UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:43 am

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
 Giving Birth to the Kitten [and Reincarnation; RFR] 
Founder

Post Psychophysical Special Relativity Theory
Jan, All

Junis wrote:
This SLOWING DOWN OF INNER TIME is always accompanied by a sensation of 'REAL EASE' (Kristin), relief, and profound relaxation.

Two years ago, I wrote about this in

Delation of (psychophysical) time

It is important to distinguish between the time measure interval (Zeitmass) and time itself: If we are able to dilate the measure, time itself approaches eternity. I guess that I have described this also with the example of the tic toc that becomes a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic tooooooooooooooooooooooooooc. In the extreme case, the time measure interval becomes infinite, and thus time becomes both, eternal as well as one “Zeitpunkt” (time point).

It seems that the same happens then with space. The space measure interval (Raummass) becomes infinite, and the "point A" (C.G. Jung), the individual or better, the "psychophysical black hole" in it, becomes equal to the infinity of the universe.

In this state, which corresponds to the identity of the Eros ego with the Eros Self, what I call singular quantum leaps are observable: At this qualitative “Zeitpunkt” (the kairos) in “point A” (the “black hole” in the observing individual) an acausal event (an event without any cause) and thus incarnation happens. Since “point A” and infinite space as well as “qualitativer Zeitpunkt” (qualitative time point) and eternity become the same, what happens in one individual has happened everywhere and for ever. The unus mundus/beyond has changed. Because the unus mundus is psychophysically nonlocally connected to "our world," also the latter has changed. Since we experience such events consciously, the change is constructive.

It is this idea that is also behind telepathy and precognition (which in fact are behind synchronistic phenomena). As one can show, before someone experiences the outer (ie, the second) event of synchronicity, one falls (consciously or unconsciously) into the Eros state. I realized this years ago with the two examples of his own synchronicities Carl Jung gives us in his written work. [I try to show them in the following post.]

If someone has understood the above and learned to live it, they can change the world.

I call this behavior the integration of psychophysical SRT (Special Relativity Theory) into the ego.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Carl Jung's being spread out
Car Jung experienced this state, however without becoming really conscious about its background. He writes:

Quote:
At times I feel as if I am spread out over the landscape and inside things, and am myself living in every tree, in the splashing of the waves, in the clouds and the animals that come and go, in the procession of the seasons ... here is space for the spaceless kingdom of the world's and the psyche's hinterland.[MDR, p. 252]

See also

Doing BCI with the introverted corporeal sensation

Remo

PS: Perhaps this is the realm of AVATAR. I saw the movie yesterday.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Synchronicity and (unconscious) Eros ego
All,

I post here the part of Return of the World Soul that contains the two synchronicities of Jung, and my argument re: Eros ego and sync:

Quote:
6.1.4 Observational methods of Logos and Eros, and the synchronicity quest

After the definition of the Logos ego and the Eros ego we can now have a look at the observational methods of the two complementary egos. It is obvious that the observational method of the Logos ego is the one used in the scientific experiment. Thinking and sensation, sometimes with the help of intuition create an experimental situation, in which the changes in matter can be measured. An essential aspect of the experiment is that the conscious will decides the time and space of the experiment. Further, the experiment requires a completely extraverted focus of consciousness.

As I mentioned above, in quantum physics in the act of measuring, an act of will, the so-called quantum leap takes place. The mathematical formula that describes the different potential results of the act of measurement, the wave function, collapses. One and only one of the different possibilities becomes reality. Since no one knows which of them becomes reality, the act of measurement is acausal, which means that there is no cause for the “effect.” Since out of nothing something new is created, such an act actually is also a creation act. Out of the psychophysical reality, the unus mundus, something has been incarnated into our world of material reality.

The observational method of the Eros ego is however completely different. First, it is completely introverted. It concentrates further on the “gut brain” in the belly, the second brain independent from the head. This means that first, with the help of preparatory exercises, the ego has to abandon the Logos. Only then it is able to concentrate on the vegetative aspects of the body.

