UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:53 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
 The World-Clock Vision, #2 and #3, and AION 
Founder

Post The World-Clock Vision, #2 and #3, and AION
In the Mandala thread I wrote:

Quote:
Many years later I found a quote of Wolfgang Pauli, which showed me the meaning of the 2 and the 3 completely. When I wrote my thesis, I realized (in Marcel Granet: La Pensée Chinoise) that in Taoism #2 is the beginning of the series of the even numbers, and thus a symbol of the feminine goddess, of yin, and #3 is the beginning of the series of the odd numbers and like this a symbol of the masculine god, of yang. [One, the original unit, doesn'c count; thus the masculine series begins with 3]

I open now a new thread with the topic of the relationship between #2 and #3. We have seen the symbolism of them in Taoism. They mean the coniunctio in the moment yin and yang come together and create the Tao. This is a complete parallel to the Hermetic alchemical motif of the unio corporalis or of the Hierosgamos, the Holy Wedding.

I do not know if Wolfgang Pauli knew of this symbolism. I guess he did. In a letter of 1950 he brings in a very new aspect. He mentions that #3 is connected to the continuum, ie to causality and determinism, #2 with the discontinuum, ie to acausality and indeterminism.

Pauli argues that the three rhythms of the world-clock vision (see below) are in fact not causally connected, but acausally, though in the vision there exists an obvious causal relationship between the three rhythms. The reason for an acausal relationship is the fact that for him the two slower rhythms are not at all rhythms, but different “niveaux mentals”. Thus the idea is that there are “abaissements du niveau mental”, ie a slackening of the tensity of consciousness [CW 9/I, § 213], connected to #3.

If we accept the Eros ego/Eros Self hypothesis, we see that Pauli was very close to it. He talks of different levels of consciousness (“niveaux mentals”), cannot however yet seen that the latter is a different consciousness and not just a “slackening”; and of course he does not know the Eros Self.

We can conclude that #3 has therefore an intimate relationship with quantum physics and its discontinuous energy term. [In some way the energy term in quantum physics becomes thus integer, digital. Remember the fascination for the digitalization of today, not only in the PC, but everywhere; and that the digitalization has repressed the analog world, the continuum!)

According to Pauli #2 is however connected to the continuum, and thus to causality and determinism. #2 becomes like this a symbol of the continuous energy term, as in the causal Newton's physics (classical physics).

#2 and #3 become like this symbols for the causal and for the acausal world respectively, thus for Newton's physics and Einstein's spacetime (which is causal) on the one hand, and acausal, indeterministic quantum physics on the other.

As I have shown elsewhere, the coniunctio can also be described by the series:

Quote:
causal world -> indeterministic quantum leap -> new causal world

or

Quote:
[quaternity --> Seal of Solomon -> new quaternity]

This transformation we can now also write as

Quote:
#2 -> #3 -> #2

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post 3 -> 4 and 2 -> 3
Thus, as already Wolfgang Pauli had mentioned, the real trouble is not the step from 3 to 4, as Carl Jung believed (and projected into the Axiom of Maria Prophetissa), but the step from 2 to 3 (and/or from 3 to 2). In a letter he writes that symbolically seen this in fact his trouble, and not Jung's 3/4 symbolism.

Of course, Carl Jung was not able to understand Pauli concerning the difference.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Wolfgang Pauli's World-clock vision
Before we can go on, we should first know a little how exactly the today famous World-clock vision of Pauli looks like.

In his work Carl Jung described the world-clock vision twice. The first time he wrote an article about Pauli's dreams and visions, with the world-clock vision of November 1932 as the crowning closure. He had a lecture about these dreams at the Eranos conference in Ascona, Switzerland in 1935, and the article was published in 1936 in the Eranos Jahrbuch 1935. Today in CW 12, §§ 307; the world-clock vision in §§ 307.

The second time Carl Jung mentions the world-clock vision in his work Religion and Psychology, in the so-called Terry Lectures, of 1940. Today in CW 11, §§ 108.

I am quoting from CW 12, § 307:
Quote:
The 'GREAT VISION':

There is a vertical and a horizontal circle, having a common centre. This is the world clock. It is supported by the black bird.

The horizontal circle consists of four colours. On it stand four lttle men with pendulums, and round about it is laid the ring that was once dark and is now golden (formerly carried by the children).

The 'clock' has three rhythms or pulses:

1. The small pulse: the pointer on the blue verical disc advances by 1/32.

2. The middle pulse: one complete revolution of the pointer. At the same time the horizontal circle advances by 1/32.

3. The great pulse: 32 middle pulses are equal to one revoution of the golden ring.

For the reason of having a more clear view, I'm showing once again the image, this time colored by Suzanne Gieser:

[Source: A drawing by W. Myers-Brown, from F. David Peat, Synchronicity: The Bridge between Matter and Mind, London, 1987, colored by Suzanne Gieser, published in her book: The Innermost Kernel, Depth Psychology and Quantum Physics, Wolfgang Pauli's Dialoge with C.G. Jung, Springer, Berlin, 2005, p. 189.]

