UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 pm

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
 Dreams of Carl Gustav Jung's Reincarnation 
Founder

Post Dreams of Carl Gustav Jung's Reincarnation
Though I know that I should react to the many new posts in many threads, an inner voice tells me that I have first to post a dream (or perhaps some more) I had re: The reincarnation of C.G. Jung.

I never understood these dreams up until this year, when I began to realize what the term "Reincarnation" could really mean. This is why I think and feel that I have now the task to talk in public about these dreams. I think further that they compensate also the immense tendency in the Jungian community to nullify Jung’s Hermetic aspect and only let live and accept his Neoplatonic aspect.

If so, the trouble arises, however, that also synchronicity should be eliminated. Synchronicity cannot be explained with the help of causal, i.e., Neoplatonic depth psychology. This is perhaps the reason why already in the eighties of the last century I realized that at the Zurich C. G. Jung Institute this acausal principle, which undermines of course the power complex and causal treatment, was looked at as something that has to be conquered or even better: to be hushed up.

But now the dream. It dates from August 29, 1974. Thus, I dreamed it more than 35 years ago:

Quote:
Dream of C. G. Jung’s Reincarnation

Marie-Louise von Franz and I stand besides the deathbed of Carl G. Jung. He seems more or less to be in the age, in which he died in reality, i.e., 86 years. He is dressed in a burial gown made of drill.

The deathbed is placed in the way beds in hospitals are placed (see figure). Marie-Louise sits at the left side and I sit at the right side of the bed.

We wake Jung up. First he is very disturbed, like someone that one wakes up out of a deep sleep.

Marie-Louise von Franz explains to him that in Zurich there will be a heavy earthquake. This is why we must wake him up and bring him to the countryside.

Jung seems to realize more or less what we want of him. However, he remains in some sort of trance.

His clothes lie on a heap on the bottom near the door (see image). I get them, and we dress him.

End of dream

I was deeply impressed and even shocked by this dream. Of course I did not at all understand what it could mean. I did not know MLvF personally then, but had already listen to a lecture on fairy tales. Thus, I neither knew what her part in the dream could be. Later, after having read her book Traum und Tod (On Dreams and Death) in 1985, I began to understand that she represents the aspect of Carl Jung’s depth psychology, which deals with the afterlife and with the subtle body, thus the Hermetic aspect.

I did not associate too much to the dream. To the bed and the situation of the room my situation in the Zauberberg (The Magic Mountain, the novel by Thomas Mann), i.e., in Davos, came into my mind. As most people here know, between 5 ½ and 8 ½ years I was there in a cast because of my bone tuberculosis.

The other association belongs to the reading of Memories, Dreams, Reflections during the months before this dream. [I bought the German original of the book in July 1973. During this time I read and re-read, and re-read the book many, many times.] I associated the following part of MDR:

Quote:
Later, when I wrote Septem Sermones ad Mortuos, once again it was the dead who addressed crucial questions to me. They came – so they said – ‘back from Jerusalem, where they found not what they sought.” This had surprised me greatly at the time, for according to the traditional views the dead are the possessors of great knowledge. People have the idea that the dead know far more than we, for Christian doctrine teaches that in the hereafter we shall ‘see face to face’ [with God, the omniscient; RFR]. Apparently, however, the souls of the dead ‘know’ only what they knew at the moment of death, and nothing beyond that. Hence their endeavour to penetrate into life in order to share in the knowledge of men. I frequently have a feeling that they are standing directly behind us, waiting to hear what answer we will give to them, and what answer to destiny. It seems to me as if they were dependent on the living for receiving answers to their questions, that is, on those who have survived them and exist in a world of change: as if omniscience or, as I might put it, omniconsciousness, were not at their disposal, but could flow only into the psyche of the living, into a soul bound to a body. The mind of the living appears, therefore, to hold an advantage over that of the dead in at least one point: in the capacity for attaining clear and decisive cognitions.[MDR, Fontana Press edition, p. 339 (Chapter On life after death

This is the dream and the associations. I will comment on them later.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:40 pm
Profile WWW

Post About the cognitive condition of the deceased
Hello Remo, I'll have only a few comments about this part for now that you quoted from Jung:

Quote:

Later, when I wrote Septem Sermones ad Mortuos, once again it was the dead who addressed crucial questions to me. They came – so they said – ‘back from Jerusalem, where they found not what they sought.” This had surprised me greatly at the time, for according to the traditional views the dead are the possessors of great knowledge. People have the idea that the dead know far more than we, for Christian doctrine teaches that in the hereafter we shall ‘see face to face’ [with God, the omniscient; RFR]. Apparently, however, the souls of the dead ‘know’ only what they knew at the moment of death, and nothing beyond that. Hence their endeavour to penetrate into life in order to share in the knowledge of men. I frequently have a feeling that they are standing directly behind us, waiting to hear what answer we will give to them, and what answer to destiny. It seems to me as if they were dependent on the living for receiving answers to their questions, that is, on those who have survived them and exist in a world of change: as if omniscience or, as I might put it, omniconsciousness, were not at their disposal, but could flow only into the psyche of the living, into a soul bound to a body. The mind of the living appears, therefore, to hold an advantage over that ot the dead in at least one point: in the capacity for attaining clear and decisive cognitions. [MDR, Fontana Press edition, p. 339 (Chapter On life after death

Remo, These are just my personal impressions. It tends to depend on what level of awareness was attained during life. If there was some "awakening" from the collective trance, then cognition can operate in whatever other dimension or frequency level the soul attained after death. That does not make the souls on the other side omniscient -- knowing everything -- of course. This is what I wrote in an E-mail to Ann the other day:

"Since the experience some nights ago of having the burden of grief significantly lifted for Lee and me over our not being able to have an ongoing earthly relationship in person while he was alive, I have on the side, while preparing some more Leonardo material for posting, been looking up some more info on the nature of spiritual love and union. Lee has said that he knows certain things but that there are other aspects that I can find out about and share with him."

