UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:17 pm

[ 1 post ] 
Reply to topic
 Super 8 

Post Super 8
I saw the film Super 8 yesterday. It's kind of a throw back to ET or Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. But underneath it all, like everything else, it's a love story
The main characters are kids, really dynamic characters who aren't childish but aren't yet full-fledged teenagers (who usually are childish). They exist in a liminal state.
The father of the boy is a deputy, his badge = Anahata chakra/Seal of Solomon, whose job it is to unite his son with his soul/spirit/anima (love interest), thus forming the Holy Trinity.

It saddened me to think that I will never be able to go back to that time where love was an innocent force--
when it wasn't just about getting laid, or, on the other hand, finding someone for the sake of having a family.

The film depicts this type of love perfectly. It's a hero's journey. It's the kind of love that isn't driven by selfish motives.
It's the kind of love where you're willing to do anything, including staring Death straight in the eyes and allowing Death to peer into your soul, for no other purpose but to free the Love you have devoted your life to.

That's what true Love is to me, and it's the only thing worth living for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRQQCKS7go

Love.

michael

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]