UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:39 am

[ 13 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Meeting with MLvF and the redemption of the dead 

Post Meeting with MLvF and the redemption of the dead
Some dreams and some hypothesis :

Meeting with Marie-Louise von Franz (02/08/2013)
The dream seems to take place in a hospital room. I talk in a low voice with a person (a woman?) about Marie-Louise von Franz. I want to know details about her life. Suddenly MLVF enters the room looking for something. I think that it is often when we talk about a person behind her/his back, that he/she arises suddenly. Then I found myself in bed, Marie-Louise vF is sitting next to me. So I see that she is alive. She seems in good health, sharp mind. I asked her if we have already encountered. She said no. I suddenly have the intuition that I must speak of my dreams. I say that I've dreams about her, she seems interested. I can not remember my dreams concerning her because I feel confused.
comments : I don't remember all the details of this dream.

The howl of the wolf: (dream of 2011?)
In this dream, it's dark, I walk up to a circular spot, and after looking at the sky, sliding on my back, I let out a real howl of wolf. This howl of wolf is a response to the work of MLVF.
comments: Of course, I tried to find an hypothesis about the meaning of this curious dream. MLvF was interested by "dreams and death". She wrote a book about this. For me a howl means communication. So I thought of the communication with the dead without being satisfied with my hypothesis.

The Red Book : (recent dream)
I am reading the Red Book of Jung. My mother comes to see me. She speaks of spirits. (I do not remember the details of her dream(?)). She needs my help.
Comments: In my dreams my family is very interested in the Red Book. I read it twice, but I've never finished it. Because of the dream about my mother, I decided to read it again. And yesterday I discovered the passage in the book where Jung speaks of the redemption of the dead. I found it fascinating!
I now have the intuition that the dead have a significant influence in our "every day life".
Carl Gustav Jung, speaking of the dead : "but they forgot one thing: they do not live their animal"

Dream of this night
I see my family (even my grandmother!) build an "extension" to the house of my grandparents. I think that it must be a terrace. But I see two huge trucks arrive with hundreds (thousands?) bags. (Cement bags?)
Comment: Could it be a house for the dead?

Just hypothesis. Needs confirmation. Wait and see.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Post The Doctor of the Soul
For me MLvF is a “doctor of the soul (the subtle body)”. Thus your being in a hospital room suggests some sort of psychological healing is in store. Surely it has to do with the inclusion of “the resurrected from the dead” - one’s unintegrated shadow aspects or the so-called “black gold” – those parts of psychological functioning not adequately integrated into consciousness. In our time I believe it can safely be generalized by saying it is Eros ego functioning that is needed to help redeem these “dead”. Sticking with that kind of ego attitude when approaching the inner world “heals” over time.

Said another way, we face the integration of the Christian shadow – in which the wu wei needs to lead the way.

In Alchemy antimony is “the wolf of all metals” – it purifies gold by removing slag and other impurities in the molten gold. It “eats shadow impurities” – stuff that interferes with a more comprehensive worldview.

Quote:
On account of its use in purifying molten gold – the impurities being removed in the form of a scum – antimony was also called balnerum regis, the “bath of the King.”

In The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine we find the following recipe for calcinatio: “Take a fierce gray wolf, which… is found in the valleys and mountains of the world, where he roams almost savage with hunger. Cast him into the body of the King, and when he has devoured it, burn him entirely to ashes in a great fire. By this process the King will be liberated, and when it has been performed thrice the lion has overcome the wolf, and will find nothing more to devour in him. Thus our body has been rendered fit for the first stage of our work.

As in fairy tales, the threefold repetition signifies consummation of a temporal process.

Edinger, Anatomy of the Psyche, pp. 18-19

“To live the animal” for me suggests including the voices of the lower chakras – mind-melding with the belly brain (aka the World Soul) for it is Wisdom and can teach one how to live in a more complete way. Yielding to the Eros ego when meditating or taking time to look within opens one up to “hearing” that Wisdom. One’s worldview becomes enlarged. One learns it is not wise to “rape Mother Nature”, to overpopulate the Earth, to kill off other life forms, to shit in your own nest.