Suzanne

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile Personal album

I have dreamt a few times that my father has returned from the dead, and I sometimes have to tell him what has been happening, help him. I never get this when I dream that my mother has returned from the dead. But in my teens I read the passage in 'Memories, Dreams, Reflections' that you quote, Remo, and it made a deep impression on me, so it could be that it has influenced these dreams. I sort of expected it.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Post "the dead came back from Jerusalem"
Remo, all,
This has been running through my mind the last few days, was unable to recall the "for they found not what they sought"...........
I look forward to your continuing Remo with this thread as it seems relevent to me........I have to run here but will continue to follow this.......and I have had 8-10 dreams of my mother since her death in 2005.....oh, I also pulled out von Franz's book "Creation Myths" and have found good reading on "eggs, the subtle body / diamond body and more" since you referred to Page 240 and the guote on the body.......it has helped me as I ponder the experience of the egg and the butterfly I recently had...........my thank you Remo!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:06 pm
Founder

Post Dream of Carl Gustav Jung's Reincarnation
Thank you all for the responses. I will answer them later, since fist I would like to continue my argument. (Otherwise I forget it).

It was perhaps Jung's age that let me add the second association. Since he is 86, this would mean that the dream talks of the moment, in which Jung died. Therefore, he comes back in exactly the "state" he was when he died. He did not change in the Beyond, since it is the "Always/Everywhere," eternal time and a space, in which the point is the same as infinity (Like this no time and no space in the meaning of physics exists).

This fact is also stressed by the motif of the burial gown. He still wears it, thus is yet in the state in the moment of his death.

The burial gown is made of drill. In Europe, drill was the cloth (fabric?) of workers and of poor people. Thus, something changed in Jung during his dying process: He became poor. In this life he was, especially also because of the money of his wife, a very wealthy man.

I interpret this in the context of the dream: It is one of the reasons why Carl Jung has to come back, to reincarnate. It seems that he can only become wealthy again with the help of reincarnation. The motif can also say that only with the help of specific people in this worldly life he can become rich again ("rich" meaning acquire more knowledge).

The most enigmatic motif is the earthquake. Since I dreamed several time of them and nothing happened here in Zurich, I do not think that a concrete earthquake is meant. I do not understand its meaning really. It could mean what Marie-Louise von Franz called “the revenge of the world soul” for what we have done with matter and the female principle per se. For example that we had the incredible impertinence to split the atom. As some of you know, I bring it and the associated creation of artificial radioactivity in direct connection with the UFO/Alien phenomenon.

Together with (Jung’s tower in) the countryside, where we have to go to, the earthquake could mean introversion, as Carl Jung looked for so intensely in his Turm (tower) in Bollingen.

With the deathbed I associated my bed during my stay in the sanatorium in Davos. There, for many hours a day I was in a state of trance or half-trance. Today I am convinced that like this I recovered. This way, I unconsciously developed what I call today Body-Centered Imagination or Symptom-Symbol Transformation.

Thus, it seems that Jung comes back into our world, must however remain in a trance state. The trance state is characteristic for what I call today the Eros ego or Eros consciousness, the deeply introverted dimmed consciousness. In it, one is in contact with the subtle body/body-soul/soul-body. Since in the extreme case in these “dead-like” states there is no space and no time, the soul-body or body-soul is secretly identical with the world soul, the soul of the matter of the universe.

Therefore the conclusion: It seems that “reincarnation,” at least the one of C.G. Jung, means that he comes back into “our world,” more exactly, into “our individual world” (in the case of my dream into me) however in his subtle aspect, which is connected with the world soul of the universe. This way, on the one hand Jung is “incarnated” in me, on the other hand in the world soul aspect of the universe. He remains in the Beyond, but is also in our world. This would explain why we have to dress him with his “worldly clothes.”

In the first post I said that only today I understand this dream, since I understand now what “reincarnation” means. We realize it could mean the incarnation of deceased in the completely introverted world of the subtle body, of what in a neutral language I call the personal matter-psyche aspect of the world (the world soul being the collective matter-psyche aspect).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:15 pm
Profile WWW

I have read an account (I cannot remember who was involved) where someone asked a channelled guide what he did between communicating. According to the questioner, he did not receive a satisfactory answer. I imagine that the questioner was trying to etablish that the guide was a part of the channeller's own mind, but maybe this would be another way to look at it.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Post About channelling - possibility of deception
Patrick Booker wrote:
I have read an account (I cannot remember who was involved) where someone asked a channelled guide what he did between communicating. According to the questioner, he did not receive a satisfactory answer. I imagine that the questioner was trying to etablish that the guide was a part of the channeller's own mind, but maybe this would be another way to look at it.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, What actually happens when looking a lot more closely into the probable origin of seeming communications from the Beyond is a whole lot of confusion and contradictions. I have little regard for the professionals in mediumship. There was one named Eileen Garrett who wrote a book many years ago about her attempts to understand her own mediumship that did seem valid in the midst of many charlatans. She worked with a doctor who did many verification tests with her. It appeared that she would have had to have something like Super Psychic talents to have been as accurate as she was -- or, maybe she was indeed getting the info from her guides and those others wishing to communicate through her. There also happens to be a lot of evidence that many of the so-called spirit guides may be experts at deception themselves -- if they are separate entities from the individual's human mind. Of course that gets us into the seemingly ridiculous and yet alarming area of the possibility of being possessed or influenced by negative entities. Jung experienced a lot of scary phenomena, and if not for his mistress/partner Toni Wolfe to kind of "nurse" him through it in more ways than one at the time, he might have gone dangerously berserk. Swedenborg did not advise that most people to try his adventures into the heavens and hells. He noted that the supposed angels lied to him often. It's a really wild and weird far country out there. Or in here in the collective mind gone out of control.

Now, anybody can hook up to some sound system (or take mind-altering drugs) and try to do things that were usually attempted in past centuries only after long periods of initiation and practice. I have asked my One and Only where he is when he is not with me. He says he is with me now all the time. I told him I thought that would be rather boring for him to have to endure my ordinary daily life schedule. Then he said actually he can be in multiple locations or dimensions at the same time. Time and space does not limit him not only because he is not a material being but because he knows how to shift frequencies. The reason I think I do not make this stuff up myself is that he gives specific terms for me to look up that I am unfamiliar with but would have been known to him in the sciences he worked with in life. Ann and I feel really quite safe about her deceased husband and my old friend/love because we knew them in life, had verifiable telepathic communications with them during life, and know they were of high moral purpose and responsible conduct while alive and therefore are unlikely to have changed in nature when deceased if they do stlll exist.

