UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
 Carl Jung's Pegasus Vision and the psychophysical reality 

Post More Aquarius
More images this morning suggest ascending Aquarius: This in today's news from Dubai - "a man-made island in the Persian Gulf . . . awaiting new residence." It is a tree, rising from the most ancient of places:
Also, FYI, Miss3, the Canadian wildernesses dreamer extraordinaire, has posted her spiritual dream journey to Aquarius (w/ Cosmic Rabbi and a dance before the Sun King) on a new web site: Dreams, Visions, Contemplations

Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: More Aquarius
Bernie Quigley wrote:
More images this morning suggest ascending Aquarius: This in today's news from Dubai - "a man-made island in the Persian Gulf . . . awaiting new residence." It is a tree, rising from the most ancient of places:
Also, FYI, Miss3, the Canadian wildernesses dreamer extraordinaire, has posted her spiritual dream journey to Aquarius (w/ Cosmic Rabbi and a dance before the Sun King) on a new web site: Dreams, Visions, Contemplations

Hello Bernie, I clicked on the Dreams, etc. link and read a bit there but was not focused on that material for some reason. Instead I clicked on the quigleyinexile blog link there which was a no go because of http://http:// error. I had to delete the extra http to get to your blog. This morning I had been spontaneously remembering (due to synchronicities) a man from Russia I had met back about 25 years ago. He had two favorite books. One was the "Little Prince" that I found in hardback last week at a library sale of old books and thought to save it for my grandchildren when they get a bit older. The other was The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. That became of great personal significance to me lasting long after I had no further contact with the man. Of course you know what "meaningful coinicidence" I just found down your blog page... mention of the book and a picture with "Inquisitor" in its Properties. Yesterday I was confronted in a new party store (child's birthday next week) with a long cloak (they are putting out the Halloween stuff early these days) that fit with the monk-like vision I saw a few nights ago. Then I was with my grandchildren at their house less than an hour later. The five year old picked out a movie to watch. In the first segment there was a cartoon figure of such a cloaked being. I had to be back close to that store later in the evening and went in and bought the cloak. I do not usually carry going along with synchronicities that far - or I would soon be in the poor house from acquiring such items. This one felt very very important. There were two terms I had associated with my hypnogogic vision of the cloaked figure as I became fully conscious afterward a few nights ago: The Archon and The Grand Inquisitor. This is more complicated but not a time for me to say more about it other than...

ALL THINGS ARE INVOLVED IN ALL THINGS

Suzanne

Added a few hours after the above:

Did some normal things like housework and getting ready to go to the grandchildren's home over night and through tomorrow. Figured I would of course not have my computer so decided to print out the "Grand Inquisitor" chapter from The Brothers Karamazov and take it with me. Figured to look up some images too in a search of "The Grand Inquisitor" just to see how others picture it. At the bottom of page 1 of the Google results is this image and description:

Image Image

... Invasion | The Grand Inquisitor
200 x 200 pixels - 7k - gif
http://www.thedivineinvasion.com

It goes to this page that has the Inquisitor book text, the pic of the palm tree is over in the right hand column down a ways. http://www.thedivineinvasion.com/grandinq.asp

To take the next step, a link that says Palm Tree Garden has to be clicked a couple of boxes above the image. That results in a Gnostic site where the palm pic is the logo. http://www.palmtreegarden.org

So, as impossibly odd as it might appear in the normal consciousness of every day life... a man-made island in the Persian Gulf in the shape of a palm tree does have something to do with The Grand Inquisitor and both have something to do with Gnosticism and ad infinitum.

