UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:25 pm

[ 11 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Carl Jung's death synchronicity 
Founder

Post Carl Jung's death synchronicity
See http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#5066

Quote:
Synchronicity with the tree split by the lightning
When Carl Jung died on June 6, 1961 (6/6!) the big tree besides his house was split in two by a lightning. I always interpreted this as a symbol of the union of the archetypal masculine principle with the archetypal feminine principle, the Holy Wedding, the (second) coniunctio, the Hierosgamos. Some years ago I realized that this event could symbolically express the fact that something left unfinished in his life. Today I know that it was the inclusion of the phenomenology of the Holy Wedding into his theory, since he was not really able to include the Hermetic alchemical myth in it.

It seems that BCI, as shown in the above example, is the empirical solution. I am trying to find the theory behind such phenomena.

Remo

PS: Jung was buried on June 9, 1961 -- exactly 46 years before today, June 9, 2007. My theory tries to combine the quaternity (#4) with the Seal of Solomon (#6) ...

I'd like to open a new thread with what I call today Carl Jung's death synchronicity: He died on 6/6/1961, and exactly in this moment as I wrote above, the tree besides his house was split in two.

A death synchronicity seems to show us that something in the life of a human remained open, as for example in Pauli's 137/death synchronicity, see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=186 . It shows the problem the concerning human was not yet able to solve.

In Carl Jung's case the death synchronicity has to do with the double 6 on the one hand and with the split tree on the other.

First the lightning and the tree: It is a coniuctio of the masculine principle -- Zeus enters Semele as a the lightning and like this fertilizes Dionysos (literally: "limping Zeus"). Since in this procedure she burns, he liberates Dionysos and goes pregnant with him for the rest of the time. Like this he begins to limp, which is the reason for the name of the child: Dionysos = limping Zeus -- and the feminine principle. In my interpretation this coniunctio represents also the Hermetic alchemic myth, the Holy Wedding, the unio corporalis of which I talk extendendly in The Holy Wedding, http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... ntents.htm

The second symbol is 6/6. In my theory there are two structures determined by #6. They describe the two possible ways how the so-called twin process, the increase of negentropy (of the "life essence") can be happen: In the first case Carl Jung's objective psychic energy gets an increased negentropy, higher life essence. It is the case of synchronicity, in which new knowledge with "higher life essence" is created. In the second case it is an incarnation of matter with higher life essence, which is incarnated. Since we are not conscious of this incarnation processes constellated today, they are demonstrated as UFO encounter and abduction phenomena. With the help of Body Centered Imagination we could however help to consciously incarnate this new matter/energy with increased negentropy.

Any comments?

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

Leuce was a nymph in Greek mythology, daughter of Oceanus, carried off by Hades, the god of the underworld. She was metamorphosed by Persephone into a white poplar tree while standing by the pool of Memory.

Heracles on his way back from his Twelfth Labour wove himself a wreath from the white poplar tree, or aspen. The outer leaves remained black, the colour of the underworld, but the leaves in contact with his brow became silver-white by his sweat. Thus the white poplar was sacred to him, signifying that he has laboured in both worlds.

The white poplar was also sacred to Persephone as Goddess of Regeneration.

A tree stump is the outer form of a dead tree, and therefore is the botanic counterpart of its soul and is symbolic of the departed human soul.

Lightning is symbolic of the flash of enlightenment, sudden transformation.

Thank you

Lewis

"I do not want anyone to be a Jungian... I want people above all to be themselves... Should I be found one day only to have created another 'ism' then I will have failed in all I tried to do." Carl Jung

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:18 pm

I'd like to open a new thread with what I call today Carl Jung's death synchronicity: He died on 6/6/1961, and exactly in this moment as I wrote above, the tree besides his house was split in two.

At first I misread it like this: "...the three besides his house was split in two" and was really surprised. Well, three split in two would give us six?

Well, for me personally tree always symbolized a World Tree of Life - mainly in Slavic and Norse mythology. So it's split is not only an injury to life, but a disconnection of some parts of the world? And lightning is a result of a great electric tension between ground and sky. Also, it is important to state that though we see a lightning coming from above, the real energy transfer is backwards - most of the charge flows from the ground to the clouds through the body of a lightning.

