UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:44 am

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
 deleted 

Post It is the final voyage to an unknown destination.
Patrick Booker wrote:
Hi Jan,

..............Did I see a painting by Johfra Bosschart in this thread? I think so, but either way, here is my favourite of his paintings.

Johfra Bosschart, 'The Journey Home', 1998

http://visionaryrevue.com/webtext2/joflife1.html

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I took a look at some of Johfra's other work. There were some really wonderful ones. Maybe I will use a few for later illustrations. He has some dramatic rising up to heavens type ones, but indeed the one you chose is ultimately what we face at the end of life... an uncertainty of where if anywhere our final journey will take us.

This was the description on another page of that same "The Journey Home":

THE JOURNEY HOME (1998)
(Thuisvaart)

The last painting which Johfra completed before his death speaks directly to the heart of the viewer. Amidst the rich organic growths which only he could render, a gondola sets out upon the calmly rippling waters. It is the final voyage to an unknown destination. The theme is neither Hermetic nor Pantheist; it speaks of death neither as transcendence nor immanence. In this final work, an overwhelming feeling arises in answer to life’s eternal question ‘what lies beyond?’ The heart-felt response offered here is - sheer mystery.

Suzanne

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:43 pm
Profile Personal album

Yes, they are all wonderful, aren't they? I was just about to post another when I saw your post. I've opted for an earlier one.

Johfra Bosschart, 'Animus and Anima', 1972

There is actually a development in his work from occult/magical themes towards nature/pantheistic ones. I have a copy of his little book based upon his Zodiac Series ('Astrology'), which I bought for £3.95 nearly 30 years ago, and I believe it is now quite rare. Both his wives, Diana Vandenburg and Ellen Lorien, are considerable mystical artists in their own right, as can be seen from my link to 'Visionary Review'.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Post The tutors of one another's souls...
Patrick Booker wrote:
Hi Suzanne,

Yes, they are all wonderful, aren't they? I was just about to post another when I saw your post. I've opted for an earlier one.

Johfra Bosschart, 'Animus and Anima', 1972

There is actually a development in his work from occult/magical themes towards nature/pantheistic ones. I have a copy of his little book based upon his Zodiac Series ('Astrology'), which I bought for £3.95 nearly 30 years ago, and I believe it is now quite rare. Both his wives, Diana Vandenburg and Ellen Lorien, are considerable mystical artists in their own right, as can be seen from my link to 'Visionary Review'.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, An E-mail notice to your posting of this arrived in my Inbox at 11/18/2009 10:13:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time. Look at what I had sent to myself about 15 minutes before, 11/18/2009 10:00:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, to use in a later Blog post as well as E-mail to some of my friends not on the forum:

ANIMUS AND ANIMA (1972)
(Animus en Anima)

Another fascinating work from 1972 is Johfra’s dual portrait of Ellen and himself, titled Animus and Anima. Each holds the child-like soul of the other in their arms - Johfra’s in a clam shell, Ellen’s in a lotus flower. On Johfra’s chest is the scarabus. And between them appears the yin / yang symbol, where each contains a particle of the other as a circle in its centre. More than that, the two are separate but integrated parts of the greater circle: together they form a higher unity.

Patrick, my post title of "tutor of one another's souls" comes from when I was 19 and joined the Baha'i Faith, which I later left for more free thinking, but it was a good influence then. An older lady named Martha who belonged to that religion told me that of course I was going to have to soon stop seeing the One and Only on our weekday walks down the block. She did not say to not love him or stop thinking he was my soul mate. She said it was unlikely because of the age difference that I could ever be together with him in this world, but if... he was really my soul mate... that we would continue in our hearts to be the "tutors of one another's souls" throughout life and meet again in the after life. Her wise approach to this, rather than just a bunch of reproaches for my being stuck on a middle-aged married man, made it a lot easier to part with him when I had to move away a few months later. This is a marvelous illustration... of that concept... as "each holds the child-like soul of the other in their arms".

Suzanne

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes, Jan, that is from Johfra's 'Zodiac Series'. I found his book when I referred to it earlier, and it is in front of me as I type. And the picture on the front cover is 'Pisces'!

Suzanne, Wellesley Tudor Pole, the mystic who restored the Chalice Well in Glastonbury, had a very close connections with the Baha'i movement through his friendship with `Abdu'l-Bahá:-
http://wellesleytudorpole.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellesley_Tudor_Pole

His correspondence with the novelist Rosamond Lehmann ('Dear Alexias') is truly astonishing.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I had this stream of dreams connected with Germany last night. They don't make a lot of sense to me - I'm posting them, but don't worry if you find the same.

'There is a woman, German I think, with a connection to a concentration camp. The woman had a connection with a man who was her friend, with whom she had lost contact and whom she believed to be dead. They had become separated at the end of the war. He is traced by somebody else. He is referred to as a good man, and apparently he survived and lived on as a teacher of art for some years, although he is now dead. The woman is now told that her friend did not die at the end of the war.'