A further difference between the Logos and the Eros ego is that the latter is completely without will. It just looks inside – and waits. During the time of concentration something might be observed, or not. In contrast to the observational method of the Logos ego, the scientific experiment, the time and place of this observation are completely accidental. Thus, if something is observed, a singular inner (acausal) quantum leap takes place. This is the main reason why, in a symbolic language I also call the observational mode of the Eros ego the observation of the singular inner quantum leap. Such a method of observation corresponds to the above defined creation by observation in quantum physics. However, there are two decisive differences. First the observational act is completely introverted, and second, the ego has to be completely without will. This way the observational act leads to an accidental, acausal observation. This is the basis of Body-Centered Imagination.

A third difference between the observational act of quantum physics and BCI is that in physics the quantum leap happens in matter, whereas in the introverted observational method it also happens in the ego, more exactly in the Eros ego. This means that by replacing the quantum physical act by the psychophysical one we accept that the ego can also function acausally. This way the Eros ego becomes able to observe acausal creation acts out of or even in the unus mundus, the incarnation acts of the world soul.

With the help of the above clarifications and extensions of some depth psychological and psychophysical terms, we can also define Carl Jung’s synchronicity principle in a more precise way. To do this, we have to look at the only synchronicity the depth psychologist ever published, the famous Scarab coincidence. He writes :

Quote:
"A young woman I was treating had, at a critical moment, a dream in which she was given a golden scarab. While she was telling me this dream I sat with my back to the closed window. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me, like a gentle tapping. I turned round and saw a flying insect knocking against the window-pane from outside. I opened the window and caught the creature in the air as it flew in. It was the nearest analogy to a golden scarab that one finds in our latitudes, a scarabaeid beetle, the common rose-chafer (Cetonia aurata), which contrary to its usual habits had evidently felt an urge to get into a dark room at this particular moment."

Jung continues:

Quote:
"The meaningful connection is obvious enough ... in view of the approximate identity of the chief objects (the scarab and the beetle)."

He then notes that the treatment of this patient was very difficult at first because she was caught in a strong rationalism and the possibility of the irrational phenomena was completely refused. She, therefore, needed a change of perspective whereby her consciousness could open to the irrational. Such a transformation of consciousness is almost exclusively represented by symbols of rebirth :

Quote:
"The scarab is a classic example of a rebirth symbol. The ancient Egyptian Book of What Is in the Netherworld describes how the dead sun-god changes himself at the tenth station into Khepri, the scarab, and then, at the twelfth station, mounts the barge which carries the rejuvenated sun-god into the morning sky."

The meaning of this synchronicity lies in the fact that Jung's patient was strongly shown that in her, symbolically speaking, a rebirth myth was constellated that had to be interpreted psychologically as a transformation of consciousness. This experience caused a deep affect which resulted in her opening up to the irrational and her recognition of the reality of the world of the unconscious.

Another very important aspect has to be considered. Jung was not at all concentrating on his client, as usual practice demands, but somehow “dissolved” into space. Only this way was he able to listen to the noise at the window, and to open it in a spontaneous act. In slightly different words: he unconsciously was in the Eros state of the ego.

We know of a second synchronicity, in which we notice the same behaviour of Carl Jung, the fox synchronicity I mentioned in Chapter 1 :

Quote:
"For instance, I walk with a woman patient in a wood. She tells me about the first dream in her life that had made an everlasting impression upon her. She had seen a spectral fox coming down the stairs in her parental home. At this moment a real fox comes out of the trees not 40 yards away and walks quietly on the path ahead of us for several minutes. The animal behaves as if it were a partner in the human situation."

It is very unusual that a psychoanalyst goes for a walk with his patient. Thus, we can assume that Jung took another spontaneous decision. Only this way the coincidence of the dream fox and the real fox could happen. Since spontaneity belongs to Eros, we can conclude that in this second example the depth psychologist was unconsciously in the Eros state again.

I will come back to the specific behaviour - I call this the synchronicity quest – in the state of the Eros ego later . Here I would only like to mention that with the discovery of the synchronicity quest in the early 1980s, I became able to observe many more synchronicities. Since they are the real roots of creative thinking, my creativity was tremendously increased. Since then, whenever I write, I always feel that something is “writing out of me,” and my task is that of the scribe.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Post waves
Couldn't help but notice this part of your thread - and please tell me if I am merely pointing to the obvious... I would not like to negatively affect the energy you've created in here.

HERE as in a state of PURE potential?

