UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 am

[ 7 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Questions for remo 

Post Questions for remo
Remo - A couple of areas I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on. Feel free to ignore this if the time isn't right.

1- what if any connection is there between the bipolar energy term and recent hypotheses about dark matter/dark energy

2- With regard to Jung's development of his types theory and AI, pending publication of the black and red books sometime in the future, it seems that the best descripitons of his experiencee between the break with Freud and publishing Psycological Types is from the 1925 analytical psych. seminars.

He mentions his attempt to reconcile the different approaches of Freud and Adler and his initial model where extraversion and feeling were tightly linked as were introversion and thinking.
He also discusses some of the development of the male/female animus/anima concepts and how he worked with the unconscious, eventually settling on the AI approach and the transcendent function concpet, although some of his actual descriptions sound like some Eros consciousness was involved but not recognized as such.

Also, never any really distinct description of the somatic awareness aspect of introverted feeling.

How do you see these developments/omissions ?

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:33 pm
Founder

Post Tom's questions aim at the core of the subject
Tom

As always, you ask the decisive questions !!!

Sometimes I have the feeling that you are my femme inspiratrice. However, you are a man. Thus, it seems that your creative Anima asks these questions.

For the moment I am absorbed by other topics, which are however intimately related to your questions. Thus, as soon as possible I will answer them. They point at the heart of Carl Jung's psychology and at the topics he was not yet able to realize.

Why do not more people ask these deepest questions of our time?

Best

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

I am greatly enjoying re-reading the 1925 seminar as well as Zarathustra and Edinger's commentary on Aion with your insights regarding hermetic alchemy, eros consciousness and acausality. I like to jump around a lot. A few impressions:

1- perhaps the first report of tachycardia for Jung was reading Kraft - Eberling's preface in the book on the insane. Jung's colleagues thought he was crazy to go into psychology.

2- very nice summary by Jung of how his thinking evolved over the years while writing. Including diferent twists and turns and areas of uncertainty.

3-his growing appreciation of the subjective factor and his caution in making statements about the feminine

4- still many suppositions about the feminine including the "animal" going all the way up into the brain of women, but staying down in the low spine in men's consciousness

5- interesting along this line that part of his deification was the face turning into that of a lion

6-the inner sun in the cave vision seems like the center of logos consciousness which is obscured by hundreds of thousands of snakes

7-Jung's further fantasy includes 2 snakes, the white and the black. They struggle which ends with the head of the black snake turning white. then comes deification and healing. Sounds more like decapitation and body centered imagination with the result of healing with Salome no longer blind and tears being shed.

8- interesting twin and snake images in Aion. Egyptian twins involved sacrifice of evil twin. Christianity involved sacrifice of good twin. crucified on cross, cross often entwined with a single black serpent. Good docetic apocrypha about the holy ghost twin descending on Christ, then forsaking him on the cross.

Individual vs collective stone image from Shepherd of hermas. Good imagery of age of ram to age of fishes to age of water carrier.

This leads me to see the caduceus as having 2 snakes associated with it. and the outer twin towers BOTH being demolished on 9/11.

9- interesting mention in zarathustra of the doctor who was the father of anesthesiology suggesting that personality was derived from the body and sympathetic nervous system as he observed that many personalities renmained intact after various brain injuries.

9 seems like a good number.

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:45 pm
Founder

Post Re: Questions for remo
Tom wrote:
1- what if any connection is there between the bipolar energy term and recent hypotheses about dark matter/dark energy

Tom & All

This is in fact a question I had to ask. The trouble is that in physics dark matter and dark energy are of course looked at as purely physical facts. I am however argueing on the psychophysical level beyond physics and depth psychology. In my terminology: Beyond outer and inner (collective) spirit-psyche, or beyond physical and objective psychic energy.

If we accept such a deeper level -- and the neglection of such an acceptance is the big problem in discussions with physicists -- we can integrate my bipolar energy concept. It is of course what I call the matter-psyche, which we have to integrate.

Now, what is matter-psyche in the terminology of physics? I guess in fact that matter-psyche has to do with dark matter and/or dark energy. Perhaps it is even the same thing. The proof for such a hypothesis is however only possible if dark matter/energy will show attributes that cannot be explained with the help of physical means.

Perhaps what physics calls negative energy is the same thing as dark energy. Perhaps even what it calls space energy (vacuum energy; zero point energy, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_constant and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy ) is the same as the other two.