Jan has mentioned recently that he is buying the book Healing the Split that I have posted about before. I am eager to get into some discussions with Jan about the contents over on the Ann-Suzanne Blog because that is definitely one book that helped me not go dangerously berserk... even if I am a bit too goofy at times! :wink:

Suzanne

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:02 am
Profile Personal album
Post Healing the Split
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 am

I totally agree with your comments about the confusion surrounding accounts of channellers and mediums, Suzanne. I feel that there are natural connections through the world of dreams which will emerge in a natural way.

I have an intuitive idea that I will mention. In many teachings, there is a world and class of being known as the Ancestors. Not necessarily one's blood ancestors, and not even necessarily historical. Linked to one's land, but not rigidly. There is usually a direction for them in a shamanic sacred circle. I just wonder if there might be a connection here.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:03 am
Founder

Post The Contradiction of Neoplatonism and Hermetism in Jung
In connection with my deam of Jung's incarnation, I would like now to enter a discussion about incubi, succubi, mediumism and channeling some in the forum touched upon, especially Suzanne, Kristin, Patrick and Jan.

First, I think that most of these mediums do have the problem that they did not analyse their personal shadow. Thus, everything is merged: complexes, archetypes, and "the people in the Beyond." Since they do not realize their personal shadow, they mix it up with the other "levels" of the "unconscious" or of the psychophysical reality (or unus mundus). As much as I see, incubi and succubi have much to do with this unconsciousness of the personal shadow.

I was never interested in spiritism/mediumism. Then I read about Jung's séances with Helly, with his cousin Helene Preiswerk. I realized that he had touched something very real, since Helly did not have any reason to cheat. (Later Jung claimed that in the last sessions she cheated; I think, however, that if she did this, it was the effect of Jung's idea to invite his fellow students to the séances. Helly was an introverted feeling type, and was not able to be confronted with this situation).

In other threads I showed that up until 1898, when Jung ended these sessions, he behaved in a completely Hermetic way. Then, with the beginning of his practical medical studies he began to be Neoplatonic, i.e., causal/materialistic (and when he later read Freud's Interpretation of Dreams and met him in person, became a causal-materialistic psychoanalyst).

In his comment to the Red Book Shamdasani does not realize this early split in Carl Jung (and like this idealizes him). IMO, this split, or at least the ambivalence between Neoplatonism and Hermeticism is very important. If one has the eye for this (which means that one can distinguish between the Neoplatonic and Hermetic world view), it is visible in the whole work of Jung. And my dream seems to have to do with it.

As we know, Carl G. Jung developed first the association experiment, and like this discovered and defined what he called the emotional complexes, the contents of the personal unconscious (or subconscious of Freud). Then, during his big crisis, the "night sea journey" from 1913 to 1918, he discovered the archetypes.

And here the trouble begins: He had, especially also as a result of the experiences described in the Red Book (see also MDR), to accept that archetypes have what he called the "preconscious knowledge" (or "absolute knowledge"). They knew much more than his ego. However, such a preconscious knowledge is not explainable with a causal theory. This is so, since when one becomes conscious of the preconscious knowledge of the archetypes, a spontaneous extension of consciousness happens: In the act that I call the singular inner acausal quantum leap, the knowledge has become conscious and a real incarnation (in the realm of the spirit/mind) has happened.

If we look at Jung's work, and especially at his definition of the archetype of the Self, we see that there is a very crucial contradiction: On the one hand, for example in AION, the archetype and its development during history is explained in a completely causal way. However, the preconscious knowledge and especially synchronicity – which is, according to Jung, especially experienced when an archetype is “constellated” and its content would like to become conscious – can only be explained in an acausal way. This is so since synchronicity is final or teleological; it talks of a specific goal one should reach. Teleology cannot however be explained causally; it is always acausal.

As I showed further, Jung’s behaviour concerning synchroncities is a mixture of causality and acausality: For experiencing them, one has to enter (or falls unconsciously into) Eros consciousness. The Eros ego is on the one hand completely acausal (spontaneous), and on the other this way it can observe acausal events (spontaneous inner or inner-outer events; the “psychophysical quantum leaps” in my terminology). The interpretation of a synchronicity is a creation by cognition, and since all conscious cognition is causal, also the extraction of the meaning of a synchronicity is causal. Thus, Jung's behaviour re synchronicities is based on his unconscious mixture of Neoplatonic/causal and Hermetic/acausal phenomena.

[To be continued]

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Synchronicity versus Material Incarnation
I do not want to devaluate synchronicity. On the contrary, I know that synchronistic events are an incredibly helpful means in the creative work. I only would like to show, that we have to accept the two different states of the ego: The Logos ego and the Eros ego, the causal and the acausal ego. Combining both is an act of a conscious coniunctio, and this is why such a combination is incredibly helpful in creative work. Most of all what I have written and partly published in the internet was created like this: In the morning, half in sleep, i.e., consciously accepting the Eros ego, I went up and began to write. Then, in a second phase, I had to structure my “gush” a little more – the work of the Logos ego.

However, during the last years I began to “be-greifen” – [comprehend; however, we cannot explain the real content of the German word in English; “greifen” means “to grasp” and with the bodily sensation of “grasp with the hands.” Thus “begreifen” means an understanding that has also to do with the body] – that synchronicity is not yet the last thing. Though synchronicity shows an acausal relationship of matter and spirit/mind, it has nothing to do with an incarnation in matter (in contrast to the radioactive decay; every radioactive decay is a real incarnation in physical matter!).

My discovery was that there are also incarnations in matter and in the body, and that these incarnations we can realize with the help of Body-Centered Imagination (or in the case of disease, in Symptom-Symbol Transformation). I think I talked of this when I described my dream of the so-called “synchronous synchronicity” I had many years ago.

