UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 am

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
 Giving Birth to the Kitten [and Reincarnation; RFR] 

Tasha was my the name given to my cat by the woman at the animal rescue centre, Kristin, and she always remained Tasha.

Yes, I remember Emma Peel (an anagram of 'man appeal'). Diana Rigg was Patrick Macnee's second assistant. The first was Cathy Gale, played by Honor Blackman. She cropped up in a dream I had about 1967, which I thought that I had previously posted but cannot find:-

'I travelled back through time on a beam of flashing light, stopping at various points in time to experience memories which seemed to relate to previous reincarnations. I remember a violent incident on a beach where I was some sort of smuggler being arrested - I think that I was shot. I would guess that this was in the 18th Century.
I then stopped in ancient Egypt where I was shown pictures, on the wall of a temple or pyramid, of the birdlike Ba soul hovering over the physical body. My communications informed me that there were two souls, but that 'the archaeologists will never discover this'.
My next stop was in Atlantis, at the dawn of our cycle of civilisation. A great vehicle or space ship was visible somewhere - a sort of huge, semi-transparent vessel of bluish-green. (It may have been present in Egypt - I do not remember.) Two figures were present - a man and a woman. The man had gone and the woman remained alone. I entered her consciousness and shared a terrible ache of loneliness and sorrow. She was Eve and was about to partake of the Fall. It was fear - nothing more and nothing less. It was connected with the disappearance of her husband. I was also the man, and he was going away to pursue his own destiny - to 'do his own thing'. This was painful to the woman, but in another sense an inevitable consequence of human development. The woman was, or closely resembled, the blond television actress Honor Blackman. I then returned to the present and awoke.'

Cathy Gale, like Emma Peel, protected the Patrick Macnee character with her martial arts skills.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Patrick wrote:

Yes, I remember Emma Peel (an anagram of 'man appeal').

It doesn't work, does it? I read that somewhere, and obviously never checked it. Sorry about that.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 pm
Founder

So many interesting ideas and dreams! Where shall I begin?

Jan's animation is a perfect image of what I call the twin process happening during BCI: One enters the "black world," the head of Osiris;

See
4.4.1 The depth psychologist’s Neoplatonic interpretation of the unio corporalis and the repression of conscious suffering

Quote:
This Holy Wedding has dramatic effects. The king in former times brightly golden and dressed in a safran-yellow robe “has now become totally black – the sol niger” (§ 725). Thus, he is labelled as the “black Osiris or Ethiopian, and also [as] the ‘Moor’” (§ 730). The head of this black Osiris is „boiled in a pot“ (§ 730). For this reason the royal personages have to be decapitated (§ 730). This headlessness suits very well to the circumstance that the monocolus as well as Osiris as a general rule are represented ithyphallically (§ 726) [as also Hermes; see figure on the left[2]] and in the Christian interpretation therefore compared with the devil (§ 726). Of course this figure is not the Christian devil, but close to the cosmic God Pan (see figure on the right: Pan with Aphrodite and -- Eros).

This corresponds to the entrance to the unus mundus, i.e. giving up the identification with the logos and entering the "gut brain" (Michael Gershon). Then, the inner quantum leap happens what is equivalent to the freeing of the images and/or the music coming out of the belly brain. This is the jump of the black cat. In the case of creativity (and of synchronicity), these image develop into new ideas -- the white bird.

The white bird -- a dove? -- can also symbolize a new creation, an incarnation on the level of the body. It seems that Jan's healing from his milk allergy happened this way. See http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#9331

Jan described the procedure somewhere else, but I don't find the post.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Inner Observation of Reincarnation vs. UFO/Alien encounter
Kristin

kristin wrote:
I will only concentrate on one of these dreams here, as the other two follow a very similar pattern, with only one difference, and that is that in this most significant one the return of the deceased cat is associated with the appearance of UFO's in the sky overhead.

