UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am

[ 6 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 One day in France 

Post One day in France
Marie-Louise von Franz: "(...) I would say that the greatest danger of our present civilization is the mixing and leveling of the masses and the oppression of the individual because the individual becomes harmful..
Terrorism is a reaction of the individual ... and we can not continue unless we recognize again the individual. "

http://www.europe1.fr/Faits-divers/Pani ... s-1521175/

Panic on the Croisette.[...] Michel Denisot was going to interview Daniel Auteuil and Christoph Waltz, the jury, when gunshots were heard on the Croisette.
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/1157387 ... rveillance
Since Friday morning, the police authorities secure the schools of Strasbourg following the release of a threatening message on a video game forum. Its author, a teenager, says he wants to write the "final chapter" in his history. Describing himself as associal, he warns that "the life of many people, including mine, will stop."
More than 750 police and gendarmes have been deployed around 59 schools of the Lower Rhine.

Attachments:
article_PHOTO.jpg
article_PHOTO.jpg [ 14.64 KiB | Viewed 1320 times ]

Fri May 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Post Re: One day in France
Designer suicide appears to be a new meme for our day. I does reveal the mental state of some people who want to die; to leave a mark in their death - but more to our times, to take others with them. Thanks for the quote from von Franz. It is the key question -possibly Elvis is the essential god that failed. But I see Kurt Cobain as a cry against - a cri de coeur - the loss of world soul, identity. For which part America is responsible for this I see it as only the beginning, but possibly an auspicious future. There is an interesting TV show popular now which I see as an original creation myth for CA: There are no states, only tribes: The fascist Nordics, the African-Amerrican "9's", the Mayans, the Chinese and the Anarchists: The Sons of Anarchy. Overviews, like higher state authority, are non existant: as in The Sopranos, honor, morality, love of family is in exile from the general culture and alive only in the club/tribe. The story theme is about a baby of Jax and adoptive mother Tara that is trying to be born, then trying to survive, born to a drug addicted mother, kidnapped, sold in Ireland by gun runners, etc. it seems the desire of CA - the baby being CA- to be born. I was reminded of Jung's comment on Dr. Suzuki, zen master's book, Introduction to Zen: "Zen demands intelligence and will-power, as do all the greater things which desire to become real."

CA seems in my experience the greatest place here, but struggling to be born still. M. Blavatsky said the world would be born again there. "Sons" takes its credo from a quote from Emma Goldman, the original anarchist, painted on a rock in the desert in Nevada: “Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals…”

Sat May 18, 2013 11:15 pm
Profile WWW

Post Make A Difference Or Hit Delete
Bernie Quigley wrote:
Designer suicide appears to be a new meme for our day.

Quote:
A meme is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture.” A meme acts as a unit for carrying ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.

The word meme is a shortening (modeled on gene) of mimeme (from Ancient Greek mīmēma, "imitated thing", from mimeisthai, "to imitate", from mimos "mime") and it was coined by the British evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976) as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catch-phrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.

Depth psychologically speaking one would talk about such a phenomena as a “psychic contagion” due to the activity of the highly constellated coniunctio archetype at our time in history – something that will help unfold the “Archetype of the Apocalypse”. I have previously amplified on this theme in Shedding Her Skin? – “the process of transforming the God-image (one’s worldview) can take place only if its human participants are conscious of what is happening, because consciousness is the agency of transformation for God and man. There is, of course, no transformation of the God-image if we end up with nothing but a heap of ruins and a group of savages having to make the laborious climb to civilization all over again. But the God-image can incarnate in a way that averts massive destruction if there are enough individuals aware (GJS: a critical mass) of the unfolding archetypal drama that is before us. Edinger, Archetype of the Apocalypse, p. 177”

The arts have manifestated numerous troubled souls that “cry against the loss of World Soul identity” as you have noted by mentioning Elvis, Kurt Cobain, and now the stars in Sons of Anarchy. Psychologically, more and more are gripped by the need to consciously individuate and yet since there is no consciousness taken to the challenge there is no transformation – instead “failed coniunctio’s” manifest on the plane of human history in a destructive manner as seen in the premature ending of the lives of Elvis & Cobain. They remind me of that side of the Goddess of the hunt, Artemis, that believes in the survival of the fittest and that has no regard about being cruel to weakness, but is helpful to strength, and is growth-promoting to those for whom growth is possible. She is hated by the regressive side of humanity.

A few years ago the World Soul put it to me in a blunt manner what faces the collective, “Make a difference or hit delete.” Something that can be clearly seen manifesting in a “delete” mode in the sectarian Civil War unfolding in Syria with 80,000 estimated to now have been slaughtered and with no end in sight. And that “meme/contagion” could spread to other nations like a cancer.

The tragedy of Newtown now becomes the tragedy of “Anytown” as the psyche seeks containment in the human soul. If the opposites of spirit (masculine principle) and matter (feminine principle) are not reconciled within as US they are acted out in the outer situation as a destructive projection. Thus, we find certain words on our lips and on our minds more and more.
Attachment:
Mouth Popsicle Shape.jpg
Mouth Popsicle Shape.jpg [ 23.04 KiB | Viewed 1298 times ]

As Fox has noted in his MLvF quote – it is the conscious individual that is needed. Jung noted that the level of ethical behavior is inversely propotional to the number in a collective group - mob psychology is meant.

As Edinger notes in his book Archetype of the Apocalypse – the entire world will either be united in a mutual mass consciousness wherein all share a similar worldview and religious outlook as proclamated by the World Soul individually to each of us or it will be united in our mutual mass destruction because of all our warring –isms.

The snake in the Garden of Eden is shedding its skin – indicating more growth looms for the new “original parents” – and so once again humanity must repeat the journey of being kicked out of the Garden (their present worldview) by participating and cooperating in another “original sin” of “choosing to become more conscious” because once again we must eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil and abandon our childish notions of living in some kind of man-made utopia via a Eurozone or a United States or clinging to a religious outlook that has become bankrupt for so many in our time. The following lines of a poem by Emerson touches on the limitation of a prevailing “worldview” and the “bottom line” all must face when a paradigm shift ensues.

Quote:
Life only avails, not the having lived. Power ceases in the instant of repose; it resides in the moment of transition from a past to a new state, in the shooting of the gulf, in the darting to an aim. This one fact the world hates; that the soul becomes; for that forever degrades the past, turns all riches to poverty, all reputation to shame, confounds the saint with the rogue, shoves Jesus and Judas equally aside. Self Reliance in The Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson, p. 158.

Gregory

Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Post Re: One day in USA
I never watch "Sons of anarchy" but I'll watch it.

"Apocalypse" in OKC :

https://vine.co/v/b9179Ljq1zq

https://vine.co/v/b91AX0HgJrt

https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/v/videos ... 2v6Pd9Dzmy

Mon May 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Post The Uniter Of Heaven & Earth
Power of Moore tornado dwarfs Hiroshima bomb
Attachment:
Tornado Moore.jpg
Tornado Moore.jpg [ 46.98 KiB | Viewed 1261 times ]

Quote:
Wind, humidity and rainfall combined precisely to create the massive killer tornado in Moore, Okla. And when they did, the awesome amount of energy released over that city dwarfed the power of the atomic bomb that leveled Hiroshima.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Post Re: One day in France
The Mother Nature can still shake us from time to time, showing us its several faces. Now you got a Terrible Mother.

Thu May 23, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]