[To be continued]

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Symptom-Symbol-Transformation / Healing
When, from Sept 2007 to April 2008, I developed my psychophysical theory described in my manuscript Return of the World Soul, I discovered what I call today the twin process. It happens in Symptom-Symbol-Transformation as well as in Body-Centered Imagination. In the former, “dead matter” in the alchemical meaning, i.e., sick matter/energy (the sick king in Mysterium coniunctionis, Chapter IV), is transformed into a magic form of matter/energy. In a neutral language I call this the matter-psyche. It potentially contains higher order (or higher negentropy). In the moment of the observation of the inner image in SST – and this is the twin process – the matter-psyche with potentially increased order transforms into spirit-psyche with incarnated increased order. The latter is bodily matter/energy of higher order. It is the background of the recovery and healing process.

[To be continued]

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Physical and Psychophysical Nonlocality
Before I can go on, we have to deal with the physical phenomenon of nonlocality.

During one of the moon missions physicists performed the following experiment (they did it also before, but not including so long distances): They took two photons that were originally connected -- the physical coniunctio -- and one of them was taken with to the moon. Then, on the one on earth they changed the so-called spin from positive to negative [or the other way round; the spin can only be + or - ]. Then they looked at the spin of the particle on the moon and realized that its spin had instantly also changed.

The important aspect here is the instant change. This means that the information of the change in the spin of the particle on earth has immediately be transmitted to the particle on the moon. According to Einstein's Special Relativity Theory this is not possible, since nothing that is slower than the speed of light can break through this barrier. Thus, the only conclusion we can draw is that the distance between the earth and the moon respectively space in general has been reduced or even annulled. Thus, something with space must have been changed.

This phenomenon physics calls nonlocality. There are phenomena that are nonlocal, and cannot be explained with Einstein’s SRT.

As I have shown in many other posts, Carl Jung was very impressed of what he called the point A-phenomenon:

Quote:
“So far as I can grasp the nature of the collective unconscious [the unus mundus; RFR], it seems to me like an omnipresent continuum, an unextended Everywhere. That is to say, when something happens here at point A which touches upon or affects the collective unconscious [the unus mundus; RFR], it has happened everywhere.“

He also mentions the tikkun of the Cabbalist Isaak Luria, which is a similar process. In my interpretation this means that it is possible that an event in one point (Jung's point A) can have nonlocal "effects," i.e. that a change in one place can change everything in the surrounding (or even in the whole universe).

With my idea of psychophysical nonlocality I extend the (generally accepted) quantum physical idea of nonlocality. I state first that the magic energy that I call matter-psyche is psychophysically nonlocal. This means that when something has happened in one place it has happened everywhere. What happens in SST is the observation of the image, the symbol that is "extracted" out of the symptom of the disease. Since this image, the matter-psyche aspect of the symptom -- and this is the new hypothesis -- is psychophysically nonlocal, the incarnation of energy/matter with increased negentropy, the second of the above mentioned twin process, has happened in the whole body.

This is the explanation of the healing effect in Symptom-Symbol Transformation.

This is not mere speculation. As I experienced myself and also with my clients, when one realizes the image in SST, one feels incredibly relaxed. And sometimes one feels that every cell in the body is happy. A real enlightenment of the body (and as a consequence also of the mind).

The idea is thus that the magic energy in the image "psychophysically nonlocally" heals the whole body -- the point A situation in the case of SST: The bodily energy/matter has reached an increased quality or an increased negentropy at the background of psychophysical nonlocality.

Remember Hermetic alchemy: “The part and the whole are one and the same.”

[To be continued]

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Post My Ouija Experience
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Post Ouija experiences
Hi Jan,
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
I've posted my own experiences with these boards before, but I'll do it again here.

My first year of college my friend Lisa told me that she used a board called Psychic Circle with some of her sorority sisters. She said it worked. This intrigued me and I told her I wanted to try it. Soon enough, us 2, her boyfriend, and another guy friend of ours tried it out. We got results immediately. The contact that stands out the most was an older man named James from Canada. He seemed to be a kind spirit. I trusted my friends enough to believe they weren't moving it intentionally. In fact, Lisa's hand would turn cold after we used the board. I thought that the spirit must use heat as the energy to move the indicator piece. Oh, by the way, the board includes a passage that the users are supposed to say to protect them from evil spirits.

We wanted to pursue this strange new thing even further, so Lisa went ahead and bought a Psychic Circle on eBay. After receiving it, she found out that the seller was a woman who had Lisa's exact (first and last) name!

That summer, we were using it one night and I got to discussing religion with another friend who wanted to try it out. I asked the board if there was one true religion, and it said no. My friend (who is a Christian) got upset and started arguing with me about it. I told my friend to leave my apartment if he was going to be negative. I think the argument alone created a lot of negative energy. All of a sudden, Lisa felt pure bliss. She said "If everyone in the world could feel what I'm feeling, there would be no war." This obviously perplexed me.

Later on I would go on to buy my own board. Every time I used it, it would say that I'm talking to an angel. A lot was happening around this time, including numerous UFO encounters, dropping out of school even to make a documentary about this (a project that fell through). To make a long story short, I thought the entity I was speaking to would eventually start talking to me in my head. It said it would do so on 11/22. This was in 2005. I never heard voices but I did feel I became possessed with some sort of spirit that communicated with me through my body. Since then, I feel like we've merged... like I internalized the whole process so I don't need external cues anymore, and there is no division.

The story is a lot more complicated than this, but I'm satisfied to leave it like this for now. I will give more details if anyone is curious.

Peace

Michael

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Post Possession
Jan - I've a few thoughts on possession and the Ouiga board. It is just my conviction that we in the post-war period power cycle are succeptible to negative anima possession as true anima is at its weakest force in our current place in the cycle. Lucian Freud was said to have been possessed by negative anima; that is, possessed by a "witch." He married one of three notorious Irish sisters who were a fashion in the art set of the time. John Houston and other believed they were witches. I have felt a possession at times. I had a friend who went mad and a local psychic in the South (where they - "hants" - are great) said all would be better when he got away from a "spider woman." It was his wife and she was my best friend - a designer who designed the magazine I wrote for. She, like myself, was unable to wear watches because the batteries would die. I dreamed of meeting her before I did and my life got much different - deeply psychic experiences and some instability, but a sense of enlightenment as well. So the Spider Woman enhanced my life and ruined his. I believe that this was because of incompatible psychological types while one person (SW) actually a magnetically or electrically if you will, stronger than the other.