'A woman has been kidnapped. I think that she is German, and that this occurs in Germany. She is in her twenties, with short, fair hair, and is wearing a light brown raincoat. I identify with her, and this is now happening to me. I am being held in a large office, with busy workers ignoring me. My captors seem to be very careless – I have been left with a mobile phone, which is actually my own phone in reality. I call 999 (emergency), and drop the phone in a large, wheeled refuse bin. People continue to ignore me, and I somehow escape from the building. I run in the darkness through tangled bushes, and seem to be getting away. There is a reference to the German border.'

'I am on a train. Some reference to mercury as a healing medicine.'

With regard to time travel, I have always had a fascination with loops in time, future selves interacting with the past. A number of fantasy and science fiction writers have used it.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Post David Lindsay
I am attaching a link to download a fantasy novel entitled 'A Voyage to Arcturus' by the Scottish writer David Lindsay. The style may seem a little dated, but don't be put off. It is one of the most powerful fantasies ever written, full of unique spiritual insights.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1329/1329.txt
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1329

It can be downloaded from Project Gutenberg absolutely free as a text document, but I warn you - you will never forget it.

Lindsay wrote several novels, and his masterwork is the massive 'Devil's Tor'. This has been difficult to obtain for many years, but is happily now available through Lulu. My copy is hopefully about to wing its way across the Atlantic to me.
http://stores.lulu.com/resonancebookworks

This guy is special, and should be better known.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 am

Post David Lindsay
Hope I haven't strayed too far off topic here. Just wanted to add a couple more links.

Here is a free audio download of the whole of 'A Voyage to Artcurus':-
http://www.archive.org/details/A_Voyage_To_Arcturus

There is an article on Wikipedia, but it will act as a spoiler for anyone wanting to read the book:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Voyage_to_Arcturus

I have read some of his other novels, and they don't have the haunting power of 'A Voyage to Arcturus'. It is rather stark, but I have never come across anything quite like it. 'Devil's Tor' is supposed to deal with the same themes more deeply, but as I stated, I haven't read it yet.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Image Image

Sagittarius Sun Sign and Ascendant, Gemini Moon Sign.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Post relevant reversal?
Hey guys,

beautiful to see the Sun and Moon designation in IMAGES, and posted side by side here... The relevance of the outer stars becomes 'interiorized', now shining in an inner sky, which I find strangely thrilling. It's great to change words into images, something 'pops' where perhaps we just had the 2 dimensional word as cardboard stand-in... The portals speak, and our understanding is allowed to become multi-dimensional again...

In a strange *coincidence* I experienced quite an AHA! moment when I entered this thread again this a.m., because, Jan, my Moon happens to be in Virgo! Hence, you and I have actually reversed Sun and Moon signs, as if in universal reflection of one another. We are mirrors for each others process perhaps 'on the inside', and thus it is 'through a mirror darkly' that we find our clearest resonance. The dark mirror is quite a meme in symbolic circles, and I have run into the theme many times myself lately, which to me is like a confirmation that the 'delugian matters' and the BCI methodology are connected and constellated in our collective gathering here on the UM. Interesting to note we are presently in the White Mirror Mayan week (each week is 13 days in length, and this is the 3rd day of the Mirror wavespell, so-called..). The designation of 'white' is btw not due to any particular yin/yang symbology or the like, 'white' in the Mayan lexicon is merely indicative of a certain direction.

The marvellous voyage into the twilit waters continues...

Kristin

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Post train...
Patrick,

the train is a dream 'voice' I've often come across, acting something like a 'bridge' from one place to another in my experience, often a means of transportation between bardos, it seems. Also, it's connection to the incarnation/reincarnation phenomenon is strong, thus it has much to do with 'death' and all things related (including the interiorizing of symbols and the healing of such in the gut brain, I've found). We've talked about trains in this respect before on the forum somewhere. Remo has also been speaking lately of this incarnation process again quite a bit, and on several different threads as it happens, well. ...hmm.. Your dreams seem most significant.. The association of 'mercury' with the 'train' in your dreamscape I associate myself with a 'healing bullet', which just came up for me here quite suddenly, not sure why. We can go with the sense of 'mercury' as alchemically meant of course, but it's also the speed aspect perhaps, with wings on it's feet... The train is in any case linear in it's trajectory, while Mercury is basically everywhere it needs to be at once.... complex! So, periphery with causality, the two seem in relation here somehow -- observation and action. I wonder if it has anything to do with the removal of a sense of hyper-reactivity to the object/subject (a post-modern problem it seems..). The healing of our collective reactive mode of interaction lies in learning to 'respond' from a place of grounded observation maybe.. I think too now of sitting in a train compartment, watching the world 'go by' in images, simply responding from that 'location' to what is presented. Here we are stationned at ease 'within', while all around us is this movement that is 'time' inflected, ie) treated causally. So within the causal context the acausality of wu wei deportment is still possible. In this sense we are always in the 'hub' as you spoke of so well before, but often don't 'allow' for this capacity we have for relaxed download..

I guess that is what we are attempting to identify here -- the question is: how does this place, this 'hub', where we are at ease naturally, and where we do all our 'real' work in fact, FEEL??