Upon reading this I drew an immediate parallel to light being a particle and wave. The mentioning of the extended 'tic toc' of time creating a relaxed state also drew in my mind a picture of a person filled with light. The light would be otherwise dispersed in a less than optimal fashion if one's breathing is not 'tamed'...

"Scalar waves are produced when two electromagnetic waves of the same frequency are exactly out of phase (opposite to each other) and the amplitudes subtract and cancel or destroy each other. The result is not exactly an annihilation of magnetic fields but a transformation of energy back into a scalar wave. This scalar field has reverted back to a vacuum state of POTENTIALITY. Scalar waves can be created by wrapping electrical wires around a figure eight in the shape of a möbius coil. When an electric current flows through the wires in opposite directions, the opposing electromagnetic fields from the two wires cancel each other and create a scalar wave.”

JAN: "Blood is the ROSE of mysterious union" (Peace Frog)

pb

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm
Post Fourth Eye as Non-Eye
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Post ...with ants
Merci, Jan!

I had a good laugh when I saw these...

pb

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Post Ancient cat goddess temple found in Egypt
From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34935739/ns ... e-science/

Ancient cat goddess temple found in Egypt
Temple thought to belong to wife of king who ruled in 3rd century B.C.

CAIRO - Egypt said Tuesday that its archaeologists have unearthed a Ptolemaic-era temple dating back more than 2,000 years, that may have been dedicated to the ancient cat goddess, Bastet.

The Supreme Council of Antiquities said the temple's ruins were discovered in the heart of the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria, the seat of the dynasty founded by Alexander the Great in the 4th century B.C., that ended with the suicide of Cleopatra 300 years later.

The statement said the temple was thought to belong to Queen Berenice, wife of King Ptolemy III who ruled Egypt in the 3rd century B.C.

Mohammed Abdel-Maqsood, the Egyptian archaeologist who led the excavation team, said the discovery may be the first trace of the long-sought location of Alexandria's royal quarter.

The large number of statues depicting Bastet found in the ruins, he said, indicated that this may be the first Ptolemaic temple discovered in Alexandria to be dedicated to the cat goddess.

That also suggests that the worship of the cat-goddess continued in Egypt during the later, more Greek-influenced, Ptolemaic period, he said. Statues of other ancient Egyptian deities also present, he added.

Zahi Hawas, Egypt's chief archaeologist, said the temple may have been used in later times as a quarry and that this was evidenced by the large number of missing stone blocks.

Modern Alexandria was built squarely on top of the ruins of the classical-era city and many of the great temples, palaces and libraries of that time remain undiscovered.

The temple was found in the Kom el-Dekkah neighborhood near the city's main train station and is also the site of a Roman-era amphitheater and well preserved mosaics.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Post Synchronicity about BUGS - devil or divine in belly
Well, yesterday I got one of those unusual E-mails that I still have no rational explanation for. The sender's screen name began with "bug" -- just as there was the big eruption of interest on this thread about fear of wasps and since then ants and other bugs being featured by various posters. Perhaps many folks here do not know that when some people begin to venture intentionally or even sort of by accident into the astral, very scary sounds like a swarm of angry bees, hornets, wasps, etc. may present themselves. Similar alarming sounds have been reported in many UFO incidents that involve some contact with the supposed aliens. Occasionally I have mentioned on the forum, usually over on the Ann-Suzanne Blog but also in some side threads, that the One and Only and I currently do not venture into the astral. He has devised ways of by-passing rather than passing through the regions controlled by the astral lords and ladies. Yes, this is very Gnostic. I am not at home right now with access to links and other items to develop this theme more. I will get to it over on the Blog tonight or tomorrow if possible. for now I am going to post two images to make a point visually.

The Eye of God as centered in the Belly

OR

One Hell of a Wasp's Nest residing in that Dark Center!

Couldn't find a suitable quote, so I will just mention that the process of having the scary aspects transform into safe experiences has to do with observing into and then outward from the inner core of all being without fear. Then the cosmic "la tendresse" (Jan's and my term) begins to manifest. Perhaps we could translate that to Tender Loving Care -- embracing and being embraced simultaneously by The One and The All.