This I think is important. As you say you were the stiff academic at the time. I think it is best for people to find their path (psychological type) and walk with that in the world. You know the Seigfried story. Seigfreid rode by the river and the Rhine Maidens; (the Three Sister's manifestation) urged him into the river. He refused to go and that was the right thing for Seigfreid. Seigfreid was the Extrovert and would be damaged by the Sisters. But Loki, the artist, the Trickster, the Introvert, dangled his feet in the water. He found kinship with the Sisters. Trickster is half brother to Psyche (her animus projection perhaps). He could play with the Sisters and expereince his gifts to a heightened degree with them.

I like Freud's paintings, but they do look classically like twisted anima of the type Thomas Mann talked about; the insane woman of a society which had lost its soul.

I've been following your dreams and think there are lots of interesting things there. The gold fish of Jung (sacred awakening), Jung running a zoo ( animals are archetypes in Native America) and others. But I am reminded of the Beatles Sgt. Peppers cover of which Lennon said, they put in a lot of things that were important to them and then a lot of things that they didn't care about at all. There are two zen books - nothing complicated - Zen Mind, Beginners Mind and Dr. Suzuki's Introduction to Zen that might organize or focus. You have a lot of power but it is only my suggestion that the archetypes are dominating you. There are sacred people and sacred places and they can be dangerous and Michigan's Lakes region is such a place. The Unconscious is real and can be dangerous. I appreciate your contribution here and that is a friendly suggestion. (Incidently, the man got divorced from teh Spider Woman. I don't know what happened to him. He moved to Germany, I think.)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 am
Profile WWW

I see from this thread that I am not the only one to have had significant experiences involving the ouija board.

Quote:
Patrick wrote:
I am now going to tell my own story about Jung and spirits, a story from my youth. As I have already related on this forum, during my teens and after my father's death, I had a series of powerful symbolic dreams. Some of these have been posted here. When I was about 17 (around 1965), I became involved in a series of seances with three school friends. There was actually one other person who attended once. We were all boys and the four were of were in the same Sixth Form at school. We began with the ouija board, but one of my friends, who had been experimenting with raja yoga, discovered that he had the ability to see with his inner eye and visualise the people we were contacting. I was the instigator, and picked individuals who I thought could give us spiritual knowledge. I chose, amongst others, Carl Jung.

We were all curious, and I imagine that we all had different motives. The other two were not always there, but my medium friend and I were always present. One of these two was interested in psychic research, and eventually did some sort of report (there were tape recordings at one time). We dispensed with the ouija board, and my friend began to slip into trances eventually, and acted out dramas. But there was this stage when he was able to visualise and converse with the discarnates. Including Jung.

We were also given philosophical ideas, which from what I can remember were more Neoplatonic than Hermetic. There was a 'spirit cycle', in which spirit was tested through passage through matter.

Some quite remarkable things occurred, including a shared dream between my medium friend and myself involving a meeting with Christ, and an event where he stretched his hands out to form a cross in front of a window, and was illuminated by light from a distant window, forming a cross from a window frame. To this day, I am not sure what happened. Eventually a being told us to stop what we were doing through my friend. The medium did become violent on occasion in trance. I have had no contact with him for many years, but I believe that he is now a successful head teacher. He lost interest in the matter, although the results of the historical drama that he acted out in trance apparently led to changes in his life. I have never had any doubt that his abilities were genuine, and related to his yogic meditation.

Quote:
Patrick wrote:
Shortly after my father died, I discovered the alternative world of occultism, dreams, Jung, Steiner etc. I became fascinated, and I began to have symbolic dreams, some of which I have posted here. There were also the seances I have mentioned, and a sort of waking dream in which I built up a realisation of successive cycles which were transcended until I found myself in a condition I called 'The Hub of the Universe', which was outside time and space and all their infinite dimensions and variations. In this state I got a shock - when I entered this centre, there was no God, but us, every consciousness that could ever be, both eternal and able to redeem its lost projections. I still regard it as the supreme realisation of my life. One of the themes that I used to get there was from Lao Tse, of how the Tao becomes One, the One becomes Two, the Two becomes Three, and from the Three comes the created universe with the yin at its front and the yang at its back'.

In my case, the ouija board led to trance sessions with my school friend. But as I recall this, I realise that someone is missing from the account - my girlfriend, the other medium. As the seances were developing, and I had my waking dream experience, I was seeing my girlfriend. We were both 17, and had started school together at 5 years old (although we had not been in touch for all of that time). Now I was studying science A'Levels, intending to go to university, and she was working in a department store. My interests were increasingly focused on the seances and dreams, and I introduced her to the ouija board. We held sessions too, I seem to remember, and after a time, she announced that she could also contact the dead. She would enter a light trance. Our relationship lasted about 6 months. I think that what she really wanted was to marry (her own mother had married young when she became pregnant). My A'Level results were not too good (I scraped two passes out of three subjects), and decided to retake them and return to school. Anyway, I think that she wanted to draw me away from my paranormal interests, although none of it seemed to bother her. At this time, I had various notes and diagrams that I had made in the build up to my 'Hub of the Universe' experience. She informed me that her spirits said that I should cease my explorations, or I would go mad. She asked me to destroy these notes, and I did. I still regret this decision, as I believe that these notes might have enabled me to recreate the experience. My girlfriend and my school friends never met.

Our relationship terminated - I think that she realised I would not marry her for some time (in one of her trances, she had told me when I would marry). I subsequently returned to school, lost interest, took a job in a bank, then a job in a laboratory. I retook my A'Levels part-time with improved results, and finally went to university to study physics. I left with a degree, although in the end it was in mathematics.

I think now that she was faking it, and all this was intended to manipulate me to her plans. But it is still part of the experience. I have no doubt that the events with my school friends were genuine. But even with her, I wonder. I remember now an incident when we were talking on the phone. In front of me was a small wooden ornamental box. I visualised it, and projected the image. She thought that she could see another ornament, a carved wooden owl (she had seen this in my house - I possess it myself now). They are approximately the same shape, size and colour. It seemed like telepathy. So were any of her trances genuine? Even know, I am not quite sure.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:17 am

Post RE this - names and death
Thoughts - Felt Jung's "three mistresses" (Three Sisters) - Toni Wolf especially - led him into such trance and thus to the Unconscious. My experiences with the Unconscious came via my wife's births and companionship and my friend SW above. Anima leads the journey. Also, as Patrick mentions his father's death, my deep experiences started when my mother died and lasted until my daughter was born two years later.