This is very interesting for the following reasons:

First, the dream shows that reincarnation and UFO/Alien phenomenology belong together. This is what I expect for some time now. In the case of conscious observation of such phenomena there seems however to be a reincarnation of individuals, and not of these greys and other unidentifiable beings. This seems to be a great progress. With the help of our conscious observation (and it seems also the consciousness re my theoretical thoughts; especially the twin process) we help to reincarnate people and animals, to whom we had a close relationship. This is true for Patrick's dreams, and also for yours, Kristin. It is further true for my dreams of the reincarnation of C.G. Jung (see Dreams of Carl Gustav Jung's Reincarnation) and Marie-Louise von Franz (see Marie-Louise von Franz' Reincarnation).

I think that we are observing and describing here a real revolution of our world view.

Second, your dream tells us that not only humans, but also animals can be reincarnated. This would perhaps back my theory that the whole unus mundus/beyond has got higher order (higher negentropy in physical terms). Thus, specific humans reincarnate in a higher state, and so do also animals. It is as if the "landscape" of the unus mundus/beyond has been "lifted up", and this way can reach over into our world of the here and now.

Remo

PS: Remember also what I wrote in
The Radioactive Experiment of the Deceased about Wolfgang Pauli's dream, in which Einstein comes back to do radioactive experiments.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Inner Observation of Reincarnation vs. UFO/Alien encounter 2
kristin wrote:
Here I need I think to add that earlier in the evening on the night I dreamed all of this, I had a significant BCI experience while listening to some Native style music, which included many natural sounds, such as the chirping of distant crickets and occasional howling of coyotes. It was a very non-commercial piece of alternative music, thus it had a most trance=like effect on me, and I simply dropped into the BCI motif naturally and immediately when it began to play, even though I had actually been on the computer working at the time. All of this world then vanished and I felt suspended in time with this music playing on, very otherworldly. I could in fact 'sense' the usual world going on anyway around me, watching it from this other location even while suspended in this way. It was in fact a really liminal experience, quite extraordinary. I should note too that I did not 'feel' my head to be there when I was in this 'non-location' but instead had only a 'totality' of sensation, and no thinking at all occured while in the dream time. When the music finished I felt refreshed in every way, it is impossible to express, but every part of my body felt healthy and 'relieved'. I don't have this kind of experience very often, if at all, usually only when I am lying down (here I remained sitting..somehow!), and then only when I have been in that position for awhile and with the 'thought' to enter a BCI perhaps... so this was a new sort of thing for me (except when out in the wild natural places, where one naturally enters a state of altered time very often...).

I think that the above dream confirms that your BCI was the conscious experience of the incarnation of the inner UFO/Aliens; of their incarnation/reincarnation into the VNS, which is nonlocally connected to the unus mundus/beyond.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: a cat dream
kristin wrote:
I go back into the house, and looking out the window up in the attic now see an unusual circle of white lights appear on high. This set of lights appears from out of the stars themselves it seems, out of a constellation of stars that I am watching in fact, which is like a cloudy patch in the sky [association: the center of our galaxy in the Milky Way].

As much as I know, the center of the Milky Way is a black hole. The latter I interpret as the unus mundus

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: a cat dream
kristin wrote:
In this dream (as also in the other two), the little cat is sensed to be 'missing', as if she has just run away from home or become lost. I am agitated, looking out the front door to see if she is out there. It is usually either twilight time or nighttime in each case. In this dream it is the darkest nighttime. I go outside, and discover her collar on the ground, discarded. Whereupon suddenly a ghostly presence appears. It is a friendly ghost, a sort of 'cat/dog' figure, very strange, almost like a cartoon. It says to me telepathically that it 'speaks to me FOR my cat ' (ie. in her place), and I 'know' this ghost as an emissary then, and just as suddenly that my cat is actually dead. However, at the very same moment, I also know that she is still 'alive', and somewhere very close, however not in this reality. Meanwhile out on the street at the same time a woman sits in the middle of the street wrapped in a blanket selling bread rolls. It is very cold but yet she sits there right on the ground [association: a very natural person, indigenous, like a Native Indian for instance, grounded, non-dramatic/ & rolls = sustenance, basic nourishment].

