged so the sun rose between two pillars.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:01 am
Profile WWW

Post Soreike Anpanman!
Some more leads.. along with what has been said so far..: Eggman, New Man (Primodial Man/Anthropos/Roundman..), Eye of Sauron, "Wilson" and "Wilson Wilson" (which I guess is what Humpty Dumpty who walks on earth (off the wall and coherent perhaps!) would be like, I thought it worth mentioning about the Anpanman (He is the round headed one with red nose in the picture). It is a very popular animation character among young children here in Japan, including my 3 y.o. daughter. :lol: Anpanman likes to feed those who are hungry by giving them piece of his head, which is a "bean-jam filled pastry"! An instrument of peace, one may say... And when his head gets wet or soiled or molded, often by his enemy Baikinman ("Germ-Man" who rides on a purple UFO!--sometimes they are shown to be getting along.) Anpanman's health/strength returns (rejuvenate) by replacing(!) his head. His body (he can fly like Superman--subtlebody?) is never replaced, only his head.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2