When Paul Dirac invented his so-called Dirac equation for the electron, the first equation which unifed the Special Relativity Theory and Quantum Mechanics, he had to accept that this equation leads to positive as well as to negative energy. The latter behaves however "completely nonphysical," which means that it slows down a body when supplied to it. This is exactly the contrary (negative!) of the physical expectation.

Thus, we have to look at negative energy in a psychophysical way. I guess that it means exactly this slowing down. We will enter a time in which we are forced to slow down. Be it with the help of a physical disease, ie a coming pandemy, be it because of outer circumstances. The latter could be further UFO/"ET" encounters and abductions. What we can conclude in a genereal way is surely the fact that "negative energy" will have the effect that we will be forced to a vegetative life, ie a life in what I call the Eros consciousness. This means slowness, immobility (attachment to a certain place), imaginative and meditative states, etc. It is in fact the "Muslim in us," we will be forced to live. Since Muslims live this state much more than we do, the Western world projects now the devil onto Islamic people.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:53 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: Questions for remo
Remo Roth wrote:
Thus, we have to look at negative energy in a psychophysical way. I guess that it means exactly this slowing down. We will enter a time in which we are forced to slow down. Be it with the help of a physical disease, ie a coming pandemy, be it because of outer circumstances.

I forgot to say that the prerequisite for this slackening is an acceleration. This acceleration becomes faster and faster and then the breakdown will come.

I guess further that the scenario will be similar to the events in elementary particle physics: For finding new elementary particles physicists accelerate particles in the so-called accelerators. The more energy is supplied the faster the particles move. The physicists then were very perplexed when they found at such a higher energy level the fact that always two new particles (and not only one) were created, which lived further a million times a million times longer than expected. They called this phenomenon -- STRANGNESS. In my book The Quest for God (in German and Italian) I showed the phenomenological equivalence of physical strangeness with synchronicity. Thus, we can expect that many, many very strange synchronicities will happen. But it seems that none of the powerful people accepts these hints of the "king's jester."

When even more energy is supplied to a particle, a new phenomenon arises. Physics calls it -- CHARM. Particles containing a charm and an anti-charm quark are created. I guess that the psychophysical complement to this process is what Hermetic alchemy called the coniunctio or the unio corporalis, the Holy Wedding of a god and a goddess. As I further guess, in these phenomena energy/matter with increased negentropy is created. My supposition is that UFOs, "ETs" and crop circles belong to this creation process. Since this process happens however unconsciously, it has in most cases destructive consequences. Further it seems to be some sort of a Pauli effect, now however experienced by the mass.

On the psychic/psychophysical level it will perhaps be a collective anxiety neurosis with the corresponding suspicion -- as we see it (together with the compensating aggression) since 9/11 more and more in the US. The aggression would here be the psychophysical acceleration, the anxiety neurosis the resulting slowing down. Perhaps it will be a pandemia, or a nuclear war as a result of such irrational anxieties. In any case the result will however be a new slowness -- a return of the culture of the Islam, be it concretely, be it symbolically.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:07 am
Profile WWW

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_constant

"....There is no evidence that the vacuum energy does vary, but it may be the case if, for example, the vacuum energy is (even in part) the potential of a scalar field such as the residual inflaton (also see quintessence). It should be noted that there are good reasons to be wary of excessive use of the anthropic principle and much current research is aimed at understanding the observed vacuum energy density by non-anthropic means."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintessence_%28physics%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintessence

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Post the split of Love and Power
We all know the expression "the Power of Love". Ultimately, the only power that should lead in this (or any) world is surely this very power, Love, which is essentially the power of compassion. The event of the splitting of the atom can be seen as a concrete demonstration of 'ego' or logos power, which has resulted in a fragmentation of the essential equation above --- so that now an understanding of "Power" (and what it really means) is effectively split off from the concept of "Love".

Simply put, with the creation of the nuclear bomb we have given ourselves the 'structural' (read: concrete or fact-based) go-ahead to believe that there really is another power other than that of Love (ie. a sense of compassion for what is 'other' as well as for ourselves - in effect, an understanding of a larger connectivity). In other words, we now believe also, almost exclusively, in the power of the will, of our ego [& along with it a hyper-stimulatory exaggerated sense of our own creative capacity, our own superiority over nature] , in what we can 'will-fully' manifest. Meanwhile, somewhere else within, however unconsciously, we also still retain our sense of the truth of Love as 'the glue' that somehow keeps us together.