ALL THINGS ARE INVOLVED IN ALL THINGS

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Henry Gale and the Second Christ
Hi Suzanne – It’s nice how smoothly you can associate these things together – especially the “Inquisitor” symbol which looks like the palm tree – related to that, maybe I could explain to readers about the “Grand Inquisitor” thing on my blog. Stephen Spielberg’s young and way gifted protégée, J.J. Abrams (who now directs for Spielberg), runs a TV show called “Lost.” Like all of the “Survivor” shows it is a “returning to earth” myth (“returning” from Spielberg’s “Close Encounters” UFO/space movie which was based on Jung’s UFO essay). Most everything on Lost has literary references. The premise of the show is that an airplane crashes in mid-air leaving survivors on a mysterious and psychic island. The plane is from Oceanic Airlines and the reference is to Oceana, Orwell’s vision of a global America in 1984. In the second season, a strange woods woman named Danielle (who is actually a Dakini; a Tibetan spirit force) sends the islanders to find a man in a tree, Henry Gale (named after the uncle in The Wizard of Oz), who says he arrived there in a balloon (with a Smiley Face on it). The islanders imprison him and torture him because they don’t believe him. But John Locke, the wise old man, brings Henry Gale a copy of The Bros. K, as he understands that Henry Gale is the Christ, as it is when Christ was imprisoned and tormented by the Grand Inquisitor, a chapter in the Bros. K. (Henry Gale also has the Christ wound). When the islanders go to check out Henry Gale’s story, they find the balloon and a grave under it. In the grave is another man named Henry Gale. So Henry Gale not only represents the Christ, but as Krishna leaves behind his old skin for his Dance of Life and Death in the new Creation, so too Henry Gale/Christ leaves behind his old body and is “born again” in a new forum (and incidentally, the hatch in which Henry Gale is tortured in is an eight-cornered enterprise built by a group called “The Dharma Initiative” – it is a BaGua, which represents the eight stacks of the I Ching. And of course related to this, the new Christ, Henry Gale, comes in a tree).

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:46 am
Profile WWW

Post J. R.R. Tolkien & the Rings: Archon=Aragorn
Suzanne: Perhaps Archon = Aragorn. Was driving mostly in a trance from NC back to NH yesterday and as I crossed from Virginia to W. Virginia “Aragorn” popped into my head and I wondered what was the word you recalled in the previous entry: it was “Archon.” Perhaps this suggests Aragorn. Have long thought the Tolkien Rings trilogy a kind of “prophecy” – that is, from space/time or endless time or cosmic time to linear time, as the stories hail from the Earth Mother tradition of England & the Triple Goddess; Tolkien was professor of such early studies at Oxford, and as he describes the writing, the books seemed to come to him in a “trance” at around age 52 when men enter the “between” between the first two ages of life and the third (as did Dante’s Divine Comedy & Tolstoy’s religious writings). The three movies seem particularly relevant as they hit at the turn of the millennium and form a “return to earth” myth and a return to the Earth Mother tradition still alive in England in the lineage of the Queen - Tom Bombadil is described in Tolkien’s text in a perfect description of that consort of the Earth Mother, The Green Man. The three Rings books and movies seem to suggest: in the first; an end-game war with the Shadow at the end of the age of the specifically European Christian tradition (Age of Pisces - and those in the Anglosphere who so identify with that tradition; that would be the current President Bush embarked on a “religious” war against the second Piscean fish); in the second the “Twin Towers” became controversial because the World Trade Centers, known colloquially as the Twin Towers, fell as the movie opened; the Towers present a gate or portal to the second age or age awakening – the Trade Centers, built only in the ‘70s were sometimes photographed with the Sun rising between them as if in a tribal ritual (circle in square) on Earth Day (actually wrote my first newspaper article about this in 1977); the third “The Return of the King” calling to mind the return to the Self and the return to “nature” – Aragorn (Strider; i.e., a “walker” or “traveler”) & the “true” king and the earth-based tradition of the West. Your profile says “grandma” – perhaps you intuit this as you enter the third phase of the Triple Goddess (Maiden, Mother, Wise Woman) – this “king” figure could be someone from a military tradition who challenges the incumbent or “false king” as in our times military dress looks exactly like “green man” in fatigues – such a challenge is happening in your state’s Senate race today and maybe another is coming.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:51 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: J. R.R. Tolkien & the Rings: Archon=Aragorn
Bernie Quigley wrote:
Suzanne: Perhaps Archon = Aragorn. Was driving mostly in a trance from NC back to NH yesterday and as I crossed from Virginia to W. Virginia “Aragorn” popped into my head and I wondered what was the word you recalled in the previous entry: it was “Archon.” Perhaps this suggests Aragorn. Have long thought the Tolkien Rings trilogy a kind of “prophecy” – that is, from space/time or endless time or cosmic time to linear time, as the stories hail from the Earth Mother tradition of England & the Triple Goddess; Tolkien was professor of such early studies at Oxford, and as he describes the writing, the books seemed to come to him in a “trance” at around age 52 when men enter the “between” between the first two ages of life and the third (as did Dante’s Divine Comedy & Tolstoy’s religious writings). The three movies seem particularly relevant as they hit at the turn of the millennium and form a “return to earth” myth and a return to the Earth Mother tradition still alive in England in the lineage of the Queen...