Suzanne

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:31 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 am
Post dragon fly check mate
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 am

Well, I just wanted to add quickly that the shrine I visited with my family was this one.. We were not aware they were having “Botan” exhibition that day. I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I was struck by how the peonies were taken care of most of all. They had straw mats on the ground to protect them from the cold and also a small tepee made out of straw around them. In some cases an umbrella was added as protection or as a sign of royalty (King of flowers). I did look at what peony symbolizes in the Wikipedia and also followed hunch to look at the history of the shrine I visited. I found it interesting Hachiman is Shinto god of war, worshiped as god of agriculture and fishing. His symbolic animal and messenger is dove!

The crest of Hachiman is in the design of Mitsudomoe(means 3 tomoe). When I looked more into Tomoe. I was also pleasantly surprised to find this comment: “On the opposite side of Eurasia, the Basque lauburu and some forms of the Celtic spiral triskele resemble small groups of tomoe.”

I also thought of the gruesome ritual of suicide for Japanese samurais who probably worshiped the god of war. How the 2 swords are used. One self inflicted on the belly and then attendant cuts off the head. Related to St. Sebastian theme?

What also came to mind is the meaning of the peony, related to Paean, “a song meant to be sung on the bottle field.” I guess, the cat/princess/goddess wants us to fight within ourselves for the “new wine skin/bottle”--which for me points to Remo's theory!

Cheers!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:16 am

Post abundance
That's beautiful, Sang. And some interesting associations, thanks. I can't help but think of the peony a representative of abundance in the garden, it is so big and also fragrant. Interesting that the ANTS like to visit it, so much so that you can't bring peonies into the house without also bringing in quite a number of ants as well (as my sister just said "they meander all over it"!).

I have a great symbols book here which also says that the peony represents the yang principle, is in fact one of the few "yang" flowers -- I found this statement rather interesting.. hmm. Anyway, it stands for good fortune and youth, and is often associated with the peacock (which as we know appears in one of the alchemic stages). These are all Chinese meanings for the peony, while the Greeks associated it with HEALING, the Japanese with MARRIAGE and fertility. Obviously it is outstanding, like the rose, to which I can't help but make a parallel here...

Thanks alot for the magical garden vision!

Last edited by kristin on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 am

Post cat as 'temple' and 'bridge'
hey Michael, good to see you around!

Thanks alot for posting regarding the discovery of this cat goddess temple. A wonderful synchronicity to the 'kitten/cat' motif beyond doubt.

For the heck of it, I just looked up cat in my book here, and thought it a little more than interesting that in this book of symbols the word 'cat' appears sandwiched between the words 'castration' and 'cauldron'. In other words, at one end lies the death of the fertility god or 'hero' (as it says: "cutting the grain is castration as is the sun in eclipse when it enters the realm of the moon goddess") while at the other end we find the cauldron (belly grail, athanor/abyss, 'daath' aspect) as representative of nourishment and the feminine receptive... The cat is a lunar animal in Egyptian symbology, an aspect of darkness because it is sacred to Set, and also of the moon as an attribute of Isis and Bast, thus through this fine 'coincidence' we might even state with some conviction that the movement goes from the death of the old king on into the womb of the goddess/queen here, using the 'cat' as our bridge (the cat as representative of a 'between states' realm perhaps -- could go with Pascals picture of the lemniscate, where the center area of the figure 8 is perceived as a point of connection, perhaps that 'everywhere/always' location?....).

cheers,
Kristin

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 am

Post Jim Morrison
Quote:
Jan wrote:

Quote:
Imagery

The line "Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding/Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind" originates from his poem, "Newborn Awakening" (and it also appears at the end of "Ghost Song"). The line is born out of "Dawn's Highway", a poem in which Jim describes an event that occurred when he was young. As Morrison described it in An American Prayer:
“ Me and my — mother and father — and a grandmother and a grandfather — were driving through the desert, at dawn, and a truck load of Indian workers had either hit another car, or just — I don't know what happened — but there were Indians scattered all over the highway, bleeding to death."

"So the car pulls up and stops. That was the first time I tasted fear. I musta' been about four — like a child is like a flower, his head is floating in the breeze, man.