We see that the world-clock vision is a double mandala I talked of in the Mandala thread. Its structure is very similar to the double wheel of Ezekiel, and of course also to my mandala. Thus we can already here hypothetically assume that the three mandalas talk about the same phenomenon and process.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The blue color and acausality
As I have mentioned in another place, Pauli critisized Jung's interpretation of the blue color of the vertical disc as the blue coat of the Holy Mary. He gives other, contradicting amplifications, which have to do with the Blue Flower of German Romanticism and with its magic, with the corn flower of Demeter, and thus with the earth -- and the earthworms Pauli had a very positive relation with, in contrast to wasps (he had a life-long wasp phobia).

In another place Pauli speaks in a disparaging manner also of the Holy Mary after the Assumption as "disinfected matter" in Heaven.

In the above mentioned letter he critisizes further indirectly Jung because of the complete causal interpretation of the world clock vision. Jung amplifies with a vision of the paradise of a Guillaume de Digulleville, a prior of an abbey who wrote about the vision at about 1340. In 1950 in Pauli's mind it's beginning to dawn on the fact that the three rhythms could be acausally connected. Like this the 3 rhythms mean, as we have seen, discontinuity, and the 4 (ie the fourfold division of the horizontal circle) and thus also the 2 mean continuity.

The important aspect of Pauli's thoughts is the fact that he brings in the acausality. Jung was not able to see this aspect, since he amplified only with medieval and earlier material. In my opinion, this is a very severe insufficiency of Carl Jung's amplification method. As long as we do not integrate amplifications with quantum physical principles, we cannot go a step further, and like this overcome the split between physics and science in general on the one hand, and Carl Jung's depth psychology on the other.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

This is a copy of Kristin's post. I edited it instead of quoting it. I guess I must give up my admin rights...

Great new thread, Remo.

The pale, 'sterilized' blue of the Virgin Mary (of Jung's first understanding) would be supplanted then (in our new causal equation which you've provided above), by the dark (indigo) blue of the goddess Kali (which goes with Pauli's vision):
Quote:
" Kali is so-called because she devours Kala (Time)and then resumes Her own dark formlessness". Garland of Letters, by Sir John Woodroffe, p235

The Goddess Kali corresponds with the 'void', the hidden 11th sephiroth of Da-ath on the Tree of Life. If only to add to the wild correspondences, last night I dreamt of all of this stuff once again, only to arrive at another equation: " hole is whole " , or " hole/whole" , which I knew in the dream meant "the hole is the thing, it is (or, it 'creates') the whole" . Your own mandala is a testament to the equation, I think (as is perhaps the she-bear in Jung's inscription, rolling the sphere before her, 'the whole', as she comes out of her cave (if I am correct and that really is a cave I saw there...)).

Also, what about the amazing similarity of the outer golden ring of the World Clock with the rings of planet Saturn, astrologically known as Father Time?

(Pauli's World Clock Vision and its' ultimate meaning corresponds so well with the 'abstract' time continuoum dreams we have spoken about in other threads on the forum. It is uncanny that such a model appeared to him and that he remembered it well enough to illustrate it for us here!)

BTW , for anyone interested, there is a new article (March 25) in the "New Scientist" called 'Celestial Express', which postulates that some scientists are in agreement that there exist 'gravitational corridors between all major bodies in the solar system, a network of shifting tunnels that could allow spaceships (!) to travel using very little energy (!) '. In other words, an invisible network of the solar system.

This discovery must attest to the urgency we feel now internally for an understanding of the underlying acausal phenomena. Of course, I believe it's true that there are such things in fact, but it is within the 'new causal vision' that they actually exist, and we must try to come to this internally (ERos SElf) as well now, not just through new 'external' insights. I am convinced, though, that some people have to 'fake it til they make it' - these will be the people that must be presented with so much of this new type of quantumn material from outside, that finally they capitulate and finally have an honest 'inner' experience of the acausal reality, which they then fully accept as TRUTH! Hmm. I wonder how much 'proof' they will require before they reach this location?

sorry to include so many small bits into one post...too much to process at once!

onward and upward...(or downward and upward?)
kristin

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Great new thread, Remo.

The pale, 'sterilized' blue of the Virgin Mary (of Jung's first understanding) would be supplanted then (in our new causal equation which you've provided above), by the dark (indigo) blue of the goddess Kali (which goes with Pauli's vision):

Quote:
" Kali is so-called because she devours Kala (Time)and then resumes Her own dark formlessness". Garland of Letters, by Sir John Woodroffe, p235

The Goddess Kali corresponds with the 'void', the hidden 11th sephiroth of Da-ath on the Tree of Life.

Kristin, just great!

Now we have synthesized the meaning of the blue color -- yes, also in the colored world-clock it is dark blue (but this is an idea of Suzanne Gieser --, of the void (in Buddhism they talk of the fullness of the void, "Die Fülle der Leere"), the 11th Sefiroth Da'ath and the Tree of Life. Behind all this is not the Holy Mary in the Christian Heavens, but the World Soul, the real collective woman (including the parts below the diaphragm...).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Founder

BTW , for anyone interested, there is a new article (March 25) in the "New Scientist" called 'Celestial Express', which postulates that some scientists are in agreement that there exist 'gravitational corridors between all major bodies in the solar system, a network of shifting tunnels that could allow spaceships (!) to travel using very little energy (!) '. In other words, an invisible network of the solar system.

