UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:40 am

[ 10 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 I-Current 

Post I-Current
Some years ago, I read a book of recollections by someone who had spent some time at the ashram of Sri Ramana Maharshi in southern India. He apparently had a problem, and one of Ramana's disciples advised him to contact the 'I-Current'. From what I can remember, this was a sort of identity formed as a by-product of all the spiritual work going on in the ashram. I don't remember the method used - maybe a simple mantra, or the intent.

Is this the same as the angels or elementals said to form or be attracted by organisations? Is there a global version? It could be seen as the sort of New Age 'You create your own reality, so there shouldn't be any problems' material that you see around, but the emphasis in Ramana's ashram was the exact opposite of this.

Unfortunately I cannot remember further details or the outcome, and whether any help given was what he wanted or what he needed, so to speak. In such an environment, one imagines it would tend to be the latter.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:42 pm

I don't know much about mentioned ashram, and I've never heard of 'I-Current' (maybe it has some other names?), but this topic seems to resonate with my 'shadowrealm' concept and idea of 'tides and ripples' between 'Light' and 'Darkness' - I'm mentioning it here to remind myself to open this topic sometime soon.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Ramana Maharshi was claimed to be in a permanent state of non-dual consciousness, with little interest in the ego or in what happened to his body. The whole emphasis was on meditation. The ashram still exists near Chennai in Tamil Nadu, although Ramana died in 1953. I think that he is usually described as practising Advaita Vedanta. I don't know if it has other names, but I think that it relates to tapping into a sort of group identity. How it might apply in the context of other groups is an interesting question.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Ramana Maharshi was claimed to be in a permanent state of non-dual consciousness, with little interest in the ego or in what happened to his body. The whole emphasis was on meditation. The ashram still exists near Chennai in Tamil Nadu, although Ramana died in 1953. I think that he is usually described as practising Advaita Vedanta. I don't know if it has other names, but I think that it relates to tapping into a sort of group identity. How it might apply in the context of other groups is an interesting question.

Patrick

It seems related to some sort of egregor (aegregor? not sure about spelling) 'being', and also a 'resonance' feeling I've described in Tarot thread, but I've got these terms from Western systems and never actually looked for their analogues in Eastern world. Interesting, indeed.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Post I-Current
Patrick, Evgeniy, and Jan,

Been considering this... Thought of the quality/so-called substance "telesma" when I read about Ramana Maharishi's reference to (the) "I-Current" myself. "Telesma" is a sort of universal energy (akin to Reich's Orgone, perhaps?), which apparently 'comes from' the Sun (whether our physical Sun in specific, or merely the Sun as archetypal force in the metaphysical sense, ie. the Great Central Sun -- sometimes identified with Alcyone -- I'm not sure). And this is according to the Bulgarian mystic Omram Aivanhov. It's something he advises us to 'contact' and 'download' directly -- the instructions to this end to be found in transcripts of his talks which have been made into books. I can say more on this later, but have just to comment now that in the case of 'telesma', we are not talking about a built-up co-resonance between us and others so much (the psychic resonance field idea, if I have that right), but more about the cellular imbibing of the permanent resonance that exists in the everywhere/always, that energy that comes from the Mystery itself. This frequency level is apparently psychophysical, in that the 'substance' can be 'taken in', like an ether-food, right on into the body, for repair and all round well-being. I guess resonance in general is what we are talking about here, so distinctions are perhaps not so very important -- I would think in this sense that the I-Current refers to the great 'I' or "EYE" perhaps and the 'streaming currents' that are constantly running, like particles in sunbeams, through everything. Thus we are talking of 'radiation', in a sense...of tapping into the healing radiation that comes from Source (and the music of the Spheres), not the 'willfully' induced (thus 'against nature', too strong) radiation that comes from nuclear fission...

best,
Kristin

Jan, again, spot on with your above post. The pespectival hall of mirrors seems to impart a harmony now, however, instead of a myriad of fragmentations. The Janus face perhaps meeting in the middle? Things are coming clean 'on the inside' now, so thanks for the associations, which I am sure awaken similar ones that others are having at this very moment, right, left and center. The 'wound' is the 'orphan' complex. The idea of a violation comes with the territory. I guess we cast around for somewhere to 'hide' this wound from ourselves, finding that we cannot do so anymore, as we have given up the idea that projection will save us! Thus we take back our shadows now together, and bigtime, in living colour, so to speak! Revelation follows.

Last edited by kristin on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 pm

In this reading (which is just one among many other ways of presenting the 'true story') we will most likely be facing a 'collective intrusion' with respect to that matter-soul, which has been split of from human consciousness in the Thirty Years War (started before: the 16th century really is the century of HER DEATH PROCESS, while the 17th seems to start with a war waged on her de-animated earthly remains).

How does this all relate to the Egregor? The hermetic group spirit? I'm not sure. But isn't it really HER who is rising back to consciousness here? In other magical societies the Egregor, that group spirit is controlled by the magical 'leaders' of the group. Is it really that literal or are we facing a variation on this occult theme now? Has the forum made its 'quantum leap' into 'impregnation' by its IBBUR, the world soul? Of course, all these threads on the modern view of reincarnation are altready little 'impregnations' by the 'spirit' of the particular deceased. Their 'style' never deserts us, even if their bodies do.

Thank you for your post, for that is one of the great 'resonant' texts for me - I take it as a really good sign. As I know, Egregor is always an artificial, but not always 'consciously created' constructs. There is a point of view that includes 'spirits' of world religions, or even smaller 'ideologically resonated' groups (with threshold about 12 persons minimum, as I've heard) in the Egregors, so there is some Egregor of this particular forum for sure.

They may range in they complexity, but they always lack their own will (as a Wand or Fire aspect of Tarot, which I mentioned in corresponding thread). Still, there is always a chance to lose your own will to the powers of Egregor - and if that happens to the whole group of people, then all of their power start to 'lock on itself' and so this group falls into dogmatism and starts to perform mindless rituals until they just fade away (aspect of 'dead green', 'necroenergy' that I've described in my watch-dream thread). I don't think that it will happen to this forum, but there are many other examples of 'egregorian takeover' that I'm aware of. I really hope that we here are creating resonance with some living and benevolent spirit - this is much more than simply spirits of some deceased, but not excluding them... of well, I'll have to explain my own vision of spirit realm sometime soon, otherwise it'll get too complicated and strange really fast )

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]