I am reminded of Pauli's "revenues." See
Connection of nuclear plants and relation with deceased

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Picasso's Peace Dove as End of MLvF-Reincarnation
All

Remo Roth wrote:
The white bird -- a dove? -- can also symbolize a new creation, an incarnation on the level of the body. It seems that Jan's healing from his milk allergy happened this way. See http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... ight=#9331

No one can know (since I did not yet talk about it) that after the 1st continuation of the BCI with MLvF the 2nd and last continuation of the BCI with Marie-Louise von Franz' reincarnation ended with a scene, in which many white doves abandoned her heart region and flew away. My spontaneous association was Picasso's well-known sketch.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post r/evolution
Remo, thank you heartily for your very tuned-in comments and apt synthesis of all of this mutant material, I feel completely in sync with you in this respect.

This is all really most amazing.

You said above,

Quote:
I think that we are observing and describing here a real revolution of our world view.

I think so too --- it is the very mystery of transubstantiation we undoubtedly encounter here, IMO!

feeling joyful,
Kristin

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:38 pm
Post Jim Morrison
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:40 am
Founder

Post Re: Vampire Child, Fractalization of Blood: NEW HOUSE
Jan,

Yesterday I pondered over an answer to your post from 14 Jan 2010 06:44 pm and thought that I will answer tomorrow. I agree with what you say there. What I was especially interested in was the following (in the ps):

Junis wrote:
The 'playfulness of the kitten' happens without any 'guilt', so it kind of takes place in 'paradise;, before any 'primordial sin'. This also seems to be linked IMO to a deep decent into the muladhara, the root chakra. This is associated with the explorative drive as emodied in the 'playful child' (innocence, kitten, curiousity), but also in colonialization, etc. The muladhara is associated with the instinctual soul, the survival instinct, and thus also the 'predatory realm'. This IMO is the root of the 'vampiristic aspect', which a lot of people are now submitting to unconsciously. It is very important NOT to get obsessed with this VAMPIRISTIC ASPECT, and not secretely idolize it. It does to some extent belong to the ambivalent nature of the world soul. We DO NOT have to sacrifice pleasure, curiosity and ego consciousness in general, on the contrary. IMO opinion this kind of 'sacrifice to the gods' comes from a collective guilt complex connected to the 400 years of 'crimes' unconsciously commited by logos consciousness with respect to the world soul, which in a sense 'DIED' to our 'externalized' world some time between 1492 and 1648. The individual then might unconsciously identify with the 'guilt' produced by these 'logos crimes'. This is a TRICK played by the logos ego (belonging to the 'OLD HOUSE'). Like this it still feels some sort of twisted sense of power after surrendering to its abdication. It is a particular kind of 'narzism' a lot of people might get entangled in. This 'feeling of guilt' arises with respect to the 'axis mundi', the center of the world, which is part of the 'acausal new creation' and collective shift into the 'NEW HOUSE'.

It is important to cast this feeling of guilt aside, and focuss on observing the 'little kitten play freely with their WOOL OF FATE'. Like this a coinunctio of logos and eros might at last be possible. I feel it is neccessary for some people to observe these 'suicidal' and 'vampiristic tendencies' (inverted survival instinct in the muladhara) of the collective soul and GENTLY INTERWEAVE THEM WITH THE 'FILAMENTS' EXTRACATED FROM THE INNOCENT GAME OF FATE OF THE LITTLE KITTEN. This happens quite naturally when one focusses on the world within and some of it begins to 'radiate'. SO no need to become enganged in any massive outer action.

Today, I realized that in the newest post you come back to the vampire aspect.

Can you elaborate about the inversion a little more? I do not really understand how this could happen, feel however that it is very intensely constellated today. Especially with the EMOs of today. Do you talk of them in your above post?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: Vampire Child, Fractalization of Blood: NEW HOUSE
Jan,

Junis wrote:
the ...

NEW HOUSE

... is NATURE itself, but as observed from the INNER/OUER-PLAY of the modern shaman (I believe, Roger once used this expression) ... like this science (outer observation of nature) and religion (inner observation of god-image) come together to form the new house / temple of consciousness, which is merged with nature in complete harmonization. BUt this has nothing to do with the disembodied utopian dreamcastles of some escapist movements. This new world will not be free from suffering, death etc. It just all tunes and ties into the great natural cycling of being and nonbeing, and their 'acausal fluctuations' in the 'magic field'.

Exactly!

