UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:26 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
 Synchronicity and Schizophrenia 
Founder

Post Re: Remo - about the terrifying times we are entering
Suzanne wrote:
As I drove to the nearby 7/11, I was indeed at first so "driven" inside that I drove by it. Whoaa, I said to myself, and realized that feeling pressured and driven inside almost always leads to deception, trouble, or even danger. All I did then as I turned the car around was to shift within myself to a witnessing mode, observing what was happening in a flow of composure. It all worked out fine then. I was able to help her, find the magazine with Graham on it - page 36 Remo - where the article shows that as he is facing death, he is mellowing and no longer assumes he knows it all about what scripture literally means. What started out here with the visit from the psychotic woman was almost like an invasion into my home from the Shadow world that seeks our destruction in a mass annihilation beginning in the Middle East just as I was about to write something against those notions of prophesy - a mentally ill person or a visionary without a witnessing mode yet in everyday life can feel as if they are being attacked or guided (wrongly) by demons/angels and can panic and get into harm or an accident in some way. But once we are able to experience the exact same event from the observing flow of composure mode - Love Consciousness - what might be a demonic intention instead can turn into a quiet blessing - which is what has happened to the rest of this day.

Suzanne

I'd like to choose this part since it shows the main attitude of this new behaviour. What ever will happen, we should just try to find into a Metanoia, a change of our attitude. We should try to come down into our belly (or heart) and have a look what happens there. I am convinced today that the UFOs which prevented the totoal destruction of Europe as an effect of Chernobyl in 1986 appeared as a result of such a meditative behaviour of some people in their incredible fear of death.

For the story see
http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1005.htm

See also
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... europe#498

For Metanoia see Marie-Louise von Franz:

Quote:
As to the attitude of consciousness needed to gain insight into ]this projection, the situation is differently modulated than that of the integration of the shadow and animus or anima. In the case of the shadow it is largely a question of humility; in the case of the other two figures it is one of an at least partial insight into their individual qualities and simultaneously of a wise 'live-and-let-live' attitude toward their overwhelming nature. When, on the other hand, personifications of the Self begin to appear, the ego is then confronted with the necessity of sacrificing itself; it can never integrate the Self but can only bow before it and try to relate to it in the right way. This does not mean a total renunciation of one's own freedom-even before God, man has to reserve the right to the last word, remaining fully conscious, however, that the power he addresses is always the stronger one. The encounter with the Self means, therefore, a deep and far-reaching change in the conscious attitude. It is not for nothing that the above-described inner daimon is called among other names the 'Angel of Metanoia': he brings with him a withdrawl from the play of Maya, of the world's illusion, an absolute retreat from the world. No one can accomplish this by simply willing it. It is effected in him by the Self and in many cases takes place only shortly before death. Only a few thoughful, reflective people experience it earlier. Insight into the nature, the essence, of the Self is purchased only at the price of great suffering that wipes out the worldly prejudices and preoccupations of the ego, thereby forcing it into a change of attitude. Every deep disappointment or disillusionment is, in this sense, a step along the way of individuation, if it is accepted with insight and not with resignation or bitterness. [M. L. von Franz, Projection and Re-collection in Jungian Psychology, pp. 157-158.][emphasis mine]

Remo

PS: Could she/he be this "Angel of Metanoia"?

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:08 pm
Profile WWW

Post For Metanoia see Marie-Louise von Franz - Remo to Suzanne
Remo, it was Marie-Louise von Franz who brought me to you. After I saw her in "Matters of the Heart" - I was drawn to her. When I first chanced upon your site, not even looking for anything Jungian, I stayed and read about your relationship to her and came back from time to time until joining recently, feeling it was now the time.

The last few days I have had one tune going through my head - it is from a song - in Latin which I do not understand - from Luciano Pavarotti and Rene Fleming, both of whom I have been listening to intently during the time since I joined here. In my head it goes like this, "Da da - angelicus - la la la la... and so on since I do not know the words. Angelicus - Angels - gads, I have no interest in all that which angels are what and who stuff usually.

However, the 'Angel of Metanoia' you mention is another story. I have been very interested in the past as to what metanoia, a turn around, a change in the mind, repentance really means. I did some Googling about the 'Angel of Metanoia', and now I know why that song was stuck in my head.

I go back tonight to visit my grandchildren. The last night I stayed over there, it was like I was never really asleep as images arose from "the belly" seemingly all night, but I was not tired the next day. Negative and positive, male and female, darkness and light, endless variations on opposites in conflict, and the opposites merging, and the opposites becoming one. Yet not really an annihilation of the individuality.

DISTINCTION BUT NO DISTINCTION

That's all for now. Like Kristin says, sometimes it is just better to watch and wait. It is not necessary to express all this in words yet.

Suzanne

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:52 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Nice to have you back. I am however very busy with the ending of my book. Thus, I don't have too much time for the forum.

Yes, what you experienced is exactly the metanoia -- coming down into the belly, and then the things happen themselves. Since this gives so much of new energies, you were not tired in the morninig.

So much for now.

Best

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Suzanne

Nice to have you back. I am however very busy with the ending of my book, which the publisher would like to publish as soon as possible. Thus, I don't have too much time for the forum.

Yes, what you experienced is exactly the metanoia -- coming down into the belly, and then the things happen themselves. Since this gives so much of new energies, you were not tired in the morninig.

So much for now.