This discovery must attest to the urgency we feel now internally for an understanding of the underlying acausal phenomena. Of course, I believe it's true that there are such things in fact, but it is within the 'new causal vision' that they actually exist, and we must try to come to this internally (ERos SElf) as well now, not just through new 'external' insights. I am convinced, though, that some people have to 'fake it til they make it' - these will be the people that must be presented with so much of this new type of quantumn material from outside, that finally they capitulate and finally have an honest 'inner' experience of the acausal reality, which they then fully accept as TRUTH! Hmm. I wonder how much 'proof' they will require before they reach this location?

Kristin,

Yes, the trouble is that these people cannot feel the psychophysical reality. Like this everything is projected onto the onesided models of mathematical physics and mathematical astrophysics. We should however learn that mathematics in the usual sense should be a nobody in a new theory of humans and their relation to the universe. As soon as we use mathematics, we throw out the feeling and the Eros, since math is always strictly causal -- even the wave function is a causal math function (but not the collapse of it). The world of Eros is however acausal, at least in the moment of the (psychophysical) acausal quantum leap (remember when you fell in love the last time...)

The unus mundus is everywhere and nowhere, is eternal and exactly the here and now. Such a world cannot be described by math.

Or as Christopher's UFOnauts tell us:

Quote:
From an old sighting report, when a landed UFOnaut was asked by a witness what made the UFO move, it replied that they did not move but were everywhere all the time.

I did not know this when I defined my expression of the unus mundus = "always/everywhere" (see http://www.psychovision.ch/ufnw/egeln_chap13_roth.htm )

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post #2 and #3 in the World-clock vision
I'd like to go on with my explanations about the World-clock vision.

If we follow Pauli's great intuition, we can now say that the horizontal circle has to do with #2, ie with the causal world. It is the world of Einstein's spacetime.

The vertical disc has however to do with #3, with the acausal world. It is the world of Eros, but also of the Logos spermatikos, according to Pauli the antagonist of the Platonian Logos. As I have shown in http://www.psychovision.ch/synw/jungneo ... p4.htm#339 , Pauli brings the Logos spermatikos together with the blue color, with the blue flower of German Romanticism, ie with magics, and with the cornflower of Demeter. Thus it is obvious -- and also Pauli stresses this -- that the Logos spermatikos is a much more "material" aspect of the world. It is what I call the matter-psyche, the psyche of matter itself, repressed by natural science since its mathemtization (I do not know if this term exists in English) by Johannes Kepler (or perhaps already by Galilei; we are not sure if he already used math or only a verbal description of his law). It is the energy that is created as soon as "time stands still", as soon as Kali (or Chronos/Saturn?) has devoured the linear time. Then we enter the unus mundus, and in this state we can observe the creation and incarnation of "new life". This is what I called in another thread the realization of the spirit-psyche with higher negentropy, i.e., physical as well as objective psychic energy following new natural laws. How such a world could look like, we do not yet know. I guess however that it is presented to us in the dreams of some "choosen" humans.

There is however yet a funny thing on the horizontal disc: The four lttle men with pendulums. The four is of course Einstein's spacetime and Jung's quaternity. According to my remarks above, the quaternity is double: The one before the quantum leap, the other after it (following new laws). But in this four dimensional spacetime there are the little men with the pendulums. The little men are of course the dwarfs, the Cabiri, the creative dwarf gods in the earth. According to Jung (CW 5, § 180)

ImageImage

they have a phallic aspect and represent the creative aspect of the psychic energy (ie of what I call the collective spirit-psyche). I would say that they represent much more the creative aspect of the matter-psyche, or the Lingam in the Yoni in India.

Since the dwarfs are in Einstein's fourdimensional world, they mean the potentiality of the (Eros) consciousness to relate to these creative forces in the world of #3, in the vertical disc. And there, in "our world" -- more exactly: in the world of the Logos ego -- , they show their presence by the oscillation of the pendulums! Thus, they solve the riddle of Pauli's oscillation symbolism, which persued him all his life (he even got a death fear because of them, and his unconsciousness of all this was the root of his wasp phobia (= black and yellow stripes = oscillation).

The Cabiri are the Logos spermatikos (sperma = phallus!), and the symbolism goes together with the one in Hermetic alchemy: The womb of the queen, containig herself a phallus (the seeds = sperms of the dead king).

As I mentioned above, the Cabiri symbolize however only a potential world. We should ask ourselves why? I guess it is since Pauli was not yet able to realize and to enter the Eros consciousness. Only the latter is able to relate to the Cabiri, and like this to enter the unus mundus, the vertical disc. Thus the World-clock vision talks of a potential phenomenon in Pauli he was however not yet able to realize. This realization is the challenge of the beginning 21st century.

Remo

PS: I tried to reduce the jung/kerenyi child image -- which is of course also a Cabir -- but it does not want. I tried it about 5 time with different methods. It does not work; obviously the Cabiri would like to show us that they are the big ones... [and that the big ones are not the ones we can see in pornographic pictures in the internet ;-) ]

Ha, ha, ha :D This was a real Marie-Louise von Franz joke. We always talked like that ... (One cannot of course know this if one only knows her books ... But I think that it is very important that people of today know how she lived her inferior feeling. It was just great!)