I think that you are reminded of the thread New House Dreams and Radioactivity, Pauli's Piano Lesson

The "New House" is the vegetative aspect of the human body. I dreamed once that I have got the Nobel Award for this discovery.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: Peace Dove = Calumet Pipe / Jim Morrison's Reincarnation
Jan,

Junis wrote:
We started to do sommersaults, which eventually evolved into salti.

Aren't somersaults and salti the same? Or do you describe a development from "oscillations" to a rotation?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Tue May 03, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:38 pm
Founder

I do not know exactly why, but I feel that all this belongs together with the dream that showed me for the first time that I have the task to develop Body-Centered Imagination.

See The dream that led me to BCI and to the Eros Self (Valentine's day 1975)

Then the two posts below follow:

Quote:
The "Nebenraum"
The adjoining room (der Nebenraum) became a very important symbol in my dreams, especially in the years 1988, when I applied for the first time BCI with sick people. I began to understand that the adjacent room is a symbol of the "inner aspect" of space and of the body, which we can only observe with the help of the Eros ego. Like this I began to realize the Eros Self.

I am more and more convinced today that the Eros Self or the unus mundus, the place of the world soul, is a "spaceless space" and a "timeless time" and thus equal to or containing the Beyond. This is why it is possible to have a relationship with the deceased in the Beyond, but only when we approach this "always/everywhere."

I guess I already mentioned somewhere that I learned about this relationship the first time with a woman, who was diagnosed as schizophrenic. Yes, see http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... renic#3083 .

Quote:
The "contents" of the Beyond and reincarnation
Quote:
Remo Roth wrote:
I am more and more convinced today that the Eros Self or the unus mundus, the place of the world soul, is a "spaceless space" and a "timeless time" and thus equal to or containing the Beyond. This is why it is possible to have a relationship with the deceased in the Beyond, but only when we approach this "always/everywhere."

Some further thoughts:

The expressions "spaceless space" and "timeless time" are however related to our way to see space and time. Thus I postulate a qualitatively different space and time in the Beyond. The question is how it would look like.

Here the subtle body/world soul concept enters the scene. This "always/everywhere" (= time is eternal and a point in space is the same as the whole universe) seems also to contain a different form of matter/energy. I call it the matter-psyche. I know visions of people which seem to show that with the production of artificial radioactivity we "fill" the unus mundus in a wrong way. This is why the "inhabitants" protest and tell us that we destroy the Beyond (and with this also the universe) or increase the "negative karma" there and in our world. However, if we do BCI it seems that we do the contrary: We decrease the negative karma, and the people in the Beyond are very thankful for this. It even seems that like this we help them to reincarnate. Clarice's vision confirms this view. As I wrote they seem to reincarnate in the corporeal visions of some people.

Of course all this is yet speculation, but without some new axioms we will never understand all these strange phenomena like deeply corporeally sensated visions, UFOs/"ETs" and crop circles -- and healing.

Already there, all this was connected to reincarnation. And in Jan's dream above Jim Morrison is reincarnated. It seems that he has yet something new to learn in the VNS of Jan :P

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: VEGETATIVE SUN
Junis wrote:
All this is nothing I 'know' cognitively. All these thoughts emerged from surrendering to the energy of this thread, and I didn't have any of these thoughts before (some themes preluded).

Jan,

Yes, I feel this. And many posts are very synchronistically related to my thoughts, dreams and memories of BCIs.

I guess that this is the thinking of the manipura Chakra.

Writing about James Joyce's Ulysses, Jung calls this

"Eingeweidedenken bei weitgehender Unterdrückung der Grosshirntätigkeit"

(GW 15, § 166; I do not possess the English CW 15). In a footnote he adds that this is the abaissement du niveau mental (a “slackening of the tensity of consciousness"). For Jung this term is ment in a pejorative way. In a positive way I call it the Eros ego.

Remo

PS: Perhaps someone can quote the English § 166 (up till "Joyce knows both"). It is absolutely decisive, also for our topic, since it shows that Jung anticipated the Eros ego, without however being able to realize ît consciously.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:13 pm
Post deleted
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Tue May 03, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:48 pm
Post deleted
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Tue May 03, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:08 pm
Post deleted
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Tue May 03, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 pm
Post deleted
deleted on request

Last edited by Gone on Tue May 03, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm
Founder

Post Oscillation > Rotation
Jan,

I wrote about Pauli's wasp phobia in

The Connection between Radioactivity and Synchronicity in the Pauli/Jung Letters

The only way I know to overcome such states is to bring down the energy into the belly -- in a deeply introverted way.

