UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 am

[ 5 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Expedited Healing 

Post Expedited Healing
Hello all,

Well I asked for Everest, and I guess I received it.

Recently I had to break things off with the young woman whom I thought for sure I was going to marry.
It was not an easy thing to do, and I am still hurting; however, I have found it surprising how quickly I am healing.

Usually something like this would devastate me for some time, but I'm carrying on as normal and am working as hard as ever on myself.
Even the girl asked how I can be so "poised all the time". I have to think that working with the world soul has something to do with this ability. Don't get me wrong, I did get knocked off my feet by the situation, but really it was only rough for about 2 or 3 weeks.

I am training for a cycling race around Lake Tahoe and have been challenging myself to ride up this mountain near Tucson. I finally succeeded today in climbing the entire thing. Originally my intention was to 'conquer' the mountain. As I made my way toward the top, however, I began to feel myself become one with the mountain. It brought a profound sense of peace to me and I wore a stupid smile for a few minutes.

Hope you are all doing well.

Michael

Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 am

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:51 am

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 pm

It's actually not even really a race. It's called "America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride" AKA AMBBR (Amber), and yes it does go around the complete perimeter of the lake, 72 miles.

Last November I rode 109 miles around Tucson in the Tour de Tucson, which is a very popular race ~8000 riders. Tahoe's ride will have ~3000 riders.

That's a very interesting story about Emerald Bay. The island is actually in a small area in the southwest portion of the lake:

It's the tear drop that looks like it's just dripping off the lake. The island is not visible in this image.

I do like the idea of circumambulatio. Very cool.

Also, I love tea houses. There is one in Tucson called Seven Cups. My English friend introduced it to me, although it is a Chinese or Japanese (?) tea house. Very relaxing. There is a great focus on every aspect of the tea, so it is a very mindful experience.

I had a dream of a race last night, something to do with Hermes as well. Will post more details if they emerge.

In other news, my brother moved in with me yesterday so that is pretty momentous.

All the best to everyone.

Michael

P.S. There is a wonderful Asian film called Taste of Tea that I was reminded of when you were mentioning tea, Jan. It resonates with the idea of slowing down.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Post courage
Hey Michael,

been thinking about courage lately, and your post above regarding your recent break-up does go so very well with these thoughts of mine. When you know something isn't sitting right, it takes alot of integrity to bite the bullet, especially when you do, in fact, love someone. Because, of course, one never stops loving someone they have loved before, IMO, though not always in the same way.

The WS can be mighty fierce, but it seems always helps those who help themselves and then some (because those who help themselves help others too, which is an interesting by-product of personal fortitude and self-directed compassion). Most especially though it seems that "She" helps us when we bravely live from out of the truth of the heart, when we manage to grow beyond a state of orphanhood into a state of 'being', which speaks of the release of any remaining attachment to self-pity (speaking of the tea ceremony, it seems to represent the great responsibility we accept when we dedicate to the work of coming into 'whole-ness' as life's task -- there is much delicacy as well as intensity in the controlled movements that make up the ceremony..)(-- maybe we can experiment with taking 'tea' as a ritual within our inner cauldron, Jan?!!).

Best of luck in the race, M, and may you and your bro enjoy a most happy co-habitation --
Prosper!
Kristin

Mon May 31, 2010 5:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]