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post #2 and #3 in the mandala
Of course the next question is how "my" mandala is different. First we see that it contains also #2 and #3, the two groups of circle sectors (see above, the "Zweierkreise" and the "Dreierkreise"). They are however much more interlocked. In the World-clock vision there is only this one diagonal where they meet. In the mandala, however, 99 red elements are interlocked with 99 white elements, since every element of the mandala is built by the elements of both groups of circles. Thus the mandala seems also to represent something which is either always interlocked or/and everywhere interlocked. Thus this symbolism has directly to do with the "always/everywhere", i.e., with the unus mundus.

Further, there is such a dense exchange of attributes symbolism, which is not present in Pauli's World-clock. There only the Cabiri show some sort of an exchange of attributes, since they are in "our world" but belong to the "other world". Once again it seems that this could show that the state symbolized in Pauli's world clock is only potential. He had anticipated the vision, but was not yet able to realize it.

Perhaps all this expresses also the fact that I am a feeling/intuition type (who had however to develop his thinking because of my bodily handicap). Pauli, on the other hand, was however a thinking/intuition type (as were Jung and Marie-Louise von Franz). It seems that for feeling/intuition or intuition/feeling types it is much easier to enter the Eros ego and thus to approach the Eros Self, the unus mundus.

The last sentence is very important to me. It shows that these types, the so-called stupid, the "debiles", the out-casts of our Logos world, the far-outers, the artists, have the great chance of helping to incarnate the constructive forces into our world, and like this to annihilate the negative karma of all the Hitlers of the past and the present.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post ... annihilate the negative karma of all the Hitlers of the
Remo Roth wrote:
The last sentence is very important to me. It shows that these types, the so-called stupid, the "debiles", the out-casts of our Logos world, the far-outers, the artists, have the great chance of helping to incarnate the constructive forces into our world, and like this to annihilate the negative karma of all the Hitlers of the past and the present.

Remo

Thanks Remo, you give me the thread to which I can tie my seal dream from June 2004 with my initial commentaries:
[i]
A lot of people were gathered in front of a pyre. I was expected to do a thing full of meaning, something like the symbolic performance of the priest of an unknown religion. I walked to something like an oven (an athanor, in fact) out of which I took with my bare hands an object enveloped in something like clay. My hands should have burnt because of the intense heat. But I didn’t even feel the heat. That was the sign expected by the mob. I broke the clay and extracted what appeared to be a big seal. THE Seal, in fact. Again that was a sign.
Then I chose among a certain number of people standing with me on the platform two women and a man. I marked each of them with the seal. The imprint had a strange symbol in its center which I didn’t recognise in the dream but that I associated with aquarius and may be Jupiter when writing down the dream. In fact each of the three persons was holding a lighter on witch I put the seal.
Then, I was under the pyre, made of straw and wood and corpses. These were the bodies of all the despotic figures of the history of humanity. Among them, I seized Hitler’s body and shouted to them all: “You, bloody bastards all of you, you were touched by Holy Grace, and see what you made of it. Now you are going to burn once for all.”

The pyre is linked with rituals, sacrifice, purification, renewal. At the beginning of the dream, the pyre is not important per se. It is the place next to which things are going to happen.

I was expected to do a thing full of meaning, something like the symbolic performance of the priest of an unknown religion.

In the dream I don’t actually know what I am meant to do. I just act in accordance with my inner demands, and that is very important. It is a kind of wou wei attitude. It relates me to the arch figure of the priest as a canal trough witch a link is established between the divine and the human worlds.

I walked to something like an oven (an athanor, in fact) out of which I took with my bare hands an object enveloped in something like clay

Now it seems that this specific attitude is suddenly materialized in the athanor under the shape of the seal.
There is no causal link in the dream. It just happens. But then it draws a parallel between the dreamer as the athanor and the actual athanor with its numinous qualities.
In fact things happen by themselves. There is no possibility to causally make them happen. But the state of consciousness describe as “the priest’s attitude” is needed.
It makes me think of two wavy patterns running close to each other. When they synchronisticaly happen to “meet”, they create a sort of “dot”, an observable particle, with is an actual “creation”

My hands should have burnt because of the intense heat. But I didn’t even feel the heat. That was the sign expected by the mob.

This gives us a little more information on the priest’s attitude, or nature. The symbol of the salamander is implied. When you have been reduced to ashes and then reborn you can walk through the fire without danger. The displacement of the centre of consciousness implies a sort of objectivity always related to the inner events.
Once you get the proper kind of consciousness you can observe, and participate without being destroyed, that is falling back into unconsciousness.

I broke the clay and extracted what appeared to be a big seal. THE seal, in fact. Again that was a sign.

The seal is moulded into clay: this clearly indicates an incarnation process. The seal is born into earth and then has to be freed from this mould, that is to say consciously recognised.

Then I chose among a certain number of people standing with me on the platform two women and a man. I marked each of them with the seal. The imprint had a strange symbol in its centre which I didn’t recognise in the dream but that I associated with aquarius and may be Jupiter when writing down the dream. In fact each of the three persons was holding a lighter on witch I put the seal.
I cannot but think of one of the strange properties of the Stone. It is said to have the power of diffusing its transforming energetic quality around itself, as if emitting a kind of radiation. The “chosen ones” are stamped with the seal. It is a sort of impregnation by the seal. That leads to the lighters. The lighters enable their owners to set fire. Once this is done the flames can propagate. The incarnation goes on by the means of energy.
The symbol on the seal I recognised afterward as

without the external leaves,
the seal of Salomon and the chakra of the heart.