Best

Remo

What I was describing above was last year. It has sometimes happened on and off during the year. But a lot of the last year has also been almost like a wasteland of being overwhelmed, lost, and often cut off from any inner or outer meaning. Plus all my own weaknesses, failings, and confusions have become very obvious -- brokenness also appears to be a significant part of metanoia or transformation or turning about from whatever the misplaced human ego orientation has been to whatever the healing outcome might be. Currently I seem very fragile and on the verge of going under -- but somehow won't quite do that. It seems like that proverbial darkest before the dawn phase.

Suzanne

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 am
Profile Personal album

Post nihilism, synchronicity, schizophrenia
"Sympathy defaulting to hatred" helps explain the collective state of nihilism which emerged in Russia's Intelligensia in the 1830s and dominates the English department today and the astonishing viciousness Solzhenitsyn reported in Russia and again in fascist philosophy; common people "organically" believe all things are connected in folk law ("There is no art but folk art" - William Butler Yeats) - when common sensibilities are replaced by (head-based) ideology mass murder results, even if that ideology is "democracy" - the first of the vast slaughters of modern times was perhaps in the American Civil War, where 40,000 died in a matter of hours: likewise "Organization Man" can be seen as a kind of schizophrenia which demands that all the buildings be square and the people in them.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Metanoia
Suzanne

Suzanne wrote:
What I was describing above was last year. It has sometimes happened on and off during the year. But a lot of the last year has also been almost like a wasteland of being overwhelmed, lost, and often cut off from any inner or outer meaning. Plus all my own weaknesses, failings, and confusions have become very obvious -- brokenness also appears to be a significant part of metanoia or transformation or turning about from whatever the misplaced human ego orientation has been to whatever the healing outcome might be. Currently I seem very fragile and on the verge of going under -- but somehow won't quite do that. It seems like that proverbial darkest before the dawn phase.

Yes, metanoia is always connected to these experiences. We have so much trouble to let go, to overcome our will-possession and just to give in to the "being nothing." However, only when one has reached this state of willlessness, the force comes back. One thinks that one is drowning, however, one finds like this the deepest roots -- perhaps some miles below the surface of the sea.

I tell you this only since I had such experiences myself. For years I had to drown myself (and if I didn't there were enough other people, especially so-called colleagues of psychotherapy, who did it) -- and only like this something new could happen: I reached the surface again, since the movement from below to above happens ITSELF, if one has the courage to drown deeply enough.

All the best for your opus

Remo

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Metanoia
Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne

Suzanne wrote:

Yes, metanoia is always connected to these experiences. We have so much trouble to let go, to overcome our will-possession and just to give in to the "being nothing." However, only when one has reached this state of willlessness, the force comes back. One thinks that one is drowning, however, one finds like this the deepest roots -- perhaps some miles below the surface of the sea.

I tell you this only since I had such experiences myself. For years I had to drown myself (and if I didn't there were enough other people, especially so-called colleagues of psychotherapy, who did it) -- and only like this something new could happen: I reached the surface again, since the movement from below to above happens ITSELF, if one has the courage to drown deeply enough.

All the best for your opus

Remo

Thank you, Remo, I have commented to my husband sometimes lately that I feel overwhelmed. More to the point, I have said I feel like I am going under -- as if in drowning.

Of course, I was up very late last night, copying the info into another post about the Sufis and the World Soul, but that is not a great practical sin these days as I do not have to be over to their school and house to take care of my grandchildren until after 2 in the afternoon. Today was also a Holiday, so I could stay home all day. I did not, however, expect to sleep all day into the evening, have only dinner, do a bit of checking online, and then plan to go back to sleep maybe a half hour from now.

Most of the time was spent in bed sleeping and dreaming. When I finally got up, all I did was move to the living room and go into an extended hypnogogic state for hours in my reclining chair. There were two episodes that left the most impression on me. They both involved a small child -- not as old as my grandchildren who are 6 and 9. I would say one and a half to two and a half in age. Probably a boy. My grandkids are girls.

In the first scene with this child, "he" was walking (toddling like not secure in his movements yet) across a room. I was behind him trying to make sure he did not get hurt in some way. I studied French in high school but know next to none now a half century later. For some reason I was trying to teach him the answer to a question he might be asked. In my mind, the question was supposed to be, "Parlez-vous Francais?" I was going to stress to him that his answer should be, "Non." However, when I said the question out loud to him, it came out as, (I'm guessing at the spelling of these French words!) "Comment vous apellez-vous?" And I told him, the answer he should give is, "Non". In English, "What's your name? Or literally, how do you call yourself -- with NO as an answer.

The second episode with this child is that he had wandered on outside. I was right behind him again to make sure he did not wander off and get hurt. The scene had a dark loveliness. I had to keep an eye on him because we were on a path right next to a body of water and, with his unsteady walking, he might fall in. At first the water seemed very shadowed and even blocked by the overgrowth from a large tree. But the scene altered by itself into one where the tree had become more normal, the water more open and inviting, and the lighting a bit brighter. I felt I had to continue to follow the child to protect him and could not stop to look at this scene. Then I became partially lucid and aware I was in a reverie. I decided that the next time I would find myself in a inner vision with a body of water, I would go into the water even if afraid, knowing that I could not literally drown, and somehow find the courage to go under and find out what happens.

Thank you again, Remo, for mention of the drowning process in metanoia. Perhaps the "Non" to what we are called or what is our name could also have to do with what you said above about "being nothing".

Suzanne

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:44 am
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3