A little elliptical, but you get my meaning!
best to you,
Kristin

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Now you mention it Kristin, I seem to be able to remember other dreams involving trains. And intense memories of being taken on train journeys as a child, with a dreamlike sense of the unknown. Thanks for your helpful comments.

There is a writer called Patrice Chaplin, who has a connection to the mysteries surrounding Rennes le Chateau. She lived at various times in Girona, and the tower built by Sauniere in Rennes le Chateau was actually a copy of one in Girona. She explains all this in her book 'City of Secrets', and I attach a link to a very interesting interview she gave.
http://www.aniwilliams.com/city_of-secrets.htm

Anyway, she also knew Salvador Dali quite well, and according to her, he studied with the same teacher of Kabbalah as she has done.
Dali's painting 'The Railway Station at Perpignan' depicts a profound inner journey. The structure also suggests the diagram of the Tree of Life.

Here is something I knocked up in Microsoft Paint, just to suggest the idea (sorry, I know the geometry isn't exact).

The train is going through Daath.

Best,

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Post Re: train... and other synchronicity images
kristin wrote:
Patrick,

the train is a dream 'voice' I've often come across, acting something like a 'bridge' from one place to another in my experience, often a means of transportation between bardos, it seems. Also, it's connection to the incarnation/reincarnation phenomenon is strong, thus it has much to do with 'death' and all things related (including the interiorizing of symbols and the healing of such in the gut brain, I've found). We've talked about trains in this respect before on the forum somewhere. Remo has also been speaking lately of this incarnation process again quite a bit, and on several different threads as it happens, well. ...hmm.. Your dreams seem most significant.. The association of 'mercury' with the 'train' in your dreamscape I associate myself with a 'healing bullet', which just came up for me here quite suddenly, not sure why. We can go with the sense of 'mercury' as alchemically meant of course, but it's also the speed aspect perhaps, with wings on it's feet... The train is in any case linear in it's trajectory, while Mercury is basically everywhere it needs to be at once.... complex! So, periphery with causality, the two seem in relation here somehow -- observation and action. I wonder if it has anything to do with the removal of a sense of hyper-reactivity to the object/subject (a post-modern problem it seems..). The healing of our collective reactive mode of interaction lies in learning to 'respond' from a place of grounded observation maybe.. I think too now of sitting in a train compartment, watching the world 'go by' in images, simply responding from that 'location' to what is presented. Here we are stationned at ease 'within', while all around us is this movement that is 'time' inflected, ie) treated causally. So within the causal context the acausality of wu wei deportment is still possible. In this sense we are always in the 'hub' as you spoke of so well before, but often don't 'allow' for this capacity we have for relaxed download..

I guess that is what we are attempting to identify here -- the question is: how does this place, this 'hub', where we are at ease naturally, and where we do all our 'real' work in fact, FEEL??

A little elliptical, but you get my meaning!
best to you,
Kristin

Hi to Kristin, Jan, and Patrick: We are on some kind of "roll" -- the rolling mystical train of synchronicities I suppose! I am at my daughter's house right now but will be on my way home soon. When Lee's best friend Dana died in 1970, I had a dream about a train pulling away and taking him to wherever he was going. Then Dana's wife Lorraine and I got on a handcar together on the same track and were following the train at a distance. Then after awhile, she got off and disappeared into the dark at one side of the track. I had to continue on by operating the hand car by myself. My journey ended by winding up reunited with them at some future time. I will give more details with illustrations later when I can. Also, when I am doing the inner travels with Lee, sometimes the impression of going somewhere is like through train or subway tunnels but often as transparencies as shown in Patrick's train image. The image of Aquarius is also something I posted about on another thread, but oddly the urn with the water coming out of it is portrayed in my inner visions as the eye of god raining out either tears or urine or golden fluid light upon us as fallen humanity -- take your pick depending upon what we each perceive as being the moral and emotive nature of the deity. OK, see you all in awhile. Suzanne

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:01 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Post Patrice Chaplin and Salvador Dali
Patrick Booker wrote:
Now you mention it Kristin, I seem to be able to remember other dreams involving trains. And intense memories of being taken on train journeys as a child, with a dreamlike sense of the unknown. Thanks for your helpful comments.

There is a writer called Patrice Chaplin, who has a connection to the mysteries surrounding Rennes le Chateau. She lived at various times in Girona, and the tower built by Sauniere in Rennes le Chateau was actually a copy of one in Girona. She explains all this in her book 'City of Secrets', and I attach a link to a very interesting interview she gave.
http://www.aniwilliams.com/city_of-secrets.htm

Anyway, she also knew Salvador Dali quite well, and according to her, he studied with the same teacher of Kabbalah as she has done.
Dali's painting 'The Railway Station at Perpignan' depicts a profound inner journey. The structure also suggests the diagram of the Tree of Life.

Here is something I knocked up in Microsoft Paint, just to suggest the idea (sorry, I know the geometry isn't exact).

The train is going through Daath.

Best,

Patrick

I just came across an interview with Patrice Chaplin that goes into all this in more detail:-
http://andrewgough.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... b15#p50990
http://www.voiceamerica.com/voiceameric ... ?aid=43125

Some very interesting material on Dali.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:57 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:12 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:37 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 am

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:08 am

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next