Gregory

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 am

Post Re: Meeting with MLvF and the redemption of the dead
Thanks Gregory.
I was wrong with my interpretations.
That night I dreamed that I gave the Red Book to my sister because she was interested in it.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Post Re: Wolf
On a French forum about dreams, there's this dream posted on February 16:
<< I dreamed that I was with some people and not far away, wolves were walking. In my dream, they were not a threat to us.
For fun in the dream, I started to scream like them. it is at this moment that the wolf grabbed the edge of one of my coat's sleeves and made ​​me understand that he wanted me to follow him. Seeing this I duck , the leader of the group has raced to me and take a look at my misunderstanding ... as he did not understand why I do not follow, and I had to follow ...
weird ....
..>>

http://www.reve-interprete.com/viewtopic.php?t=26995

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Post Re: Wolf
I saw another recent dream about a wolf on this french forum.(a woman must descend a mountain to get some milk but is facing a wolf with whom she has a good contact)

And in this UM forum, I found today this quote of Remo :
"For Paracelsus the wolf was what he called the lumen naturae, the light of nature -- opposed to the "light of God." It was the feminine wisdom of nature that healed"

Very interesting!

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Post Wolf As Animal Spirit Helper
I like the amplification that connects wolf with the "light of Nature" as opposed to the "light of (the Christian)God". It reminds me of the wonderful times I spent exploring shamanism.

In 2001-2002 I attended several weekend-long shamanism workshops in California which helped open me up to "animal spirit helpers". The group drumming, rattling and use of "click-sticks" help one enter into the Eros ego. I purchased clapsticks (click-sticks) over the Internet from Australia in 2001. I used them on occasion during drumming/rattling sessions in the shaman training group when "energy" build-up for altered state journeying into the lower world had begun – something that would last for about 30 minutes before suddenly all would stop. I found the use of "click-sticks" had the effect of triggering a further descent into an altered "Eros ego" state of consciousness. They are the traditional rhythm instrument played by the Aborigines of Australia. Further, it seems as if a genetic response to an inherited psychic history of our ancestors is involved when these ancient musical instruments are used. It’s like double clicking on that hard drive each of us have inherited from the ancestors who practiced shamanism worldwide for at least 50,000 years – the oldest world religion/spiritual tradition known to man. Something that may be of assistance to our modern world as it can help one to find their way back to this "altered state" – for “the way down is the way up” at our time in history as we now engage in redeeming the shadow of Christ through the process of the Christification of the 144,000 - a symbolic number whose exact numerical value cannot be known.

Image Image
Entering Dream Time
Quote:
The Aboriginal people have always carved wooden artifacts both for Ceremony and decoration. Clapsticks (singing sticks) were used as percussion instruments along with the didgeridoo. Clapsticks come in a variety of sizes and styles, painted or plain as well as burnt incised.

I also purchased a Native American made drum that I would use in the “drumming circle”. The master shaman instructed us to drum 4-7 beats a second (4-7 Hz) - what helps put one into an altered state of consciousness.

I have had several encounters with wolf over the years - all of which lead to the feminine principle for the redemption of the Black-Gold as mentioned in my earlier post The Doctor of the Soul.

Here is an example taken from a Nov. 2006 mediation session.

Quote:
I approach a pack of snarling black wolves with glowing yellow eyes in the blackness. They don’t attack me but warn me that this is protected space (no Logos activity is permitted in this protected space). I continue to approach them and see a small pathway which I walk onto. The wolves stop snarling and growling as they are now coming up to me and smelling me. We go walking together into this dark protected place.
Attachment:
Wolves Black.JPG
Wolves Black.JPG [ 7.24 KiB | Viewed 1847 times ]

Gregory

Quote:
Christ may have redeemed Spirit but Nature was left undone. C.G. Jung

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 am

Post Re: Deer
Some weeks ago, I had a dream where Remo was a man deer.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?i ... 9264979879

In the above dream also Barbara Hannah occurs. My association to her was a remark in her Jung Biography . On p. 409-410 she writes about a meeting she, Marie-Louise von Franz and others attended with C.G. Jung and Konrad Lorenz in February 1956. There the depth psychologist described Lorenz’ research as the search for a religio animalis. This means, she writes, that Jung was convinced that Lorenz’ ethology looked for a new orientation for humans. In my interpretation this means that we have to enter the animal soul, the vegetative nervous system for the goal of melding with the unus mundus and observing the psychophysically nonlocal phenomena in it.