Then, it transforms into a rotation, and this is the solution.

Good luck!

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Oscillation > Rotation
Remo Roth wrote:
Jan,

I wrote about Pauli's wasp phobia in

The Connection between Radioactivity and Synchronicity in the Pauli/Jung Letters

The only way I know to overcome such states is to bring down the energy into the belly -- in a deeply introverted way.

Then, it transforms into a rotation, and this is the solution.

Good luck!

Remo

Hi Remo, Here is an illustration for this from what I just posted over on the Ann-Suzanne Blog:

William Henry calls it: "The circled dot is the Eye of God."

The Belly - Eye of God

LINK: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=9367#9367

Suzanne

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:12 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:13 pm
Founder

Post Re: Kitten Jump
All

Junis wrote:

I would like to return to the cat, the main motif of this thread. In Europe the black cat is mostly a negative symbol. When one meets one in the street, we say that misfortune (and thus evil) is constellated.

As we further know, evil seems to be connected to acausality. I think that it is this combination that Pauli stresses in the following quote (already many times mentioned in the UM form; it seems, however, to be a decisive statement):

Quote:
The acausal principle of the anima mundi was of extreme importance to Pauli. In another letter to Fierz on Oct 8, 1953 he writes that it is

Quote:
“The one that escapes the intellectual order of laws. It is the evil in ethics (the problem of the integration of evil into the godhead, etc.), the acausal in natural philosophy.” [Translation mine]

If we accept the black cat, we realize that the singular acausal event is not evil. Thus, the (black) cat could symbolize what I call the (acausal) singular inner quantum leap, observable in the states of BCI (with the help of the Eros ego). This way the (black) cat transforms into the (white) dove. As I wrote above, this means new creation (and incarnation); on the one hand in synchronicities that lead to new insights, on the other to new creation on the physical/bodily level.

Therefore, the animation (is it created according to a picture by Escher?) is perfect for the demonstration of the singular quantum leap (the "psychophysical radioactive decay") during the twin process.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Just a quick comment. I don't think you are " too far off", if not right on the money (Mannon). Your quote on the concept of "Ba" is important, which I believe can be connected with Michael's Avatar! And why Remo's middle name is "Ra". What insights you are sharing here and how much you must have been "paying for them"...
Peace to you!

p.s. I had noticed my typo "Mannon" instead of Mammon, but then got the association to the French Movie "Manon des Sources" and thought why not let it flow? :lol: Michael's avatar came into my mind reading about concept of Ba, Bennu bird, and Benben stone etc, but perhaps this is not quite accurate to say?

p.p.s. Here's what MLvF says about the 'cat-goddess' asking that her head be cut off' in The Cat: A Tale of Feminine Redemption:

Quote:
You see, that is the great mystery... [Bastet] thinks of festivity, fertility, music, magic. Magic is very important because it is a spiritual activity--pleasure principle, communion in the village community and so on... Perhaps you could sum it up by saying that the magic of life resides in Bastet's head.

Goddess willing...

Last edited by Sang on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

I have had a wasp phobia for as long as I can remember. I cannot stay in the same room as a wasp, and either I run away, get it out of the house, or kill it. I am wary of being stung, but bees don't give me the creeps in the same way. The sinister movements just get to me. I have only been stung once in my life, about 10 years ago. I have mentioned this phobia before when I was surprised to learn that Pauli also had it.