The conclusion of the dream lead to a strange discovery: the pyre is made of the corpses of all the despotic figures of history: Ego consciousness at its worst
The idea is that the incarnated symbol of the seal lead to the burning (and then renewal) of Ego consciousness.
Ego consciousness is described as an abuse of divine grace. This clearly shows that the dominant extraverted culture that has led to a divine-like capacity to destroy, is a perversion of a sacred gift.
There is a sort of prophecy, an announcement, in the last sentence.

The following night was a bit hectic. I woke up many times, a voice telling me “you are the keeper of the seal”.

So I went back to the CGJung page forum where Remo was trying to expose his views and printed the full thread I had only perused.

A couple nights later, I dreamt that:

A woman was reading something to me like a very precise and serious horoscope. In it I was firmly advised to read a book by a geneticist called René Valadios dealing with archetypal matters.[/i]

This dream led me directly to Remo's site. I knew almost nothing of Remo's work. I read the retro-virus presentation and it clicked with a big noise.
In fact I included the image of the seal from Remo's site for when I went there I was completely stuned: it was the seal of my dream, you see, and I don't remember having seen it before... :wink:

The following night I dreamt that an extraordinary golden rounded baby was rolling down from heaven onto an orange sofa on which I was seated with the woman of the previous dream. He was presented as the “infans solaris”.
And then I saw myself repainting in blue the walls of a house.

21 months after these events our forum was reopened with the two coniunctio dreams I presented...

Roger

I don't know what's happened with the font... But then it seems that I had to say it... big!

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:04 pm
Profile Personal album
Site Admin

One thing has kept its full mystery to me since: the name VALADIOS. I am quite used to puns in my dreams, but I can't see...

Any idea?

Thanks

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:24 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Portuguese
Roger,

I found that in Portuguese Valadios means, "cut by trenches."

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:58 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Portuguese
Clarice wrote:
Roger,

I found that in Portuguese Valadios means, "cut by trenches."

Thanks Clarice.

I have done some further research and it seems that valadio is a term used by carpenters to describe a small V shaped (! ) roof covered with curved tiles we call "tuiles canal" in French.

Anyway the root for valadio is val meaning valley.

Thanks again.

Roger

I Ching #50

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:44 am
Profile Personal album

"Valley of God(s)" (val-a-dios)

or/and

"Goodbye, valley..." (val-adios)

Wow, those possibilities put some kind of a major 'spin' on the dream material, but I realize it's only conjecture unless it's yours.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:15 am
Site Admin

:?: So Roger, you've tried :

or/and

Wow, those possibilities put some kind of a major 'spin' on the dream material, but I realize it's only conjecture unless it's yours.

Funny as sometimes we can be dumb, isn't it.
You deserve a big hug for that one! Thanks, and I will tell you why.

I was in a kind of deep and lonely valley at the time, it is as simple as that!

Thanks again.

Roger

I Ching #50

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:30 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

kristin wrote:
:?: So Roger, you've tried :

or/and

Funny as sometimes we can be dumb, isn't it.
You deserve a big hug for that one! Thanks, and I will tell you why.

I was in a kind of deep and lonely valley at the time, it is as simple as that!

Thanks again.

Roger

The two threads come together, see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... light=#514

"Valley of God" ? Perhaps we men project it much too much onto human women ... ???

And therefore "Goodby valley"?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Post edited by the admin
Sorry I have to edit Remo's post since a mishap broke the chronological order of posts.
Roger

In reply to Remo, I had written something like that:

It is the "goodbye Valley" aspect that I will keep for myself.

However I tend to think that projections are not only unavoidable but also necessary. They bring their lot of sufferings and to me sufferings are at the core of the individuation process.
As Etienne Perrot told me once: "Arse above the head and again, that's the way we learn", meaning of course "in stercore invenitur".

But yes of course a man's projection unto a woman carries the whole Eros dimension. I guess that the whole mystery of love is behind the strange energy process of incarnatio continua. It is a very intuitive statement, but I have discovered the hard way that "love" can go much much further than the "simple" (if I may say so) relationship between two human beings.

Roger.

Then Remo replied

It was the greatest realization of my life, when I saw the "goodby Valley" aspect ... Whisper from man to man ...

Roger
Quote:
However I tend to think that projections are not only unavoidable but also necessary. They bring their lot of sufferings and to me sufferings are at the core of the individuation process.
As Etienne Perrot told me once: "Arse above the head and again, that's the way we learn", meaning of course "in stercore invenitur".

Yes! But the price we pay is sometimes a little too much. At least in my case ...

Quote:

Roger
Quote:
But yes of course a man's projection unto a woman carries the whole Eros dimension. I guess that the whole mystery of love is behind the strange energy process of incarnatio continua. It is a very intuitive statement, but I have discovered the hard way that "love" can go much much further than the "simple" (if I may say so) relationship between two human beings.

A man who has not suffered all this, has missed his life ...

Sorry, my ladies, sometimes we men whisper a little in public ...