My knowledge of Jim Morrison is pretty minimal, but one of the few things that I know about him relates to the above incident. Apparently he believed that the spirit of an old Indian shaman, dying as a result of the accident, passed into him. It was one of the formative experiences of his life.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am

Last edited by Jess Marks on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 pm
Founder

Post Presenting my Results in the UM Forum
All,

Junis wrote:
Remo,

just felt I want to stress again, that none of any of my posts (I can only speak for myself) would have been possible without the firm and trustful gudiance proffered by the 'theoretical framework' you so graciously share and exemplify (It is not just a 'theoretical' framework, of course) here on this forum. This deserves a 'wave of gratitude', which I'd love to send out, if I knew how :D

Thanks,

Jan

Thank you, Jan. I do this, since I feel that there are some humans in the world (of the Internet) that understand what I am talking of, since they experience(d) very similar events to mine. Presenting my results helps also to clarify them more and more, and to talk about them in a relatively simple (but not simplifying) language.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW

Post Chess
Jan, in view of your mention of chess, I will describe a recent event involving it. I was an enthusiastic chess player in my youth, playing regularly at school, but losing interest in my 20s. I rarely play now, but in my teens, it was something of an obsession.

There is a writer called Katherine Neville who wrote a book called 'The Eight' (1988). It is a thriller, in many ways anticipating more recent 'quest' thrillers, and also using the technique of developing more than one narrative in different historical periods and in parallel. It is still probably her best known novel, and was a best-seller.
http://www.katherineneville.com/

It is about a mysterious chess set, which gives great power to whoever can reassemble the set. Various famous people throughout history seek to collect the pieces, which are scattered across the world. 'The Eight' is a good read, and describes all this. Katherine Neville is interested in esoteric ideas, with a wide range of interests. She has considerable interest in Sufism:-
http://www.katherineneville.com/neville ... search.htm

Her partner is the scientist Karl Pribram, who created the holonomic brain theory:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_H._Pribram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holonomic_brain_theory

She has just written a sequel to 'The Eight', also involving chess and the same mysterious chess set, and set 20 years on ('The Fire', 2009). Yesterday, I bought it in a bookshop, and started reading it (not planned, I just wanted a novel - before chess posting). Chess is not a subject I normally think about very much nowadays.
http://www.katherineneville.com/neville ... -chess.htm

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:54 pm
Founder

Post Re: ...with ants
All,

pascal b wrote:

Also ants and termites seem to function with the help of the "vegetative nervous system" ("VNS"). This way, everything what the queen "thinks" is spread out over the whole colony. To me this seems to be a further hint that also the human VNS is what I call psychophysically nonlocal: What happens in one point, has happened everywhere.

As much as I remember, there were experiments with termites (or ants?): Slabs (panels? tiles?) of lead were vertically placed in the middle of the termite's hills. This way, electromagnetic radiation and thus information in the meaning of physics could not pass from one part to the other. But the termites went on in her daily life without any problem.

Remo

PS: This is why I think that we must revise our concept of what space (and time) really is. The "space-time" behind space-time is psychophysically nonlocal. Like this, also the "Aliens" and especially the so-called ETs are not necessary anymore for the explanation of all these weird UFO encounter and abduction phenomena. There is no other galaxy they come from, but the dimension behind (Newton's and Einstein's) space-time. It seems that string and superstring theories project this other dimension into the six-fold quantum physically small dimensions behind space-time.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Superstring Theory
The ones who are interested find an explanation of superstring theory in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstring_theory

There are the (3+1) dimensions of space-time, and six further (quantum physically small) dimensions behind it. In some models these further dimensions are "compactified" in the six-dimensional Calabi-Yau shapes:

Of course we are reminded of the so-called denarius in image #10 of the Rosarium philosophorum:

Perhaps I will soon talk about two completely parapsychological/paraphysical dreams, in which these Calabi-Yau shapes play an important role.

Remo

PS: You needn't understand all this in detail. The most important aspect is the fact that there are the three plus one dimensions of Einstein's space-time (the snakes in the hand of the denarius), and six further dimensions. The latter correspond to the body of the denarius.

This image is also the last in Jung's article on the Rosarium in CW 16 (The Psychology of the Transference). As some of you know, I do not agree with Jung's interpretation of it as the transference/countertransference problem (Did the Hermetic alchemists do psychoanalysis???).

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pleroma / Abundance / Mammon
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm
Post The Light of Darkness
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Post loss of communication (ants)
Remo, all...

just read recently that when the queen dies (outside of the colony), the other ants stop working.