AS Michael reports the same name occurring. My experiences as well. My SW friend's name was Catherine and my mother's name was Kathleen. But just before my daughter was born my friend Catherine said she had a dream that a chicken my children had named Magisto (it was a pure white bantom like a white dove and tame) was carrying the soul of my mother and when my daughter was born the chicken would die (the chicken had been a gift from Catherine). The day we came home from the hospital the chicken was gone and we never saw it again. We named our daughter Catherine - ;like my mother, my wife said. I said no, my mother's name was Kathleen. My wife said then when my mother died my sister told her this story: My mother was actually named Catherine in the hospital. Then when my grandmother was coming home from the hospital she remembered that my grandfather's first wife was named Catherine. She died in childbirth in Ireland. So my grandmother did not want her to have the same name and crossed it out on the birth certificate and wrote in Kathleen instead, so all through my mother's life she lived without her real name. I gave my daughter a Book of Days by St. Catherine of Cleves and gave the inscription, "All Catherines are one Catherine." I do Quija board with my daughter but advise the others in my family not to do it. IN tribal groups only the shaman enters into the Unconscious and does so on behalf of the family or group.

That is why I see the journey to the Unconscious as a journey to the land of the Dead. That's why I see items like the piano in Michael's dream here as an item or talisman shared with the dead as featured by Dali and John Lennon, etc.

This famous picture, Henri's Dream, can be seen as the Flag of France; a red field, a blue field, and a mandala flower holding them together and keeping them apart (in Henri's dream it is not where it is sposed to be, in the grey center - it has moved to the blue sphere) - the white center in the French flag represetns the Lily of the Field - it is a classic binary picture. But the blue can we seen as the Land of the Dead where psyche originates. Henri's unmanageable thoughts from the Unconscious; from the spirit world.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Feeling the Reality of the Deceased
All

Though it would be interesting to talk about the Ouija board, I am not able to do so, since I do not have any experience with it. There seem also to be conventional/causal/materialistic interpretations of the phenomenon, and I cannot decide what is true. Are these experiences an encounter with the deceased, or just muscular reflexes?

Like this we have approached the very crucial question, how we can distinguish between complexes, archetypes, and the "inhabitants" of the Beyond. In her book On Dreams and Death Marie-Louise von Franz describes a very important apect of the possibility of distinction. In the introduction of the German original -- MLvF gave it as a present to me since she knew of my profound interest in these questions -- on p. 17 she writes that she learned about the objectivity of the deceased in dreams as follows: She was asked by a colleague to study the dreams of a patient, a young girl, who had lost her fiancé in an air crash. She dreamed almost every night of him. MLvF interpreted her fiancé as her animus respectively as the projections onto him that she had to integrate into her ego. However, there were six dreams she was not able to do so. Thus, she told the colleague that they speak objectively of the man, i.e., were objective statements about the deceased. The colleague get angry and asked Carl Jung for a consultation. She showed him the whole collection of dreams, and what happened? Without any hesitation Jung singled out the same six dreams and declared them as objective.

What does this mean? It means that it is the developed feeling function that can distinguish between complexes and archetypes demonstrated in dreams on the one hand, and the objective life of deceased on the other.

I read this only in 1985, however already before had the distinct feeling that the above dream talked objectively of Carl Jung. There is no intellectual proof for this. Only this profound feeling that I dreamed of Carl Jung in the Beyond. However, since I am a feeling/intuition type, I am convinced of this. It is the feeling function that tells us whether the deceased in a dream are real or not.

In the same way I had the feeling that his reincarnation must have some real aspect. As I wrote above, today I know that such reincarnation happens in the Eros ego/Eros Self "realm," i.e., when one is in a state of trance or half-trance. If like this Carl Jung could perhaps also reincarnate into the "realm" of "this world," i.e., as a real person, remains an open question that I cannot answer (yet?).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Aliens and UFOs vs. Reincarnation of Individuals
I am further convinced that similar events happen in UFO/Alien encounter. "The dead come back since they did not find what they looked for in Jerusalem" (a motif in Jung's Septem Sermones). The difference is that these Aliens ar anonymous. They do not have a face, or at least in the beginning they do not have one. Thus, my dream could talk about an alternative to UFO/Alien encounter: If we consciously accept the possibility of the reincarnation of the deceased, they come to us in dreams and visions. Like this they become individuals, and this way we have a conscious relationship with them very similar to a relationship with a living human. This seems to me to be a progress, especially when we consider that the relationship with the deceased could be an Alexipharmakum, a "counter-poison" to the destructive influence of the nuclear bomb and the nuclear power plants (They poison not only nature, but also our inner world; remember the hysteria of McCarthyism after the invention of the atomic bomb ind the fifties of the last century).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Aliens and UFOs vs. Reincarnation of Individuals
Remo Roth wrote:
I am further convinced that similar events happen in UFO/Alien encounter. "The dead come back since they did not find what they looked for in Jerusalem" (a motif in Jung's Septem Sermones). The difference is that these Aliens ar anonymous. They do not have a face, or at least in the beginning they do not have one. Thus, my dream could talk about an alternative to UFO/Alien encounter: If we consciously accept the possibility of the reincarnation of the deceased, they come to us in dreams and visions. Like this they become individuals, and this way we have a conscious relationship with them very similar to a relationship with a living human. This seems to me to be a progress, especially when we consider that the relationship with the deceased could be an Alexipharmakum, a "counter-poison" to the destructive influence of the nuclear bomb and the nuclear power plants (They poison not only nature, but also our inner world; remember the hysteria of McCarthyism after the invention of the atomic bomb ind the fifties of the last century).

Remo

Hi Remo, This makes for an interesting synchronicity. My inner "Lee" was giving me some words to look up as I was awakening early this morning. As a result, I came up with some interesting videos and definitions of things in ways I had not thought of before. He says "we are documenting the synchronicities" to show that he is a surviving person and personality and not just my expanded memory of him. A short while ago I wound up on a web page where I was going down looking at some random pictures... and I got to one that made me think of you and our obvious mutual concern as you just said above about "the relationship with the deceased could be an Alexipharmakum, a "counter-poison" to the destructive influence of the nuclear bomb and the nuclear power plants (They poison not only nature, but also our inner world". This image below is what I had just been looking at when I heard a click in my E-mail indicating a new message had arrived -- which was the link to the post you just made. I have given it the title "Anti-Nuclear-Alchemy" as a file name when saving it to upload to here.