Best

Remo

PS: I like our collective amplification very much. In this case it gave Roger an aha experience. But only after his unsuccessful search for an association. I guess he didn't succeed, since the motif is archetypal.

Thus, we should always stay conscious about the fact that this is only allowed for archetypal contents of a dream (or a vision). I guess we discussed this topic at the beginning of the forum.

Remo

See http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... light=#182

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Founder

I remember now an advice of Marie-Louise von Franz regarding my dream interpretation:

Quote:
Ask for associations. And only if there are none, you are allowed to amplify!

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:19 am
Profile WWW

Post 'the whisperings' and the mystery of Love
Yes, that's just it. The message of the coniunctio - so much more than just sentimental, beyond sympathy, even farther out beyond the bonds which can be formed through lust.

It parallels the experience described in mystical theology, which St. John of the Cross called "the science of Love". Is it not somehow like the imagery in 'the Song of Songs' wherein the very state or being of a person becomes 'a being-in-love', a constant state of being in love with 'an unknown beloved'? And for all that it is fantastic, it is also bittersweet in a way, because we have a body and the body cannot always be the vehicle to this merging with another, at least not always in its physicality (so with the beautiful valley, fertile and intoxicating, but also spoken of archetypally as another - perhaps one and the same? - location through which we must also pass, 'the valley of death').

In the 'Song of Songs' we have the Bride and the Bridegroom who participate in something beyond the usual romantic love and beyond the usual carnal love. Surely we are all called to 'be in love' in THIS way. As William Johnston puts it in his book Mystical Theology; " ...the being of the human family is called to become being-in-love"(p 189). Herein he says it is actually tradition "that all human beings are called to mysticism...at the beginning of this century a number of theologians spoke of 'the universal vocation to mysticism'...". In 'the Song of Songs', "the being of both bride and bridegroom becomes being-in-love... this is a love that goes far beyond anything that human beings can imagine, far beyond anything that eye has seen or ear heard or the human mind conceived..."(p 194).

In reality, this 'being-in-love' is the acausal love story we speak of in our forum, in the words of the Christian mystic St.John of the Cross: "and I shall be your beauty, and you will be me in your beauty",etc. The mystics equated this love with a love of Christ and of God, but our new model, our 'new causal world' picture takes us past this simplistic equation out into the Beyond. The imagery of the 'Song of Songs' is representative in this case of the Seal of Solomon - it presents the moment of the 'indeterministic quantumn leap', the middle part of Remo's equation which then leads on to the next continuoum. What that can be we cannot guess, but the intense feelings around the movement toward this discovery cannot easily be put into words. It is what we are grappling with here in the U.M. , what our dreams are showing and tellling us, dreams such as Roger's (above) which do present archtypal material for us all to ponder.

Maybe it helps to voice here that women also long for the fecundity of the entire man, as person. In the famous ' Song of Songs', the man is ALSO described as being beautiful, in the sense that his sensuality is utter and complete. This creates in the heart of a woman a 'longing' for that same beauty within a man that a man might find in the valley of woman. It is as if what we yearn for is to be 'welcomed' by the other, without projection! But right now in our development it seems that we still need the projection (if only for a moment), as MLvF says, so that we can 'suspend our disbelief' in the possibility of true union. The true Bridgegroom is then in a sense also 'female'.

What has happened to us all is that somewhere we lost the 'whole man', and hence have the responsibility of constantly resurrecting the dead king. And with this, the 'valley' of the woman has assumed gigantic proportion, conversely becoming both the most welcoming and beautiful thing in the world and also, of course, the most dangerous thing. We must really now get beyond this paradigm and end the constant ongoing job of resurrection! Once we have gone beyond the valley as woman and the mountain as man, we come to one thing only: the beautiful landscape, wherein everything is related and merges as one.

We need the new man, if only to free the woman from her precarious position. If we have this new man, then not just men, but all the women who have constellated into the Logos egoic position can 'give it up' and will be forced to fall back on the truth of things. The question is, can the red tincture, the infans solaris grow up to be this man? (I see hope, as the UM presents us with some of these striving men!) First we must achieve, though, the light of this red infant in the world - are there any signs of him yet in all but a few? Perhaps.

In the end, we always return again to the location of the Heart.

It is to be hoped that soon we will get beyond this process of ongoing 'redemption through love supplied by woman' and into a true equality of complimentary support, of companionship, of 'being-in-love'.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:48 pm

What does the first name 'Rene' mean to you then??

Given that we are talking now about archetypal material, then could it be Reine ?

Best,
K

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:53 pm
Site Admin

Roger - one more thing:

What does the first name 'Rene' mean to you then??

Given that we are talking now about archetypal material, then could it be Reine ?

Best,
K

Oh, sorry, I thought I had given the clue to that. In French (remember I am French) René is re-né, that is reborn, born again. :lol:

Best

Roger

I Ching #50

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:21 am
Profile Personal album
Site Admin

Post The message of the Coniunctio
Kristin,

« Your task is not to seek love, but simply to seek and find all the obstacles you have built against love. »
Djalal Al Dîn Rumi, sufi mystic, thirteenth century - translation mine.

This is a very good definition, in ancient words, for the quest of the Eros Self.
Drop the complex power, silent your thoughts and open the gate of your heart that will let you see the way to the "vegetative" world of the inferior chakras where the images of the Unus Mundus wait for incarnation.