Last September I had the following dream:-

'I am in my garden, pondering a problem regarding a colony of ants. My problem is how they can transfer food (for some reason small pieces of salmon – maybe the remnants of a sandwich) back through my garden to their nest in my front garden. I wonder if a large ramp would work. Suddenly, a huge wave of ants appears, flying down the left side of my garden in a number of separate groups – maybe twenty. Each group appears to be equipped to form a new nest, with the flying ants carrying all the other ants incapable of flight, plus a sort of bottle that is designed as a basis for a new nest. In fact, this is totally unlike the behaviour of ants, where the only ants to permanently leave the nest are the fertile males and females. The new nest is created entirely from the offspring of a new queen. It is closer to the behaviour of bees, but of course, all the bees can fly.
The ants are apparently seeking new locations for nests, separated from each other and from the parent nest. They double back up the next garden, where there are large holes waiting for plants to be inserted. I wonder if these will attract any of the ants.'

I really do have a colony of ants in my garden - they keep appearing to die off, and then reappear. I don't know if they are still around now. They are related to bees and wasps, and here they seem to be copying the way bees swarm. I know that this doesn't involve wasps, but something strikes me about their path of motion, which I have not made clear in my record. They flew in a straight line, then turned at 90 degrees, then doubled back, zig-zagging always at 90 degrees as they made their way across the gardens. Somehow, I think that this relates to the alternation of yin and yang.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Post the meander symbol
hi Patrick

your discussion above reminds me again of the ideogram used by Neolithic peoples, and likewise also by the Minoans, Greeks and etc., though in a different motif, called the 'meander', which I we've referenced on the UM before elsewhere. Remo refers to it when he discusses that classic motion of the UFO, the zigzag ( the meander symbol), which also pops up in his dream of an alien that moved in that same strange manner as your ants.

The motion of a meander is recalled in the movement of snakes, and in fact the meander was often used as a symbol for water. With this symbol then we move back into the energy symbolism of the svadisthana chakra. Meanders as found on ancient pottery look like sort of V or chevron shape or an M shape which usually repeat in a line. In these jagged motifs there is always depicted therefore both a forward going motion and then a complementary 'doubling back' movement (in other words, 'reversals', which seem to suggest the acausal principle). The Hopi peoples created many petroglyphs depicting this symbol as well.

The meander symbol is associated with the Great Goddess, and one can find alot of rich material on this subject in the work of Marija Gimbutas, who did seminal research on Neolithic peoples. Gimbutas decoded at least 50 of these ideograms. In the words of a text I read, describing her work: " Gimbutas discovered that these ideograms represented the numinous life energy in nature, and in human life, and that combinations of them could be used to express "sonatas of becoming" as she called them". Her major piece of work on this rich and varied material is entitled "The Language of the Goddess"(1989), wherein she discusses the V and M shapes as part of what she calls "Old European script", which was common between 5300 and 4300 BCE. Gimbutas isolates the meander as representative of 'cosmic waters'. The zigzag was the symbol for the Bird and the Snake Goddess also. In Balkan art for instance a goddess figure is depicted holding a basin in her lap, which is connected back to the idea of divination by water. There is so much material here that it's well worth taking a look at on the web, as it jibes so extraordinarily well with our discussions regarding the belly BCI and the VNS factor, that 'eye of god' residing 'in the lap', the omphalos, as Suzanne's picture from Wm Henry's site clearly depicts. The belly area can be viewed as 'a black hole', co-resonant with the existence of the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, where an intricate 'inner/outer' connection with all of nature is 'entered into' through submersion in the VNS. Thus the belly is a sort of 'oracle' of the body..

But I get off track! Really, just wanted to say that your comment above, regarding the ants and their zigzagging motion, where you said,

Quote:
Somehow, I think that this relates to the alternation of yin and yang.

is exactly spot on, Patrick.

You bring 'the garden' bacj into discussion here, which is particularly apt. We are stewards of the delicate 'yin yang ' balance, within as without, are we not? If we tend the inner garden, the radiation of that wu wei 'action' doubtless causes many healthy flowers to bloom, though what type and when they might manifest we cannot ever speculate!

cool stuff everyone,
Kristin

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:14 am

Quote:
We are stewards of the delicate 'yin yang ' balance, within as without, are we not? If we tend the inner garden, the radiation of that wu wei 'action' doubtless causes many healthy flowers to bloom, though what type and when they might manifest we cannot ever speculate

How about Peony?
I went to one of Japanese shrines yesterday with my wife and daughter and saw these flowers in garden. It is called "Botan" in Japanese. I felt it was significant then... :lol:

Peace,

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next