So maybe it was a symbol of not only his 'mental' legacy to us, but a symbol of his 'flaming spirit' finally breaking free from the matter (first part of alchemical opus)? Body is destroyed, but his soul (speaking metaphysically or psychologically) still lives and acts somewhere 'beyond', in the spirit's realm? It's a wild guess, based more on a feeling, and I still don't know what that may mean to us in a practical sense.

By the way, that somehow reminded me of Nicola Tesla and his obsession with number 3. I don't know why I've remembered it now, so I'll check it later more thoroughly.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 pm

By the way, that somehow reminded me of Nicola Tesla and his obsession with number 3. I don't know why I've remembered it now, so I'll check it later more thoroughly.

Tesla Engineers Killed in Plane Crash

This comes from a source called Mercury News. 8) 8) 8) ...it happened yesterday around the time you posted.

A Tesla Motors spokesman said the San Mateo County coroner will identify three (emphasis Michael's) people who died aboard a small plane crash in East Palo Alto at a news conference at noon today.

The Mercury News has learned through sources close to the company that the deceased are: Doug Bourn of Santa Clara, a senior electrical engineer; Andrew Ingram of Palo Alto, an electrical engineer; and Brian M. Finn of East Palo Alto; a senior manager of interactive electronics.

Neither Tesla spokesman Khobi Brooklyn nor the coroner this morning would formally name the victims who were on board a Cessna that clipped a power line a mile away from the Palo Alto Airport about 8 a.m. Wednesday. The plane crashed down into an East Palo Alto neighborhood, but miraculously did not injure anyone on the ground.

The Cessna was registered to Bourn, who had his commercial and multi-engine pilot's licenses.

Roxsana Hadjizadeh, who used to work with Bourn at Tesla and who now works at Cisco Systems, remembered the 56-year-old as a man who used technology to help humanity.

The two joined the emergency response team at Tesla, and Bourn made it his responsibility to buy the proper gear. She said he volunteered at hospitals every year.

She said he also used his love of high-tech gadgetry to inspire students. He volunteered as a robotics mentor at Castilleja School in Palo Alto, among other activities with young people. He was a popular speaker at conventions, including
Advertisement
at events hosted by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Institution for Electrical and Electronic Engineers.

He was an avid sky diver and pilot. He had been teaching other Tesla employees how to fly during the evenings.

"I used to tell him that if I was single, I would have joined him in parachuting with other Tesla employees," she said. "But I couldn't risk my life for my daughter's sake."

Klaus Schaaf, a friend of Finn's, e-mailed Good Morning Silicon Valley writer John Murrell a sad note about losing a friend.

"Brian was one of the most passionate automotive engineers I have ever met," Schaaf wrote. "Cars, that was his world."

The two met in Madison, Wis., where Finn was working on something called "active noise cancellation for cars." He had developed a digital voice enhancement system to make it easier for drivers and passengers to speak in bigger vehicles, like vans, Schaaf wrote. Finn loved to mentor young engineers, including Schaaf's son at San Jose State University, and ecology was a major concern for him, Schaaf wrote.

Like Bourn, Finn also loved hiking and being in the outdoors.

No one knows whether it was a mechanical problem with the plane, or Wednesday's heavy fog that may have contributed to the crash, which left an East Palo Alto neighborhood looking like a war zone. The plane was headed from Palo Alto to Hawthorne Municipal Airport in Los Angeles County, where Tesla has a design studio.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Well... grim news, but it's interesting not only that there were three of them, but also that plane clipped a power line - a Tesla's legacy of some sort.

Maybe it's a sign that there was more than simple engineering in his life? You know, in one of the fantasy worlds we've built with my friends, Tesla was a prototype of a god of technology - and I wouldn't call him benevolent ) Spiritual and even mystic aspect of his life is still mostly ignored, and that may be dangerous to modern scientists and engineers.

I wonder - will we at some point see so-called 'jungeans' going completely insane 'en masse'? Well, it's a joke, of course, but nonetheless...