It seems, therefore, that the demonstration of logos power through nuclear fission has acted as a kind of 'pact with the devil', for with this demonstration the concept of 'power' has, in effect, been split off from its natural twin, perhaps: the concept of 'Love'. It seems to me, therefore, that 'Love' as an essential overarching truth has thus been unconsciously forced into a position of a collective shadow aspect. We only seem to know Love these days in its fragmented form, through its' small 'L' manifestations, in other words, as sentimentality at its' worst (consumer driven), and as a kind of 'sympathic response' at its' best it seems. Neither of these fragmentations can fulfill us heart and soul. Love in its smaller forms has actually now been appropriated and is 'sold' back to us by the media, is fed to us by corporations as a kind of panacea for all ills (those feel-good commercials become like another addiction - we long for another hit of the 'chocolate of love'). It seems that Love (with a capitol "L") has been removed from the equation by the fundamentalist power complex. First they would convince us that Love is, in fact, GONE, unless of course we would concede all to the Father God - for this Papa Church will reward us by telling us how 'good' we are, which should be enough to satisfy us... This is akin to what the powers that be then actually do, which is to feed a small 'L" love back to us, through sound-bites, just as feeding pablum to babies. Thus does the power complex retain its control over us. We have been convinced that we can no longer create anything of our own - which means that we believe that the essential power of big LOVE is no longer available to each of us personally, individually. We have become convinced that if we were to believe in Love, with a capitol L, we would in some sense be branded as heretics!

It is all, however, essentially, a hoax. But what a hoax, what a production! No wonder we feel empty --- in fact, "Love - less" - as individuals, as a culture. It is a kind of epidemic, it seems. Ironically perhaps even the very epidemic that we fear will occur on the outside has taken place symbolically already on the inside - . If we lack for our true Love (as opposed to love substitutes or love in its fragmented forms alone) we are already placed in a weakened condition. This makes us susceptible to all forms of anxiety and aggression, leading to who knows what outcome, as Remo speaks of above.

((As I understand it, this equation is precisely why it is possible for the Western world to project the 'devil' onto Islam, onto the Muslim faith. Our dirty little secret which we hold so apart from ourselves (with such pride...) is in truth, the secret of 'big' Love itself. Perhaps someone could express this all more clearly, but it does seem that something like this has, in fact, already been accomplished. ))

Unfortunately, the ultimate concept of Love has now been eroded both in the west and in the east. The original Muslim faith, which as most faith originally is, was Eros or Love based, is now also as fundamentalized and driven by patriarchal power mongering as has been the general case with all major religions. State and religion become fused together again in a frightening bid for power through this rapidly spreading and deadening fundamentalism. It seems that the entire world picture is one of exhaustion due to logos dominance. For this exhaustion there is no proper deep rest, it seems -- to accomplish this would require the acceptance of the dominance of another stronger power in this world, that of Love, 'essential connectivity', on a mass basis.

As Remo states above, our accelerated world state can only find its way back round (as with the Wheel of Fortune or Destiny) to a mass 'de-acceleration', a deceleration. This seems to be the way the law of Nature works. We will be forced now, it seems, into entropy of some kind first of all, in order that the balance of things can once again begin to be righted. This process, a movement into 'slowness' spoken of above by Remo, is initially bound to be very chaotic. If some individuals can accomplish any small amount of 'connection' again within themselves, using their own 'wholebody intelligence', as in BCI processing or the wu wei/meditational attitude, it seems a complimentary jump-start on a more collective level might possibly be ennabled. It is to be hoped that achieving an understanding of personal inner serenity/peacefulness [which needless to say includes withdrawing our projections as best we can and accepting the shadow-self ] - a potentially incredibly creative act - can bring back our trust in the 'inner glue' of Love, thus helping to directly negate the destructive aspect of pride around the creation of the nuclear bomb. As elsewhere posted, Love actually constitutes the 'anti-bomb' to its' spit-off sibling Power. As Remo has clearly shown time and again, the Holy Wedding of Hermetic alchemy is exactly symbolic of the process of re-constitution that we need so badly in the world today.

(hope with this post I did not disturb the flow of your very interesting and evolving process of questionning, Tom - thanks for that and your other astute observations - )

Kristin

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]