John Woodcock : " I rather suspect there is a new meaning to the word "animal" that the auguries are hinting at - a meaning as yet implicit, not yet realized in actuality, but near pearharps very near"

The painting "the man deer with a headed crown" by MlVF:

Some days ago, seeing a dream about a sort of man deer on a french forum, I spoke about MlVF's painting to the dreamer. The same day, turning my TV, I saw a man with a t-shirt : on it, a deer with a crown above its head.
Attachment:
cerf.jpg
cerf.jpg [ 10.07 KiB | Viewed 1766 times ]

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 am

Post The Walking Dead
Hey Fox,

I see that you choose The Walking Dead image for the image of the stag. The latter is of course something connected to the renewal of the Christian archetype. Is this TV series something of interest to you?

I inquire because recently I suddenly became interested in this very popular TV series a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't sure why. So I decided to watch a few episodes of the first season. Psychologically I found it interesting that the walking dead aka the “zombie apocalypse” are “mindless” and rely solely on their senses ( a connection to paying attention to the corporal sensations from the subtle body) for survival. Further, their bodies suffer from putrification and loss of body parts (dismemberment). These alchemical attributes struck me as some of those associated with individuation and of entering the Eros ego – uniting like this with the intermediate realm and the Eros Self. Something archetypal involved in this series. I now see that there has developed a spin-off series called The Talking Dead which has drawn a similar favorable response from the viewers.
Attachment:
The-Walking-Dead.jpg
The-Walking-Dead.jpg [ 90.61 KiB | Viewed 1762 times ]

Quote:
The Walking Dead tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, i.e., a widespread (usually global) rise of zombies hostile to human life which engages in a general assault on civilization. Victims of zombies become zombies themselves, causing the outbreak to become an exponentially growing crisis: the spreading "zombie plague/virus" swamps normal military and law enforcement organizations, leading to the panicked collapse of civilian society until only isolated pockets of survivors remain, where they scavenging for food and supplies in a world reduced to a pre-industrial hostile wilderness.

Zombie – an animated corpse resurrected by mystical means, such as witchcraft.

The series has been well received and has received many award nominations, including a Writers Guild of America Award nomination and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series Drama. The series has also attained strong Nielsen ratings, beating various records for a cable series, including receiving 12.3 million viewers for its mid-season three premiere to become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history.

“I would have put big odds against a cable show winning over network five years ago,” said the president of the AMC TV network. Still, he warns, “People’s taste in what is popular can be very fleeting and short-lived. There is some alchemy at work here that is hard to diagnose and replicate.”

Gregory

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Post Re: Wolf, deer, crow
Hi Gregory,

I discovered this series very recently. I watched the first two seasons and I liked it.
I watched the episode with the deer a day or two after reading the dream about the deer on the French forum.

Gregory Sova wrote:
Hey Fox,
I see that you choose The Walking Dead image for the image of the stag. The latter is of course something connected to the renewal of the Christian archetype.

Yes! In the season two, the Sheriff is looking for a girl who is lost. He enters a church. Zombies are sitting on the benches. Impressive. He kills them. And desperate, pray to the crucified Christ to show him a sign. The scene after, we see him fascinated, he sees a deer in the forest. (I say to myself that it was the "sign") A little later, he says to his wife that it was a moment of happiness. It seems that this moment is the only light inside a very dark story.

Your analysis about zombies is very interesting.
Two days ago, I decided to start looking for a second time the first season of "Game of thrones", having forgotten the presence of the wolf and also the deer (more discreet presence than the wolf)

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Each child in the Stark family has a wolf. The crow is also an animal very present in this series. Suddenly I remember the crow with three eyes:

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Post Who Eats Whom?
Fox wrote:
...the Sheriff is looking for a girl who is lost. He enters a church. Zombies are sitting on the benches. Impressive. He kills them. And desperate, prays to the crucified Christ to show him a sign. The scene after, we see him fascinated, he sees a stag in the forest. (I say to myself that it was the "sign") A little later, he says to his wife that it was a moment of happiness. It seems that this moment is the only light inside a very dark story.

Very interesting psychologically. The zombies, the "living" dead, come back and sit in a church. They contain an attitude that would help the still living to usher in a new worldview and like this help usher in the renewal of the Christian archetype. But instead of the zombies being redeemed they are rejected and slaughtered. It is like a waking dream where the dead appear to you and try to communicate wisdom from the other side. Amazing how Hollywood can let these essential underground unconscious psychic currents manifest on the screen. Of course Hollywood only gets it partly right for they make heroes out of the survivors whose only reaction is to try to preserve the worldview they are used too. But, that is also true because most people when confronted with something new become defensive and do their best to kill it off.