See also http://www.ccel.org/ccel/guyon/song.toc.html for a deep commentary of the Song of songs by Madame Guyon, French mystic (XVIth century), friend of Fénelon and completely dedicated to mystic love.

Quote:
Kritsin: Yes, that's just it. The message of the coniunctio - so much more than just sentimental, beyond sympathy, even farther out beyond the bonds which can be formed through lust.

The point is that when we speak of this subject, we get inflamed, with the same flame as in my seal dream.

However I don't think that it is the message of the coniunctio; I believe it is rather the manifestation, the expression, of some kind of very special energy... or, symbolically the "medium" through which this energy can flow.

Let's take for instance what happens in UFO abductions. As far as I understand, people who get involved in these phenomena are caught against their will. They are caught in a strange negative turmoil where it seems that something incarnates out of the Unus Mundus in the shape so commonly described of silver disks and grey little beings. At this point there is no love. But, as far as I know, there are many testimonies from abductees saying that their lives have completely changed since and that they have turned themselves towards some "mystic" relationship with the universe. They have "fallen in love" against their will.
The absence of love in the abduction phenomenom is directly linked with the absence of consciousness as regards another deeper reality (the world of the Coniunctio seeking incarnation). In the modern mystic (see Remo's writings) love is turned inside towards the lowest, basest, most ignored and despised (in terms of modern Logos) aspects of this reality. He/she feels the call for 'having a look' (observing) what can happen down there and this loving objective attitude gives life to what is observed and transforms both observed and observer.

I am not sure I am very clear but then I hope discussions will follow!

Roger

I Ching #50

Last edited by Roger Faglin on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:31 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Thank you, Kristin
Thank you so much, Kristin! You always find the most beautiful words to summarize all that I had to ponder about for more than 33 years now. I can only express it in a simple language which reminds me sometimes of a mathematical proof. But it seems that between the lines the message shines through.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Thank you, Kristin
Remo Roth wrote:
Thank you so much, Kristin! You always find the most beautiful words to summarize all that I had to ponder about for more than 33 years now. I can only express it in a simple language which reminds me sometimes of a mathematical proof. But it seems that between the lines the message shines through.

Remo

Hum... I will try to illustrate the subject with a long quotation. But since it is in French I will have to translate it, so I beg for a little time.

Roger

I Ching #50

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:59 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Sulamith
Kristin

As a little thank to you and all the posters in the UNUS MUNDUS forum I post here my Sulamith of the Song of Songs and her statement
Quote:

NIGRA SUM, SED FORMOSA / Black I am, but beautiful

ImageImageImageImageImage

It is a stone I created in 1979 -- perhaps the stone for me. I'd like to present, for the first time in public, also the most incredible event that happened then: In working at this stone suddenly a black liquid was freed...! It seems that it had been inside the stone for I don't know how much time. [Does anyone know when chalk (limestone) was created. Millions of years ago?).

I was incredibly touched by this synchronicity: I try to create a symbol of Sulamith, the representation of the coniunctio, of the unio corporalis, and then the product of it, the "red tincture" (red and black are often synonymous, e.g., in the Tai Gi), is extracted and liberated.

I'm still deeply touched by this incredible event!

Remo

PS: Of course, when I created Sulamith I was not at all conscious about all this, especially not about Sulamith as a symbol of the coniunctio.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: Sulamith
Quote:
Does anyone know when chalk (limestone) was created. Millions of years ago?).

I found it: Limestone was created some hundred millon years ago !!! For a human being this is of course almost eternity.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I simply wish I could caress her...

I Ching #50

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:33 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Re: The message of the Coniunctio
Roger Faglin wrote:
Let's take for instance what happens in UFO abductions. As far as I understand, people who get involved in these phenomena are caught against their will. They are caught in a strange negative turmoil where it seems that something incarnates out of the Unus Mundus in the shape so commonly described of silver disks and grey little beings. At this point there is no love. But, as far as I know, there are many testimonies from abductees saying that their lives have completely changed since and that they have turned themselves towards some "mystic" relationship with the universe. They have "fallen in love" against their will.

I would say, yes, this is how I see the phenomen of UFO abductions (and encounter), too. It seems that humans must bring in the standpoint of the heart, i.e., in my interpretation, the Eros consciousness.

This is a very interesting point. It seems that the "ETs" long for love, but are not able to feel it as long as there is no human who can give it to them. It is the core concept of Spielbergs Movie E.T., in which the boy knows -- in contrast to all these technologically oriented specialists -- that he has the capacity to relate to the heart of the ET. This is the great intuition of Spielberg, and perhaps it has grown on the background of his concentration camp experience (at least concerning his relatives).

My experience is that behind all these UFO encounter and abduction phenomena is in fact mostly (or always?) a deep trauma in the early childhood, and that the UFO phenomenon seems to contain in nuce the way out on the basis of a teleological or final development. This one should IMO much more consider in the concerning research.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: The message of the Coniunctio
Roger Faglin wrote:
The absence of love in the abduction phenomenom is directly linked with the absence of consciousness as regards another deeper reality (the world of the Coniunctio seeking incarnation). In the modern mystic (see Remo's writings) love is turned inside towards the lowest, basest, most ignored and despised (in terms of modern Logos) aspects of this reality. He/she feels the call for 'having a look' (observing) what can happen down there and this loving objective attitude gives life to what is observed and transforms both observed and observer.