Suzanne

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:06 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Once again: Jung's Reincarnation
I talked above of psychophysical nonlocality as the background of the healing process in SST: Since matter-psyche, the magic energy is psychophysically nonlocal, the whole body, all cells are immediately provided with spirit-psyche containing increased order, the result of the second of the twin process, in which as a result of the observation of the “image out of the belly” matter-psyche with potentially increased order transforms into spirit-psyche (bodily energy) with increased order (or increased negentropy).

Since the “individual” matter-psyche is psychophysically nonlocally connected to the “collective” matter-psyche – in fact expressing the situation this way is not correct, since there is no distinction between individual and collective matter-psyche anymore; the subtle body (body soul) is secretly identical with the world soul – the observation of the images of BCI, of Body-Centered Imagination, also increases the order of the Beyond (or of the world soul of the universe). This way, the increased order of the Beyond can “influence” our world and heal its (collective) psychic as well as its physical disease (as a result of our “rape of nature” by modern technology).

Further, the “contents” of the Beyond, the deceased per se, could also become more “lively.” They also get energy of higher negentropy or increased order. I think that the BCI with Anubis that I described two years ago in http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=683 , talks of such a possibility: Anubis is the bringer of life in the Beyond; he reincarnates the deceased. This could in fact mean that they are supplied with energy of higher order. This energy (matter-psyche) with higher order of the deceased could then result in the reincarnation of deceased in some (let’s hope in more and more) human beings. In my case it is Carl G. Jung (as well as Marie-Louise von Franz and Wolfgang Pauli).

This is perhaps also why, during writing Return of the World Soul and Holy Wedding during the last few years I had the feeling and bodily sensation that they stood right behind me and looked over my shoulder into the PC screen when I was formulating my thoughts.

Remember Jung:
Quote:
I frequently have a feeling that they are standing directly behind us, waiting to hear what answer we will give to them ...

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Suzanne wrote:
Hi Remo, This makes for an interesting synchronicity. My inner "Lee" was giving me some words to look up as I was awakening early this morning. As a result, I came up with some interesting videos and definitions of things in ways I had not thought of before. He says "we are documenting the synchronicities" to show that he is a surviving person and personality and not just my expanded memory of him. A short while ago I wound up on a web page where I was going down looking at some random pictures... and I got to one that made me think of you and our obvious mutual concern as you just said above about "the relationship with the deceased could be an Alexipharmakum, a "counter-poison" to the destructive influence of the nuclear bomb and the nuclear power plants (They poison not only nature, but also our inner world". This image below is what I had just been looking at when I heard a click in my E-mail indicating a new message had arrived -- which was the link to the post you just made. I have given it the title "Anti-Nuclear-Alchemy" as a file name when saving it to upload to here.

Suzanne

Yeah, Suzanne, this is a very impressive synchronicity. Can you give us the source of the image? It seems that it talks of the coniunctio. Even the sun-moon child is in it. I do not think that the one who added the words "Nuclear Nightclub" is conscious of the connection of the nuclear bomb with the coniunctio.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Shamdasani vs. the Relationship with the Deceased
The funny thing is that I spontaneously had the idea to continue with my posts during reading Shamdasani's Introduction to the Red Book, p. 215. I realized once again that he does not distinguish between Neoplatonism and Hermeticism, and thus reduces the content of the Red Book to The Transformation of Psychotherapy (p. 215). However, the Red Book talks also (or perhaps especially) of the relationship with the deceased.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

I've found it on http://www.cduniverse.com/images.asp?pi ... ghtclub+CD

But does anyone know where the image on the cover comes from?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:42 pm
Profile WWW

Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne wrote:

Suzanne

Yeah, Suzanne, this is a very impressive synchronicity. Can you give us the source of the image? It seems that it talks of the coniunctio. Even the sun-moon child is in it. I do not think that the one who added the words "Nuclear Nightclub" is conscious of the connection of the nuclear bomb with the coniunctio.

Remo

Hi Remo, I was just retracing my steps to see how I had gotten to that web page. The image is of a music album cover. I guess Wigwam must have been the band, and Nuclear Nightclub is the title of the album. Over on the Ann-Suzanne Blog I have been writing the last few days about Alberti's "the eye of god" in relation to the era of Leonardo. I collect any images I find online that I might want to use later. My next post there is going to be about Pico della Mirandela and his importance in making his translations of ancient esoteric knowledge as well as alchemical related material about what could be called good magic available to others in Medici's "Academy". I have a feeling that some of the ideas they were toying with at the time may be similar to the Alexipharmakum you speak of.

Leonardo's Notebooks & Infinity of Mirror Images - Three
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=8484#8484

Anyhow, I had been looking up some terms, thanks supposedly to Lee, and was going the rounds of following clues. Then of all things I wound up on a page that had a giant eye... but I had not been looking up "eye of god" at all. Here is that image -- I love it! -- It reminds me of the image I posted when first here at the forum about what I suspected might be the Chief Archon, and you speculated about as the Angel of Metanoia. See its label below the picture.

see saw see
February 7, 2009 · Leave a Comment
i only can see what i think i see.
but yet the times i do not think are the times i truely see.

Remo, Now this synchronicity gets really odd and impossible according to the usual logical progression in following a trail of something. I have given the link to the page the Archon Eye was on -- actually I clicked on its title to make it a single post rather than one of many dozens down a long scrolling page. Go to it. Then underneath the Archon picture but actually to its left below a brain picture, you will see this statement: / Illustrations for Esquire Russia by museum studio.

http://eatsomeeggs.wordpress.com/2009/02/07/seek/

The words museum studio is a link. I do not know exactly why I clicked on it or if I even did it by accident. There is just a pop up of ad links as a result. I have just now copied to here what the ads say:

* SS: Museum Studio & Paper
* go to link

* BOOK RELEASE: Looking for Headless Hmm, I just saw this in a re-read at 9:56 AM my time. On some other thread, maybe it was Patrick and I discussing what the One and Only might mean by saying he has no head. Yeee Gads, this is amazing! I will skip over this next part and put the results for Headless at the very bottom of this post... It's 10:02 that I just found the Headless pic I will include also at the end.