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Post How Cosmic Forces Shape Our Destiny
Spurred by Wayfarer's interest in Tesla, I just looked up a writing of his entitled "How Cosmic Forces Shape Our Destiny" and found this quote of interest:

Quote:
In the early stages of intellectual development man was conscious of but a small part of the macrocosm. He knew nothing of the wonders of the microscopic world, of the molecules composing it, of the atoms making up the molecules and of the dwindlingly small world of electrons within the atoms. To him life was synonymous with voluntary motion and action. A plant did not suggest to him what it does to us—that it lives and feels, fights for its existence, that it suffers and enjoys. Not only have we found this to be true, but we have ascertained that even matter called inorganic, believed to be dead, responds to irritants and gives unmistakable evidence of the presence of a living principle within.

I am wondering how he came to the conclusion that matter "responds to irritants and gives unmistakable evidence of the presence of a living principle within. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Michael

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Post Re: How Cosmic Forces Shape Our Destiny
Michael wrote:
I am wondering how he came to the conclusion that matter "responds to irritants and gives unmistakable evidence of the presence of a living principle within". Any thoughts?

Well, there is much still unknown about Tesla - both his personality and work. But it's possible to imagine (to some extent) his perception of our world - like a great interconnected and resonating system of forces and their 'manifestations'. He always relayed on some sort of intuition in his work, and many of his machine designs had to be reworked, because most of it was still 'in his head'. Maybe he didn't know how to transfer it properly in our reality with it's mere three dimensions anyway? )

My point is - It's not hard to believe that world is alive even in it's smallest parts with such perception. It's hard not to believe it, I think )

Jan wrote:
It felt like I could vegetatively relate to their 'ba soul'. I guess one can vegetatively relate to whatever they do to physical energy, and it even seems like one could speek of an 'after life' with respect to these mere machines. I hope this doesn't sound too crazy, and somehow comes across the way I'd like to get it across. It is part of a 'seperate reality' that can 'peacefully co-habitate' with ordinary states of consciousness.

Oh well, I do work with 'ba soul' of various electronic devices almost everyday, so it's not a 'crazy-talk' in any way. Of course, to attribute human feelings, emotions and thoughts to machines would be plainly wrong - but there do exist some sort of a life in them, and, as a live beings, we can communicate with them in some way. For example, 'gut feeling' is always correct about working state of a mechanism or it's part - it never failed me in all these years. It's like hearing someone complaining about his problems - even if you don't understand his language, you can guess by his tone that 'something is wrong'.

Jan wrote:
And isn't this what all the Hollywood imagery about robots rising to consciousness is really about? So this is what we seem to be facing: Machina Sapiens, and we need to find a way of 'vegetatively relating' to the 'technoevolution'. Just some thoughts and personal experiences, which seem to belong here. Some theorists believe that the WWW is already a nervous system of such a globalized machine of co-habitant technoevolution. I'm not sure, I've always felt this was yet too 'concretistic', and that it really talked about the unio corporalis, the second phase of the holy wedding, and 'projected' it onto matter. I do believe it may be possible to actually 'co-create' such a real world manifestation in these 'projections'. The psychoanalytical expression does not reach far enough. I wonder whether the whole anxiety about a 'technoevolution', which will eventually take over and dispense of us, is still an expression of that 'alien aspect', which you have mentioned, and which belongs to the unio mentalis, and it's freeing of the spirit from it's material confinement?

You picked up a very interesting topic here - somewhat dark and unsettling, but interesting and important to me. What you say about 'technoevolution' resonates greatly with some of my Tarot visions - of High Priestess, Hierophant and Sun mostly. I consider it a dire warning - if we won't find a way to integrate our Logos Self of Humanity with the Prima Materia, a repressed soul of Matter - her powers could manifest themselves in a disastrous way (remember Dansing Kali?). Warnings are already trying to get to our collective consciousness - just look at modern culture and it's 'myths'. I think I'll start another thread about it, and for now just add here a picture of 'Deus Ex Machina' - a 'machine god' from 'Matrix' trilogy:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Post All is full of Love
Thank you both for your insightful responses. Here is a video I find related to the discussion:

Bjork - All is full of Love

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]