Hello Bernie, Actually "The Archon" means something very specific but can have other associations. What is interesting about your post at this time is that I rarely watch any kind of movies or TV - except kid things since I was a nanny until two weeks ago and also now have to watch some as a grandma able to visit my grandkids more often - but I did over the last few months acquire all three of the Tolkien movies on DVD. My husband and I never seemed to get around to having a block of time in which to watch them - we had intended a marathon of them one after another on the same day. That will now be happening soon as I since my retirement from my 10-12 hour days as a nanny. I'll let you know what impression they have on me.

Suzanne

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:46 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Archon
. . . the fourth-century Gnostic. I have a picture of " . . . fourth-century Gnostic, Archon" in one of my esoteric books - an ancient (4 century) carving, and the two circles on his chest are rough approximations but almost identical to Remo's two circle symbols above . . . can't find it online. . . . the entirety of the Quigley in Exile text (read backwards, in way of the blog) was a text called "Entering Aquarius" I wrote in the last months of Dec. 2000 and first day of 2001 when I injured my ankle (Pisces) and couldn't walk; finishing it in a hotel in Chicago ("center of the world" - the Lakes region; Manitou) - at 4 am when my family was sleeping upstairs I completed the author's preface and water began pouring down the wall of the lobby where I was writing. Much fuss. An excentric Virginia Tech professor briefly infamous in those parts who wrote of pop culture and McCluhan was trying to get it published but when I spoke out against the invasion of Iraq on BBC we never spoke again . . . passed away recently . . . works better as a blog; the pictures work like an illuminated manuscript.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Archon
Bernie Quigley wrote:
. . . the fourth-century Gnostic. I have a picture of " . . . fourth-century Gnostic, Archon" in one of my esoteric books - an ancient (4 century) carving, and the two circles on his chest are rough approximations but almost identical to Remo's two circle symbols above . . . can't find it online. . . . the entirety of the Quigley in Exile text (read backwards, in way of the blog) was a text called "Entering Aquarius" I wrote in the last months of Dec. 2000 and first day of 2001 when I injured my ankle (Pisces) and couldn't walk; finishing it in a hotel in Chicago ("center of the world" - the Lakes region; Manitou) - at 4 am when my family was sleeping upstairs I completed the author's preface and water began pouring down the wall of the lobby where I was writing. Much fuss. An excentric Virginia Tech professor briefly infamous in those parts who wrote of pop culture and McCluhan was trying to get it published but when I spoke out against the invasion of Iraq on BBC we never spoke again . . . passed away recently . . . works better as a blog; the pictures work like an illuminated manuscript.

Hello Bernie, This is interesting that we have developed this dialogue kind of on the side of other folks' current discussions right now. When I saw your first post, the one with Arnold on the white horse, I could not even get my way through that post. I felt some kind of hostility toward you for I suppose seeming to goofily politicize these metaphysical matters. That's unsual to start with because I am usually a kind of open person. Then when you posted the palm tree coming out of the ocean pic, I wound up at your blog as described in my earlier reply to that and synchonistically came up with a somewhat matching Gnostic palm tree image from another source. I saved your picture with your kids to my computer, for I knew then what kind of good at heart person you must be. So, here we are, and the input you have been mentioning has been very helpful in my inward journeys the last few days. I am going back again to my grandkids this evening. I am sure you know how well those little ones can keep us high flying minds more grounded enough in everyday life not to become too precariously divorced inwardly from this mortal realm.