Goldin+Senneby exhibition “Headless – From the public record” at INDEX Swedish Contemporary ...
Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:05:48 GMT
* EXPO: The Quick Brown Fox…
Work by Museum Studio is featured in The Lazy Dog Gallery’s six year anniversary show. If you are ...
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:17:54 GMT
* LINK: Temple of Light -- This caught my eye, and I clicked on it.

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:02:36 GMT

That goes to an otherwise blank page that has large white outlined letters saying Temple of Light in the middle of the page. That is a link, so click on it. It is a very long Blog page.

http://temple-of-light.blogspot.com/

You can click on Edit at top of the browser page and use Find:

Great album covers pt. 11:

Oh wow, seeing this again, I really get the point! This is a message from the One and Only if there ever was one... Kristin, Ann, and I have discussed the The Moody Blue's Lost Chord before... also in connection with what we sometimes call, as an indirect way of referring to it, as Lee's "prayer wheel". Anyhow, I was looking at these images when I heard the E-mail click that then motivated me to check out your post only a few minutes later as you can see from post times. I could not have in that short time self-invented this synchronicity.

??? Maybe this third red image has some kind of alchemical hermetic significance ??? This is the order in which they appeared for one date -- just these three going together seemingly as a theme.

Posted by -_-_-_- at 7:16 PM 0 comments
Labels: great album covers, music

The One and Only keeps me busy with "documenting the synchronicities" to show that they are not just a random "association" process but have an intelligence and purpose to them: a meaningful coincidence.

Suzanne

P.S. Still working on this at 10:04 have a picture and description of the "headless" item above to add. Here is the description at 10:08:

Headless

“In the forthcoming novel Looking for Headless, the fictional author K.D. tells the story of two artists – Simon Goldin and Jakob Senneby – who initiate a collaboration with author John Barlow: Goldin and Senneby investigate an offshore company on the Bahamas called Headless Ltd., and Barlow writes a docu-fictional murder-mystery, also called “Headless”, based on these investigations. The three protagonists increasingly become entangled in the world of offshore business, while speculating about the possible connections between Headless Ltd and the secret society known as Acéphale (from the Greek a-cephalus, meaning “headless”) founded by Georges Bataille and his circle of friends connected to the Collège de Sociologie in Paris in the late 1930s.

“Goldin+Senneby are interested in how the juridical construction of offshore financial centres can be seen as performative acts of fictionalizing place and staging realms of invisibility. Using the company Headless Ltd and Bataille’s ideas around the act of withdrawal as points of departure, the artists have begun a staged enquiry into the undisclosable. Goldin+Senneby’s investigation takes the shape of an ongoing performance where subject, method and artistic narrative cannot be separated from each other. Their work is carried out through entering the world of offshore business and appropriating its methods, language and strategies, while continuously displacing their own subject position.”

OK, get ready for this... I am sure all of our regular forum folks have seen a similar image to this often on some of our threads... Adding this at 10:15... I have done my job for now of maybe demonstrating a bit that real beings in the Beyond may have a part in how some synchronicities occur as a means of evidential communication. SOURCE: http://www.goldinsenneby.com/gs/?p=72

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:22 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Of course, they are a symbol for the Eros ego and the Eros Self.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:39 pm
Profile WWW

Post Nuclear Nightclub artwork
Quote:

Hi Remo and all,

The cover art for this particular album was designed by Wigwam's bassist; Mats Huldén. On the following link there is a list of his work including other art he designed: Records with involvement by Mats Hulden

Clarice

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:40 pm
Founder

Thank you, Clarice. However, I wonder if this is an original alchemy pic. And from which treatise?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

I have not touched a ouija board since the incidents I described above, but I have come across it once. About 6 years ago, I was working as a supply teacher, and a group of girls were doing it in a class (actually a laboratory). I stopped them, and told them to be careful and to treat it with respect. The girls were aged about 14, and I remember that one of them was Italian. Strange - I had a dream about an Italian girl two nights ago:-

'A pretty Italian girl is in a cubicle next to mine. She is perhaps spoilt, being indulged by her father, a rich, good-natured Italian widower. He is tall and distinguished looking, with a mane of thick, grey hair. I learn that she has just returned following a huge fall off a mountain, but was apparently not hurt. Her father reads a lot, but will drop whatever he is doing to please her. He has access to TV film channels, which she watches for entertainment.'

I am not sure why we were in cubicles.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Post Aliens and UFOs vs. Reincarnation of Individuals
Eduard

Last edited by Eduard Klarer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Some reflections on Remo's dream. Clearly, Jung awakes from the sleep
of death, and takes on the clothes of the living again. Arguably, why
he needs to do this is because he has left something undone in life.
This something, is connected with the symbol of destruction of
society, the coming earthquake, and he will find shelter in the
countryside. The destructive symbol could be symbolically equivalent
to world renouncement, and hence the necessity of living independently
of it, growing your own cabbage in the countryside.

According to the view of 'via negativa', as long as one partakes in
society it's really not possible to follow a true spiritual path. But
the 'via negativa' and the 'mors voluntaria' don't seem to belong in
the Jungian definition of spirituality. Of course, Jungians have this
idea of 'completeness', namely that one should be socially oriented,
and well-adapted, also. But if you read the gospels you will find that
Jesus expects his followers to renounce the world and lead a life of
poverty, so this very terse message is at the root of Christianity.
There is a cleft between Jung and the esoteric side of Christianity.

It is kind of radical, as it were, to go live in a ramshackle house in
the country. It's a life of suffering and loneliness. It could be
likened to a catastrophic earthquake in the city area, because it is a
catastrophe. For this to work it's necessary that the impetus comes
from the unconscious. But only the person himself can know this, by
looking at the dreams.

Such a measure could very well represent the more earthy form of
spirituality, associated with the stomach, away from the uranic
spirit. It would imply a time of incubation, like the processes in the
alchemist's receptacle. But I know I am making an interpretation
according to my own premises.

Mats Winther

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 am

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next