UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 am

[ 12 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 First Steps Towards Healing 

Post First Steps Towards Healing
Roger, Remo, Eduard or Anyone that has experience in Healing,

I was wondering about your first experiences as a Healer. I know certain aspects probably must remain private, but I am curious about what you considered in your first steps as a healer. I ask, because to make the leap seems so far for me. I know I am a long way, from that moment, but even the thought of beginning seems forced. These may sound like silly questions, but does one approach others? Begin with those close to you who trust you? Wait for others to come to you? I know I am too willfull about it all, and for now I am still just experiencing the process on myself, but none the less I am curious.

I am asking because the owner of the building I live in had a stroke before Christmas and the left side of her body is paralyzed, though she is beginning to regain some movement. She is incredibly depressed and I'm not even sure if I should share this process with her. She's about 80 years old and she reminds me of the woman MLvF talked about in Death and Dreams who was being asked to go through a circular enclosure but she was laying over it preventing the descent. She is a go, go, go person even at eighty, never stops commanding those who work with her about what needs to be done in her house and garden...in other words extremely extroverted and concerned with all the details of daily life. She feels useless of course, and I wasn't sure if I should approach her and if I did how I would suggest beginning such a process.

If you feel this post would serve just as well in the 'outer circle' forum, feel free to move it. I placed it here for any privacy concerns.

Thank you,

Ryan

-T.S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 am

Post Re: First Steps Towards Healing
Eduard

Last edited by Eduard Klarer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:25 pm

All of this hit the spot. I know I am still too much in the head and nothing is solved that way...hopefully one of these days it will fall off!

Ryan

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:04 pm
Founder

Ryan wrote:
I was wondering about your first experiences as a Healer. I know certain aspects probably must remain private, but I am curious about what you considered in your first steps as a healer. I ask, because to make the leap seems so far for me. I know I am a long way, from that moment, but even the thought of beginning seems forced. These may sound like silly questions, but does one approach others? Begin with those close to you who trust you? Wait for others to come to you? I know I am too willfull about it all, and for now I am still just experiencing the process on myself, but none the less I am curious.

I guess I wrote about my first experiences in other threads of the UM forum. I try to repeat them here:

In 1981 I had for ethical and scientific reasons to renounce to the diploma of the psychoanalyst's education center I joined then. Some very sick people projected all their dirt onto me, since I am limping (like the Christian devil). I first tried to survive as an psychoanalyst, but without a diploma this is very difficult in old-fashioned Switzerland. Thus I had to find a job, since my little boy was on his way to enter this world. I found it at the place of one of the most famous pastors of Switzerland (who was as sociopathic as were some of these psychoanalysts). It was a horrible time. But then fate led me to a woman who suffered Multiple Sclerosis. With her I developed what I call today Body Centered Imagination (BCI), which I however experienced first with me myself (in the case of psychic trouble and psychosomatic disease).

After the purgatory I fell even into the hell, where I met the devil in the person of a Christian pastor! But there "I" healed for the first time a human who suffered a very severe and incurable disease. Since I am also a scientist, I had to develop also a theory, the theory behind BCI, which is a modern way of dealing with Hermetic alchemy (not with Neoplatonic alchemy, which is behind psychoanalyisis, which means in my terms: Transform (so-called) evil matter (repressed instincts) into good spirit, and you are healed !!!

I began then to sensate -- and also my dreams insisted on this aspect -- that my hands seem to have healing forces. For me as a scientist, educated in a Neoplatonic worldview, it was very difficult to transform from a psychoanalyst to a healer. But eventually I managed it.

Quote:
I am asking because the owner of the building I live in had a stroke before Christmas and the left side of her body is paralyzed, though she is beginning to regain some movement. She is incredibly depressed and I'm not even sure if I should share this process with her. She's about 80 years old and she reminds me of the woman MLvF talked about in Death and Dreams who was being asked to go through a circular enclosure but she was laying over it preventing the descent. She is a go, go, go person even at eighty, never stops commanding those who work with her about what needs to be done in her house and garden...in other words extremely extroverted and concerned with all the details of daily life. She feels useless of course, and I wasn't sure if I should approach her and if I did how I would suggest beginning such a process.

This lady seems not at all to be ready for healing. She is possessed by her will, by action, by not letting be. As long as someone cannot let go, let himself/herself fall into the completely unknown (mostly these people have also too much money :evil: , which cut them off of real life), it is impossible for a healer to serve as a mediator between the healing forces of the Beyond and the disease to be cured.