I can't help but see a connection there to the Tower of Babel.

pb

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Post Re: Lumen Naturae -- The Light of Darkness
Junis wrote:
In the movie Avatar Pandora is the moon of a distant planet called 'Polyphemus'. So I'm sure there is a further meaning to Jess' dream moth, which is NOT a Polyphemus, but a Promethea (Eye of the Cyclon vs. Forethiking Eye = Precognition?). Just associating, of course. NOT Promethus, but Promethea, a female 'fire bringer'? Also Dragonflies (see my 'chess' post) and Moths seem symbolically akin. 'Beauty' rising from the 'vegetative depths' of the insect world? Vegetative Light? Lumen Naturae? The Light of Darkness.

"Like a moth to the flame"
Thanks for pointing out that Prometheus connection; I felt it had a connection to something here but didn't know what. I haven't seen a movie in a theater since "Godzilla 2000"! Not big into Hollywood anymore. Maybe I should make an exception?

Jess

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Post Eyes
All,
I took this photo last year of a jumping spider in a bowl. I don't think it's a "Habronattus" ("pretty jumper") in particular, but it is a Salticid ("jumper") and I think he's pretty! Last night I looked for the photo, and found the file, which I had originally named "Four-Eyes". Four-eyes is a derogatory term in English used for people who wear glasses. As I was looking at it, I noticed that due to the reflection it should really be called "Eight-Eyes", so I changed the file name. Then I remebered Jan's recent post about the Neunaugen (Nine-Eyes). Then I came here and saw Patrick's post about "The Eight". Also note that the chess Knight is called "jumper" in German. Also note that Polyphemus is a cyclops = One-Eye, and Suzanne brought up the Eye of God. What all this means....?

Best,
Jess

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:32 am
Founder

Post Cats and ants, bees, termites
All

pascal b wrote:
just read recently that when the queen dies (outside of the colony), the other ants stop working.

This night I realized how cats (our kittens) and ants, bees, or termites belong together:

As we have seen, the cat is a symbol of being (in) the center of the world, of being (in) the axis mundi. If someone is in this state, they are like the queen of the bees, ants and termites: What happens in them, happens everywhere. In extension of Carl Jung's statement I would postulate that such phenomena do not only happen on the level of the mind/spirit, but also on the level of matter and of the body.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: Superstring Theory
Remo Roth wrote:
There are the (3+1) dimensions of space-time, and six further (quantum physically small) dimensions behind it. In some models these further dimensions are "compactified" in the six-dimensional Calabi-Yau shapes:

Of course we are reminded of the so-called denarius in image #10 of the Rosarium philosophorum:

If we look at this image, we realize the structure of 2 x 3. Since number 3 is a symbol of energy, this means that the androgyne (on the left a man, on the right a woman) symbolizes the bipolarity of spirit-psyche (physical energy or Jung's objective psychic energy) and matter-psyche (the magic energy of the unus mundus). The two heads symbolize the Logos ego and the Eros ego.

And it is this androgyne/hermaphrodite that creates space-time, ie the reality of "our world." Such phenomena we can interpret as incarnation, and if they include deceased humans, as reincarnation.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Post Le Dernier Cri
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Post Images related to "The Third Eye" of the "One
Jan, Just remove the SPACES before the word free and before the word fin in the link here. The smaller picture will then show up because of my upload of it to the forum storage area.

Later I can delete this post content and use this same slot to reply to your post. Suzanne

Edited 10:15 AM Friday my time. Actually the image of all those eyes reminded me of one Jan and I have discussed before from the Ann-Suzanne Blog. I came across it last August due to a complex synchronicity derived from the Turkish word for eye which is goz.

The Third Eye by Özen Bozdağ

That was in a post entitled: Synchronicities - Crater Lake, Turkey, Goddess, Sufis
LINK: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7873#7873

Then there was the disovery of the winged "Eye of God" as an emblem for himself adopted by the Renaissance figure Alberti who influenced Leonardo Da Vinci:

Image Image

Alberti's emblem on left and Egyptian "Eye of Horus" on the right

Leonardo's Notebooks & Infinity of Mirror Images - Three
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=8484#8484[img]

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 am
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next