The fact that the abduction phenomenology is full of cruel sex experiments shows that they have first to do with the coniunctio or unio corporalis archetype, and second that the "people in the Beyond" do not really know how to relate to the coniunctio. They need our help, i.e., the help of these yet living humans who feel that they must relate to this world of the Beyond and its "inhabitants" with the help of the Eros ego. It seems further that only like this a real relationship is possible. I am so glad that these people very often spontaneously transform, and that their ego becomes much more ecological and spiritual. This is one of the most important research results of John Mack for me.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Roger

Roger Faglin wrote:

I'd like too, but I donated it to someone in 1982 and did not see Sulamith anymore since then ...

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Remo Roth wrote:
Roger

Roger Faglin wrote:

I'd like too, but I donated it to someone in 1982 and did not see Sulamith anymore since then ...

Mon cher Remo,

how could I put into words the warmth I feel?

Roger

I Ching #50

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:32 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Sulamith
Thank you, Roger

I do not yet exactly know what Sulamith symbolizes. Perhaps someone has furthern ideas.

What I know is that she is a mirror of the world. This idea was very important when I created her. Much later I realized that in his last years Wolfgang Pauli had dreams about the "mirror-man" he did however not at all understand.

The motif of the mirror leads us to the "twin process" of Hermetic alchemy. As you know I guess that in it the negentropy of matter, "unanimated" as well as animated, i.e., physical energy (outer spirit-psyche) and/or objective psychic energy (inner spirit-psyche) is increased. One can perhaps say that spirit-psyche is mirrored in the unus mundus, since it is transformed into matter-psyche et vice versa. It is however not only a mirroring process, since the process contains an increase of negentropy. Thus the unus mundus, the anima mundi and matter-psyche belong to some sort of a miraculous (mirror-aculous?) process -- magic.

Later, when I read about the SETI project I had always this project in mind. The concave mirror they need for the radio reception of the signals has perhaps the same archetypal background as the one of Sulamith. The difference is that in the case of the latter it is not the consciousness of mankind who receives the information but the unus mundus which reflects the spirit-psyche, but -- and this is the decisive difference -- with higher negentropy.

Thus the idea is that there is one point (or more and more?) in the universe, in which all the information (and the background of matter) is concentrated, provided with higher negentropy and mirrored back into the universe. It is thus a very similar idea to Carl Jung's Point A idea:

Quote:
“So far as I can grasp the nature of the collective unconscious [unus mundus; RFR], it seems to me like an omnipresent continuum, an unextended Everywhere. That is to say, when something happens here at point A which touches upon or affects the collective unconscious [unus mundus; RFR], it has happened everywhere.“ [Letters, vol. 1, p. 58]

Jung's completely intuitive idea of 1929 talks of a "point A" which seems, according to my experience, to be in the body of specific humans. These humans will have the incredible task to passively (!) relate to the unus mundus and observe what happens in it. Only by this passive observation the constructive incarnations of the world soul compensating the destruction of today's world can be incarnated.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:13 am
Profile WWW

I have been trying NOT to think of what it means to 'passively relate to the Unus Mundus' because it seems to interfere with my understanding of it. It is ironic that thinking about something interferes with its' transmission.

The thing about the unus mundus is that it is just that: a 'frequency', an energy 'transmission'. It exists on another wavelength and traditional ways of analysis don't produce any connection with it (just as you have been saying - causal thinking is not appropriate to acausal phenomena).

Perhaps this question has already been answered, but could not Eros Consciousness have a very energetic component as well as a passive component? Is this not the difference between 'synchonicity' and 'magic'? Why else would the early Hindu tantric images depict the feminine energy as the electrical component, the active red component in the coniunctio, whereas Hermetic symbolism depicts feminine energy as passive, magnetic, the white component of the coniunctio? Remo, I wonder if these 2 sides to the feminine energy comprise, in fact, along with their counterparts of the active and passive masculine, your 2 acausal instances of transmission - on one hand, the 'synchronicity' aspect (with the active imaginative colouring - both male and female) and on the other the 'magic' aspect (also both male and female, but we don't know in what way it COULD be 'male' at all, as yet (it is the 'new male'?), which is completely about 'observation' alone, and does not recognize analysis...).

Well, maybe this thread belongs in another post - it seems I have been reading about some of this content in one place and some in another and I have now lost my location (a good sign??? :wink: :o )

kristin

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:34 pm
Founder

kristin wrote:
Well, maybe this thread belongs in another post - it seems I have been reading about some of this content in one place and some in another and I have now lost my location (a good sign??? :wink: :o ) kristin

The thread belongs in another post, or the post belongs in another thread?

I also loose the orientation, since it seems that all these posts are so much interwoven -- the wave aspect of the world, perhaps. Thus, perhaps Roger should find a new programming of the forum :lol: , some sort of a thread in which everything belongs to everything, nothing to nothing, everything to nothing and nothing to everything. Could perhaps be the solution, perhaps not :?

I guess that the "Gegenteiler" (the "oppositer"?) is interfering ... 8)

Have a good day, Kristin, I go to bed

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next