Thus, I guess that you have to wait. Suddenly, something in your family or neighborhood happens, and then you should feel that the time is ripe to begin.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

She is possessed by her will, by action, by not letting be. As long as someone cannot let go, let himself/herself fall into the completely unknown (mostly these people have also too much money , which cut them off of real life)

Remo,

You hit the nail on the head.

Ryan

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:53 pm
Founder

Remo,

You hit the nail on the head.

Ryan

Ryan

Thus, perhaps some sick poor people enter your life. If yes, don't hesitate to try to apply your healer qualities.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Thus, perhaps some sick poor people enter your life. If yes, don't hesitate to try to apply your healer qualities.

Thank you.

Ryan

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:35 pm

Post Thank you.
Thanks for starting the post Ryan! :D And thank you for sharing your experiences and insights, Eduard and Remo, as always..

Peace, Sang.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:58 am

This is a very important post for me, because accepting myself as healer is quite difficult. People can say so much, but until I believe it myself there is very little that anyone can do. That goes for anything. Writing, Painting, Music. This woman too struck me deeply, because I see what happened to her as a synchronistic event that runs parallel with what I am personally experiencing....a sense of paralysis or what Eduard was experiencing inside the cement block. A Creative Block!

Anyway, that's it.

Still thawing out,

Ryan

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:11 pm
Site Admin

Remo Roth wrote:
As long as someone cannot let go, let himself/herself fall into the completely unknown (mostly these people have also too much money :evil: , which cut them off of real life), it is impossible for a healer to serve as a mediator between the healing forces of the Beyond and the disease to be cured.
Remo

Yes, this is absolutely right. As i wrote somewhere else, healing is a 'side-effect'. The core of the process is the energy circulation that happens at the very moment (but even time can be be very relative as I have been able to see) the 'healer' and the 'patient' enter together the Eros World.
possibly then an 'inner quantum leap' takes place and a sort of miracle happens...

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:42 pm
Profile Personal album
Site Admin

Ryan wrote:
I was wondering about your first experiences as a Healer.
Ryan

Good question... and I am very puzzled about it...

I guess this is something that has always been with me and the story of my life up till now, (my individuation in the sense I give to the word, beyond Jung's spirit-psyche reduction), deals with first the bringing into consciousness of this aspect, then its acceptance, and eventually its becoming my life (a process still on the move at the moment).

I remember my first year at high school. Young people of both sex, some older than me, just came to me, I don't know why. They talked to me, of themselves, their problems. I listened to them and then a voice came through me talking in reply of marvellous things, expanding the universe in front of them, like a song. It was not psychological counselling, you see, but pure Eros relatedness... And they felt better :)

But then far later i realised that certain people felt better by being close to me though i was just being myself.
Later again I remember a dream (the first one) where I was laying the hands on an assembly and they felt released.

But this was yet far from becoming a conscious capacity.

Later again, when I was helping people with their dreams i realised that there was something else in my doings that obviously went through the body. But i had no reference, and Jung could not help me on that subject, though I was quite sure of my observations.

I remember something else from that time. My ex-father in law had an aneurysmal rupture in the middle of the brain. He was declared a hopeless case. The following night many times I dreamt I was fixing leaking pipes with some special tape. The next morning we learnt that he was better and steadily improving. I was a bit frightened of the relation I was tempted to make between the two.

Only when I met Remo - in a way marked by fate - did I begin to fully realise the dimension of all this. (Thank you again, Remo for your invaluable efforts and superb theoritical work.)

And then I had to accept it, and believe me it is not so easy.

But once you have gone through the door and understood it is a one way ticket then {things happen/you let them happen}...

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:39 pm
Profile Personal album

I suppose I have had one, maybe a couple of people approach me, the most recent was my wife's mother which caught me completely off-guard. That was a clear case. Apparently, I have an affect on people, which is what my wife says, but I must be unconscious of this, because I don't see it; if anything I sense adults avoiding me. Children, the exact opposite. It's amazing how many adults talk down to me...:evil:

These natural or spontaneous responses have elluded me, with the exception of those who I feel as sensitive people, they tend to be open to be with me...there are so few. :cry:

Though I suppose most of this has to do with how new I am to the journey and maturing within it...without losing the child.

Ryan

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]