UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 am

[ 3 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 "AFFLUENZA" 

Post "AFFLUENZA"
Everyone

I've posted a new thread on this topic because I looked everwhere but couldn't find the original location where Remo said the following:

Quote:
As long as someone cannot let himself/herself fall completely into the unknown (mostly these people have too much money, which cuts them off from real life) it is impossible for a healer to serve as a mediator between the healing forces of the Beyond and the disease to be cured.

I italicized the sentence above because of the following article I just read entitled "Affluenza, "Rampant Consumerism Erodes Us" which can be found at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070125/hl_ ... umerism_de

People are not unaware that they 'feel' unhappy, that's for sure, but what we can do to 'fill the void' is the burning question of the day.

[seems good news to me that this is all being discussed more often these days in regular media]

Kristin
(p.s. of course there are those in the world with decent amounts of $ who are perfectly 'on track' with their own integration and who spread alot of good cheer around, so it isn't always the case that the above is true, but I guess the idea is that if we are too attached to anything in this world, addicted to something/anything, that will always get in the way of the ultimate release needed in order to enter into, 'participate' in, ones' own healing..)

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:40 am
Founder

Post Re: "AFFLUENZA"
kristin wrote:
(p.s. of course there are those in the world with decent amounts of $ who are perfectly 'on track' with their own integration and who spread alot of good cheer around, so it isn't always the case that the above is true, but I guess the idea is that if we are too attached to anything in this world, addicted to something/anything, that will always get in the way of the ultimate release needed in order to enter into, 'participate' in, ones' own healing..)

Yes, Kristin, you are completely right. It is my limited English which lets the statements look so absolute. In a published work I would of course relativate.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:02 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
I italicized the sentence above because of the following article I just read entitled "Affluenza, "Rampant Consumerism Erodes Us" which can be found at:

Since Spain and the Islands have converted to the Euro, I've witnessed in disgust as the islands have begun to change. In the nearly 5 years that I have been here 3 malls/ shopping centers have been constructed all within the City Limits. There is another planned in the South, that is promising to be 'the largest in Europe'.

I began to have the sensation that within 15 years the islands will be no different than the US and worse that they want to be. Already there have been articles about the debt and addictions to buying which is no joke here. There's No Escape! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Ryan

-T.S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]