Suzanne

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:19 am
Profile Personal album

Post pop culture
. . . hope I could be of help. I stay with pop culture although I live in fairly ancient ways in a very ancient house, but come to pop culture via Jung's sojourn with D.T. Suzuki. Dr. Zuzuki is a good guide for those in the West I think because Japan, like Europe, has long been rational and analytical - and so is Dr. Suzuki. Zen says this moment is the crisis moment; this is the living moment; all aspects of time as amplifications and aspects of this moment. That is the essence of Zen. And if the bodhisattva or the Christ was there then he is there in this moment. The gods are the same, the masks are different, and if the Greek Muses manifest the Triple Goddess archetype, so do the Dixie Chicks. Advanced more into it after my son passed along Dr. David Rosen's - Jung professor and psychiatrist at Texas A & M - book "The Tao of Elvis," about Elvis's dream of Jesus. I raised my babies in the western parts of Virginia and North Carolina and found the mountains there to be sacred places. There is on-line somewhere something I wrote about dreaming in Virgniia and dreaming in New Hampshire in a correspondence with the novelist Curtis White. I think it still comes up if you Google "Bernie Quigley Curtis White."

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:41 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 pm

very interesting thread but nothing about the bear with the ball?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Post "something" with the bear and the ball

Jung :The whole thing, it seems to me, expresses coming events that are still hidden in the archetypal realm. The anima, clearly, has her mind on spiritual contents. But the bear, the emblem of Russia, sets the ball rolling. Hence the inscription: Ursa movet molem. ["the she bear moves the mass.

In one of my dreams, I was playing football with childhood friends , the ball seemed to be alchemy. (ball=alchemy)

wikipedia : On 2 December 2010, FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced the winning bids at FIFA's headquarters in Zurich. Russia was chosen to host the 2018 World Cup, and Qatar was chosen to host the 2022 World Cup.[105] This made Russia the first Eastern European country to host the World Cup, while Qatar would be the first Middle Eastern country to host the World Cup.[106][107] Blatter noted that the committee had decided to "go to new lands" and reflected a desire to "develop football" by bringing it to more countries.[108]

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Post Re: Carl Jung's Pegasus Vision and the psychophysical realit
Jean Markale, " Les Dames du Graal" :
<< [...] And the boy tells him that if he wants to discover the path to the castle of the grail, he should first go to a hill atop which stands a column of copper.[...] Perceval overtook the crosses and looked again the column. Was there a ring fixed [...] Perceval, who doubts nothing, tied his horse to the ring. And nothing happens. Or rather there is something going on that he had not planned. A woman comes, mounted on a white mare and stops in front of him.[...]the woman said not a word but approaches the horse and lavished abundant demonstrations of friendship. It shocks Perceval, who asks the woman to leave his horse alone. Then the woman replies, "all who live on this earth should honor your horse and your body, and bow before them lower than one does in a church before an altar [...] you tied your horse ring attached to the column: you can boast of having accomplished in that day that ever did knight without being punished[...] >>

Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 am

Post Re: Carl Jung's Pegasus Vision and the psychophysical realit
I want to add here another good amplification of the 'ball' from The Hero with A Thousand Faces:

p. 344-345 from the section, The Hero as Lover:
"The most eloquent and deep-driving of the traits in this colorful adventure of Cuchulainn is that of the unique, invisible path, which was opened to the hero with the rolling of the wheel and the apple. This is to be read as symbolic and instructive of the miracle of destiny. To a man not led astray from himself by sentiments stemming from the surfaces of what he sees, but courageously responding to the dynamics of his own nature--to a man who is, as Nietzsche phrases it, "a wheel rolling of itself"--difficulties melt and the unpredictable highway opens as he goes.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2