Perhaps you recall Edinger's comments on "Who eats whom?" shared in Giants Eating Humanity Dream - 7 Sept. 2011. It was one of his favorite themes he liked to use in some of the lectures I heard him give over the years at the C.G. Jung Institute in LA. He would say, "The whole question in Nature is 'Whom Eats Whom?' This question also applies psychologically." I repeat the following snippet from that post as an example of what he means.
Attachment:
Man Eating Giants.jpg
Man Eating Giants.jpg [ 26.98 KiB | Viewed 1745 times ]

Quote:
What does it mean to be eaten by giants or to be harvested by angels (read: The Living Dead)? It means that one has been swallowed up by archetypal, non-human dynamisms. The autonomous ego, whose separate stance over and against instinct and archetype is the sine qua non (without which there is nothing) of consciousness, has fallen into a fatal identification with the archetypes. For the individual this means either psychosis or criminal psychopathy. For a society it means a structural disintegration and general collective demoralization brought about by loss of the central myth which had supported and justified the burdensome task of being human. In Yeats's words, "The best lack all conviction, while the worst / Are full of passionate intensity." So it was in the declining days of the Roman Empire to which Revelation refers, and so it threatens to be today.

In other words zombies eating what's left of humanity is a disaster. To be eaten by a zombie is a psychological disaster because it is equivalent to being psychologically possessed by the unconscious and like this nothing manifests as greater wholeness. On the other hand if what's left of humanity would psychologically eat the Eros ego aspects the zombies exhibit that would be an advancement in consciousness. One must have good ego strength to let in such mind-altering dynamism and face the 'dark night of the soul' such an experience would bring.

Gregory

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Post Re: frogs
Gregory Sova wrote:
Amazing how Hollywood can let these essential underground unconscious psychic currents manifest on the screen. Of course Hollywood only gets it partly right for they make heroes out of the survivors whose only reaction is to try to preserve the worldview they are used too. But, that is also true because most people when confronted with something new become defensive and do their best to kill it off.

Yes but for the moment, "The Walking Dead" looks like a true nigredo.

Gregory Sova wrote:
One must have good ego strength to let in such mind-altering dynamism and face the 'dark night of the soul' such an experience would bring.

It may be that the meaning of a dream I had 1 year ago. In it, I associated spontaneously "Thriller" (Michael Jackson) with "the seven sermons to the dead".
So that could means that the negative zombies experience ( "Thriller") could be transformed into a dark night of the soul.( "seven sermons")

I also noticed the singing frogs at the beginning of the song: ( = Abraxas?)
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

viewtopic.php?p=13041#p13041
But then the spirits of the Dead were reincarnated in Carl Jung, more exactly in his vegetative nervous system or in his unconscious Eros ego. Since he was unconscious of the latters, he experienced psychokinetic events; as did Wolfgang Pauli, the physicist and Nobel laureate (Pauli effect!), who had the same problem of not being conscious of the Eros ego and the vegetative body.
Jung’s solution of the problem was doing Active Imagination with the spirits, and he taught them that the real God is Abraxas, the reunion of God and the Devil. Like this he tamed the spirits.
However, the depth psychologist did not integrate the process of the deification of the body, of the creation of the subtle body/body soul as the means for healing physical disease and for the individual survival in the afterlife (the two aspects of what Paracelsus called the vita longa).

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:08 am

Post Re: Meeting with MLvF and the redemption of the dead
I just found this old message (2011) in the UM forum , I didn't remember it!

fox wrote:
two dreams :

I / MLVF

I do not know if it's a dream or a fantasy, if it is a dream, it's very interesting, but if it's just a fantasy, it has no interest:
"Dream" of yesterday morning: Marie-Louise von Franz says she will come and see me, in my home
. I think she must be a ghost who has the power to materialize

II / Etienne Perrot

It must be a dream of 2009, if my memory is good. Etienne Perrot died in 1996.

I find myself in front of the house of Etienne Perrot. I do not know why. There are people inside. I think they'll eat. I'm heading towards the entrance. A woman comes to me and said I am not invited. Etienne Perrot wants to see me. He is in the garden. The woman will bring me to him
. We walk. I wonder how the meeting will happen. I tell myself it will be very special.

End of the dream ... frustrating

Does it mean that Etienne Perrot is reincarned into the VNS of the people in the house?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:50 am

Post Nigredo
Fox wrote:
"The Walking Dead" looks like a true nigredo.

Yes, I would agree that The Walking Dead heralds the nigredo phase of the opus as they are connected to dismemberment (beheading). Nigredo tries to rid the ego of collective adaptations (worldviews) that work against union.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]